2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos Γ—

Maltby TS2

Popeye64

I have to see for myself.

Β 

Order in tonight for 4 iron TS2 and 9 iron TS1, both 1 degree weak with DG 120 X100, SSx1, Blue Dri-Tac plus two wraps.

Β 

I know I will be able to hit the 9, so just need to feel how it plays. I am hoping I take to the 4 iron. The Ping i200 was close, I just need a little more. If the 4 is good, it’s all good.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I must admit the TS-2 has more off-set than I thought it would, but comparing it to my Forged Tec Blacks, the offset of both 7-irons are pretty close to

my eye.

I think it looks like more on the TS-2 when it sits next to the 8-iron which is the TS-1.

TS-1 is larger than a traditional blade, but has a great top line and the size compares favourably to my Nike Vapor Combos.

IÒ€ℒve got them assembled and will try to hit the range with the 6, 8 and PW this week-the 6-iron is the TS-2 model and 8 & PW are the TS-1.

The top line looks a little thicker than I prefer, but the more I look at it the less it stands out.

Great finish on each model of heads.

IÒ€ℒve got them shafted with the Modus 105x.

Just kneed to find a range with little to no snow:-)

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9Β°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br Β />TSi2 15Β°/AldilaΒ GreenΒ 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21Β°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50Β°, 54Β° & 58Β°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with AlphardΒ E-Wheels V2
Β 

Β 

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

I jammed a shaft into the TS-1 5 iron head the other day, and when I set it down alongside my 712 AP1 and my MP-4 5 irons, the size was closer to the AP1 than it was the MP-4.

I am looking for something with a slimmer sole width and slightly shorter blade length.

It did look good though. I liked the overall shape better than the MMB Black.

Β 

I jammed a shaft into the TS-1 5 iron head the other day, and when I set it down alongside my 712 AP1 and my MP-4 5 irons, the size was closer to the AP1 than it was the MP-4.

I am looking for something with a slimmer sole width and slightly shorter blade length.

It did look good though. I liked the overall shape better than the MMB Black.

Β 

Clubs always plant a perception when placed next to another club. I say put them in play. Often things like topline appearance don’t matter at all after a few rounds. Personally, I like a bit of heft in the topline. Gives a look of some meat behind the ball and makes me think about swinging easier with the long irons.

The top line is great, very thin. The transition from hosel to heel looks great. It’s the sole that’s big. I have been playing a set of blades for the last few weeks, because I wanted to play a set with thinner soles compared to my AP1’s. It’s been great, hitting the blades better than I would have guessed.

So part of sending them back was because this experiment has been working, and the soles are almost the same as what I have been playing.

I just placed an order for the TS-1 with the Maltby Pro Series graphite shafts. Looking forward to hitting them very much. Went with the TS-1 over 2 for looks, and the slightly lower COG better fits my swing (more of a sweeper than digger)

Β 

Of course, I couldn't stop there and ordered the UFW fairway wood club pack while I was at it...lol.

Β 

Β 

That UFW is a great fairway wood. I use the 7 occasionally and it's very easy to hit high and long. I hope it works well for you!

Β 

One compared to the other, the top line of the TS-2is much thicker.

Definitely not a subtle transition....

Β 

Β 

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9Β°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br Β />TSi2 15Β°/AldilaΒ GreenΒ 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21Β°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50Β°, 54Β° & 58Β°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Β 

Β 

Backups:

Side by side....

Rox

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Soles are similar.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Β 

Β 

Backups:

2024 Bag

Cobra KING LTDx (9*) - MCA Tensei RAW White 6S

Cobra Radspeed 3W (13*) - MCA Kai'li White 7S

TM Stealth Plus 5W (19*) - Project X Hzrdus RDX Red 75SΒ 

Cobra KING Tour MIM (4-G) - KBS C-Taper 120S

Sub 70 JB Forged FF (54,60L) - KBS S-Taper 120S

Odyssey White Hot Versa 7S

2024 Bag

I am on the record in many posts: I care far more about the sole than the top line. The sole hits the ground. The TS2 is unusual in a good way: A thicker topline but not a super wide sole.

The TS2 sole just glides through the turf. I’ve yet to fat one even in the soup. The topline may be a little thicker but its far from offensive and after the first round of more birdie putts you hardly notice.

2024 Bag

We have an unexpected change in weather pattern so I'm playing in a winter scramble on Saturday. This will be the first time I get these out on my home course. It will be really cold (low 26, high 44) but at least I'll get some direct comparisons with my career experience on this course.

Titleist TSi3Β 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw WhiteΒ / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6Β BafflerΒ Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22*Β / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / CobraΒ Supernova

The TS2 sole just glides through the turf. IÒ€ℒve yet to fat one even in the soup. The topline may be a little thicker but its far from offensive and after the first round of more birdie putts you hardly notice.

Β 

Thanks for the info and WITB pics.

They look sooo good l just ordered the rest of the TS-2 irons heads(8-PW) to have the full set. Then I can try the TS-1s to compare.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Β 

Β 

Backups:

Glad to have helped. Be sure to let us know how they compare.

2024 Bag

Too much hype and too many beautiful photos in this thread. I just ordered a TS-2 #4 picked and bent to 18 deg, so basically a build your own 2 iron. I'm going to stick it on a TT DG S300. Can't wait to hit this thing....

Β 

Wow that should be an interesting experiment. Would make for one hell of a driving iron. Please post up what you find.

Too much hype and too many beautiful photos in this thread. I just ordered a TS-2 #4 picked and bent to 18 deg, so basically a build your own 2 iron. I'm going to stick it on a TT DG S300. Can't wait to hit this thing....

Β 

Wow that should be an interesting experiment. Would make for one hell of a driving iron. Please post up what you find.

Β 

Thats the idea. Been fudging with the top of my bag so this is a great little opportunity to test out these beautiful Malty irons.

I played terrible today in 34 degree weather on 4 hours of sleep on a sloppy wet course with ice under the top surface of the greens. My swing was a mess.

Β 

Some takeaways...

Β 

Thin shots (I hit way too many in the muddy conditions) don't feel as "good" as the PTM (if you can ever call a thin shot "good feeling"), but results are comparable. I now believe these are as forgiving on thin shots in terms of result. They are definitely harsher on that strike.

Β 

The sole performs incredibly well in soft conditions. I had trouble staying down all day (see thin shots above) but when I did put a good move on it the sole controlled divot depth really well and they just glided through.

Β 

Shot for shot (now that I got to play my home course where I know how I would club with my PTM's) I think the TS-2's are longer. This will be interesting next season because they were slightly longer and it was 34 degrees out. In summer weather the gap may be even wider club for club. They are slightly stronger at the top end of the set but they (oddly) also hit the ball higher so I am getting more carry. This could be because of the lighter shafts (DG S300 vs DG 105 X100).

Β 

The combination of trajectory and spin results in approaches that hold greens very well. Early on with ice underlayer my group had some issues with approaches. My main playing partner is a 3 handicap and plays CF16's. I was holding the greens better with the TS-2's.

Β 

Still very impressed with everything about these but today was not a magical day with the new irons. My swing was a mess with every club, including driver and wedges, so it wasn't the TS-2's. If anything, they helped salvage the round.

Titleist TSi3Β 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw WhiteΒ / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6Β BafflerΒ Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22*Β / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / CobraΒ Supernova

I played terrible today in 34 degree weather on 4 hours of sleep on a sloppy wet course with ice under the top surface of the greens. My swing was a mess.

Β 

Some takeaways...

Β 

Thin shots (I hit way too many in the muddy conditions) don't feel as "good" as the PTM (if you can ever call a thin shot "good feeling"), but results are comparable. I now believe these are as forgiving on thin shots in terms of result. They are definitely harsher on that strike.

Β 

The sole performs incredibly well in soft conditions. I had trouble staying down all day (see thin shots above) but when I did put a good move on it the sole controlled divot depth really well and they just glided through.

Β 

Shot for shot (now that I got to play my home course where I know how I would club with my PTM's) I think the TS-2's are longer. This will be interesting next season because they were slightly longer and it was 34 degrees out. In summer weather the gap may be even wider club for club. They are slightly stronger at the top end of the set but they (oddly) also hit the ball higher so I am getting more carry. This could be because of the lighter shafts (DG S300 vs DG 105 X100).

Β 

The combination of trajectory and spin results in approaches that hold greens very well. Early on with ice underlayer my group had some issues with approaches. My main playing partner is a 3 handicap and plays CF16's. I was holding the greens better with the TS-2's.

Β 

Still very impressed with everything about these but today was not a magical day with the new irons. My swing was a mess with every club, including driver and wedges, so it wasn't the TS-2's. If anything, they helped salvage the round.

Those conditions just kill all the fun out of golf. Ball feels like a rock, mud spraying all over you on every shot. Ball plugging everywhere. But I head out in those conditions every time myself and after the second hole I always ask why. That's why I love simulators these days.

Built my 6iron TS1 and TS2 (recoil 660 F3), as stated above the topline is a major difference. I certainly like the look of the TS1 more coming from the DBM most recently. Have a bad case of the shanks, so I need to iron that out before deciding, but so far leaning towards the TS1. TS2 is 5-10 yards longer for me, 170 carry TS1 and 180 carry TS2 -simulated with skytrak.

Β 

Anyone have the FGT wedges? I was thinking that would go well shape/cosmetics with the TS1/TS2 set. I would probably get a 52 and bend to 54.

Built my 6iron TS1 and TS2 (recoil 660 F3), as stated above the topline is a major difference. I certainly like the look of the TS1 more coming from the DBM most recently. Have a bad case of the shanks, so I need to iron that out before deciding, but so far leaning towards the TS1. TS2 is 5-10 yards longer for me, 170 carry TS1 and 180 carry TS2 -simulated with skytrak.

Β 

Anyone have the FGT wedges? I was thinking that would go well shape/cosmetics with the TS1/TS2 set. I would probably get a 52 and bend to 54.

I briefly swung a customers FGT and really liked it. If you think you need them bent or expect to be adjusting loft go with the FGT as anything DBM finish is very tough to adjust

So, this just happened...

Β 

In my youth I got down to a 1.5 index. Lowest round was a 68, which I've done once. I have a few 69's. I've broken par twice in the last 8 years, the last time with a 69 in 2015. Most of the time I'm happy with something in the high 70's and I put plenty up in the low 80's.

Β 

Today I jumped out in between rain systems with my TS-2's and shot a career best 67.

Β 

Six birdies, one bogey. Four of the birdies were from iron approaches. One was a bunker hole out. The other was a par 5 that was driver/3W/wedge. I took a photo of the first close approach shot and ended up taking one of each approach that resulted in a birdie.

Β 

I have to say that the feel, sound, trajectory, turf interaction and overall performance of the TS-2 is top notch. Really top notch. The topline is literally it's only negative and I just don't care anymore. The DG105/TS-2 combination is just perfect. The only club design that can rival it for turf interaction is the Srixon series. I'm in love. Please, please, please don't be a honeymoon.

Β 

6-iron birdie

IMG_0386_zpsnkrwuout.jpg

Β 

5-iron birdie

IMG_0388_zpsgxp46hdb.jpg

Β 

8-iron birdie (so close to going in)

IMG_0390_zpswkwlagfr.jpg

Β 

9-iron birdie

IMG_0391_zps0yqytt7o.jpg

Β 

In my youth I got down to a 1.5 index. Lowest round was a 68, which I've done once. I have a few 69's. I've broken par twice in the last 8 years, the last time with a 69 in 2015. Most of the time I'm happy with something in the high 70's and I put plenty up in the low 80's.

Β 

Today I jumped out in between rain systems with my TS-2's and shot a career best 67.

Β 

Six birdies, one bogey. Four of the birdies were from iron approaches. One was a bunker hole out. The other was a par 5 that was driver/3W/wedge. I took a photo of the first close approach shot and ended up taking one of each approach that resulted in a birdie.

Β 

I have to say that the feel, sound, trajectory, turf interaction and overall performance of the TS-2 is top notch. Really top notch. The topline is literally it's only negative and I just don't care anymore. The DG105/TS-2 combination is just perfect. The only club design that can rival it for turf interaction is the Srixon series. I'm in love. Please, please, please don't be a honeymoon.

Β 

6-iron birdie

IMG_0386_zpsnkrwuout.jpg

Β 

5-iron birdie

IMG_0388_zpsgxp46hdb.jpg

Β 

IMG_0390_zpswkwlagfr.jpg

Β 

9-iron birdie

IMG_0391_zps0yqytt7o.jpg

Β 

Congrats Finch!

Excellent shots and a great score!

The clubs are wonderful but you still had to put some great swings on them for those results.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Β 

Β 

Backups:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

6-iron birdie

IMG_0386_zpsnkrwuout.jpg

Β 

5-iron birdie

IMG_0388_zpsgxp46hdb.jpg

Β 

IMG_0390_zpswkwlagfr.jpg

Β 

9-iron birdie

IMG_0391_zps0yqytt7o.jpg

Β 

Sweet!

Β 

IMO a bevel on the topline would help to make it look better. A little surprised they went with the chunky top line, but proof that the top line is meaningless as to performance. It really is a solid design!