Since joining GolfWRX...

rich_s2

I've learned a lot and made some solid internet buds

I've learned that I thought I knew a lot about golf but some fella's here are next level

I now have about 230-300 clubs in the man cave and probably 40 driver, fwy and shaft pulls as well

Tinkering is fun, you can find unicorns .. I HAVE DONE IT. One exception .. the 7 shafts I have tried in my i500 six iron with ZERO success

(PS I do have a RIP Beta 60x ... in white .. on the way from the bay). And last week I tossed some Ozik's into rapture J spec mid irons, and I am still on the prowl for more graphite shafts for my short irons ....

Got to love the WRX, like u said so many here with next level knowledge.

No shortage of clubs/shafts etc cardoustie, keep up the good work.

Wow, your pretty persistent on the i500's good luck in your search. I'm waiting for a set of i500's [i110 steelfibers] I had delivered to my brother in Texas, hope they work well for me.

What model of Ozik's did you try in the JSpec raptures? I have some program 130's in some BC Ping Zing's.

I recently had recoil 110's installed in my JV2's, friggin awesome combination.

The 5,6,7 JV2's have been just great, the 6 iron has been the best 6 iron I have ever hit. Nothing wrong with the rest of the set either. Just like trying new things. Glad to hear someone else is singing the J spec rapture iron praises. Yours the first generation?

See sig for Oziks .. 90g pulls from failed driving irons

My rapture J's are gen1 .. I only have the 3-6

My i500 started w steelfiber 110 x ss 1x

Ssx2 in s55 is my new sweet baby J moment

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned that I thought I knew a lot about golf but some fella's here are next level

I now have about 230-300 clubs in the man cave and probably 40 driver, fwy and shaft pulls as well

Tinkering is fun, you can find unicorns .. I HAVE DONE IT. One exception .. the 7 shafts I have tried in my i500 six iron with ZERO success

(PS I do have a RIP Beta 60x ... in white .. on the way from the bay). And last week I tossed some Ozik's into rapture J spec mid irons, and I am still on the prowl for more graphite shafts for my short irons ....

Last weekend some friends dropped by and were amazed to see...

3 sets of clubs in the office

50ish golf clubs in the laundry golf club room

3 sets in the basement by the pool table

2 bags full of drivers/woods back by the furnaces (TM Bubble shafts and persimmons)

4 wedges in the master

the golf ball closet with about 1,500 new balls and 500 found balls

the golf polo closet

2 bags of clubs in the garage

1 golf shoe closet

and probably a lot of other things I'm forgetting.

I hear you. Guys think I am nuts when they see the basement .. the last guy was in shock and I reminded him he has 17 freaking cars!!

Pelz ... you seem to be on my page except w the ball depository .. out of control sir

EvnRoll ER9

I have a golf room in my basement but it's small. I used to have tons of stuff, not really anymore. Gave a lot of it away to beginners or as gifts

I don't even have backup irons right now LoL

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 bags full of drivers/woods back by the furnaces (TM Bubble shafts and persimmons)

4 wedges in the master

the golf polo closet

1 golf shoe closet

I hear you. Guys think I am nuts when they see the basement .. the last guy was in shock and I reminded him he has 17 freaking cars!!

Pelz ... you seem to be on my page except w the ball depository .. out of control sir

Yeah ever since Costco came out with golf balls it got really bad. Thankfully that doesn't happen with wine...well...as much

When i first joined,I was drawn,(out of mis-guided knowledge seeking,) to the instruction threads. Now my advice to any newbie is to remain silent in

that one for at least ten years ! Hell hath no fury like Swing Gurus Scorned !

LOL! Truth.

I used to teach professionally back in the 90’s and I won’t go near the instruction forum.

There and the rules forum. Hate the rules forum.

I've learned if I read too many posts here my eyes hurt from all the rolling.

Seriously though, 99% of you lugnuts are terrific and I'd tee it up with any of you (even though I would get out-driven by 150 yards).

Well you can come down here and tee it up anytime with me--- If I outdrive you 150 yards then you need to quit :taunt:

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

When i first joined,I was drawn,(out of mis-guided knowledge seeking,) to the instruction threads. Now my advice to any newbie is to remain silent in

LOL! Truth.

I used to teach professionally back in the 90’s and I won’t go near the instruction forum.

I am with you on that one--- I will not go near either one of those forums myself

Wow, your pretty persistent on the i500's good luck in your search. I'm waiting for a set of i500's [i110 steelfibers] I had delivered to my brother in Texas, hope they work well for me.

What model of Ozik's did you try in the JSpec raptures? I have some program 130's in some BC Ping Zing's.

The 5,6,7 JV2's have been just great, the 6 iron has been the best 6 iron I have ever hit. Nothing wrong with the rest of the set either. Just like trying new things. Glad to hear someone else is singing the J spec rapture iron praises. Yours the first generation?

So the Oziks were .370 tip hybrid shafts?

Obviously your having great success with the JS 3-6.

So your going to try Ssx2 in the i500's?

Kinda funny I was searching x-100 Ss and Ssx2 last night. I have some x-100 Ti's that I was loving last year, but getting old so it was a no go with them this year. Hate to sell them cheap so I was thinking of trying the Ssx2 on some spare heads. I keep wanting to replace the s55's I sold off to a friend who show's me every time out what a mistake that was. Ever shot I hit from my old 55's seem to just hit better than anything else I brought with me that day. Funny how that works.

Since joining WRX I have noticed guys pick very conservative golf bags....so I bought this one....I get more comments on this bag....get it....STRAIGHT! LOL!

Yeah Guiote has some wild stuff if you look at it on the bay--- And basically reasonable prices compared to other jazzy bags Actually I would game one Imagine the horrified looks of the Touron golfers with one of those snazzy bags equipped with my rusty Hogans equally rusty wedges and a rusty antique putter. Used to be I got some curious looks from Tourons checking out my old Titleist Mini Staff I guess expecting to find pristine AP-1s or 2s only to see old lead taped Macgregors. Now days I am not on the radar so to speak I use an old original faded blue Hoofer

I have been here since 2007. Seen it all, read it all, heard it all. I always try to have fun, but I have taken long sabbaticals from WRX, specially when smart asses show up thinking they know it all, lol....

I'm with you. People who think they know everything annoys the hell out of us that do. :)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

Since joining WRX I have noticed guys pick very conservative golf bags....so I bought this one....I get more comments on this bag....get it....STRAIGHT! LOL!

Straight is good, but I'd probably opt for "FLUSH!"

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

My last name is CARD .. that bag is MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!

EvnRoll ER9

Kinda funny I was searching x-100 Ss and Ssx2 last night. I have some x-100 Ti's that I was loving last year, but getting old so it was a no go with them this year. Hate to sell them cheap so I was thinking of trying the Ssx2 on some spare heads. I keep wanting to replace the s55's I sold off to a friend who show's me every time out what a mistake that was. Ever shot I hit from my old 55's seem to just hit better than anything else I brought with me that day. Funny how that works.

I used to love the rapture J three and 4 irons .. until I met Callaway Apex hybrids .. no comparison

i110 SF's ... SS x 2 into my s55's. I only have the i500 six iron, not the set. Bought as a tester and glad I did. Feel and performance not there for me compared to my s55's

I think my next project is my PX LZ 6.0's into my Bridgestone blades. The shafts have iomics on them already and I have some cool ferrules that need to be working and not peacocking

FWIW - the j15 mb's have the old satin PX 6.5's in them and I'm not in love with the feel (even though they look wicked)

EvnRoll ER9

I used to love the rapture J three and 4 irons .. until I met Callaway Apex hybrids .. no comparison

i110 SF's ... SS x 2 into my s55's. I only have the i500 six iron, not the set. Bought as a tester and glad I did. Feel and performance not there for me compared to my s55's

I think my next project is my PX LZ 6.0's into my Bridgestone blades. The shafts have iomics on them already and I have some cool ferrules that need to be working and not peacocking

FWIW - the j15 mb's have the old satin PX 6.5's in them and I'm not in love with the feel (even though they look wicked)

I used to have the 3 & 4 reg V2 irons, I didn't get along with those. I have tried the Apex hybrid at Golf town when they first came out, I thought they were pretty good, just never bought any. Might have to reacquaint myself with them. Thx for the reminder.

The S55's with the SF 110's would be pretty sweet, thinking I'm going to need some. I may have jumped the gun on the i500's, seems like alot of guy's getting rid of there's. Was thinking a V2/S55 combo set might be fun to try out. I have an old 55 chev truck so I'm very fond of anything 55. I turned 55 this year, so that means I will need a set for sure. lol, impressive that ole Bubba has played them for numerous years.

Let us know how the pretty Stones go with the LX 6.0's. I have a spare set of the LX 6.0's, got some MP 60 and Z101 heads looking for some shafts, might have to have a go myself. I had some MP-15's with the PX 6.5's a few years ago, I hit those so straight but like a fool sold em. My old set of 55's my friend has now were upgraded by him to the PX 6.5's. I kinda wish he would sell em back to me, thinking the 6.5's would be too stout for me these days though, but For some reason I hit those very well, not sure how and why though. SFiber's are the way to go, glad yours are working well.

LOL! Truth.

You're not allowed to use all CAPS to ensure you don't frighten folks. LOL!

I have learned how to build my own clubs, which comes in handy when you have to try out all those new shafts. I learned how to Caswell a putter and almost kill myself with the fumes. I have learned how to use a toothpick to redo paint fill. Basically learned a new hobby and built a shop to tinker. Best of all I have met several good guys and had conversations with others willing to offer help. Oh and a lighter bank account.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

4 wedges in the master

the golf polo closet

1 golf shoe closet

I'm clearly a 30 handicap at club accumulation! Wow!

Since joining golfwrx I've discovered new ways to spend money on golf and my handicap has remained the same and I need more room to store all those new clubs and when I get an email advertising a new training aid I get excited and then I remember that I've already bought it and it's in storage with the rest of the other clubs and golf things I don't use.

Oh, and the bag at the club and my practice/travel bag has to be exactly the same, cause, why would you play with anything else?

And I'm a hoarder.

I need an intervention, or a bigger house.

I've learned that if you really want to piss people off, mention that you think divots should be GUR! Perfectly reasonable folks who would gladly get rid of the OB rules, eliminate 14 club max rules, and always take free relief from cart paths have conniption fits about the definition of a divot. Really this is a pretty entertaining place, but it is a shame when you get to page 4 of a thread and it's all knock down drag out, the helpful stuff just gets lost.

I'm also very impressed with the folks who consistently give out very valuable information. Both on play and equipment. That's what it's all about right?

I have been here since 2007. Seen it all, read it all, heard it all. I always try to have fun, but I have taken long sabbaticals from WRX, specially when smart asses show up thinking they know it all, lol....

I'm with you. People who think they know everything annoys the hell out of us that do. :)

Lol...I don't know s***, lol...

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I've learned that if you really want to piss people off, mention that you think divots should be GUR! Perfectly reasonable folks who would gladly get rid of the OB rules, eliminate 14 club max rules, and always take free relief from cart paths have conniption fits about the definition of a divot. Really this is a pretty entertaining place, but it is a shame when you get to page 4 of a thread and it's all knock down drag out, the helpful stuff just gets lost.

I'm also very impressed with the folks who consistently give out very valuable information. Both on play and equipment. That's what it's all about right?

My Millennial friends are pushing for a drop two football fields closer to the hole from a hazard...and an extra 3 minutes to text their cart buddy golfer that they are about ready to hit.

My Millennial friends are pushing for a drop two football fields closer to the hole from a hazard...and an extra 3 minutes to text their cart buddy golfer that they are about ready to hit.

haha. Case in point...