Best CC Amenities

For those of you with CC memberships, or if you have some CC experience, just wondering about your favorite amenities...doesn't have to be gold-plated toilet seats or the like - more curious about the little things that make the experience more enjoyable. E.g. club-wide technology that makes tee times/golf games easy to setup and track or tournament styles that are unique, etc. Could be service-related; how members are taken care of, etc.

Always looking for ideas to pitch to ours to not only increase our member satisfaction, but also create memorable experiences for guests/visitors. Any and all experiences welcomed.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

air conditioned bathrooms EVERYWHERE.

expansive practice facilities for short game and putting.

attentive staff that remembers your name.

general facility care and cleanliness.

award winning chef for foodservices.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

For those of you with CC memberships, or if you have some CC experience, just wondering about your favorite amenities...doesn't have to be gold-plated toilet seats or the like - more curious about the little things that make the experience more enjoyable. E.g. club-wide technology that makes tee times/golf games easy to setup and track or tournament styles that are unique, etc. Could be service-related; how members are taken care of, etc.

Always looking for ideas to pitch to ours to not only increase our member satisfaction, but also create memorable experiences for guests/visitors. Any and all experiences welcomed.

^

ForeTees reservation system. Dunno how we ever went without it.

Outside golf staff knew I hated getting stuck behind slow people or groups larger than a twosome when I was trying to walk a quick twilight round after work, they would tell me who teed off recently and would offer to drive me out ahead to a different starting hole to get ahead of certain people who had no chance of finishing before dark.

When I was new to the club, a couple of very outgoing staff members would make an extra effort to introduce me to other members. Like random golf members sitting at other tables in the bar, etc. Was very much appreciated as I don't have an outgoing personality to break the ice myself.

No rules or restrictions on walking anytime. You want to take a riding cart? Go ahead. Want to carry your bag? Have at it. Want to use a push cart? Use one of the club's for free, or bring your own.

One CC I played as a guest several years ago had a really great little sandwich house out on the back 9. You could make/order whatever you wanted in the way of bread and cold cuts, load it up with stuff, various sides, cold drinks. I've been fortunate to play some of the top clubs in the area, and they all have what you would expect -- great restaurants, nice ranges, enviable locker rooms, gyms, etc. But this little lunch shack tucked away in the shade was, in my experience, the only one of its kind.

Having played at relatively few, but a good cross-section from old struggling Ross clubs to very high-end Fazio layouts, my opinion that the best amenity a club can have is either a capped membership of 300 extremely wealthy and very busy members, or a capped membership of 300 solid single digit players who are reasonably busy and a billionaire owner that doesn't play golf but subsidizes the cr@p out of the place because his kids live there. In either case, you should then have the amenities of a grounds staff of 150 that preps the course for play every single day before the sun rises. The greens are cut. The bunkers are prep'd. The course is in proper condition for play.

After you have finished, the food is absolutely top notch, especially at the club events like the member/member or member/guest tournaments.

If you have those two amenities, all the other amenities (a fabulously stocked wine and craft beer selection, a superlative practice facility that has a Trackman available for use, etc) are likely to be found as well. Now maybe these aren't amenities per se, so in that case I'll go with the full-time masseuse.

Cart girls that come to the bar after your round & their shift and drink with you.

I miss my youthful single life, sometimes.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

I'm a public golfer but have been fortunate to be a somewhat regular guest as a few clubs and have had this conversations with the members who have hosted me.

I'm chiming in because to me these are the things that make me go "wow" that may be considered standard practice for many long-time club members and are the things that make a club experience greater than just a nicely maintained course with accessible tee times

Some of the things are not easily attainable - one had two locations to play out of or 27 holes to vary, large practice areas, etc. The little niceties that I appreciated the most and seem easily executed are below. Some may be givens/already in place, hopefully there are a few ideas though.

- Staff recognizing and greeting members by name and knowing preferences, whether it is a usual lunch order, practice & play habits, etc.

- Coolers or refreshment stands on-course as a grab-on-go. I've seen it as complimentary (obviously nicer) or honor-system

- Staff coordinating games/groups for newer members who may not be comfortable doing so on their own

- Including a few guest rounds per month at no additional charge. This has actually led one of my friends to recruit some new members to his club, too.

- Shoe shiner in the locker room.

- Reciprocal privileges somewhere close-by if the club is only 1 18-hole facility

Coolers on the course containing towels, Bottled water and fresh fruit

On the range: Practice balls instead of range balls, balls at each station, great chipping areas with bunkers

Simple wants.)

I want a great locker room that includes showers with all the toiletries needed, plush towels and should be air conditioned. Staff to collect your shoes and bring you a drink with some snacks available are nice. I like to have some sections in the locker room so not open for the entire room to see. New carpeting or well kept goes a long way.

I would like a very nice mens grill with tables/chairs/tvs that serves quality food, not just hot dogs and tuna salad sandwiches. I'm willing to pay in order to get a nice chicken breast sandwich, or a steak sandwich. The same staff working in the same areas adds to the ambience as well to build up familiarity.

I'm single so don't value pool, kids programs, tennis, pickle ball, large event spaces etc. Ironically one of my clubs is a full service CC so it has all this. I do like a fitness center which it has.

On course amenities stand out as having gatorades/candy bars/fruit in coolers or fridges stationed around the course like Hamilton Farm/Galloway National which were top shelf.

Halfway house with unique items are cool for guests as they love it. Homemade beef jerky, ice cream bars, a grill or bar b que ready to make whatever you want. A full bar is also welcomed on weekends.

I appreciate a no tipping policy at a club, which in turn pays their employees well to keep them and not pester the members with having to keep 1,2,5 dollar bills around constantly.

Lastly, making sure you are the most elite player at the club. Absolutely no excuses for not being the best if you arent 1st you are last. Strive to dominate any and all players on the course and mark your territory. Literally own the course. Expect to win every club championship except for the years that you decide to let someone else win out of pure generosity. Winning is everything. Scrambles, horseraces, cross country golf, putting green challenges, member guests, it does not matter. you need to win.

I can only hope you are taking the piss, if you aren't, don't get a passport, I'm not sure the world is ready for you.

Post above wants someone to collect his shoes, stock showers, bring him drinks and sandwiches to his private area of the locker room, make custom lunches on the course and last but not least.......doesn't want to tip any of those folks.

You can use the quote function if you would like....... On the off chance you were referencing me erroneously what I said was that I appreciate clubs that specifically pay their staff a premium for being a non-tipping club so as not to always have to have small bills around. In addition there is also the members Christmas giving to the staff collectively and broken into envelopes for each staff member as per GM's discretion.

That is far from saying I don't want to tip, it is doing it by increasing the dues and using Christmas giving and something I appreciate.

Edit: We can start a thread to list the non-tipping clubs if you would like and maybe surprise some people at the esteemed list. It isn't because members are cheap and don't want to tip. The dues are raised appropriately to pay by all members because the staff is paid a premium over tipping clubs so as to keep staff for their longevity and even the playing field for non-front line staff.

yeah, didn't want to comment and turn this into a tipping or non tipping issues. You're going to get two sides of the opinions here from those who are said members and those who work for said clubs for said members.

i live 100 yards from my club and will probably be joining a national club in the near future; if i'm at my national club i would want to be treated like a GAWD from every day stress. My good friends are members at a national type of club here in tampa and those amenities are awesome but it's a full day whenever i go there;

the only thing i care about from my local club is it keeps strangers and non like minds away from me and my family.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

A locker room for guests that I invite where they can borrow/rent things before the round like a white belt, half smoked cigars to chew on and a bag of PXG clubs, so as not to stand out and lower the tone of the whole country club experience.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

This is kinda silly, but I like the shoe cleaning service at my club. I can leave my golf shoes outside my locker, put a $5 bill inside and point the toes toward my locker, and the attendant will pick them up. They'll clean them up good, and replace any spikes that are worn. It's the little things.

Some of the other things:

- Pace of play on the course

- No tee times. Just show up.

- Wednesday night men's night. Have a beer, grab some food. Almost always a cash poker or euchre game going on.

- Club and push cart storage

- The food at the dining room is fantastic.

- Lots of social events. We just did a cigar and craft beer exchange a couple weeks ago.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

Coolers on the course containing towels, Bottled water and fresh fruit

On the range: Practice balls instead of range balls, balls at each station, great chipping areas with bunkers

Simple wants.)

I want a great locker room that includes showers with all the toiletries needed, plush towels and should be air conditioned. Staff to collect your shoes and bring you a drink with some snacks available are nice. I like to have some sections in the locker room so not open for the entire room to see. New carpeting or well kept goes a long way.

I would like a very nice mens grill with tables/chairs/tvs that serves quality food, not just hot dogs and tuna salad sandwiches. I'm willing to pay in order to get a nice chicken breast sandwich, or a steak sandwich. The same staff working in the same areas adds to the ambience as well to build up familiarity.

I'm single so don't value pool, kids programs, tennis, pickle ball, large event spaces etc. Ironically one of my clubs is a full service CC so it has all this. I do like a fitness center which it has.

On course amenities stand out as having gatorades/candy bars/fruit in coolers or fridges stationed around the course like Hamilton Farm/Galloway National which were top shelf.

Halfway house with unique items are cool for guests as they love it. Homemade beef jerky, ice cream bars, a grill or bar b que ready to make whatever you want. A full bar is also welcomed on weekends.

I appreciate a no tipping policy at a club, which in turn pays their employees well to keep them and not pester the members with having to keep 1,2,5 dollar bills around constantly.

sounds similar to Bear Creek ;)

A creative chef that can come up with amazing weekly and daily features is key. Nothing worse then ordering off the exact menu in the summer as you would in the spring or the fall. You go from boring and almost regretting having to eat to excited for something fresh and different. In my opinion behind a great Super the next most important position at a great club is the chef, even above the head professional.