Why does everyone say Sabatini is a jerk?

Hit em good

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget Robert Allenby.

I would have Greg at my dinner table before Allenby.

Absolutely, lol!!!

I don’t know what’s worse, gettin rolled like a lil batch or almost decapitating yourself with a power saw??

I’ll take the power saw cuz I could turn that into a wild buck came out of the woods and I spun and slipped on the leaves and landed on the saw and still managed to ward off the deranged buck with one arm, lol

Plus, gettin Norman buzzed and listening to him rehash the incident, I could ask him if he believed in karma?????

Or better yet, askin him about his 1996 Augusta debacle, when even as he fell to the ground following his just missed eagle chip at #15 on Sunday(pictured), he had to have had that sick nauseous feeling when ya see everything happening right in front of you, yet ya can’t believe what’s happening, and there’s not a damn thing that you can do to slow the train as it’s like you’re one step to slow or 6” off.

Yeppers, I’d definitely ask Norman if he believes in karma.

I kinda doubt it though, lol

Those kinda guys always talk about “unlucky breaks,” lmao

All the Best to Yours for a ?Very Merry Christmas? and a ?Happy Healthy New Year ?

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Any other D1cks on tour?

Ive heard stories of Fred Couples being a total d1ck, as well as Lee Trevino, but Lee is my second fave golfer of all time so please nothing bad about him

Yea, Fred’s a dbag, though again, he picks who, where and when to be an arsehole with, much like Greg Norman and contrary to what a few guys thought, I have never based my opinion of him on the fact that he wrote his tele # on a golf ball and gave it to Madison, unsolicited I might add, cuz one, he had no idea that we were dating and two, and Madison will verify this, I’m the least jealous guy she’s ever dated, lol. I based my opinion on three separate incidences at our Club that I’ve posted prior, where he was arrogant rude and & insulting to three different Club employees, one of whom was a Club Icon, a senior locker room attendant, who gave us 62 years of his life and was a Prince.

Couples also insulted the Starter, a first year Apprentice and then one of our full-time assistants, both of who are super guys, and the Asst. also out drove Couples on 2/3 drives(they had to be in the FW) off our #1 tee(pictured). There were a bunch of members on the porch, behind and above the tee, and one said “atta boy” when Jamie’s drive rolled about 10yds past couples’ ball.

Couples, never said “nice ball,” “nice drive,” nothing and he turned around and said to no one in particular on the porch, “there’s a reason he’s folding shirts for a living and you paid to see me Play.” An older member who I love chirped, “Fred, we didn’t pay a dime to see you hit the ball, nor would I ever,” lol. I was in the locker room at the time though Madison was on the tee cuz she was in the group behind Couples and she said that it sickened her.

One of my barometers when I judge someone is how they treat those from “lesser” stations in life, and from what I saw of Couples across 4 years and three situations, he’s a spoiled entitled piece of.......

Madison, on the other hand, grew to like him and introduced him to her BFF, also a Pro, and they dated for about year and a half and while she was at her club in LA, she did a public clinic for kids at a park and one day when he was out to see her, he showed up unannounced brought like 10-12 pizzas? for ALL the kids and their parents at the park, not just those at the clinic. While they were eating their za’s, the ice cream truck pulled in and again, Fred bought ice cream for all of the kids/parents in the park, and Maddie’s friend said there were 30-35 peeps counting kids and adults.

It was unplanned and I’ll give credit where credit is due, lol. It was a nice gesture. The cynic in me at the time said that Couples did it just to impress Madison’s friend, though Madison reminded me of my own words that why someone does good is irrelevent, only that they do good.

I hate it when she throws my own words back in my face??

In my eyes it still doesn’t make up for mistreating others when they did absolutely nothing to deserve that treatment.

Maybe he’s matured, who knows, lol

Or maybe I’ve just softened like Gumby as I age, cuz I even have softened on Norman, and he is unequivocally hands down, the biggest Tour DBag that I’ve ever encountered, lolol.

Stay well?

RP

Yet another epic story. Richard, your stories are simply the best.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Sabatini was extremely rude to a waitress at Ko'Olina when I was present. Before myself or others at my adjoining table said anything to correct this behavior, her brother, an Offensive lineman for University of Hawaii that was bringing her a birthday present and overheard remark, told Sabatini, "apologize or go to the hospital, bruddah".?Sabatini tried to laugh off comment, when the brother wasn't having it, RS apologized and as we later found out, checked out early and moved to another hotel that afternoon.?

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I was playing with a local pro I know well and do some lessons with. He played 30 some PGA tour events in the early 2000’s. I randomly asked him who the most disliked guy on tour was, and without pause, “Rory Sabbatini without a doubt”.

Same answer when Howard Stern asked Jason Dufner the same question in an interview. Dufner didn't think long either.

Stern and Duf, that's one interview I'd luv to hear. Did Howard talk about Duf's ex?

Any other D1cks on tour?

Ive heard stories of Fred Couples being a total d1ck, as well as Lee Trevino, but Lee is my second fave golfer of all time so please nothing bad about him

Kuchar, Scott Piercy, Cantlay, Greg Norman, Michelle Wie, and Bubba can be. McIlroy has his moments. Spieth's caddie Greller is d*ck as well.

Absolutely, lol!!!

I don't know what's worse, gettin rolled like a lil batch or almost decapitating yourself with a power saw����

I'll take the power saw cuz I could turn that into a wild buck came out of the woods and I spun and slipped on the leaves and landed on the saw and still managed to ward off the deranged buck with one arm, lol

Plus, gettin Norman buzzed and listening to him rehash the incident, I could ask him if he believed in karma����???

Or better yet, askin him about his 1996 Augusta debacle, when even as he fell to the ground following his just missed eagle chip at #15 on Sunday(pictured), he had to have had that sick nauseous feeling when ya see everything happening right in front of you, yet ya can't believe what's happening, and there's not a damn thing that you can do to slow the train as it's like you're one step to slow or 6" off.

Yeppers, I'd definitely ask Norman if he believes in karma.

Those kinda guys always talk about "unlucky breaks," lmao

All the Best to Yours for a ��Very Merry Christmas�� and a ��Happy Healthy New Year ��

Richard

Not a huge Norman fan.

But the you gotta feel for him when he puts his head down on this shot I started here at 9:16

Absolutely, lol!!!

I don't know what's worse, gettin rolled like a lil batch or almost decapitating yourself with a power saw����

I'll take the power saw cuz I could turn that into a wild buck came out of the woods and I spun and slipped on the leaves and landed on the saw and still managed to ward off the deranged buck with one arm, lol

Plus, gettin Norman buzzed and listening to him rehash the incident, I could ask him if he believed in karma����???

Or better yet, askin him about his 1996 Augusta debacle, when even as he fell to the ground following his just missed eagle chip at #15 on Sunday(pictured), he had to have had that sick nauseous feeling when ya see everything happening right in front of you, yet ya can't believe what's happening, and there's not a damn thing that you can do to slow the train as it's like you're one step to slow or 6" off.

Yeppers, I'd definitely ask Norman if he believes in karma.

Those kinda guys always talk about "unlucky breaks," lmao

All the Best to Yours for a ��Very Merry Christmas�� and a ��Happy Healthy New Year ��

Richard

Not a huge Norman fan.

But the you gotta feel for him when he puts his head down on this shot I started here at 9:16

Choked

Any other D1cks on tour?

Kuchar, Scott Piercy, Cantlay, Greg Norman, Michelle Wie, and Bubba can be. McIlroy has his moments. Spieth's caddie Greller is d*ck as well.

Greller? Really?

Sabatini and Greg (Pga43)seem to get along well, not saying anything? just as a random aside?

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Lol seen too many instances following him at Canadian open alone to refute his jerk status. His playing partners hate playing with him, I’ve seen him have arguments nearly every round...multiple with ken duke of all people. Destroyed a few bunkers after poor shots. Walks ahead of people as they swing. General pissed off I hating being here face. Is that enough?

He’s a jerk, it’s not even a debate lol

Well surprise, surprise - OP getting exactly the thread he knew he would be getting.

Any other D1cks on tour?

Greller? Really?

I've never met the guy but know someone (a very nice guy) who is a friend of his and stays in touch and always has positive things to say. Never met Greller but I believe my friend, have to go with that.

Cuz he's a jerk ! :wave:

Yes he is - I spent 6 hours with him and have nothing good to say about him.

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

Any other D1cks on tour?

Yea, Fred’s a dbag, though again, he picks who, where and when to be an arsehole with, much like Greg Norman and contrary to what a few guys thought, I have never based my opinion of him on the fact that he wrote his tele # on a golf ball and gave it to Madison, unsolicited I might add, cuz one, he had no idea that we were dating and two, and Madison will verify this, I’m the least jealous guy she’s ever dated, lol. I based my opinion on three separate incidences at our Club that I’ve posted prior, where he was arrogant rude and & insulting to three different Club employees, one of whom was a Club Icon, a senior locker room attendant, who gave us 62 years of his life and was a Prince.

Couples also insulted the Starter, a first year Apprentice and then one of our full-time assistants, both of who are super guys, and the Asst. also out drove Couples on 2/3 drives(they had to be in the FW) off our #1 tee(pictured). There were a bunch of members on the porch, behind and above the tee, and one said “atta boy” when Jamie’s drive rolled about 10yds past Couples’ ball.

Couples, never said “nice ball,” “nice drive,” nothing and he turned around and said to no one in particular on the porch, “there’s a reason he’s folding shirts for a living and you paid to see me Play.” An older member who I love chirped, “Fred, we didn’t pay a dime to see you hit the ball, nor would I ever,” lol. I was in the locker room at the time though Madison was on the tee cuz she was in the group behind Couples and she said that it sickened her.

One of my barometers when I judge someone is how they treat those from “lesser” stations in life, and from what I saw of Couples across 4 years and three situations, he’s a spoiled entitled piece of.......

Madison, on the other hand, grew to like him and introduced him to her BFF, also a Pro, and they dated for about year and a half and while she was at her club in LA, she did a public clinic for kids at a park and one day when he was out to see her, he showed up unannounced and brought like 10-12 pizzas? for ALL the kids and their parents at the park, not just those at the clinic. While they were eating their za’s, the ice cream truck pulled in and again, Fred bought ice cream for all of the kids/parents in the park, and Maddie’s friend said there were 30-35 peeps counting kids and adults.

It was unplanned and I’ll give credit where credit is due, lol. It was a nice gesture. The cynic in me at the time said that Couples did it just to impress Madison’s friend, though Madison reminded me of my own words that why someone does good is irrelevent, only that they do good.

I hate it when she throws my own words back in my face??

In my eyes it still doesn’t make up for mistreating others when they did absolutely nothing to deserve that treatment.

Maybe he’s matured, who knows, lol

Or maybe I’ve just softened like Gumby as I age, cuz I even have softened on Norman, and he is unequivocally hands down, the biggest Tour DBag that I’ve ever encountered, lolol.

Stay well?

RP

Richard, where you been bro? I was starting to think Madison had locked you in the cupboard with the 8802’s!

I remember making a fairly harmless comment to Greg at a Pro Am down here years ago and he said to me, in this faux American accent “I’d like to drop a brick in your heart pal”. I still LMAO when I think of it. Forty years a professional comic and that is still the weirdest s*** I have ever had. Hope you are well mate.

Rob

I was playing with a local pro I know well and do some lessons with. He played 30 some PGA tour events in the early 2000’s. I randomly asked him who the most disliked guy on tour was, and without pause, “Rory Sabbatini without a doubt”.

Same answer when Howard Stern asked Jason Dufner the same question in an interview. Dufner didn't think long either.

Stern and Duf, that's one interview I'd luv to hear. Did Howard talk about Duf's ex?

Naturally. Someone posted a link to the interview a ways back.

I don't say that....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Rory Sabbatini has always been my favorite golfer - mind you, I went to see Alien V Predator 4 times at the cinema! :-)

Rob

I heard RS favorite movies be

Godfather III

And

Ishtar

I heard he likes to watch Gigli on a loop for hours at a time.

I heard that A New Hope is his favourite Stars Wars flick because he likes Jar-Jar Binks.

The man's a monster!

One of my barometers when I judge someone is how they treat those from "lesser" stations in life...

...Madison reminded me of my own words that why someone does good is irrelevent, only that they do good.

Two very good bits of wisdom there. I hope you're well Richard!

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Any other D1cks on tour?

Kuchar

Steve Williams

Hall Sutton

Kuchar's dad and his GD free shoes

Especially Greller - wears the beard to look more formidable.

Any other D1cks on tour?

Kuchar

Steve Williams

Hall Sutton

Kuchar's dad and his GD free shoes

Especially Greller - wears the beard to look more formidable.

I've never been a fan of Kuchar's simply because of his dad when he was doing the majors tour as US Am champ.

Why on earth would Halimony be a surly sort? :taunt: