Dog Breed

longball

I have a Golden Doodle and she is awesome! However, there is a misnomer that Golden Doodles don't shed. Their fur sheds just like any other dog, but the loose hairs stay within their coat and you need to brush them regularly.

I am a believer that it doesn't matter what breed you get, they dog will develop how you raise them. Pitbulls, Rottreilers, and Dobermans can be as sweet and cuddly as any dog. On the other hand sweet looking Mortie can be an aggressive a*%hole.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden Retriever any day that ends with a "y"!!!

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I have a Golden Doodle and she is awesome! However, there is a misnomer that Golden Doodles don't shed. Their fur sheds just like any other dog, but the loose hairs stay within their coat and you need to brush them regularly.

I am a believer that it doesn't matter what breed you get, they dog will develop how you raise them. Pitbulls, Rottreilers, and Dobermans can be as sweet and cuddly as any dog. On the other hand sweet looking Mortie can be an aggressive a*%hole.

And the difference all comes down to training, direction, and discipline. A lot of dog owners don't realize that dogs crave direction and discipline. They love learning commands. They feel secure knowing their place in the hierarchy. Owners who don't do this think they are being kind by 'letting the dog do whatever it wants', but the exact opposite is the reality. They are doing a disservice to their dog, and the dog usually ends up being anxious, obnoxious, and won't listen to anything. Just like kids.

I've had experience with 3 breeds and small children.

German Shepherd

Husky

Great Pyrenees

All 3 very affectionate to small kids and very protective. I will say also that the shepherd and the husky were males. And The Pyrenees is a female. I prefer females as they are easier to train ( smarter ) and harder to distract. Plus the mother instinct is s plus with kids.

Each of these 3 would lay with , and or let the kids crawl all over them without a care.

The German Shepherd would even take my nephew in the yard and if he walked toward the road ( 75 yards away ) he would nudge him down. As in wouldn't let him walk toward the road. The husky was maybe least instinctive as far as herding or motherly. But he was so good that he even stopped his usual once a day howling episode because it would wake the baby. He did this on his own. Once the baby was older and didn't sleep during the day he resumed his howling habit. Lol.

The Pyrenees is not full grown Herself. But she is so gentle and calm. And has become fast friends with our 10 year old. She's 7 months and 65 lbs now. Should get to around 100. Our first go round with this breed. But we absolutely love her. Zero aggression in her. But they have this sense of family that's hard to explain. Wen outside playing. She usually finds a good vantage spot and sits and you can watch her scan the area. Twice I've seen her stand and point and roll back her gums ( show teeth) when she heard a coyote way off in the distance. ( we live on a 40 acre farm , so we have all kinds of predators ). So I know she would be protective if need be.

all that being said here are a few cautionary points for the breeds.

Husky-

Very hyper breed. They need something to do , and room outside . They are super particular about what type house they will go in. ours refused to go into his huge Igloo doghouse , so i built a leanto shed over it... 2 years in he finally sleeps in the actual house. ( read online this isnt isolated to our husky)...they also shed more than any dog ive ever had. and are very vocal.. Overall sweet , but much less natural intelligence. But they are super easy to train to behave . As in they want to be told what to do. which makes sense considering their use as sled dogs originally . oddly enough though if a husky gets out they have very poor to no sense of direction for home... My boy got loose once and we found him a mile away running back and forth in the middle of the road trying to smell which way to go ..when he heard my voice he ran straight to me ..he was lost .

German shepherd- You have to be very careful about where you get one . This breed has alot of breeders ruining bloodlines with inbreeding etc. Ive had 11 Sheperds in my life and 4 were amazing dogs.. the rest just too dumb for words. I loved them and we cared for them until their times came , ( large fence outside they roamed) But they had no sense . Its hard to explain , but it was just like the porch light was on but nobody was home. lol And then there was my Zeus.... he was a 115lb pure white male that i simply adored. he went to work with me every day for 10 years and was a smart as could be . never once on a leash . He simply would do exactly as i said. He lived to please me ...which sounds arrogant in a way , But we didnt raise him to do that . I fact i rescued him at 10 months old, so he was near grown by then . he just took it upon himself to do so. which brings me to my next breed and point-

Great Pyrenees -

This Breed does NOT have the want to please you ... They are bread to be self sufficient in the field with the flocks they guard . They do NOT respond to a heavy hand ( i tried lol then i read and found out the truth ) You have to earn their respect and be patient. For this reason they are harder to house train . But if you are diligent with a going out schedule you can get it down in the same amount of time ( i did ) .. But you literally have to take her out about every 30-40min for the 1st 2months.... and crate train is a must ..not as punishment but as a safe space that the pup will not want to potty in. When teaching commands with this breed you cannot use repetitive commands.. as in dont say "sit sit sit" multiple times in a row.... They literally are annoyed by this . You give the command and wait... sometimes 30 second for them to decide on their own .. if they dont comply then repeat , once. and dont train with food. its about them learning their job, not learning how to get treats. Im over the hump with our girl now .. She knows sit, down, stay ,come , hunt, listen , potty ( she will pee on command lol) , and most importantly she knows NO....that is the all stop command... she will stop and sit and wait for whats next. This came about because of her penchant to chew.....everything... she heard so many stern NOs , that she will just stop what shes doing and be still. That and because i always follow up a hard NO with some love.. talk to her like a person and she will respect you .

bottom line their are many great breeds but you have to take them on with the thought of "another child" . they have to be trained and cared for just like a kid to get to adult level and usefulness that you want .. Otherwise you just have a large thing to feed that is a burden . most 'bad dogs" are products of bad owners. same for good dogs .

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I would recommend finding a multi breed dog rescue in your area and getting exposure to a variety of breeds.

I would second this. My Catahoula is a shelter dog, and a mongrel breed by nature. I wouldn't suggest picking solely by breed or paying big bucks for a puppy. Individual temperament is everything.

absolutely agree here..... The best , smartest dog i ever met belonged to my wifes best friend...she was a mix of god knows what . Looked like a brendel colored short haired cross between a grey hound and a chihuahua ...lol absolutely smartest dog i ever heard of. She had around a 75 word vocabulary , could point at pictures in a book as you said the corresponding word at random etc... covered herself up with a blanket at night in a small bed beside her person , and when her person got married she quickly took to her new dad and within a week was a pointer and retriever for him to bird hunt with . It was literally amazing.. she was rescued 3 days before her kill date at a shelter thats now a no kill. That poor girl died of cancer at 17 3weeks ago .... It upsets me even now typing this .. and she wasnt my dog and i didnt see her everyday . She was that special . Its as if she lived everyday to repay her mom for rescuing her. No other way to describe it . Rescue is always my first thought .

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• 2 months later...

I'm glad I read this thread. We have two labs, and they are just awesome (we also have two small children, 6 and 4 year old girls). Our dogs are the best dogs ever, they tolerate all kinds of "dressing up" and hanging around their necks, etc. However, they are 12 and 11 years old and we can tell they aren't going to be with us much longer.

My wife has thrown down an ultimatum though, no shedding dogs anymore. She loves our dogs as much as I do, but the shedding drives her nuts and I guess I can't blame her.

I have an ultimatum that I don't want a goldendoodle, yorkiepoodle, or any other type of designer dog. However, I've never thought about a Boxer before and that sounds great. I'm going to look into Boxer rescues around us.

I said a similar thing about “Doodles” but as usual my wife won and we own a Goldendoodle. Hands down, the best dog I’ve ever owned. Smart, loving, low-maintenance, great temperament. Not sure I will ever get any other breed. If you can get past the designer dog stigma they rally are great dogs.

We just adopted a 1 year old Miniature Australian Shepherd and she's one of the sweetest dogs i've ever been around.

Her family mistreated her badly and wouldn't let her inside (in the cold cold northwest) and she is so thankful for everything we do for her now. It's a great feeling and she adores our kids so much.

At the end of the day, size is very important to consider. Labradors, German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, etc. are phenomenal dogs, but if you have young kids they're going to take a whack in the face with a tail, and get knocked down when the dog has to turn in a tight space. Just something for consideration as these dogs need space to play and can be clumsy as they mature. Everyone loves a cute puppy, but when the adult dog is 80-100 lbs, they end up getting left outside to "exist" for 10 years till they pass.

I'd never recommend a pitbull to anyone. I can think of no worse animal to introduce into your home.

We just adopted a 1 year old Miniature Australian Shepherd and she's one of the sweetest dogs i've ever been around.

Her family mistreated her badly and wouldn't let her inside (in the cold cold northwest) and she is so thankful for everything we do for her now. It's a great feeling and she adores our kids so much.

At the end of the day, size is very important to consider. Labradors, German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, etc. are phenomenal dogs, but if you have young kids they're going to take a whack in the face with a tail, and get knocked down when the dog has to turn in a tight space. Just something for consideration as these dogs need space to play and can be clumsy as they mature. Everyone loves a cute puppy, but when the adult dog is 80-100 lbs, they end up getting left outside to "exist" for 10 years till they pass.

I'd never recommend a pitbull to anyone. I can think of no worse animal to introduce into your home.

I'd fully disagree with the "never recommending" a breed of dog to anyone. I am a firm believer of any dog being a great or terrible dog, 100% based on how it is raised. I know people that have small dogs that are terrors and bite and everything bad, and people with GSD (like myself), Belgium Malinois (my brother) or pitbulls that are the sweetest dogs on the planet. My GSD is terrified of my 5 and 3 year old nephews (not terrified I guess, but would prefer to not be around them), but she's the sweetest with them. Gently takes treats from them, lets them pet her, etc.

While pitbulls and GSD (and any large dog) can be daunting to someone not prepared for them or has smaller kids and expect the dog to not accidentally knock them over, but to lump a breed together like that I think is silly.

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

English Setter update - 18 mos. old in 3 days - this is yesterday!

Good day for Thanksgiving dog pics!

Damn, nice hold on that bird. I certainly miss walking the milo fields in central Kansas looking for those colorful bastards. Hell of a photo!

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

I haven't seen anything on this site that I disagree with more than this statement about pitbulls. They are the sweetest most loving dogs that I have ever dealt with and would do absolutely anything to please their people. I have a pit mix and fostered one for several months and plan on having them again in the future. I also have an 18 month old son and would have no issues whatsoever with him being around them. There's a reason they are nicknamed the nanny dog and in my experience they 100% live up to that name.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

I have seen anything on this site that I disagree with more than this statement about pitbulls. They are the sweetest most loving dogs that I have ever dealt with and would do absolutely anything to please their people. I have a pit mix and fostered one for several months and plan on having them again in the future. I also have an 18 month old son and would have no issues whatsoever with him being around them. There's a reason they are nicknamed the nanny dog and in my experience they 100% live up to that name.

I think one of the big factors in this misconception is the fact that they get raised by less than ideal owners who get them because they think they're "badass." Often times, I think they get mistreated or raised to be mean/aggressive (which any dog can be with the right upbringing). At least 50%+ of the dogs available for adoption here are pit mixes of some sort.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I have seen anything on this site that I disagree with more than this statement about pitbulls. They are the sweetest most loving dogs that I have ever dealt with and would do absolutely anything to please their people. I have a pit mix and fostered one for several months and plan on having them again in the future. I also have an 18 month old son and would have no issues whatsoever with him being around them. There's a reason they are nicknamed the nanny dog and in my experience they 100% live up to that name.

I think one of the big factors in this misconception is the fact that they get raised by less than ideal owners who get them because they think they're "badass." Often times, I think they get mistreated or raised to be mean/aggressive (which any dog can be with the right upbringing). At least 50%+ of the dogs available for adoption here are pit mixes of some sort.

This is very true and I wish more people would look past these ideas they have as to what the breed is before making blanket judgements about all of them as a whole. Shelters in my area are the same way with Pitbulls, Staffordshire Terriers, American Bulldogs being the majority breed available and all get lumped together under the 'pitbull' breed.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

This is very true and I wish more people would look past these ideas they have as to what the breed is before making blanket judgements about all of them as a whole. Shelters in my area are the same way with Pitbulls, Staffordshire Terriers, American Bulldogs being the majority breed available and all get lumped together under the 'pitbull' breed.

I feel for the dogs. But, at the same point, having small children at home, I cannot risk having a rescue dog with unknown upbringing around them. Especially a large breed. Not that a small breed isn't any less likely to be mean and aggressive. They just can't do as much damage. That keeps me a little gun shy on a large breed dog. A pit puppy would be fine if we had the space to keep it active.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I feel for the dogs. But, at the same point, having small children at home, I cannot risk having a rescue dog with unknown upbringing around them. Especially a large breed. Not that a small breed isn't any less likely to be mean and aggressive. They just can't do as much damage. That keeps me a little gun shy on a large breed dog. A pit puppy would be fine if we had the space to keep it active.

I can totally appreciate that for sure. I'm a little spoiled as my GSD is the most gentle animal I've ever been around and she had a horrible up bringing, but she's curled up beside me while I work this afternoon on one of her 5 beds spread throughout our 1,700sf house, so I feel I've made humanity's restitution to her.

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

I haven't seen anything on this site that I disagree with more than this statement about pitbulls. They are the sweetest most loving dogs that I have ever dealt with and would do absolutely anything to please their people. I have a pit mix and fostered one for several months and plan on having them again in the future. I also have an 18 month old son and would have no issues whatsoever with him being around them. There's a reason they are nicknamed the nanny dog and in my experience they 100% live up to that name.

I don't want to be argumentative, but pitbulls are a more dangerous breed naturally than others. It's great if you found yourself a sweet loving one.

Even PETA and the ASPCA have recommended breed specific sterilization of pitbulls.

Lots of dogs are mistreated/abused, but not many others respond with the violence and aggression of a pitbull.

Pitbulls make up 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths. That's not by coincidence, or having too many raised the wrong way.

Herding dogs herd, retrieving dogs retrieve, and pitbulls have a DNA composition that leads to a very strong prey drive and aggressive behavior.

Taken from their website: Even the ASPCA acknowledges that pit bulls are genetically different than other dogs. “Pit bulls have been bred to behave differently during a fight”. “They may not give warning before becoming aggressive, and they’re less likely to back down when clashing with an opponent."

To each their own, I would never even consider introducing one into my home. Rottweiler yes, Doberman yes, German Shepherd yes already owned one. No way jose to a pitbull.

My Rottweiler will turn 12 years old in a couple of months. He's great with kids. He's great with everybody really. I'm a firm believer that it's the owner not the breed. The important thing is not to get a dog unless you're really committed to putting the time, energy, and money into talking great care of them. They pay you back in spades, but it's not for everyone. Seems I've seen a lot of feelers lately for folks trying to "re-home" their dog. As far as shelter dogs versus full breed... you could debate it for years. It's certainly a huge act of kindness to save a dog, but we've been using selective breeding for thousands of years to encourage certain traits many of which you might want in a pet. Best of luck in finding a new member of the family!

I would have to agree with the other two that said English bulldog we have an English bulldog puppy and honestly he is amazing and so loving. And I know people say that it's how they are raised and what not but I think you would be hard pressed to find an English bulldog that isn't insanely friendly. Plus they are the cutest puppies

I have to agree about the owners making the dog. I took care of a chihuahua for a couple of years earlier in the decade and now she returned to me possibly for good to spend her time in a more peaceful environment. The problem with her, like with many other chihuahuas is they're not brought up properly. They're too often bought to be fashion accessories or toys for the kids when in fact they can be some of the most hard-headed breeds out there needing proper training, socializing as a puppy etc.

The failure in training leads to small, egoistic, scared, anxious, barking, biting piranhas. She isn't the worst case but certainly plays into the stereotype, especially when she encounters people for the first time while being on a leash. I've seen plenty of the most wonderful, well brought up, chihuahuas over the years. It's a wonderful breed but too often bought by the wrong people. Don't even get me started on carrying them in a bag everywhere and clothing them unless they really need it when the temperatures really require it (for her it's around -5-10ºC)

vZs491B.jpg

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

We have two dogs. This is Odín he is a German Doodle. He is the sweetest dog I have ever seen but is very protective of his family (even the cat). He has loved my daughter since the day we brought her home from the hospital. He will try to herd my son when he is running around the back yard. Great dog. High energy when he was younger but always great with kids.

I am a proponent of adopting over buying - for a few reasons. I agree that goldens are fantastic with kids, typically. I recently rescued my second aussie cattle dog. I love this breed but they can be a bit of a handful. I describe my new one as "very cattle dog" - not for everybody. Beautiful dog.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had dogs raised from puppies most of my life and now my last 3 have been rescues. I was extremely close with all of them, but I have to say in my experience the bond is just different with my shelter dogs. Mine all seemed/seem to have a sense of appreciation that I have never seen from any dog raised from a puppy. I have such a soft spot for rescues now that I will always rescue.

The one in my picture was my first- he had pellets in him from being shot by a pellet gun, and was super nervous. He was very close to being euthanized, but my wife and I took him and quickly developed an unbelievable bond. He was just an amazing, gentle soul. He went everywhere with me and was my best friend. He even sat in on my performance review my first year of teaching. We only had him 3.5 years until he was around 5 when he was diagnosed with a very rare terminal cancer. I never knew I could cry until those last few months with him, and didn't think I would get another dog for a long time. That was the most difficult experience of my life.

However, I saw a lost dog online unintentionally just 4 months later and knew I had to help get him a place. As it turned out, that place was my place and we rescued him a friend as well. Now we have two unbelievable dogs (Hound mix and German Shorthair? mix) that both had tough beginnings to their lives. It baffles me how quickly and deeply they bonded with us. I could go on for days about how amazing they all have been! The bond with a shelter dog is like none other in my experience.

I have had dogs raised from puppies most of my life and now my last 3 have been rescues. I was extremely close with all of them, but I have to say in my experience the bond is just different with my shelter dogs. Mine all seemed/seem to have a sense of appreciation that I have never seen from any dog raised from a puppy. I have such a soft spot for rescues now that I will always rescue.

The one in my picture was my first- he had pellets in him from being shot by a pellet gun, and was super nervous. He was very close to being euthanized, but my wife and I took him and quickly developed an unbelievable bond. He was just an amazing, gentle soul. He went everywhere with me and was my best friend. He even sat in on my performance review my first year of teaching. We only had him 3.5 years until he was around 5 when he was diagnosed with a very rare terminal cancer. I never knew I could cry until those last few months with him, and didn't think I would get another dog for a long time. That was the most difficult experience of my life.

However, I saw a lost dog online unintentionally just 4 months later and knew I had to help get him a place. As it turned out, that place was my place and we rescued him a friend as well. Now we have two unbelievable dogs (Hound mix and German Shorthair? mix) that both had tough beginnings to their lives. It baffles me how quickly and deeply they bonded with us. I could go on for days about how amazing they all have been! The bond with a shelter dog is like none other in my experience.

Couldn't agree more. Rescues just seem to know they were in fact, rescued. My GSD is just the sweetest dog, and my brother's 2 dogs are just tied to his hip they love him so much. They're incredible animals.

I don't want to be argumentative, but pitbulls are a more dangerous breed naturally than others. It's great if you found yourself a sweet loving one.

Even PETA and the ASPCA have recommended breed specific sterilization of pitbulls.

Lots of dogs are mistreated/abused, but not many others respond with the violence and aggression of a pitbull.

Pitbulls make up 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths. That's not by coincidence, or having too many raised the wrong way.

Herding dogs herd, retrieving dogs retrieve, and pitbulls have a DNA composition that leads to a very strong prey drive and aggressive behavior.

Taken from their website: Even the ASPCA acknowledges that pit bulls are genetically different than other dogs. “Pit bulls have been bred to behave differently during a fight”. “They may not give warning before becoming aggressive, and they’re less likely to back down when clashing with an opponent."

To each their own, I would never even consider introducing one into my home. Rottweiler yes, Doberman yes, German Shepherd yes already owned one. No way jose to a pitbull.

Please inform yourself better. Never trust PETA on anything. They are pretty much a 100% kill on all animals turned into them and think an animal is better dead than living with a person. Also you statement from the ASPCA is no where to be found and there is no statement stating they should be sterilized. Finally historically Pitbulls have been great as nanny dogs. A dog is only as well behaved as its training. I own a pitbull mix and have interacted with multiple pitbulls and mixes. I have never had an issue when the owner has done have decent training an understands their dog. I have had my dogs attacked by multiple other breeds because their training was bad or the owner did not read the situation at all.

Sources

PETA- https://www.theatlan...animals/254130/

ASPCA- https://www.aspca.or...ement-pit-bulls

Pitbull info- https://www.adoptape...ur-babysitters/

This is my 11 year old Australian Kelpie. She's great with kids and loves golf too.

She has great taste in books!

Sorry if I've posted before but the book inspired me. Here's my childhood beagle pal Gus - when I was 12 my birthday present, lol, was that I was allowed to buy a puppy with my paper route/yard mowing money (my mom had to drive me to Des Moines to get him).

Gus is learning the meaning of all the commands he would never be bothered to obey (apparently fun for him to know what he was ignoring)!

I've had three other great dogs, but he will always be closest to my heart, sorry, that's just the way it is.