MEMBER REVIEWS: Callaway Apparel - Fall Weather Series

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my package in the mail yesterday and here are a few thoughts and pics before we get to the course. First of all, I'm reviewing the Performance Quilted Jacket, and the Full Waterproof Jacket. Right out of the packaging they look great. They feel even better. They feel comfortable and don't seem to restrict movements. Although the real test of restriction will be on the course. As far as fit goes, I've been one person that generally orders a size bigger to accommodate movement without restriction. I'm 6'2" and 215lbs. So I've ordered a lot of XXL, even though my shirts are XL. For this test I decided to order XL to see if restriction is an issue with more of a true size. Again more updates will come when I get to the course. But out of the bag, my first thoughts are this: The Full Waterproof Jacket seems to have plenty of room for me. It fits well, not too big and bulky and yet not restrictive. The Performance Quilted Jacket seems a little smaller and tighter. I don't know if that is by design, or just a difference in style. One thing I already really like with the Quilted Performance Jacket is the magnetic closure at the bottom/start of the zipper. It puts the jacket together quick and easy before zipping up. No fumbling with getting the zipper in just right. Another thing I already love with BOTH jackets is the polyester/spandex cuffs inside the sleeves. It's like the cuff of a base layer shirt. It helps hold the sleeve down, but cold air, wind won't go up the sleeves from the hands.

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Speed Fairway
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron, Squareback 2

I found my package in my front porch yesterday afternoon. I was sent the Callaway Quilted Jacket and Vest, both in size Large. First off here are my dimensions, I’m 6’2”, ~200 lbs. Relatively skinny build with a bit of a gut developing due to my love of craft beers. I wear a dress shirt with a 16.5” neck, and 36/37 sleeves. My suit jackets are usually 40/42L, and I have a 34” waist. I prefer slimmer/modern fit clothing (not skinny) and have struggled with finding jackets in the past that have long enough sleeves without swimming in the torso section. So with that out of the way, here we go!

FIT: I tried the quilted vest on first. I definitely covered my torso and I feel like it was perfect length from my neck down to my hips. The inside bottom portion has some rubber like grips that prevent the vest from riding up. The arm holes were just the right size for me at least. I didn’t notice any restrictions taking practice swings with it on. I really only have 2 complaints. One is it’s a little too baggy for me in the chest and gut areas. I wish I could’ve tried on a size Medium for comparison. The other is the neck portion when zipped up all the way to the top is a snug. It’s probably due to my beard getting in the way but I’ll most likely have to use it zipped down in order to stay comfortable

The quilted jacket is really nice. It does have some smooth elastic fabric panels in some areas that are probably meant to cut down on bulk. The sleeve length is perfect. The jacket cuff area has a grey, inner cuff that’s probably meant to keep the wind out. However, if you are one of those guys that wears a bulky GPS watch you’ll have to fold the inner cuff out of the way. It also has Velcro closures to really cinch down the outer shell to really keep the elements out. Practice swings were once again pretty good. Didn’t feel any restrictions although you definitely know you’re wearing a jacket if you’re not used to it. I have the same complaints about the jacket as I did with the vest. It’s a little too loose. I’m almost positive this is supposed to be more form fitting but at least it’s not bulky so I could probably deal with the extra fabric. The neck area when zipped up all the way is too snug for me.

FUNCTION: I wore the jacket in to work this morning since it was in the low 50’s when I left. The quilted areas of the jacket were pretty warm. However, I noticed you could really feel the cold through the elastic fabric areas. I would probably wear another layer or at least a long sleeved shirt underneath the jacket for colder temps. The zippers are nice and appear to be metal. The bottom of the zipper has a magnetic closure that really makes sure the zipper lines up. I’m not sure if there was a real need for something like this but it’s a nice touch. The stitching seems nice. I’ve owned some cheap quilted jackets before where the filling would start to come out of stitching. I don’t think that’s going to be the case for this jacket but we’ll see. I’ll be visiting the range Sunday morning to see how warm the jacket and vest are. Temps should be in the low 50’s again when I get out there.

PERFORMANCE: We’ll see how well the vest and jacket perform during my range session Sunday morning.

FINALLY got a chance to test out both items I was luckly enought to get.

Thank you again to Callaway and GolfWrx for allowing me the chance to test and review the items.

About Me- I am 6'0" 240lbs, normally I wear an XL in most items, but for golf I like to have a bit more room to swing, so all my golf polos and outerwear are usually XXL. So to test this I went with an XXL in both.

First up -

Dual Action 1/4 Zip - Peacoat Heather - (Sz XXL)

I Love this pullover! It's warm, it fits well and I love the design. Two features that I love are the 1/4 zip - Sometimes pull overs do not go low enough for my liking, but this one is a true "1/4 zip. The feature that seems simple, but a lot of clothing companies get wrong are the ends on the sleeve. They are the perfect size. Not to loose that they fall down my hands, nor too tight that its "rides up" after each swing.

The color I went with was "Peacoat Heather" - This is a great looking pull over. This kept me warm all round and I did not have many issues at all. I believe the retail is $75.00 This is a price I would be willing to pay if I need to have a cool weather pullover. I think if the temp was any colder than 50 with the wind we had, it might not of been enough to keep me warm.

The only "issue" I had with the pullover was at the base of the jacket, there is an elastic that goes around the waste of the pullover. This did "ride up" a few times over my belt and I ended up pulling it down after few swings. It was slightly annoying, but again it didn't happen too many times that I thought it was a flaw. just something to keep in mind. The bonus behind this feature is it will help stay snug to your body, helping to keep you warm, it also has a "slimming effect".. (Im not sure what they means, but my wife said it, so ill put that tidbit in here).

My 2nd item was the

Outlast 1/4 Zip- Tango Red - XXL

This one I really like the color, and it really POPS.. This would be a great item If it was a tad windy, nd just cool enough to wean an extra layer..

However, My issue is this does not fit :( The sleeves do not have any elastic and they are way to long for my arms. at 6'0" I've never really had an issue with an xxl shirt/jacket being too long in the arms, with maybe one or two exceptions that I can think of. However those items had saving grace in the fact that there was elastic in the sleeves to help with the fit. For me nothing is more annoying that having sleeves that ride up your arm when you lift for something or if you're taking a golf swing. Factoring in that along with that fact I like my outerwear a little bit bigger on me, this was a bad decision to go with an xxl. I will try to work around that and wear it outside and take a few swings and let you know what I think of the Outlast 1/4 zip minus the sleeve issues.

PICS TO COME SOON. Thanks!

I recieved the Performance Quilted Vest and waterproof Pants both in black.

Sizing is exactly as says on the website. I ordered the large pants because normally I wear rain pants over my regular pants. The large was too big for me.

The vest is puffy quilted material on the front and on the back. The sides and the back of the shoulders have stretch fleece material. This allows for extra movement and comfort. It feels really comfortable, haven't had a chance to play golf in either yet. The fit on the vest is very comfortable. Some vests the collar rides up, but I don't have that problem with this one.

One negative is the double zipper at the bottom. It has the zipper that allows you to unzip from the bottom for comfort. This does not seem to work very well in my opinion. Maybe I'm just bad with zippers. I can see how it would help with comfort fitting but it just doesn't work well in my opinion.

The pants are very high quality. The attention to detail is very nice. Every zipper on legs and pockets have waterproof cover. The pants legs have two different adjustments to customize fit. Snaps and pull string help to ensure a tight fit when needed. They also feature a pass thru pocket to allow you to reach pants pockets under neath.

They have a comfort stretch waistband to allow for better fit.

The material is a 3 layer knit fabric stretch. Most rain pants I have had are the non-stretch rain jacket material, similar to an umbrella. Not real stretchy and are noisy when you walk. These are a much more comfortable almost workout pant feel. They feel very light and comfortable. The downside is someone may think you have on workout pants, which I don't really like. The verdict is still out but I really like the feel.

http://flic.kr/p/2ckc4Js

https://flic.kr/p/2b1QQs6

https://flic.kr/p/2b1QQre

https://flic.kr/p/2ckc1fU

https://flic.kr/p/NDkt4i

https://flic.kr/p/2bixZ4L

https://flic.kr/p/2bixTuE

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

Saved for later..

Gathering my thoughts

I can't say enough about the vest..

Size was perfect.. Looks very modern and looks great.

It has an additional elastic lining around the shoulders to keep the wind out.

It also has rubbery Callaway logos at the bottom to be snug.

https://www.callaway...erwear#start=13

Keeping your core warm makes huge difference in cold weather..

Played in 40-50 degree weather with slight breeze last Saturday morning..

I had thin long sleeve sports t-shirt (polyester) to keep moisture away from the body (just in case if I sweat), long sleeve polo, and the vest..

It kept my body very warm and it was nice to have free arms. No rustling noise from movement, no tightness, when making back swing..

If you keep your core body warm enough, you don't need so much covering on your arms..

I am tempted to buy another one in different color, so that I can rotate wearing them.

I will update on the rainpants later.. The only thing so far is that it's tad too long for me.. I usually wear 32x30..

Got mine on last week and thanks again GolfWRX and Callaway for the opportunity to review! I ended up with the 1/4 Dual Action Zip in grey & Quilted Jacket in peacoat, size L. About me, I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs. I tend to wear L or L tall in most things, dress shirt size is slim fit 17" neck and 34-36" arms and prefer the slimmer fit items. Most of my pullovers and colder weather gear tend to be Puma, Nike and Under Armour.

*Tried to load pictures but it seems as though the photo sizes have been met.

First thoughts: Out of the package these look great. The quilted jacket is not something that I would probably buy at first sight but, it really looks great. The 1/4 zip is something that I wear pretty regularly golfing and the Callaway offering has a little more polished look with the cuffs. I could see wearing it to an office on a cool morning.

First Test: I decided to put the 1/4 zip through the ringer and take the kids to the pumpkin patch this past Saturday. :derisive: It was around 40 with a high of 55 and I wore just a t-shirt underneath. I never felt my core or arms being cold although the you could feel the wind occasionally. I really like this after the first wear and will definitely be wearing it regularly.

Second Test: Today, the plan is to play 36! I'll be wearing the quilted jacket for the morning round and will make the switch to the 1/4 zip for a relaxing Sunday bag walking round.

Update: WOW! First round today with the quilted jacket was perfect. Temperature on the first tee was 45* with a wind that was blustery at 10-20 mph. I can see why this is a good jacket for rain because wind certainly didn't interfere with it at all. I'm not sure if I've worn a full zip jacket for golf before, but this one worked great. I wore a polo and long sleeve 32* heat shirt underneath and didn't not feel any of the breeze and stayed very warm throughout the round. My only issue is that I got an XL (something I didn't notice until I was putting it on this morning). Haven't worn XL since the weight loss and, even though they drawstrings helped make it a little more form fitting, it did rise up a little after each shot or walking to the ball. It's not a big deal, just an adjustment needed before the next shot. Again, totally my fault, I feel that the L or if they have a L tall, it may be a better fit. It's not something that will keep me from wearing it the next day where there is a chance of rain or I know the wind will be blowing.

Update, Second Round: A two hour drive east and it was time to test out the 1/4 zip. Temperature was in the upper 50's and wind was a good 5-10 regularly for this round. I ditched the 32* heat long sleeve shirt and just went polo and 1/4 zip. Again, this was great for the weather. I never felt too cool and never got too hot. I had also washed this since the pumpkin patch trip and didn't notice any shrinkage... :D. As I mentioned, I typically wear a 1/4 zip and I seem to be colder than most when playing. I really like the design of this 1/4 zip and am pretty motivated to order another. Sitting here and writing the review the cuffs have some weight to them and just seem very well made.

Excited to try the jacket out in some rain, but I'm sold on Callaway gear. I'll definitely consider their future offerings. I think that they have made some large improvements based on what I picture their polos and outerwear from previous offerings.

BAG UNDER CONSTRUCTION/TINKERING...Now and Forever.

First off, I'd like to thank Callaway and Golfwrx for this incredible opportunity and gift. I was fortunate to receive the waterproof Jacket and waterproof pants. Both of which I plan to thoroughly test this late fall/winter as I love playing year round, especially in the rain! Hopefully the weather will help me out in getting to test the waterproof performance sooner rather than later. I live in Missouri where we got about 10" of rain 3 weeks ago.

I will note I have had a set of Nike rain pants and rain jacket I've used for the past 3 years. Over the course of the testing, I will note differences between the older Nike's and these new Callaways, and what I like more about each and why.

Initially, upon opening and trying on this jacket and pants, my initial thoughts were very positive. I love the color of the jacket, it looked good on their website but looks amazing in person. It has a little bit of extra padding/fabric for warmth in the neck, which I think would also add to the comfort. The sleeves are really cool, the arms have an outside shell to discard the rain but an inside to help slide the jacket during the motion of your swing. I think this could likely be my favorite feature (will take a pic to show). The inside is lined (as it should be), which is expected from any high end waterproof jacket. You can tell it will make an ideal wind breaker as well. There's a Velcro (if that's the word) on the inside bottom of the jacket to tighten the jacket to your preferred width, which is strongly preferred by anyone seeking a more fitted feel. Another unique feature is the bottom inside also has a sticky lining. I'm quite curious how this will impact the motion of the jacket during my swing.

The pants were very nice. They have what I'd consider all the needed features, flexible waste (as most people wear them over other pants), pockets with zippers, zippers at the bottom of the legs for opening or closing, and buttons to adjust the length. I will point out, there's nothing like a good pair of rain pants. Not only can you use them when it's raining but anytime it's cold, windy or even just wet conditions on the course. This pair of pants has me very excited as they would check all the boxes for my desires (initially).

I'm really excited to be testing these and would be happy to answer any questions/details any of you may have along the way.

A little about me: I'm 5'11", 165 lbs and hover around scratch to a 3 handicap depending on how much free time I have to play. In a dress shirt I wear a 15 to 15.5" neck with 32-33" arms, a 32" waist and 31-32" seam. I went with a small jacket and medium pants from Callaway.

Great reviews so far guys, keep 'em coming.

I wasn't selected for this opportunity but it did prompt me to spend some time looking around the Callaway Apparel website and I picked up a wool blend sweater on clearance that I've been very happy with so far. Lots of really good looking gear imo.

Also, if anyone else has any other questions, please PM me and I'll be happy to respond. I will echo what tj7644 said with the magnetic zipper closure on the jacket. Very nice touch! I have another brand that does this and, although it doesn't alter your overall day, it's a great touch. Totally cool!!

BAG UNDER CONSTRUCTION/TINKERING...Now and Forever.

So to continue from my last post, I went ahead and took a bunch of pictures of the key features of this waterproof jacket and pants. The 3rd picture I held up to the kitchen light to give you an idea how thin the material is. You can see the shadow of the tag on the other side (for reference).

On the pants, it's kind of hard to see but there's pockets in the pockets to allow you to get to your pants pockets underneath these rain pants (hopefully that makes sense). I think this is a pretty cool idea but am a little nervous things could fall out of the rain pant pockets by accident due to the openings. I'll test this with tees and ball markers as I play some rounds. I do love the side pocket, perfect for a cell phone, wallet, keys or gloves.

Big thanks to GolfWRX and Callaway. I received the Outlast Premium mid-layer 1/4 zip and waterproof pants on Saturday but ran my first marathon on Sunday. Now that I can walk again I have 2 rounds scheduled between Saturday and Tuesday, one with rain in the forecast, so excited to give these a go. Great initial impressions on both, but the waterproof pants I think are going to be the big hit.

Bummer... some of the filling looks like it's coming out of the holes that the seams made during the sewing process on the vest (haven't seen this from the jacket yet). Aside from that I like the vest a lot. I had a chance to visit the range on Sunday and didn't have any issues with it swinging or having the vest ride up. It was probably in the high 50's at the time. It really keeps your core warm but doesn't overheat. i also wore it to a high school football game i attended in San Bruno on Friday night. It was hovering at 60* for most of the night until it dropped into the 50's shortly after the half. Again, my core stayed warm but i eventually had to put on my hoodie over as my arms were getting cold.

My overall impression of the jacket and vest is if you're doing a semi-active activity like golf it's perfect to keep you warm-enough while allowing you pretty much your full range of motion. I wish the fit was a little better for me in the torso sections (would love to see an MT size). Since I won't be playing high 40/low 50 weather until maybe at least December, i'll throw in another short review at that point.

Thanks again to GolfWRX and Callaway for the opportunity to help with testing!

Tomorrow is going to be a rain out here. Going to try to test out the waterproof pants when the rain slows down.

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

Thanks again to Callaway and to GolfWRX.

I was able to fully test both the Outlast 1/4 zip mid-layer as well as the weatherproof pants. As a golfer in Michigan, I really enjoy fall golf for a few reasons. It's cheaper, less crowded, and you can't beat the look of a Michigan golf course in October and November. I traditionally will play in almost any weather, but my benchmarks are over 40 in almost any conditions and into the 30's if the course is open and it isn't too windy. At the same time, I do not like wearing tons of layers and/or bulky clothing. If what I need to wear to stay warm interferes with my swing, then the enjoyment is dampened and there is less of an incentive in going out in the first place.

A quick TL;DR at the beginning: The 1/4 zip with a short sleeve underneath is all you need in the 50's and possibly down into the 40's if the wind is calm.

The 1/4 zip with a compression/base layer and weatherproof pants will set you up for golf at least into the low 40's (with a "feels like" in the mid-high 30's).

Some more detailed thoughts...

Outlast 1/4 Zip Mid-Layer

On Course Use My preference with cooler weather golf clothing is to wear 2 thinner layers rather than one thicker one. With 2 thinner layers, you have the option to shed one if you need to. I played yesterday where the temp at the 1st tee was 46 with a "feels like" of 38. It was mostly sunny but had a solid breeze which made it a bit chilly. I wore a base layer under a polo with the 1/4 zip on top and I was completely comfortable all day. Around the turn it warmed up and I took the 1/4 zip off for a few holes before the wind picked up again and I needed it. Callaway says the Outlast Technology is engineered to keep you cool or warm depending on the conditions and I found that to hold up. I think I *probably* have been ok without the base layer, but wind chills in the 30's convinced me to wear it just in case.

Fit: I'm a pretty standard XL across pretty much all brands and this was no exception. The 1/4 zip has a relaxed fit that isn't tight but also isn't overly baggy.

Looks: Very traditional. Solid gray with navy blue lines down the sleeve, sides, and zipper with a Callaway logo on the left arm. I appreciate that I can wear this to work as well.

Compared to what I wear now: I have a Mizuno Windlite Sweater for cold weather. I love it because it is great for really cold days, but it doesn't really give me the versatility of the above option. I find that wearing a base layer under the Mizuno traps a lot of heat and I tend to get too warm. Both options will do the job, but as I said, I think 2 thinner layers are better than 1 thicker because you have some versatility.

Men's Waterproof Pant

On Course Use: I like wateproof pants not only because of their intended function of keeping you dry from the rain, but also because they help keep you warm. Golf courses in the fall tend to be wet and muddy from rain and frost, so they also help prevent your regular pants from getting destroyed. I was more than comfortable playing in these yesterday. I wore them over my regular work pants and they were very comfortable. It did not rain as predicted, but the conditions were a little sloppy and they did a nice job.

Pockets, cuffs, and other features: The pants have 4 pockets. 2 hip, 1 back, and a 4th pocket down the right leg. All are fastened by a zipper. The cuff of the pants have a vertical zipper to aid in taking on and off with shoes on as well as snaps and a tie mechanism to adjust the fit at the bottom. If I had to nitpick one thing on these pants, it is that the pocket "access" to your regular pants pocket can't be zipped or sealed off. It was a little awkward at first accessing the pockets of the Callaway pants and not my regular pants. I might sew in a little piece of Velcro to take care of this. The pants also have belt loops to go along with the standard elastic waistband.

Looks:Solid black with a Callaway logo over the back left pocket. Not much to say here other than they are very basic and traditional looking (which I think is a good thing). Their sizing chart was spot on for me as well. While I always go XL the chart pointed me to standard large and they fit great.

Compared to what I wear now: My current pants are Puma Storm Cell from a few years ago. One HUGE advantage Callaway has over Puma here is the liner. While both feel similar on the outside, the Callaway has a polyester type feel on the inside (similar to the outer liner) where Puma's inner liner feels rubbery. As a result, whenever i'd wear my Puma pants, it would feel like a microwave. I felt like all the heat was trapped and it was not comfortable. Callaway's pants are also less bulky and don't have that snow pant feel or sound when you walk.

I hope to get out in the rain soon and fully test the waterproof component of the pants. My overall takeaway is that when you go out to buy clothes that equip you for golf into the 40's (and even the 30's), you don't need as much as you think if you just make a couple of smart purchases. These pants and 1/4 zip along with a base layer and hat will not only make you comfortable in colder weather but also wont force you to compromise your swing that other bulkier options might.

Thanks again and please let me know if there are any questions!

This is my second entry. I've been able to put the Performance Quilted Jacket through some more testing. First, I think it's a great jacket. The mobility is great. No restriction of movement because of the unquilted panels along the sides, and under the arms, and on the back half of the sleeves. There is absolutely no restriction of movement. I started the round with temps in the mid 40's and had just a long sleeve polo underneath and I was plenty warm. I actually then had to take it off because it was a little warm when temps rose to the mid to upper 50's. So as far as a lighter jacket it worked great. One downside I did notice is that this jacket is definitely NOT a wind jacket. The panels do not keep the wind out. So I would not use it if you are playing in a cold breeze. The air goes right through the panels. Not windy, the jacket is great. I loved it. Another feature I loved was the cuffs inside the sleeves. It holds the sleeves in place and keeps air from going up the sleeves. Nice, nice feature. The next feature I loved seemed to be a small thing, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. And that feature is the magnetic zipper catch at the bottom or start of the zipper. It puts the zipper together easy and simply. Making the zip up quick and easy. Here are some pics of the 3 things I've mentioned here. Bottom line for me is great lightweight jacket if it's not windy. I enjoyed the lightness, but warmth without being bulky or restrictive. I recommend it.

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60

• 2 weeks later...

Bummer... some of the filling looks like it's coming out of the holes that the seams made during the sewing process on the vest (haven't seen this from the jacket yet). Aside from that I like the vest a lot. I had a chance to visit the range on Sunday and didn't have any issues with it swinging or having the vest ride up. It was probably in the high 50's at the time. It really keeps your core warm but doesn't overheat. i also wore it to a high school football game i attended in San Bruno on Friday night. It was hovering at 60* for most of the night until it dropped into the 50's shortly after the half. Again, my core stayed warm but i eventually had to put on my hoodie over as my arms were getting cold.

My overall impression of the jacket and vest is if you're doing a semi-active activity like golf it's perfect to keep you warm-enough while allowing you pretty much your full range of motion. I wish the fit was a little better for me in the torso sections (would love to see an MT size). Since I won't be playing high 40/low 50 weather until maybe at least December, i'll throw in another short review at that point.

Thanks again to GolfWRX and Callaway for the opportunity to help with testing!

I've played 2 rounds since my last post, alternating the jacket and vest and also wore them out off the course. The jacket seems to be holding up well and it doesn't feel like it's impeding my swing at all however the piling in the vest keeps coming out of the stitching holes and it's starting to bug me. The vest did keep me exceptionally warm until I had to take it off when the temps rose above the mid-60's halfway through my round. It's not restrictive at all even though I mentioned i probably should've asked for a medium sized vest. I really want to like the vest but the piling thing is a deal breaker for me. It's not like it's a lot that's coming out but if I bought it I probably would've returned it to see if this was just a problem with my vest or ultimately returned it in general if this happened to the replacement

This is my second entry. I've been able to put the Performance Quilted Jacket through some more testing. First, I think it's a great jacket. The mobility is great. No restriction of movement because of the unquilted panels along the sides, and under the arms, and on the back half of the sleeves. There is absolutely no restriction of movement. I started the round with temps in the mid 40's and had just a long sleeve polo underneath and I was plenty warm. I actually then had to take it off because it was a little warm when temps rose to the mid to upper 50's. So as far as a lighter jacket it worked great. One downside I did notice is that this jacket is definitely NOT a wind jacket. The panels do not keep the wind out. So I would not use it if you are playing in a cold breeze. The air goes right through the panels. Not windy, the jacket is great. I loved it. Another feature I loved was the cuffs inside the sleeves. It holds the sleeves in place and keeps air from going up the sleeves. Nice, nice feature. The next feature I loved seemed to be a small thing, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. And that feature is the magnetic zipper catch at the bottom or start of the zipper. It puts the zipper together easy and simply. Making the zip up quick and easy. Here are some pics of the 3 things I've mentioned here. Bottom line for me is great lightweight jacket if it's not windy. I enjoyed the lightness, but warmth without being bulky or restrictive. I recommend it.

Another edition to my post. The more I wear the jacket the better I like it! I had the opportunity to wear it several times over the weekend and loved every minute of it on and OFF the course. I was out of town for a weekend of golf and it performed great. I wore it to the course, on the course, and after. No restrictions, no tearing, no snags, no problems. Again the cuffs on the inside of the sleeves are great. I also really like the magnetic closure at the bottom of the zipper. That makes it so easy to put on, take off, then put on again. Loving this Performance Quilted Jacket!!

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60

• 3 weeks later...

So to continue from my last post, I went ahead and took a bunch of pictures of the key features of this waterproof jacket and pants. The 3rd picture I held up to the kitchen light to give you an idea how thin the material is. You can see the shadow of the tag on the other side (for reference).

On the pants, it's kind of hard to see but there's pockets in the pockets to allow you to get to your pants pockets underneath these rain pants (hopefully that makes sense). I think this is a pretty cool idea but am a little nervous things could fall out of the rain pant pockets by accident due to the openings. I'll test this with tees and ball markers as I play some rounds. I do love the side pocket, perfect for a cell phone, wallet, keys or gloves.

We've unfortunately ran into some bad weather here in the midwest so I haven't gotten to do quite the on course reviewing as I'd like. I did manage to play on a day where it was about 35 degrees two weekend's ago, that gave me the opportunity to try out these rain pants. I wore them over 2 other layers and they fit great. The flexible waist really gives you a lot of options in that regard. Overall I really enjoyed them, they fit great, helped block the wind and were very comfortable. I have 2 thoughts on improvement though...1) instead of having the openings on the inside of the pockets, I'd really prefer zippers. That way I have the option of having them open or closed. I had a couple times where my golf ball went inside by accident and slid down and out the leg of my pants. Would be very easy to lose something important like car keys or a nice ball marker if you aren't careful. 2) The side pocket (by my right knee) is very handy but I found the zipper hard to use at times. The material of the pants hangs over the zipper to prevent water from entering but in doing so, it would cause my zipper to get snagged on it when I tried to open or close it with 1 hand. Very minor but it did cause me issues 3-4 times in my round. Overall I really enjoy the pants though. I hope to get a rainy day in the near future that's above 35-40 degrees in the near future so I can test them (and the jacket) out for it's protection against water.

I have finally been able to fully test the Full Zip Waterproof Jacket in a rainy and cool setting. This one is a keeper!! I absolutely love this jacket. I was playing on a day that keep changing from a cool breeze to light rain, back to heavier rain, then back to just a cool breeze. It performed wonderfully. It was fully waterproof as advertised. But more than that, it protected in the wind, wasn't too hot and sweaty and remained breathable. No moisture on the inside of the jacket at all. I love this jacket!! This jacket also didn't restrict motion, I was able to swing fully and comfortably like I had on a light pull-over. I really can't express how much I'm impressed with this jacket. Another reminder as I mentioned at the first of this thread. It does NOT run small like the quilted jacket did. The fit was great in an XL for me. To get the same fit in the quilted jacket I had to go to XXL.

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60