WHAT'S THE NICEST PRIZE YOU'VE WON (GOLF RELATED)

Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 918 ✭✭
Share your stories of the nicest or most memorable prize you've won at a golf course (or just golf related), whether that be from a raffle, hole in one, winning a tournament, silent auction, etc...

Comments

• iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,808 ✭✭
    Biggest was $5,000 check. Most memorable was 4 clubhouse badges to The Players when I was 11. My family never would have been able to afford something like that at that time.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,527 ClubWRX
    About 20 years I played in a net tournament that was run by a big oil company. Borrowed clubs, played lights out and shot a net 61 to beat a field of over 150 players. At the awards dinner, I'm preparing to pick up a huge gift certificate, set of clubs or something of true value. The first place prize was the ugliest golf clock you could possibly imagine with a value of about $7.00.

Still have that and now it's a treasure.
  • Bonneville85308Bonneville85308 Members Posts: 1,661 ✭✭
    Most memorable...about 10 years ago I won one of these in a charity scramble for closest to the pin. A M&M dispenser. One of the tournament sponsors was the Mars Corp., so a lot of swag was given out. Normally I would not complain when it's a tournament for charity, but they had a second closest to the pin contest on another hole as well, and the prize for that was a 5-pack of free rounds at the course the tournament was at. So it was not quite fair IMO. Actual photo not available as I threw it in the trash when I got home.
  • 1s1k1s1k A-Town, MAMembers Posts: 476 ✭✭
    Won a $500 Aimpoint Pro Rifle red dot optic for my M4 from a golf tournament put on by the SWAT team.
    TM M5 Tour 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TM P790 UDI 2-Iron HZRDUS Black 85g 6.5
    TM P.7TW 3-PW Project X 6.5

Titleist SM7 WedgeWorks Raw
    46*/10F Project X 6.5 
    50*/08F, 54*/10S, & 60*/12D TI DG S400

TM Spider X 34" Navy
    TM TP5X
    Mizuno MP32's 2-PW 
    Callaway Legacy Black 3-PW 
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,808 ✭✭
    About 20 years ago, at my company's outing, I won a small TV (kitchen counter size) in the after round raffle and gave it to my "would have been" mother-in-law.

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56*, 60* DGS300
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • marmooskapaulmarmooskapaul Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭
    edited Nov 27, 2018 #7
    A basketball signed by one of the Pacers.....but I can't for the life of me remember who it was...lol. ..traded it for an MP3 player...suckerrrr!!..me that is.

Edit: I actually won a nice Nike stand bag and at our Indiana WRX outing won a mini driver built to my specs by Tom Wishom...so I got that going for me.
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,706 ✭✭
    A huge engraved crystal bowl for winning a member-member tournament. image/blind.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blind:' />
  • PaullyPaully Members Posts: 873 ✭✭
    $100 raffle ticket. Won a trip for 2 for 3 nights at Spanish Bay with a round at Pebble, Spyglass, and Spanish Bay. Also came with a $500 gift card each to the shops at Pebble!
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,904 ✭✭
    Bragging rights.

Put a price on that...
    Mizuno ST-180 @ 8.5
    Mizuno JPX 900 @ 14
    Mizuno CLK @ 18, 21
    Mizuno JPX 900HM 5-Lw
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • RayGormanRayGorman Members Posts: 141 ✭✭
    At the end of what was then known as "The Pub Classic" on Long Island (mostly restaurant and bar staff), I had about $7 in my pocket. Walking into the dinner they had a $5 raffle.. <shrug> "what the heck" and bought a ticket. Wasn't even first prize, but I won a set of original first year Hogan Edge's (1984/85 or so?). 3-SW full set. I got home and noticed there were 2 6 Irons and no 7I, I called the pro shop and arranged to exchange the following week or two. I showed up and made the switch (matching serial#) then fell in love with the 2 Iron, so I dropped coin to grab one... Played those for 10-12 years until they were stolen out of the car...
  • MoonlightgrmMoonlightgrm Members Posts: 865 ✭✭
    About 30-years ago, I won a set of Wilson irons that I gave to my nephew. He was 12-years old at the time and was overjoyed with the clubs.
  • JDW3JDW3 Members Posts: 624 ✭✭
    I won a voice caddie SC200 in a US Open pool thanks to JT.
    Driver: Titleist TS2
    3 wood: Titleist TS2
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 19* & 22*
    Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 16
    Wedges: Vokey sm7 50*, 54*, 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Ball: Titleist Prov 1x
  • SEP1006SEP1006 Pearland, Tx.ClubWRX Posts: 922 ClubWRX
    About 12 years or so I won the following here on the board in a "design a driver" contest.

Brand new Callaway Razor fit Driver with a Graphite Design DI-6 shaft in it.

Callaway Staff bag

Callaway hat signed by Tommy 2-gloves.

Taylor Made M6 10.5 * | Ventus 6s
    Taylor Made M4 | Graphite Design IZ-7s
    Adams Pro A12 2 / 3 Hybrids | UST Mamiya Silver
    PXG Gen 2 0311P 3 - GW | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
    Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
    PXG Gunboat H Putter 
    PXG Staff Bag
  • TheMackDaddyTheMackDaddy SEATTLEJr. Boomers Posts: 4,729 ✭✭
    edited Nov 27, 2018 #15
    Worked a job last summer at a steel company as a summer intern. The CEO and CFO heard that I was a pretty good golfer, and invited me to play in a few events. During one event, I took home the individual long drive prize, the individual closest to the pin prize, and our team won the overall prize. It amounted to about $500 in gift cards on top of the money I was paid for a full day of “working”.

That was a good job.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,909 ClubWRX
    This little plastic trophy is one of two given to the winning team in our course's first member-member tourney in 2011. I have one, my oldest daughter has its twin! After I hit OB off the tee on 18, she had to par the 18th on her own with a bunch of folks watching to seal the victory. Will always be the nicest prize.
  • PureGolf313PureGolf313 Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    In 1988 my dad got a Hole in one in a charity golf event and won a Red BMW 325I Convertible. I was six years old at the time and still remember sitting at the dinner table when my dad called and my mom saying "Call me when you are sober, you are drunk". He said it was a horrible shot and he walked away after he hit only for his buddies to see it and start screaming.
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,160 ✭✭
    A new bag, which was perfectly timed as my old one was falling apart. Non Golf related...a bottle of 12 year old Bowmore Malt.
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    20 lap dances in Vegas....but then again it was a charity event for retired strippers.
  • Steele47Steele47 Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    2 large ceramic lamps.
  • Zz24hoursZz24hours Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    A bagcart, recently - that was nice

A paid round of scotch for the tournament when I made an ace was great too 😋
  • nowitski41nowitski41 Members Posts: 357
    An amazon Alexa after the round during the raffle at an orthodontist scramble.
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    nowitski41 wrote:

An amazon Alexa after the round during the raffle at an orthodontist scramble.

Take Alexa with you on the course..."Alexa, what club should I hit?".
  • lchanglchang Members Posts: 567 ✭✭
    These. But without the whiskey in them. :-)

• GreenieGreenie Members Posts: 3,517 ✭✭
    I won a Sun Mountain Four5 bag for closest to the pin at a scramble. Closest to the pin got you a $50 gift card from Golfsmith. Inside a 12" circle around the hole got you the golfbag. The only problem was the the bag was in baby blue and white North Carolina college colors. I mentioned to the sponsor of the hole they needed Maryland colors instead of that baby blue and they were nice enough to let me order one through Golfsmith of my color with free shipping. It came UPS and I believe the driver ran over it LOL because the bag was smashed. After the return I finally got my prize in the color I wanted.
  • tocinotocino Members Posts: 2,274 ✭✭
    I won an odessey putter and a sleeve of Prov1s for a closest to the pin hole at a work scramble event. I think I ended up flipping it for $70 on the BST. I still have the sleeve. I don’t plan on ever using them
  • mcputtermcputter Members Posts: 942 ✭✭
    Won a replica Colt 45 six-shooter as the trophy for winning a tournament in Prescott, Arizona. It came with lead balls which are powered by small blasting caps and actually shoots. My buddy who won one another year has shot his, but I never have.
    Adams 9015D 10.5 Matrix Ozik
    TM M2 Deep Face 3HL Fuji Atmos 6
    Callaway Apex 20 Steelfiber hls780
    Adams Pro Mini 23 Steelfiber i95
    Adams A12 Pro Black 5-9PW Steelfiber i95
    Adams CB2 GW Steelfiber i95
    Vokey SM6 Black 54 S-Grind Steelfiber i110 CW
    Vokey Oil Can 58 V-Grind Kuro Kage TiNi 105
    Scotty Cameron Pro Plat Newport Mil Spec

It's not how fast you play, it's how well you play fast!
  • HackerDaveHackerDave Members Posts: 1,410 ✭✭
    This year I was playing in a charity event and made an eagle. Won one of three skins for $800. By far the most I have ever won in an event.
  • flip flappyflip flappy Members Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited Dec 4, 2018 #30
    I played in a charity scramble a few years ago and bought a $10 raffle ticket. I won a 60" TV. It was right before my wife's birthday. I came in the house with the TV and told her I stopped on the way home and bought it for her birthday. She responded with, "You're too cheap to buy me a present like that, you had to have won it!" What can I say, my wife knows me pretty well.

A friend of mine, who is a pastor, won a car on a hole in one prize. He sold it and gave all the money to his church to go towards a family life center they were building. I hear the story on a weekly basis and it never gets old hearing it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping G400 Max 10.5
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 3 wood
    Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
    Ping B65 Cadence
  • golfgirlrobingolfgirlrobin Members Posts: 2,335 ✭✭
    In a closest to the pin competition, I won a football signed by the entire team of the 1988-89 Super Bowl champion SF 49ers. Gave it to my Dad who’d been a fan since the 1940’s and immediately gained Favored Child status.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Fairway: Epic Flash 14* & 20*
    Hybrid: Ping G410 22*
    Irons: TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 59* and 64*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketsch
    Ball:  Titleist Pro V1