2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

jumbomax swing weight

extrastiff

after switching to jumbomax tours, I'm hitting it the best I ever have . . . . which is pretty awesome, considering most of my swing weights are now 14 points off. guess Bryson has custom weighted heads made up for him lol

just looking for advice on best way to weight up my clubs. they are at b/c range, so they need like 20+ grams. Plan is to put in max tip weights(10g?), and then add lead tape from there. The clubs are in my sig. (g400,f8 bafflers, 900tours, hi toes).

Any advice on weighting (where to put tape on 900 for looks and performance, for example)is appreciated

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or anyone have experience getting custom heads made? or know of heavier than normal, players irons.

its a pipe dream, but before I go ripping off club heads and adding lead tape to everything, just thought id look into alternatives real quick.

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

I have been down this track. I use jumbo grips that weigh about 80 grams. Hence swing weight is often near C5. I have found that it is best to forget swing weight. Set up the club for a normal D0 to D2 or what ever you prefer with a normal grip. Then put on the jumbo grip and play.

I think the easiest way is to set up for a E1 swing weight with no grip and that equates to D2 with standard 50 gram grip. Then put on jumbo grip.

The weight is in the hands and does not really have a lot to do how the club swings.

I did try melting lead into the slot of a undercut cavity back to get D2 swing weight. This experiment did not last long and almost ruined the clubs. It took a lot to get the lead out.

If you need to put a lot of lead tape on your most used club as a trial. Use for several rounds and see for yourself. Lead tape can be removed easily if it does not work.

I have been down this track. I use jumbo grips that weigh about 80 grams. Hence swing weight is often near C5. I have found that it is best to forget swing weight. Set up the club for a normal D0 to D2 or what ever you prefer with a normal grip. Then put on the jumbo grip and play.

I think the easiest way is to set up for a E1 swing weight with no grip and that equates to D2 with standard 50 gram grip. Then put on jumbo grip.

The weight is in the hands and does not really have a lot to do how the club swings.

I did try melting lead into the slot of a undercut cavity back to get D2 swing weight. This experiment did not last long and almost ruined the clubs. It took a lot to get the lead out.

If you need to put a lot of lead tape on your most used club as a trial. Use for several rounds and see for yourself. Lead tape can be removed easily if it does not work.

"set up". . . I'm exposing my newness to all of this I'm sure, but how do I setup for an E swing weight other than adding tip weights, etc.

The 900tours weighed B3 or something. pro shop guy seemed severely affected by this news lmao. They hit well, but definitely felt light (before I got them weighed).

The hi toe wedges came in at C3 or so. feel better. . . .

didn't weigh the driver, but it feels light.

Pro shop guy said be wary of tip weights messing with CG?

Im sure I missed your point, cause the idea of swing weight not necessarily affecting the way it swings went right over my head.

Pro shop basically said "good luck, get a scale."

never mind I gotcha. slow moment.

B-whatever is too light though. . so hypothetically would adding 10 grams of tip weight be enough you think?

I want to avoid the looks of tape, but if there are CG issues with tip weights ill just tape.

Nevermind. Looked it up and this is from another thread.

" Tip weighting does NOT have any impact of CoG or MOI and will not affect flex to any extent that is noticeable to a human being. Head geometry and design are unaffected and there is no effect on feel or distance or launch or spin."

Pga superstore shop guy just making noise I guess.

Thanks for replies!

I’m confused. If you’re hitting it the best you ever have then why worry about it.

cause I don't the the weight change is the reason for the improvement, and I'm pretty sure getting closer to my typical swing weights will improve the feel even more. the irons feel very light. wedges (C3) feel better than irons (light B range).

so I will leave wedges, and tip weight everything else with 10 g to get into C range while staying clean

You also need to consider overall static weight and how this will impact your swing over 18 holes.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

B-whatever is too light though. . so hypothetically would adding 10 grams of tip weight be enough you think?

The point he was getting at was the measurement you are seeing is not completely accurate, so you shouldn't be saying "B-whatever is too light". The traditional swing weight scale was meant to be measured with a 50g grip, once you start changing grip weight you can no longer view your swing weight measurement as 1:1. What I mean by that is, B5 with a heavy Jumbomax grip is going to be a completely different weight and feel to B5 with a standard grip, so you can't view them the same. If D2 is your normal number lets say, you may need to add 15-20g to the head to get back there. Now it measures D2, but the club itself now weighs 70g+ more than it used to with the heavier grip and added head weight and will NOT feel like the D2 you remembered. This is why the swing weight measurement is no longer directly applicable. What you'll need to do is add lead tape to the head of say, your 7-iron until YOU feel comfortable with it, regardless of what the swing weight scale says. Once you've figured that out you can build your set around that one club by pulling the shafts and adding the appropriate tip weights. The important part is NOT referencing the swing weight scale until after you've felt it out, otherwise you're using bad data.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

The point he was getting at was the measurement you are seeing is not completely accurate, so you shouldn't be saying "B-whatever is too light". The traditional swing weight scale was meant to be measured with a 50g grip, once you start changing grip weight you can no longer view your swing weight measurement as 1:1. What I mean by that is, B5 with a heavy Jumbomax grip is going to be a completely different weight and feel to B5 with a standard grip, so you can't view them the same. If D2 is your normal number lets say, you may need to add 15-20g to the head to get back there. Now it measures D2, but the club itself now weighs 70g+ more than it used to with the heavier grip and added head weight and will NOT feel like the D2 you remembered. This is why the swing weight measurement is no longer directly applicable. What you'll need to do is add lead tape to the head of say, your 7-iron until YOU feel comfortable with it, regardless of what the swing weight scale says. Once you've figured that out you can build your set around that one club by pulling the shafts and adding the appropriate tip weights. The important part is NOT referencing the swing weight scale until after you've felt it out, otherwise you're using bad data.

perfectly explained. thanks

You also need to consider overall static weight and how this will impact your swing over 18 holes.

so static weight ended up being the dream killer. Jumbomax experiment over. . .

went to pga store and had him throw on 10 grams of weight. got it to c6(ish, I think). still felt light as far as Swingweight goes, but now there is the new issue of it feeling too heavy altogether. Weighed in at 515 grams. after lengthy discussion, we put a CP2 jumbo on the 7 iron with 10 grams of tape; comes in at D3 swing weight. I swing it in bay, and it feels clearly better. the grip is 70 grams, vs the 120 of the jumbo max.

So since it worked out that ideal swing weight (D2-D4 for me) felt better than the C range with the jumbo max, we decided it would take too much added weight to the head to get to my preferred feel. Static weight would be 525 grams+, too heavy for most. I would have to mess with lighter shafts, etc. Too far down the rabbit hole.

On that note, I think the jumbo CP2's with 4 or more wraps under the top hand (to mimic the "in the palm" feel I really liked about the jumbo max) will work just fine. After taking past week off, hands feel much better. It feels as though the thick rubber of jumbo sized grips should be enough shock absorption to help with the carpal tunnel/bruising, but only a couple weeks of daily use will confirm this.

So I will be putting CP2 jumbos with +4 on top, and 10 gram tip weights (this is the second shop guy to say putting it in hosel WILL affect it differently then putting weight on the head, but he suggested Its not so dramatic that I couldn't like/get used to it), and this will bring swing weight to my ideal D2 (ish), while keeping the head clean and helping with hand pain.

After two weeks, if bruising/pain worsens( It should not come to that, pretty confident I should be good now), I will put on graphite shafts. And then I have the option of jumbo max and weighting the head a ton if necessary.

Thanks again to all that responded.

Nevermind. Looked it up and this is from another thread.

" Tip weighting does NOT have any impact of CoG or MOI and will not affect flex to any extent that is noticeable to a human being. Head geometry and design are unaffected and there is no effect on feel or distance or launch or spin."

Pga superstore shop guy just making noise I guess.

Thanks for replies!

it can but you would have to have a chit ton of it in there......

But then you hear manufacturers talking about drivers and irons where they freed up 8 or 10 grams and redistribute it in their marketing ads....claiming all kinds of wacky stuff, lol

It needs to be a certain % of the overall mass I believe.....its alot, wouldn't worry

so static weight ended up being the dream killer. Jumbomax experiment over. . .

went to pga store and had him throw on 10 grams of weight. got it to c6(ish, I think). still felt light as far as Swingweight goes, but now there is the new issue of it feeling too heavy altogether. Weighed in at 515 grams. after lengthy discussion, we put a CP2 jumbo on the 7 iron with 10 grams of tape; comes in at D3 swing weight. I swing it in bay, and it feels clearly better. the grip is 70 grams, vs the 120 of the jumbo max.

So since it worked out that ideal swing weight (D2-D4 for me) felt better than the C range with the jumbo max, we decided it would take too much added weight to the head to get to my preferred feel. Static weight would be 525 grams+, too heavy for most. I would have to mess with lighter shafts, etc. Too far down the rabbit hole.

On that note, I think the jumbo CP2's with 4 or more wraps under the top hand (to mimic the "in the palm" feel I really liked about the jumbo max) will work just fine. After taking past week off, hands feel much better. It feels as though the thick rubber of jumbo sized grips should be enough shock absorption to help with the carpal tunnel/bruising, but only a couple weeks of daily use will confirm this.

So I will be putting CP2 jumbos with +4 on top, and 10 gram tip weights (this is the second shop guy to say putting it in hosel WILL affect it differently then putting weight on the head, but he suggested Its not so dramatic that I couldn't like/get used to it), and this will bring swing weight to my ideal D2 (ish), while keeping the head clean and helping with hand pain.

After two weeks, if bruising/pain worsens( It should not come to that, pretty confident I should be good now), I will put on graphite shafts. And then I have the option of jumbo max and weighting the head a ton if necessary.

Thanks again to all that responded.

So the jumbo cp2 is too rubbery, it compresses too much with my swing speed. I am going with a UTx midsize with the top hand built wayyy up. i like corded grips, and the midsize helps absorb some of the shock causing me issues i think, and a standard grip would tear if pulled over the top hand taping. The top hand build-up should help give me that feeling of extra palm grip i liked when using the jumbomax, helping me feel like a lighter grip pressure is available. plus i think i just am more comfortable with a midsize (large hands).

taking a week or two off was huge. self-massaging my hand helped. thicker grips help, but the swing weight issues caused me to pick a happy medium (top hand built fat, bottom hand normal, and regular midsize grip for shock purposes and weight saving over the jumbomax). I will still have to tip-weight a bit i think throughout the set to get my D0 or higher swingweight, unconfirmed yet though.

I may keep an eye out for used extra stiff graphite shafts for the next year or two and build out a set just to feel.

I will play the UTx midsize a lot over the next couples weeks and report back if any issues. just summing it up for anyone curious.

I'm slightly confused by your progress here. You got plenty of great advice from people on here but you aren't exactly following anyone's reccomendations. I'm also not sure you ever mentioned anything about pain previous to yesterdays post. If you are having pain, have you tried pro soft inserts? Prosofts, along with shock absorbing grip can help a lot. If not...graphite is the ticket.

I believe you are getting on your own way a bit here. The fact you believe your swing speed is too high for CP2s is kind of mind boggling to me. They are softer...to absorb shock. That is what they are designed for

Also adding 10g tip weight to offset a midsize grip is basically like softstepping each club to have a scale say a number!

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

and regular midsize grip for shock purposes and weight saving over the jumbomax).

Not sure I'd expect that much weight saving. Generally the added build up tape can add as much weight as using the larger grip.

we tested at the shop.

10 wraps top hand + a midsize utx+a 900tour 7 iron with 10 grams lead tape =D2 swing weight

jumbomax+a 900tour 7 iron with 10 grams lead tape =C2 swing weight

utx weight=63g

jumbomax=120g

shop guys says 5 wraps maybe 1-2 grams.

I'm slightly confused by your progress here. You got plenty of great advice from people on here but you aren't exactly following anyone's reccomendations. I'm also not sure you ever mentioned anything about pain previous to yesterdays post. If you are having pain, have you tried pro soft inserts? Prosofts, along with shock absorbing grip can help a lot. If not...graphite is the ticket.

I believe you are getting on your own way a bit here. The fact you believe your swing speed is too high for CP2s is kind of mind boggling to me. They are softer...to absorb shock. That is what they are designed for

Also adding 10g tip weight to offset a midsize grip is basically like softstepping each club to have a scale say a number!

I followed others advice to try playing with swingweight rather than shoot for a target swing weight because it may differ from standard. . . which i detailed in my posts, and it led me. . . .back to my target swing weight. Advice followed, and was helpful. Profsofts and graphite not necessary until shock absorbing grips fail . . . .

didnt mention pain cause i did that in another thread, and it led me to choose thicker grips.

The jumbo CP2 is much thicker than standard. the idea a 115mph swing can shift around the rubber on a jumbo cp2 is not crazy, and the guys i play with (mini tour guys) agree.

not sure how adding a weight is just arbitrarily going for a number. I need a midsize grip, and want extra tape top hand cause i like how it fits my hand. this makes swingweight feel too light to me, so unless your saying ten grams is neither here nor there, dunno what the problem is.

Thanks for prosoft recommend, i will consider if thicker grips do not remain sufficient. So far so good apart from this fine tuning.

I followed others advice to try playing with swingweight rather than shoot for a target swing weight because it may differ from standard. . . which i detailed in my posts, and it led me. . . .back to my target swing weight. Advice followed, and was helpful. Profsofts and graphite not necessary until shock absorbing grips fail . . . .

didnt mention pain cause i did that in another thread, and it led me to choose thicker grips.

The jumbo CP2 is much thicker than standard. the idea a 115mph swing can shift around the rubber on a jumbo cp2 is not crazy, and the guys i play with (mini tour guys) agree.

not sure how adding a weight is just arbitrarily going for a number. I need a midsize grip, and want extra tape top hand cause i like how it fits my hand. this makes swingweight feel too light to me, so unless your saying ten grams is neither here nor there, dunno what the problem is.

Thanks for prosoft recommend, i will consider if thicker grips do not remain sufficient. So far so good apart from this fine tuning.

As long as what you're doing ends up feeling better to you then that is all that matters. I think the reaction was based the fact that it sounded like you were saying "I'm hitting the ball better than ever with Jumbomax grips, but since I can not get it up to the swingweight I want I am throwing them out" to which we explained that swing weight measurements are misleading when you have heavier grips and you seemed to still gravitate towards trying to get to "your" swing weight number. The D2 you achieved with the Midsize UTX grip + tape is completely different than the D2 you would feel with a standard grip + regular tape. Again, if it feels good then great but if you find yourself feeling like you were striking the ball better with the Jumbomax grips by the time you're done with this experiment then I would encourage you to stop looking at these numbers altogether.

You mentioned Bryson earlier, he does not build his weights back up, his driver is B9.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

and regular midsize grip for shock purposes and weight saving over the jumbomax).

Not sure I'd expect that much weight saving. Generally the added build up tape can add as much weight as using the larger grip.

we tested at the shop.

10 wraps top hand + a midsize utx+a 900tour 7 iron with 10 grams lead tape =D2 swing weight

Which 'size' JumboMax - std oversize, jr, x-small, small, med, large, x-large? I forgot how much the weight varies over the different sizes (64 gm) and how heavy the larger ones get.

FWIW, A 'standard' jumbo would actually be equivalent to the Jumbomax jr (+1/8").

As long as what you're doing ends up feeling better to you then that is all that matters. I think the reaction was based the fact that it sounded like you were saying "I'm hitting the ball better than ever with Jumbomax grips, but since I can not get it up to the swingweight I want I am throwing them out" to which we explained that swing weight measurements are misleading when you have heavier grips and you seemed to still gravitate towards trying to get to "your" swing weight number. The D2 you achieved with the Midsize UTX grip + tape is completely different than the D2 you would feel with a standard grip + regular tape. Again, if it feels good then great but if you find yourself feeling like you were striking the ball better with the Jumbomax grips by the time you're done with this experiment then I would encourage you to stop looking at these numbers altogether.

You mentioned Bryson earlier, he does not build his weights back up, his driver is B9.

Interesting. What are his irons at? My driver at b3 with jumbo max it seems, I wonder if he added hot melt or it just worked out that way for him.

I get what your saying. After reading the advice here, I stopped paying attention to the number. It just turned out that I was swinging the club better when the pro added weight to the head. Then we realized it was simply too heavy.

Then we added a ton of tape to the top hand, and it mimicked the feel I liked about the jumbo max, the thing i think helped me "play the best I have" (the thicker top hand eliminates a slight "wiggle" I can feel when swinging standard grips, and the thicker grip and tape reduces shock, the whole point of going jumbomax). Just so happened that it was closer to my usual swingweight.

If it helps, I saved the jumbomax grips. 12 dollars a grip is too much to toss lol.

I have not played a round with the utx throughout the set yet, but I think the top hand wrap plus reduced pain in general is what has me striking it the best I have.

In fairness, I was on my way to playing the best I have before the grip change, not like it fixed major flaws or anything, beside the pain thing.

Everything I’ve read said Brysons clubs are in the B range.

They are. Once you bring oversized grips or extremely built up grips into the equation swingweight is nearly irrelevant except TO COMPARE CLUBS TO ONE ANOTHER As part of a given set.

“Standard” Clubs should be swingweighted when being built to E-1 WITHOUT the grips on them. That will yield a D-2 swingweight with a “standard” 50-52 gram grip installed. What happens to the SW when a very heavy grip is installed should be ignored except to compare the finished irons to each other. If a person still wishes to add some weight that is certainly fine, but they should definitely not chase D-2 as a goal.

This obsession with getting them back to a certain number on a scale that was only really designed to be used with “standard” weighted grips does not make any sense.

Everything I’ve read said Brysons clubs are in the B range.

They are. Once you bring oversized grips or extremely built up grips into the equation swingweight is nearly irrelevant except TO COMPARE CLUBS TO ONE ANOTHER As part of a given set.

“Standard” Clubs should be swingweighted when being built to E-1 WITHOUT the grips on them. That will yield a D-2 swingweight with a “standard” 50-52 gram grip installed. What happens to the SW when a very heavy grip is installed should be ignored except to compare the finished irons to each other. If a person still wishes to add some weight that is certainly fine, but they should definitely not chase D-2 as a goal.

This obsession with getting them back to a certain number on a scale that was only really designed to be used with “standard” weighted grips does not make any sense.

see thats the thing, this is not an obsession to get to a certain swingweight, seems like its coming across that way.

I tried swinging jumbomax (medium) grips, and the club head felt too light. . . .its that simple. Adding weight made it feel better. But after a few swings, it was obvious it was too heavy overall.

the fact that "too light" happened to be in the C range, and "better" was in the D range, is just an aside. I did not use these numbers to guide what felt right.

im strong 6'3 195 with large hands. . . . dunno if this contributes, but for whatever reason, the clubhead was too light without the added weight to the head (it was hard for me to track/feel it throughout backswing). With the added weight, the overall weight was too much for me to think i would last a whole 18 swinging well without pain

we tested at the shop.

Which 'size' JumboMax - std oversize, jr, x-small, small, med, large, x-large? I forgot how much the weight varies over the different sizes (64 gm) and how heavy the larger ones get.

FWIW, A 'standard' jumbo would actually be equivalent to the Jumbomax jr (+1/8").

medium tours. 120 grams per.

I will definitely be going back to the jumbomax if i have pain still with the UTx. While i am curious what graphite/prosoft would feel like and may try this if pain, the responses i have gotten here and on my hand-pain thread lead me to think getting used to the jumbomax SW will be easier than testing shaft changes.

Was unable to build up the top hand of a midsize grip as much as id like without it being goofy. Going back to jumbomax, i definitely hit them better. Thick grip while maintaining firmness. Adding weight the club head makes it feel even better. 520-550 grams is a bit much static weight for me however, im pretty exhausted after 18.

I have ordered DG x100 SL (108 grams). Should keep most the clubs under 520. Ill build the 7 iron and see how the swingweight feels. Adding a 10 gram tip weight at that point wont be too bad.

Thanks for all the replies concerning static weight and relativity of SW to club components.

Why not go back to the original experiment and do as suggested. Put the JM grip back on and start with 2g of lead tape and keep adding in 1-2g increments until the center face strikes are there with control. I think you posted that the clubmaker added 10g from the jump and it was too heavy, no need to add that much to start. And you are right the club will feel much different than with a traditional grip, but don't worry about that so much as the results. Once you play them for several rounds, they will start to feel normal. I suspect the shorter the club is, the more dramatic the change will feel. I use medium JM on my driver, didn't feel much different at all vs. My oversized grip which is 78g vs. 105g of the JM. I've also tried on a 3w, roughly same outcome as the driver although I could notice it more. Also tried on a gap wedge and it was really noticeable and I didn't care for the feel. On the driver its amazing for me....and i suspect I'd eventually get used to it through the bag. Another note....I'm not sure you can replicate the feel of the JM grips by building up an OS grip.....the JM are still so much bigger, they really are in there own category.

Why not go back to the original experiment and do as suggested. Put the JM grip back on and start with 2g of lead tape and keep adding in 1-2g increments until the center face strikes are there with control. I think you posted that the clubmaker added 10g from the jump and it was too heavy, no need to add that much to start. And you are right the club will feel much different than with a traditional grip, but don't worry about that so much as the results. Once you play them for several rounds, they will start to feel normal. I suspect the shorter the club is, the more dramatic the change will feel. I use medium JM on my driver, didn't feel much different at all vs. My oversized grip which is 78g vs. 105g of the JM. I've also tried on a 3w, roughly same outcome as the driver although I could notice it more. Also tried on a gap wedge and it was really noticeable and I didn't care for the feel. On the driver its amazing for me....and i suspect I'd eventually get used to it through the bag. Another note....I'm not sure you can replicate the feel of the JM grips by building up an OS grip.....the JM are still so much bigger, they really are in there own category.

It was static weight that felt too heavy for daily golf with the tip weight. Swing weight felt good with it. I will prob build one club with the SL shafts without a 10g tipweight, one with. try them out, see if one is overwhelmingly better or start tinkering.

you definitely cannot replicate it using tape. def bigger

not sure why i felt the jumbomax medium as 120g vs 105.fake news. hopefully all clubs will be in 500 g range.