Real or Counterfeit?

amitchell894 ·  
amitchell894amitchell894  85WRX Points: 46Members Posts: 85 Fairways
Just got a used Aldila RIP Beta off the bay. When it came in, I saw there was no skull logo or "Aldila" markings - only the appropriate RIP logo. I emailed Aldila, but haven't heard back... I'm not out much on it, but want to let others know if they are inadvertently selling fakes or to avoid buying from someone selling fakes. Pictures attached. Thanks for the help!
Posted:
PING G400 Max 10.5 Tour 65 s
PING G400 SFT 16 3 Wood Tour 75 s
PING G400 19 3 Hybrid Tour 85 s
PING I210 4-P KBS Tour C-Taper Lite s
PING Glide 2.0 50(ss) 54(es) 60(es) AWT Wedge
PING Vault 2.0 B60

Comments

• ZigzogZigzog  266WRX Points: 86Handicap: +2.8Members Posts: 266 Greens
    Did they make fakes of these, as far as anyone knows - would seem unlikely for me?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New Hampshire 24583WRX Points: 1,304Members Posts: 24,583 Titanium Tees
    You've done the best thing you can do by contacting Aldila but I will just say a few things.

1) Aldila was never known for consistency in it's graphics. Variations were quite frequent - especially when it comes to pre-aftermarket construction, prototypes, OEM variants, and tour variants or special requests, etc...

2) I wouldn't normally expect a true fake / knock-off to be so far off of the aftermarket graphics. They are usually much better at duplicating graphics than that.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.