2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2018 NFL Fantasy Advice

highergr0und

Strategy question.

I don't need a RB, but as a defensive play want to pick up Ekeler to stash. However, I could stand some better TE depth and wanted to also pick up Njoku to replace V. McDonald. I'm in second place in the league and have the #2 waiver priority, so I'd expect to get my first pick (the #1 priority doesn't really make many moves).

For my waiver priority, would you pick up Ekeler to stash (my other RBs are Conner, Zeke, Breida, Collins) so no one else can grab him or Njoku to use as a backup/possible starter (I have J. Reed as my normal starter)?

The way I look at it, someone is going to pick up Ekeler regardless, I can keep another team from potentially improving while Gordon is out. I don't know whether anyone would put a claim in for Njoku since TE's aren't as sought after and he hasn't done anything crazy to warrant a sudden pickup. I think if I put the priority on Ekeler, I'll get him, while still having a chance at Njoku. I can't say that the other way around. But Njoku is more likely to make it to my lineup at some point than Ekeler.

Thoughts?

I would try to get Ekeler...seems like he could be a bigger point getter than Brieda or Collins now that Gordon is out and it said 2-3 weeks. Our playoffs start week after next so week 14. I could get him for at least 2 weeks with one of those being my first round game. I am tied for first with 2 other guys and we are all two games ahead of 4th place so us 3 are in. Currently I am the 2 seed and our 1 seed is going to be tough, I dont know how he got there but he either traded or hit the waiver jackpot bc his team is really good now. I would just like to avoid having to play him in round 1.

Ekeler. Njoku is way too inconsistent and Reed seems to be getting more targets with McCoy at QB.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ekeler is a high upside rb2

If you have a chance to grab him you have to. Chargers might hold melvin back if they can’t push chiefs for the division title. Everyone saw what happened to kupp after similar injuries. Kupp was my flex until he went down. And now I gain a better flex player for however weeks to make the push. Fantasy football is all about luck sometimes.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Ekeler > Hyde > Howard (for this week anyway)

I got Hyde in with Howard on the bench. I didnt get Ekeler but the guy I am playing this week, who is out of the playoff picture (this is last week before the playoffs start) sure did. I dont really care where I am seeded as long as its ahead of the guy leading the league. His team is stacked and I would rather get as far as I can before playing hm.

call me crazy but I prefer Howard in this one. He has the better matchup believe it or not. Snacks Harrison leaving the Giants and going to the Lions killed their run D.

Chicago should have the lead in the 2nd half and be pounding the ball. With Ramsey possibly out I could see Luck chucking it all over the place and Jax playing from behind in the 2nd half and utilizing Yeldon more.

Just a guess, luckily I don't have to make the decision for myself!

Cohen or Gus Edwards? Edwards has back to back 100yd games with Collins out. They play ATL who is 26th in run D. I like Cohen but he lacks touches.

Carson, Hyde, Adams, and Johnson are FA RB's as well.

Gus all day. Ravens are going to use him as a bellcow. I like Adams a lot as well. Eagles have said that he's "the guy" in that committee now. Which makes sense since Clement/Smallwood have both been bad. That said, Eagles have a pretty rough schedule coming up with Skins/Cowboys/Rams/Skins.

So annoyed I didn't pick up Ware. I saw the story early but it mentioned KC and the league already knew about it so I figured they saw the video. Then when I saw he was released Ware was already gone.

I was on a plane most of the day yesterday so by the time I found out it was already 6 hours too late. There are three guys in my league who live in KC and one of them got him so I'm guessing they had a jump on the news. This same guy has Mahomes, Kelce, Hill and Butker lol. What a slappy. He's also been trolling my league all year trying to trade rape people. I can't stand this guy!!!

So annoyed I didn't pick up Ware. I saw the story early but it mentioned KC and the league already knew about it so I figured they saw the video. Then when I saw he was released Ware was already gone.

I was on a plane most of the day yesterday so by the time I found out it was already 6 hours too late. There are three guys in my league who live in KC and one of them got him so I'm guessing they had a jump on the news. This same guy has Mahomes, Kelce, Hill and Butker lol. What a slappy. He's also been trolling my league all year trying to trade rape people. I can't stand this guy!!!

Geez. My biggest threat in my league had Hunt and Hill among other good ones so it hurts him a bit, except that he picked up Ekelar. Hoping Gordon gets back before I have to see him in the playoffs.

Ok... My TE situation sucks. I've been riding Burton all season and he just sucks. I picked up a few guys. Help me make a decision

Jonnu Smith, Greg Everett, or stick with Burton today? Everett has seen an alright number of targets, Smith has only seen a few a game but has been capitalizing, or stick with Burton?

Im a point ahead and they have Wentz left and I have AP...doesnt really matter I will stay the 2 or slide to the 3 seed so Ill be playing the same person no matter if I win or lose.

Should have had Crowell in instead of Hyde, cost me 10 points there but managed everything else ok. Kelce had a monster game for me. Im hoping to pick up Samuels with Conner getting hurt, but not sure if he will even miss next week.

First round of playoff for our league next week and the RB 2 and Flex will be the hardest to figure out for me. Barkley will stay RB 1, but I will have to figure out between AP, J Howard, Crowell, and Hyde/Samuel (if I can get him). Theres a couple on the waiver wire Im looking at, ha this will probably be one of those where I pick wrong no matter what.

Cohen or Gus Edwards? Edwards has back to back 100yd games with Collins out. They play ATL who is 26th in run D. I like Cohen but he lacks touches.

Carson, Hyde, Adams, and Johnson are FA RB's as well.

Edwards for sure (IMO).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :censored2: :censored2: :censored2:

You should know better than to take my advice. lol

In my defense Edwards was the better rusher. Can't expect Cohen to get 14 targets receiving.

Dont know why they couldnt let AP run a few more times and get me that 100 yard bonus...that may have got me the 2 seed and a bye but oh well...now Im doing all sorts of work on the waivers...

Trying to get the RB from SF now that Breida is hurt this week, thats priority 1, if not him, Im going after Samuel in Pittsburgh...anyone know how Conners is for next week? Also trying to get the WR from SF Dante Pettis. He had a monster game last week and reading reports that he could get lots of targets with Garcon and Goodwin expected to miss. If I get him, who do I start between him and Sanu??

I wanna throw up a little...the person I am playing got the rb from SF. I am leaving my lineup alone with the only question being Crowell or Howard in the flex...I got Crowell in now. Need a win this week, since they got that rb, they are now a 3 point projected fav although I dont pay too much attention to projections.

I've got Conner, missed out on Samuels. Brieda is a back up, missed out on Wilson. (had one of the worst waiver priorities).

Now have to decide between Ekeler (after a horrible week last week and maybe splitting carries) or LeGarrett Blount.

Plus Mark Sanchez is now throwing to my TE.

What the hell happened to my team? lol