Monte Scheinblum clinic

copperjeff

I personally think the best part of the clinic is watching some trash talker completely embaress himself in front of the group when he tries to hit a shot in front of everyone.

��

How about the guy who argues with Monte and thinks he knows more? Not only is that person a buzz kill but usually they also suck.

That is always hilarious for more than 1 reason.

To answer Fore's question....Last year it was all at the front of the range....the year prior we split between front and back...it just depends on the facility and what's going on.

Jeff is right on his comments....a lot of people do exactly what Monte says not to do...work on it and a week later say it doesn't work and give up....you have to stick with it and give your body time to adjust. Thinking you can change anything swing wise in a few weeks is ridiculous. It takes pros months of hitting 1,000s of balls to make a change....working on it for an hour or two per week will take a long time but the change will happen.

The guy in my clinic actually had the stones to tell Monte he was flipping during the short game chipping/pitching lesson (use the bounce method). Proceeds to go show Monte how to do a proper chip; plays the ball way back in stance, stabs at the ball and takes monster sized divot for a 15 yard chip and run. Good timesssssss.

Oh and he was a GREAT bunker player, too lol

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think the best part of the clinic is watching some trash talker completely embaress himself in front of the group when he tries to hit a shot in front of everyone.

��

How about the guy who argues with Monte and thinks he knows more? Not only is that person a buzz kill but usually they also suck.

To answer Fore's question....Last year it was all at the front of the range....the year prior we split between front and back...it just depends on the facility and what's going on.

Jeff is right on his comments....a lot of people do exactly what Monte says not to do...work on it and a week later say it doesn't work and give up....you have to stick with it and give your body time to adjust. Thinking you can change anything swing wise in a few weeks is ridiculous. It takes pros months of hitting 1,000s of balls to make a change....working on it for an hour or two per week will take a long time but the change will happen.

The guy in my clinic actually had the stones to tell Monte he was flipping during the short game chipping/pitching lesson (use the bounce method). Proceeds to go show Monte how to do a proper chip; plays the ball way back in stance, stabs at the ball and takes monster sized divot for a 15 yard chip and run. Good timesssssss.

That is freakin' awesome......I wish I could have seen it!

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

��

That is freakin' awesome......I wish I could have seen it!

I was dying. Then we get in the bunker and Monte goes, "okay who thinks they are a good bunker player??"

Guess who raises their hand??

Does his usually stab and chunk out with monster divot, looks horrible but gets it out. Monte rolls his eyes and goes, oh okay great... next.

OMG !!! Was that in NJ ? We had a guy in our group that challenged Monte on everything. It was UNBELIEVABLE. Literally told Monte..."This is the way I do it" on every teaching point. He had a scowl on his face the whole clinic. I still have no idea WTF the guy was doing there. :cheesy:

Yeeeeeeeeeep. I was talking with some guys (maybe with you even) how it was utterly pointless to show up to a clinic to get taught by a PROFESSIONAL when you are an amateur, and fight with him on all the things he's teaching to you. It's one thing to try it for a while and maybe it's not the best way for you... but to sit there and actually argue with the guy?? Cmon.

OMG !!! Was that in NJ ? We had a guy in our group that challenged Monte on everything. It was UNBELIEVABLE. Literally told Monte..."This is the way I do it" on every teaching point. He had a scowl on his face the whole clinic. I still have no idea WTF the guy was doing there. :cheesy:

Yeeeeeeeeeep. I was talking with some guys (maybe with you even) how it was utterly pointless to show up to a clinic to get taught by a PROFESSIONAL when you are an amateur, and fight with him on all the things he's teaching to you. It's one thing to try it for a while and maybe it's not the best way for you... but to sit there and actually argue with the guy?? Cmon.

Hilarious !!! The dude just got angry that Monte's techniques didn't fit his. It was "twilight-zone" worthy. Why this guy spent his time and money and have ZERO interest in learning was mind-blowing. Congrats to Monte for not losing his cool. :cheesy:

Yeah, what a nut. Not only did he question Monte and tell him what he taught wasn't right, but then he isolated himself during lunch or would space out and not even pay attention to the various "talks". I was surprised to see the guy show up Monday. Wonder what he shot?

I just hope he didn't take up a spot for somebody who was actually open to and willing to learn. That would be a real shame.

Alright! I put my deposit down for the clinic. Hopefully my buddy is able to join me as well but if he doesn’t get in quick then that’s on him. Super excited to actually get to meet Monte, he’s helped my game out so much by his videos.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

To guys who've been to more than one clinic: Did you find your 2nd/subsequent clinics as beneficial as the first?

Absolutely. Made me wake up and realize "Hey, knucklehead, that primary flaw Monte diagnosed last year that you totally thought you had fixed? You're still doing it." [*]

Also, he tends to revise and refine his methods, and a couple of his new approaches and points of emphasis in the short game really clicked for me the second time.

[*] May or may not be a direct quote from Monte. YMMV.

So how many here are going to the clinic? And are you all doing 2 or 3 day clinics?

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I’m going. Not sure yet on Monday though

To guys who've been to more than one clinic: Did you find your 2nd/subsequent clinics as beneficial as the first?

Absolutely. Made me wake up and realize "Hey, knucklehead, that primary flaw Monte diagnosed last year that you totally thought you had fixed? You're still doing it." [*]

Also, he tends to revise and refine his methods, and a couple of his new approaches and points of emphasis in the short game really clicked for me the second time.

[*] May or may not be a direct quote from Monte. YMMV.

Haha yeah that's what I figure.

It's almost like going to a yearly check up with the Doc. He tells you to do XYZ , which you start to do... but maybe you fall off the wagon a bit, or by doing XYZ it's now exposed ABC, which now you must keep doing XYZ while addressing that new thing ABC.

• 1 month later...

With the Monte clinic right around the corner (beyond excited) what is the daily schedule like? What time do things kick off every day and what time are we usually done?

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Phoenix is sold out, I'm on the wait list, but might just do an hour lesson.

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

With the Monte clinic right around the corner (beyond excited) what is the daily schedule like? What time do things kick off every day and what time are we usually done?

https://rebelliongolf.com/clinics/

https://rebelliongolf.com/howmyclinicswork/

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

https://rebelliongolf.com/clinics/

https://rebelliongolf.com/howmyclinicswork/

Perfect thanks!!

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you that have taken a previous clinic with Monte at the Legacy, is the round of golf on day 3 included in the price? Or is there an additional green fee?

The costs are listed on his site https://rebelliongolf.com/events/phoenix-az/

It's definitely worth going to the on-course lesson at least once. I was going to go this year but I just started a new job and that is my first day...guess i should have thought about that lol.

It's definitely worth going to the on-course lesson at least once. I was going to go this year but I just started a new job and that is my first day...guess i should have thought about that lol.

Golf with Monte>>>first day of new job

PRIORITIES!!! :stop:

lol....agreed but thanks to the new job a course membership is in my near future as well so I can't be too greedy lol ;)

NOICE!

As for me, I'm not sure I'll be able to afford Monte's clinic this year. We'll see. If I can get into the single digit HC by end of April, I'll see if he still has slots open and I'll treat myself. That's also contingent on me not buying ANY new clubs at all and well.... I've been saying that every year since forever, so...unlikely. Although I am very happy with my bag for the most part so who knows, anything can happen.

lol....agreed but thanks to the new job a course membership is in my near future as well so I can't be too greedy lol ;)

So will you be there for the first two days at least?

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I'll be at the clinic for at least the first 2 days. I've had a half day clinic with Monte several years ago, plus a few private lessons. Looking forward to meeting some of you WRXers.

So will you be there for the first two days at least?

Absolutely.....I wouldn't skip a clinic unless it was an emergency...even then it's iffy if i would skip lol

Looking at the 10 day weather report. Supposed to be rain Saturday morning but hopefully that garbage moves on before the clinic. Has anyone had rain at all during the clinic?

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I wouldn't worry just yet....especially with rain forecasts more than a few days out...they have a tendency to change quite a bit.

Might be a tad chilly this weekend gents. Dress warm. Wouldn't mind another 10 degrees warmer.

Might be a tad chilly this weekend gents. Dress warm. Wouldn't mind another 10 degrees warmer.

I was just looking at that. So long as it’s just cool and not windy or rainy, I’m good to go. This damn fickle “winter” weather lol.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I was hoping for weather in the 60s... If its too cold Monte will make us all do jumping jacks or something crazy. lets hope it doesn’t get to that point.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Are meals provided during the clinic or should I factor in some lunch for it?

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS