2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

A Euro Tour player bag unlike any other

golfnhack

And is that a ball retriever and one of those little scrub brushes for your irons i see attached on his bag as well?

I'm betting against him after seeing those headcovers.

Is the brush in the same league as iron covers and ball retrievers now?

I didn't realize this was a big deal until a few months ago when my new instructor was poking fun at one of the new kids. This guy played on tour and just started laughing. Funny thing is, this is the best kid in our group.

Well, I hope that kid leaves your instructor. Sounds like a tool player, not a tour player.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good ol’ “heard from” routine. No evidence, therefore irrelevant.

Wall has the best contacts in the industry. I'll take his "heard from" any day over the multitude of yahoos on here whose "rep told them".

The vaunted WRX'er "inside source".

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

And is that a ball retriever and one of those little scrub brushes for your irons i see attached on his bag as well?

I didn't realize this was a big deal until a few months ago when my new instructor was poking fun at one of the new kids. This guy played on tour and just started laughing. Funny thing is, this is the best kid in our group.

Well, I hope that kid leaves your instructor. Sounds like a tool player, not a tour player.

well, you could tell he was just joking and the "kid" is like 27

Most definitely.

One of those "you know you're in for a long day" sorts of things when you see a guy with one. Played with a guy a few wks ago who cleaned his irons with that little wire brush after EVERY shot.

Then proceeded to shoot about 105��

I have a brush, clean my irons after every shot, takes less time than most people whine over their poorly struck shots....I break 80 pretty much all the time, must be cuz my grooves are clean.

I think the reason you are not breaking 70 is due to excessive club cleaning. All that wasted energy?

well, you could tell he was just joking and the "kid" is like 27

Lol...27? That's not a kid, thats someone who should not be living with his parents, lol..ok, ok....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

Those that can't do, teach.

Ping G400 10.5,3W,5W (Eye 2 1,3,5)
Ping Eye 2+no+ 3-SW, BeCu+ LW
Ping 30th Anniversary Anser, Pat Pend. Anser 2
Titleist Pro V1

Those that can't do, teach.

I'm not taking up for the guy, but he is in his 60s now. Never seen him hit a ball though, so you may be right.

So if I understand you correctly, you have a 3 step process after you hit each club: 1) spray club head,2) scrub club head with brush and 3) dry clubhead with towel. WHEW!!

You say it's only 15 seconds per club, but multiply that times 90 shots and you've just added another 25-30 mins to everyone's round. Then everyone else in your foursome starts doing the same and you've got a complete cluster F.

No offense, but the guys in my group wouldn't stand for that, nor would most golfers.

We have a guy in our group that started to use the little brush bucket at the side of the cart to clean his clubs after EVERY shot and then that morphed into a process of hit, scrub, dry etc after every shot. There is simply no need to clean a club after each and every shot and to that level.

There's a reason processional caddies simply carry a towel. One side wet, one side dry. Looks professional and it works.

it's possible he does it while others are playing their shots, which would add approximately 0 minutes to the overall round.

This. If a guy keeps up, he can have as many steps to his club-cleaning routine as he wants. The slow players I've been forced to observe generally aren't quickly and purposefully cleaning clubs, they're simply not doing anything quickly or purposefully.

I have a vouble of brushes at home and clean my cluds the night before a tournament or even an event im looking for. On the course i just use a wet towel. Ive played tournament golf pretty much my entire life and dont think the brushes are a bug deal even if they are attatched to the bag and the player uses it after ever shot! Zach Johnson's caddy uses one as well as a few others! Not a fan of the iron covers! The ones pictured even appear to be the made in China covers!!!! Never seen them on TM site lol. If it makes u happy and you like it... Go for it!

The good ol’ “heard from” routine. No evidence, therefore irrelevant.

Wall has the best contacts in the industry. I'll take his "heard from" any day over the multitude of yahoos on here whose "rep told them".

The vaunted WRX'er "inside source".

Ignorance is bliss.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

So if I understand you correctly, you have a 3 step process after you hit each club: 1) spray club head,2) scrub club head with brush and 3) dry clubhead with towel. WHEW!!

You say it's only 15 seconds per club, but multiply that times 90 shots and you've just added another 25-30 mins to everyone's round. Then everyone else in your foursome starts doing the same and you've got a complete cluster F.

No offense, but the guys in my group wouldn't stand for that, nor would most golfers.

We have a guy in our group that started to use the little brush bucket at the side of the cart to clean his clubs after EVERY shot and then that morphed into a process of hit, scrub, dry etc after every shot. There is simply no need to clean a club after each and every shot and to that level.

There's a reason processional caddies simply carry a towel. One side wet, one side dry. Looks professional and it works.

it's possible he does it while others are playing their shots, which would add approximately 0 minutes to the overall round.

This. If a guy keeps up, he can have as many steps to his club-cleaning routine as he wants. The slow players I've been forced to observe generally aren't quickly and purposefully cleaning clubs, they're simply not doing anything quickly or purposefully.

Yes. I play w one of the slowest guys at our club (good friend, what can I say) and EVERYTHING he does he does slow...always last to the tee, then at the first tee marks each of his 3 balls for the round and takes about a minute per ball, and on and on like that throughout the round. Funny part is he even takes about a full hour to eat his lunch. Everyone done within 15-20 mins but not this guy!!

Bryson Dechambeau has won quite a few tournaments lately. Saw him call for the brush from his caddie and clean his own iron before a shot.

Of course the announcers gave him the thumbs down like most of the responses on this thread. Always use a brush, wire and soft on the other side. I like clean clubs.

I also have always used iron covers. Can’t stand clanking iron sounds, it’s like nails on chalkboard to me. Also, love new looking irons and I usually only keep for year so better resale value.

I draw the line at ball retrievers, first they are ugly, second, rarely need them, third if I do hit it in the water it can stay there.

But if your going to use iron covers use nice ones, these are hideous.

Mizuno ST-Max 10.5 Smoke RDX 50 5.5, AI Smoke 10.5 with HZRDOUS RDX RED 50 5.5

Mizuno ST-MaX 5 stock Kail'l R

Mizuno ST-Max 7 stock Kail'l R

AI Smoke HL 7-AW Nippon Neo 85

AI Smoke 7/8 Hybrid HZRDOUS Siver 65 Gen 4 5.5

Cleveland Full Face 52

Cleveland Full Face 56

Odyssey Jailbird 380

Titelist prov1x/Callaway Chrome Soft

Bad enough a pro is using iron covers but to use fake ones is even worse.

Oh yes, yes, it is so bad and reprehensible that prevented him from winning on the European Tour. Have you, by any chance, own one of those tour titles? I will bet not, lol.....

I have the trophies, got them from ebay just like his head covers. Are you Aarons dad? lol

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure this guy could give a rat's a__ as to what some joe nobody thinks. He'd still smoke any of us on the golf course.

I remember some of the negative comments when Bubba started with pink, reminded me of the kids in middle school that talked trash about the kid that didn't fit in.

I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure this guy could give a rat's a__ as to what some joe nobody thinks. He'd still smoke any of us on the golf course.

I remember some of the negative comments when Bubba started with pink, reminded me of the kids in middle school that talked trash about the kid that didn't fit in.

I doubt anyone really cares, it's just strange. I'm sure Aaron doesn't care what we think, it's cold and raining outside, we're bored.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Like stated above, could care less of what anyone thinks about my bag and what's in it or on it, I use the brush and head covers, I am too old to give "ANY" attention to what people think is cool or not, I do "however" think that the ball retriever may be overkill...just my .02, just enjoy your time on the course and have fun, play "your" game.

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Bad enough a pro is using iron covers but to use fake ones is even worse.

Oh yes, yes, it is so bad and reprehensible that prevented him from winning on the European Tour. Have you, by any chance, own one of those tour titles? I will bet not, lol.....

I have the trophies, got them from ebay just like his head covers. Are you Aarons dad? lol

Just pointing out your ridiculous comment, that's all.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

WITB

Driver: Taylormade M4

Fairway woods: Taylor Made M2

Irons; Taylormade P770 (2-3), Taylormade Tour Preferred MB (4-9)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 (PW), Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 (52, 58)

Putter: Heavy Putter B3-MBall

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Dude swings forged blades. I don't see any issue with him wanting his clubs to look nice.

To me they look like eBay Chinese knockoff iron covers.

I’m left handed, it’s so hard to find clubs I like. I have a set of MP53’s that I love and I use iron covers so they will last as long as possible. If I was a tour player or even right handed I prob wouldn’t use them. Pretty hilarious a tour player is using them.

Despite how ugly that bag looks it’s still looks better than his swing. But he clearly can make it work so good luck to him.

The kid has OCD.. I can respect that.. lol :)

2 Gloves was a bit much tho..

Does he always use two gloves? Hong Kong can be pretty hot and sweaty

Love my iron covers, but they’re only used for travel to and from the course. I walk 99% of my rounds, so damaging clatter is minimized and I find the slight rattle that goes on while walking somewhat musical. No brush, and I wipe a club with a damp towel that I carry with me and add water from my water bottle as needed. No need to clean the grooves until after the round is over and the clubs are ready to go back in the headcovers clean and ready for the next round. I’ve never owned a ball retriever and won’t.

I played with a club pro at one course for a couple of years, and he never cleaned his irons, nor his grooves. They were slick (MP19’s) and he still spun the ball like mad.

You guys are making fun of a guy who plays for his living. I think that pretty well says it all.