ET Q School Final

OldTomMorris

Final scores after it concluded yesterday.

Scott Gregory earns his card, 5 months after his horror 92 in the US Open. Marc Warren regains his card, how on earth he was in that position is baffling.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/qualifying/season=2018/tournamentid=2018595/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

Kurt Katiyama from US and Masahiro Kawamura from Japan continue the trend of more US and Japanese players looking to play the ET, Berry Henson from US missed out by 1 shot.

A few familiar names failed to regain their card:

Steve Webster, Richard Bland, Austin Connelly, Richard Green, Oliver Wilson, Felipe Auiglar, Callum Shinkwin, Simon Dyson...

2mfet5d.jpg

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final scores after it concluded yesterday.

Scott Gregory earns his card, 5 months after his horror 92 in the US Open. Marc Warren regains his card, how on earth he was in that position is baffling.

http://www.europeant...ml#/leaderboard

Kurt Katiyama from US and Masahiro Kawamura from Japan continue the trend of more US and Japanese players looking to play the ET, Berry Henson from US missed out by 1 shot.

A few familiar names failed to regain their card:

Steve Webster, Richard Bland, Austin Connelly, Richard Green, Oliver Wilson, Felipe Auiglar, Callum Shinkwin, Simon Dyson...

2mfet5d.jpg

Got to give props to guys like Steve Webster, Richard Bland and Oliver Wilson. Years of being just about good enough to keep their tour card must be a hell of a grind but there they are still going back and forth giving it a go and succeeding.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

A number of decent players missing out:

- Anders Hansen (I think he is still semi-retired)

- Marcel Siem

- Gregory Havret

- Gregory Bourdy

- Simon Dyson

- Matteo Manassero

- Steve Webster

All multiple time winners of the ET.

Didn't Anders Hansen make a lot of money with some business venture? Anyway he turns 50 in less than 2 years so maybe he's looking to get back to competitive play with that in mind.

Siem and Manassero shouldn't really be in that position.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Got to give props to guys like Steve Webster, Richard Bland and Oliver Wilson. Years of being just about good enough to keep their tour card must be a hell of a grind but there they are still going back and forth giving it a go and succeeding.

Interesting career paths - Webster has struggled for the last 5 years but he has accumulated over €7.7M in his time, Bland appeared to be improving with age trending towards a win but 2018 was very poor and Oliver Wilson has been struggled since 2010 but got a lifeline at the end of 2014 by winning the Dunhill as an invite.

Both Webster and Bland are very nice swingers of the club.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

The son of the pro of the golf course ajacent to to the university where I studied got his card. His father, a man that NOT did like students playing on the golf course, who gave you a stern eye everytime you went into his shop to register, got his card. The son has the same kind of stern look in his eyes. Scares me a little. But anyhow, always nice to se a fellow countryman make it to the tour, I wish him good luck.

- Marcel Siem

- Gregory Havret

- Gregory Bourdy

- Simon Dyson

- Matteo Manassero

- Steve Webster

Didn't Anders Hansen make a lot of money with some business venture? Anyway he turns 50 in less than 2 years so maybe he's looking to get back to competitive play with that in mind.

Not sure about Anders Hansen but it kind of makes sense because he still has the game to be consistently in the top 60 in the Race to Dubai.

I still remember Hansen beating Rose at Wentworth in 2002.

rosehansenPA_468x331.jpg

The son of the pro of the golf course ajacent to to the university where I studied got his card. His father, a man that NOT did like students playing on the golf course, who gave you a stern eye everytime you went into his shop to register, got his card. The son has the same kind of stern look in his eyes. Scares me a little. But anyhow, always nice to se a fellow countryman make it to the tour, I wish him good luck.

Who is this golfer?

Most x-generation golfers who studied at Linkeboda University in the Yuppie years will remember Bertil Lemke well. Nowadays he:s the pro in another town without a university and is reportedly cozy. People tend to be somewhat crazy during their university years. And that can be annoying for the bystanders. One of the local traditions was to have a carnival each year. And building the stuff for the carnival wagons was done in a week before the actual carnival. This was accompanied by playing the same boring old schlager over and over again all days long on high volume and at a venue within close distance to the pro shop. Just one example of what ordeal a pro at a golf club close to a university will have to endure.

Most x-generation golfers who studied at Linkeboda University in the Yuppie years will remember Bertil Lemke well. Nowadays he:s the pro in another town without a university and is reportedly cozy. People tend to be somewhat crazy during their university years. And that can be annoying for the bystanders. One of the local traditions was to have a carnival each year. And building the stuff for the carnival wagons was done in a week before the actual carnival. This was accompanied by playing the same boring old schlager over and over again all days long on high volume and at a venue within close distance to the pro shop. Just one example of what ordeal a pro at a golf club close to a university will have to endure.

Niklas Lemke?

He is a good friend of Alex Noren.

- Marcel Siem

- Gregory Havret

- Gregory Bourdy

- Simon Dyson

- Matteo Manassero

- Steve Webster

Manny made more instagram stories than birdies this year so... but he is enjoying his life and who am I to judge :) anyway, he said he has like 12 invites for next season but at a certain point he will run out of them as well...

- Marcel Siem

- Gregory Havret

- Gregory Bourdy

- Simon Dyson

- Matteo Manassero

- Steve Webster

Manny made more instagram stories than birdies this year so... but he is enjoying his life and who am I to judge :) anyway, he said he has like 12 invites for next season but at a certain point he will run out of them as well...

I really hope he will find his game again one day.

So talented.

cce0124848eab2f6b309c5a1916d68d9.jpg

- Marcel Siem

- Gregory Havret

- Gregory Bourdy

- Simon Dyson

- Matteo Manassero

- Steve Webster

So talented.

It is mad just how far down he was slipped. Hasn't even looked like being the same since he went from Titliest to Callaway. I'm not saying that was or is the reason behind his demise but it seemed to be around the same time.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

- Marcel Siem

- Gregory Havret

- Gregory Bourdy

- Simon Dyson

- Matteo Manassero

- Steve Webster

So talented.

It is mad just how far down he was slipped. Hasn't even looked like being the same since he went from Titliest to Callaway. I'm not saying that was or is the reason behind his demise but it seemed to be around the same time.

Some people say Mannasero hits it too short.

Ok that may be true, but he is good enough to at least keep his playing card in Europe. That is the sad part and the fact he is still young.

Some people say Mannasero hits it too short. Ok that may be true, but he is good enough to at least keep his playing card in Europe. That is the sad part and the fact he is still young.

That's what is crazy. If feels like he has been around for 10-12 years as a touring pro. Turns out he is only a few months older than Jordan Spieth. I'd wager he gets his game back. Too talented not to.

Some people say Mannasero hits it too short. Ok that may be true, but he is good enough to at least keep his playing card in Europe. That is the sad part and the fact he is still young.

That's what is crazy. If feels like he has been around for 10-12 years as a touring pro. Turns out he is a few months younger than Jordan Spieth. I'd wager he gets his game back. Too talented not to.

Three months older than Jordan. Next year is the tenth anniversary of him becoming the youngest ever British Amateur champion at age 16. He won the BMW PGA at age 20 and hasn't won since. It's crazy that he won't be on the European Tour next year after looking like he'd follow Rory into the European and global golf big time. Hopefully he can find his way back.

That's what is crazy. If feels like he has been around for 10-12 years as a touring pro. Turns out he is a few months younger than Jordan Spieth. I'd wager he gets his game back. Too talented not to.

Three months older than Jordan. Next year is the tenth anniversary of him becoming the youngest ever British Amateur champion at age 16. He won the BMW PGA at age 20 and hasn't won since. It's crazy that he won't be on the European Tour next year after looking like he'd follow Rory into the European and global golf big time. Hopefully he can find his way back.

Thanks for the correction. I'll fix it. Though MM was younger. Still he is only 25. Would imagine he will get some sponsor invites. Does the ET have limited status for players like the PGA Tour does for players finishing 126-150 in the FEC? Could be tough to get his card back next season as he likely won't be in any of the big money Rolex events. Wish him luck.

I wondered when Matteo got to. Remember seeing him a few years ago and the kid had talent. If memory serves me correctly he struggled a bit with distance.

I saw a story about him on Golfing World last year, he was successful and had I think 5 wins in 5 years, so he decided to change his swing to hit a draw and get more distance, struggled big time ever since, shame.

I wondered when Matteo got to. Remember seeing him a few years ago and the kid had talent. If memory serves me correctly he struggled a bit with distance.

I saw a story about him on Golfing World last year, he was successful and had I think 5 wins in 5 years, so he decided to change his swing to hit a draw and get more distance, struggled big time ever since, shame.

It is sad that he’s not the first to chase distance and end up worse off. He was such a good player, despite being “short”.

Donald and kaymer did the same. The former has had other injuries and thankfully the latter reverted back to his trusty fade quickly enough to win again, but I guess being a winner is not enough - these guys want to win everything and that cutting edge is what makes them special!

Taylormade M2 2017
Mizuno MX700 3W
Titleist 909h 19*
Srixon U65 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

It is sad that he’s not the first to chase distance and end up worse off. He was such a good player, despite being “short”.

Donald and kaymer did the same. The former has had other injuries and thankfully the latter reverted back to his trusty fade quickly enough to win again, but I guess being a winner is not enough - these guys want to win everything and that cutting edge is what makes them special!

Agreed, and look back at IBF, great swing, great putter, wins British Open, chases more distance, game dies, never comes back....

Agreed, and look back at IBF, great swing, great putter, wins British Open, chases more distance, game dies, never comes back....

Possibly one of the saddest moments in golf was when he duck hooked that shot OB at St Andrews in 94/95. From where he had been a few years before to not been able to keep it on the huge fairway was such a rapid downfall. Really felt for the guy as seems a genuinely nice guy

• 2 weeks later...

S. Chikkarangappa is 2nd. I wonder what his full name is! :lol:

Got to admit, one of the things that I like about watching Golf is learning how to pronounce a name like Chikkarangappa. Makes me look very sophisticated and learned!

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

S. Chikkarangappa is 2nd. I wonder what his full name is! :lol:

Got to admit, one of the things that I like about watching Golf is learning how to pronounce a name like Chikkarangappa. Makes me look very sophisticated and learned!

Actually one of the easier names to learn.

Some Thai names are "almost" impossible for non-Thai speakers.