Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)

Happy B'day to the DW. Continue to enjoy your travels. Dinner tonight, with the birthday girl and kids, gonna be lightening up the wallet a whee bit. Drinking more than the normal amount of wine helps lessen the impact.

Happy BD to the Mrs. Spending some $$? Reminds me of this one: Just don't be this guy :)

Ole and Lena were in a busy mall this weekend. Lena suddenly noticed that Ole was missing and as they had a lot to do, so she called him on his cell phone.

Lena said " Where are you, you know we have lots to do."

Ole said "You remember the jewelers we went into about 10 years ago, and you fell in love with that diamond necklace? I could not afford it at the time and I said that one day I would get it for you?"

Little tears started to flow down her cheek and she got all choked up…

"Yes, I do remember that shop." she replied.

"Well I am in the sporting goods store next door to that."

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Don't think I'll ever have to worry about being a world traveler as we're now four days in and I'm still on eastern time. I guess it's a triumph that I'm up at 5:00 am and not 2:00 am!

It has been pretty quiet as both kids are working this week, so we haven't done much more than walk to our favourite coffee shop for breakfast and then shop for groceries for dinners. DW is in her glory mothering the kids. She brought a gas fitter in yesterday to properly install their new gas stove with the required permit. An early Christmas gift to start them on their kitchen renovation.

The kids have taken today off, so not sure what the plans are other than going out for dinner tonight to celebrate DW's birthday. ������

Have a great time out West! Looks like we are in for a few very cold days.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

I'll second that on the Judge, when he's gone, it's just not the same, ORDER in the COURT!!!

Wow, I know I'm getting old,one of my employees today was talking today about some highway 77, and I said 77 Sunset Strip? and she said "What?" Then I remembered my Mom used to call me 'Kookie' when I was a little kid, based on this song, hahahaha

Before we moved to Australia we talked about the weather, I was saying how hot 75* was, DW said when you are acclimatised you will not think it’s hot, me never believed how 75* would not feel hot, after all 75* is 75*.

So we are now almost into summer and the temp should be rising but this year it’s all over the place. Last 24 hrs, overnight 64 today 77 and I want to relight the firebox we closed down weeks ago, it is COOOOOOOOOLD, wearing double layers to warm up.

Don’t know how you Grillers put up the the temperatures down to 30 and less, could not do it anymore.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Happy B'day to the DW. Continue to enjoy your travels. Dinner tonight, with the birthday girl and kids, gonna be lightening up the wallet a whee bit. Drinking more than the normal amount of wine helps lessen the impact.

Happy birthday to Mrs Fella, hope you are making her feel special, and the wine is flowing freely. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Happy BD to the Mrs. Spending some $$? Reminds me of this one: Just don't be this guy :)

Ole and Lena were in a busy mall this weekend. Lena suddenly noticed that Ole was missing and as they had a lot to do, so she called him on his cell phone.

Lena said " Where are you, you know we have lots to do."

Ole said "You remember the jewelers we went into about 10 years ago, and you fell in love with that diamond necklace? I could not afford it at the time and I said that one day I would get it for you?"

Little tears started to flow down her cheek and she got all choked up…

"Yes, I do remember that shop." she replied.

"Well I am in the sporting goods store next door to that."

my DW would say that sounds like me !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Apologies to I think it’s Fella, asked about the next painting and I did not reply.

What has happened is DW medical issues took up lots of time, sewerage issues fried my brain and removing the tiger grass has taken forever. This morning is the first painting day for a month, taken a while to get back in the mood, problems fixing the mood of my present painting as it is really important with this one. Hopefully I am now in a position to start the finishing process, next painting is already at the block in stage and board cut and prepped for the next one. All systems go from here on in.

(I hope.)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I'll second that on the Judge, when he's gone, it's just not the same, ORDER in the COURT!!!

Wow, I know I'm getting old,one of my employees today was talking today about some highway 77, and I said 77 Sunset Strip? and she said "What?" Then I remembered my Mom used to call me 'Kookie' when I was a little kid, based on this song, hahahaha

[media=]

[/media]

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Fella!

I recall that stupid Kooky song from way, way back.

I never liked the 77 Sunset Strip show, too young I guess. I saw it on reruns a few times. The expanded local stations carry it in the middle of the night, so I don't watch much. It's a pretty good illustration of a world that doesn't exist anymore. Guys driving Thunderbirds, smoking pipes, wearing suits and sports jackets with ties. And women that looked and dressed like women.

Did that world ever exist?

Just like Perry Mason, might as well be on Mars.

[media=]

[/media]

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Fella!

I recall that stupid Kooky song from way, way back.

I never liked the 77 Sunset Strip show, too young I guess. I saw it on reruns a few times. The expanded local stations carry it in the middle of the night, so I don't watch much. It's a pretty good illustration of a world that doesn't exist anymore. Guys driving Thunderbirds, smoking pipes, wearing suits and sports jackets with ties. And women that looked and dressed like women.

Did that world ever exist?

Just like Perry Mason, might as well be on Mars.

Many many changes and not all for the better.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Gentlemen. A confusion has developed because I didn't "quote" a post that I was responding to. It was Mrs. Scomac's b'day yesterday, not my DW.

"Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb". Loaded with Brylcreem ("A little dab will do 'ya"). How else you gonna keep that pompadour in place.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Happy belated birthday to Mrs. Sco!

Got home yesterday. Woke up this morning to my first day of retirement.....the air feels

different; better; my feet feel more firmly planted on the ground, yet light. A new and

welcome dichotomy.

Laid there in bed for short spell before getting up; just soaking it all in.....then up, coffee

made and figuring out what to do first. I am a creature of habit and like order in life. I have

a need to feel organized; a base from which a whimsical spontaneity can grow forth, if

that makes sense. Ha, I guess I said that already in the first paragraph; grounded light

feet.

Those of you that are and have been retired for awhile, have told us, no worries, there

will be lots of things to do...........and not enough hours in the day. I have not doubted that

at all. I have lots of things to do; perhaps too many, lol.

The difference I am feeling right now is that the urgency is gone. No doubt things will come

up that demand urgency from time to time. Apart from those, I am not feeling in a hurry to

do anything. This is different for me as I have always had limited time and had to get things

done quickly; things only made urgent by limited time and not in and of themselves.

It's too cold out right now, for me, to play any golf. Highs in high 40s, low 50s....lows in the

30s and a few nights, 20s. I don't enjoy golf in those temps; BTDT and a few holes in, wishing

I had not come. I don't play unless the temp is above 50 for most of the day. We get plenty of

days during the winter that meet my criteria. I'll wait for those "warm spells" to venture out

on the course.

As it is, I have a lot to catch up on at home; most of it outdoors. Once I get those things done

and am feeling more organized, I will turn my attention to golf.......and a few other of life's

luxuries. Weird as it may sound, I play better when I'm feeling organized at home. Golf has

never been an "escape" for me. Whatever my mindset is, I bring that mindset to the course

and it will affect how I play, good or bad. It's just the way I'm wired I suppose.

I wasn't an early riser on the road (unless I had to)but here I am, drinking my morning coffee,

up early and typing a post. Cobi is still sleeping.

If it makes you feel any better, Rad, I was never an early riser when I was working either. Now I'm almost always the first one up around here even though my DIL has an hour and fifteen minutes drive to work. Son is forty-five so they're located pretty much in the middle.

We had the herd in bed with us this morning; Mother Nature's alarm clock! They arrived about 5:30 or thereabouts. It's just amazing how much room can be created in a double bed when necessity is the mother of invention with necessity being a 65 lb. Border Collie and a long legged cat that purrs like a VW Beetle!

Dinner was very good. The wine flowed and as Fella had correctly identified the bill was large. But, that's okay as DW is most definitely worth it. Earlier in the day we drove up the mountain to Crown land to get a Christmas tree. Those old logging roads leave a lot to be desired if you have a wonky back! Following that we did a bit of a hike along one of the maintained rail trails for about an hour. The trail was a lot smoother than the road if truth be told.

The tree made it into the house, but that's as far as we got with that, although a few decorations have made an appearance. Not sure what's on tap for today, but I'm sure I'll have my marching papers in short order.

Have a good one gentlemen! :wave:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Got home yesterday. Woke up this morning to my first day of retirement.....the air feels

different; better; my feet feel more firmly planted on the ground, yet light. A new and

welcome dichotomy.

Laid there in bed for short spell before getting up; just soaking it all in.....then up, coffee

made and figuring out what to do first. I am a creature of habit and like order in life. I have

a need to feel organized; a base from which a whimsical spontaneity can grow forth, if

that makes sense. Ha, I guess I said that already in the first paragraph; grounded light

feet.

Those of you that are and have been retired for awhile, have told us, no worries, there

will be lots of things to do...........and not enough hours in the day. I have not doubted that

The difference I am feeling right now is that the urgency is gone. No doubt things will come

up that demand urgency from time to time. Apart from those, I am not feeling in a hurry to

do anything. This is different for me as I have always had limited time and had to get things

done quickly; things only made urgent by limited time and not in and of themselves.

It's too cold out right now, for me, to play any golf. Highs in high 40s, low 50s....lows in the

30s and a few nights, 20s. I don't enjoy golf in those temps; BTDT and a few holes in, wishing

I had not come. I don't play unless the temp is above 50 for most of the day. We get plenty of

days during the winter that meet my criteria. I'll wait for those "warm spells" to venture out

on the course.

As it is, I have a lot to catch up on at home; most of it outdoors. Once I get those things done

and am feeling more organized, I will turn my attention to golf.......and a few other of life's

luxuries. Weird as it may sound, I play better when I'm feeling organized at home. Golf has

never been an "escape" for me. Whatever my mindset is, I bring that mindset to the course

and it will affect how I play, good or bad. It's just the way I'm wired I suppose.

I wasn't an early riser on the road (unless I had to)but here I am, drinking my morning coffee,

Happy Retirement, Rad!!

If you're a creature of habit, I have a thought. Exercise. Doesnt need to be vigorous but maintaining some strength and flexibility is SOOOO important. If you do 15 or 20 minutes a day it'll pay dividends. Doesnt have to be a set routine. Stretch one day. Go for a walk the next day. Do some body weight resistance stuff the next. Take a day off then do something different. Make it a habit now, bro.

Or, not. Lol. It's your retirement.

Either way, I hope you and Cobi truly enjoy this next phase of your lives together.

welcome dichotomy.

feet.

on the course.

Congratulations Rad! You deserve it. Have you ever estimated how many miles you and Cobi have traveled? Sixty and I will soon join the club :) Looking forward to hearing your adventures. You will be an expert soon and can give us some tips. If you get the urge to drive again, head on out West and look me up for some more golf.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Hearty congratulations on your retirement Conrad. Well deserved after so many days spent in the cab of a truck driving cross country. Wishing you (and Cobi) all the best as you begin the next phase of your lives. First leisurely morning, relaxing, WRX'ing, contemplating the new reality. In time, being up early means your sip'n and type'n around 6 a.m. A participant of the early morning grille crew.

Nothing wrong with hitting the ground running. Or in your case, projects that you'd like to get accomplished. If the completion of said list of things to do brings organization to your life. I sorta prioritize my to do's: Need to be handled immediately. Should get done as soon as possible. Stuff to do when I get around to it. Very few tasks get placed in the first category. More are added into the last. As it takes all the pressure off thinking they have to be done now. And in golf season, frees up time space if I should decide to hit the links for a quick 9 (or18). Because it's to nice of a day to be working at something that could be put off until tomorrow. When I was a working stiff I was very organized, efficient time management, a specific structure for each day's tasks. Now, find myself blowing stuff off quite easily. Unless the Mrs. is chirping.

Missing the Judge as well. The band is fully together unless he's holding court. Yet another M.C. drive-by. What up?

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

welcome dichotomy.

feet.

on the course.

Enjoy your retirement. You will find yourself more busy now, even when you're doing nothing. You'll wonder how you found the time to work.

Remember, "Work is for people that don't golf." (Or at least wait for good weather to golf.)

The best day of the week is "Manana.) Tomorrow.

Congrats on the Retirement Rad ! Dont get anxious about the "honey do" lists,or the things you have wanted to do the last year,but had no time to complete them.

They will be there tomorrow. Or the day after. Take the time for You and your lovely lady to get used to the idea of both being retired,and go

for that vacation the two of you have wanted. That is how Nana and I started ours.. Now its a vacation every day !

However you choose to start, here's wishing the best for the two of you !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Went outside...took a walk down the drive to get the mail...(.2 of a mile..) back up the drive(,8 of a mile :rofl:) and it made me remember the first

couple years i owned this place...i use to run back up the drive,all the way to the garage on the far side of the house. Youth....

It is cold out there.weak sunshine,clouds starting to move in,33 degrees,feels like 29...wind is like a knife ! Like Conrad i think

i want 50 degrees with very little wind. Use to play all the way to 35...takes all the fun out now days when its cold.

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

welcome dichotomy.

feet.

on the course.

Good for you Rad. I'm very happy for you! I've got 99 calendar days, or 77 work days left. I know they will fly, so I will be looking forward to your reports as I am on the launch pad. Being a flyer, I was so taken by the story as told by former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney about him and former President George H.W. Bush at his eulogy yesterday:

Former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney gave the next eulogy, and recounted a conversation the men had over Labor Day weekend 2001. Mulroney said he told Bush that he had noted a shift in his mood "over the last eight years from a series of frustrations and moments of despondency in 1993 to ... high enthusiasm" as his family continued to achieve successes. Bush ultimately replied, "Brian, you've got us pegged just right," and took him to a plaque on the Walker's Point, Maine, property that read: "CAVU." Bush explained: "Brian, this stands for ceiling and visibility unlimited. When I was a terrified 18- to 19-year-old pilot in the Pacific, those, those were the words we hoped to hear before takeoff. It meant perfect flying. And that's the way I feel about our life today, CAVU. Everything is perfect. Barbara and I could not have asked for better lives. We are truly happy and truly at peace."

So, CAVU to you Rad, and all others here at the Grille who have retired so far. I think when you get away from work, it sounds like you get the opportunity you deserve to start living. In more modern terms, CAVU means Clear, and visibility unrestricted. That's good, so now you have everything before you, and you can make it what you wish. Take advantage of it for once, you can see everywhere, the open sky is the limit- enjoy!

Thank you all for the well wishes and advice/sharing. It is much appreciated.

I chuckled at Bill mentioning a vacation. A quite normal thing for a newly retired couple to take.

On one of those "I forgot my password" questions is "what is your favorite vacation spot?"

Cobi and I always give the same four letter answer.......................HOME..........LOL.

In the never say never category..............perhaps some day the travel bug will come along. For

now we are content to vacation here at home. We have owned this particular house for almost

15 years and I would guess I have been here at home for maybe 1-2 years total if I had the want

to add it all up (I don't want and don't need to know). I feel like I'm on vacation now. I have driven

somewhere around 4 million miles in the past 23 years. That is a staggering number and perhaps

best illustrates why I don't currently have the travel bug. :)

I chuckled at Bill mentioning a vacation. A quite normal thing for a newly retired couple to take.

On one of those "I forgot my password" questions is "what is your favorite vacation spot?"

Cobi and I always give the same four letter answer.......................HOME..........LOL.

In the never say never category..............perhaps some day the travel bug will come along. For

now we are content to vacation here at home. We have owned this particular house for almost

15 years and I would guess I have been here at home for maybe 1-2 years total if I had the want

to add it all up (I don't want and don't need to know). I feel like I'm on vacation now. I have driven

somewhere around 4 million miles in the past 23 years. That is a staggering number and perhaps

I understand. Mrs. scotee sends her greetings and congrats :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

I understand. Mrs. scotee sends her greetings and congrats :)

Tell her thank you! That was a special time; even more so now looking back.

Thats a ton of miles Conrad ! I'll have to ask my brother how many he had...he had a number on the Big R truck that was his.. I guess he had a lot accident free to have his name and miles on one. I know he was a road driver for them for over 25 years,and switched to the delivery end in Columbus area

for the last 8 or so that he worked. And thats when he got hurt ! He was in the trailer...slipped on the back of the bed, went off the end...his face hit the edge

on the way down,flipped him backwards,and landed and bounced twice...three weeks in hospital...six months recovery...still has no sense of taste or smell.

he is now retired and is loving it. Spends a lot of time at yard sales,and resells junk on Ebay !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Firstly let’s put right the enormous mistake.

Belated happy birthday to Mrs Scomac, I hope you enjoyed your celebrations.

Conrad Retirement completely screws with your mind, you take what was normal, scrunch it up into a little ball, throw it away and start all over again.

As you will soon find out retirement completely changes your perspective, whilst I always have things to do the difference is I no longer have to punch a time clock, start and stop times are fluid and the motivating force comes in a dress and lipstick. We were going to travel, go to the theatre, go fishing and many other activities, our reason for moving to the district we are now living was to be closer to the action, but in 10 years we have only been to one show and travelled into the city on a few occaisions, our priority is now our home, all our married life has been conducted elsewhere as with yourself. When we were short of funds I had three jobs, one of them a night shift in an engineering works, we used to meet for around one hour a day and I was shoeing horses weekends, family life was non existent. So now we are our priority, the house is our refuge and we enjoy every second we are here.

Take each day as it comes, plan so every day is fluid, enjoy the freedom retirement gives you and most important don’t forget to look after the most important person in your life.

Enjoy Conrad and Cobi you have earned it.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

welcome dichotomy.

feet.

on the course.

Congrats Rad love it when a fellow driver gets to retire. Hopefully I have a little more than 10 months. You know like I do what kind of "no driving 90 day wonder drivers we have out there now" Everytime I hear of one of the old schooler drivers retiring I think of the old George Jones song "Whose Gonna Fill Their Shoes?" To be honest I will probably never fully retire from driving unless I can not pass a physical. I get a kick out of driving a truck like I do it now. Done talked about it with the owner I may cut back to 3 days a week. Really it depends on what happens on my Wife's retirement. She turned 62 Wednesday and she has already put in her papers with the Union. Have been having some equipment issues lately none with the "Big Dog" Mack that 600 keeps kicking. Have had some trailer issues with my dump trailers. Minor BS but still maddening especially dealing with our so called mechanic and our tire vendor. Had a light issue yesterday with my first out trailer. Typical redneck fashion redneck engineered the running and tail lights to get it home. Second out trailer had a tire issue as in one of those idiots with the tire company had plugged a hole in the SIDEWALL for Pete's sake and on the inside to boot. I have never had a tire go flat on that trailer period. 10 miles up the road BOOM! air got between the casing and the cap and blew the cap. Found out what happened. The tire company blamed it on a guy they fired a month ago. Got to the Steel Mill late and called in yes my other trailer was fixed and loaded. Started out this AM and on the pre trip no lights and then it kicked the breakers. My boss came in and I showed him. The scalemaster that handles the loads etc said she ASSUMED my trailer was fixed and the mechanic ASSUMED the other mechanic had fixed my lights. They also had 3 guys from the tire company checking equipment on the yard for tire plugs etc. One of them said something to me and I told him there were no plugs in my tractor tires. Besides no one touches my truck especially my tires when I am not around . The owner of the company told them that. I told my boss that crap that was going on was going to make me retire early. The owner told me to go home and cool off and BTW he would pay me for 8 hours today. The owner told the tire guys he bet them $100 I had been under both of my dump trailers and really closely examined them since the plugged sidewall had been found. Yep I am the only one who drives that Mack and the only one that pulls those 2 dump trailers

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)