2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Question about TEE

Red4282

So im really close on pulling the trigger on a new TEE fairway wood, but i have a general question about their products. Ive been out of the loop for the last ten years so TEE is relatively new to me. Ive tried to do as much searching and researching as i can and im kind of shocked how this line of equipment almost gets ignored by the mainstream industry/media... is this just a $$$$ thing? I mean i can hardly find reviews on some of their stuff and even if i do its just kinda meh. Everyone on here raves about them and seems to have a cult following...someone please clue me in.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure about clarifying the issue of TEE focus for the group, but I will share my experience. I began playing golf in 1958 and was basically a good fairway wood player through my entire experience with wood fairway woods. When metal woods came in, I could not find a solid well performing 3 wood. I did have success with some clubs like raylors and the like, but not with metal 3 woods of that era.

Around 2012 I saw a used cb4 3 wood and bought it. It was the most solid and consistent metal fairway wood I had ever used, by far. It was so good I had my son hit it and he had the same feeling, so I gave it to him. I saw a cb4 4 wood in a store and bought that one. It was equally solid and almost as long. It was better from tight lies and rough so it was very welcome in my bag. I dabbled with other newer models and liked them all but still like the compact head and ultra solid feel of the cb4.

I think others hear have similar experiences and own TEE products as you mentioned. The tendency is likely to view those clubs as a solid part of my bag and I don’t need to focus on changing it out. Thus, it may get less discussion time or buzz on the newer models.

They make a product that flat out performs. I bought my cb2 5 wood preowned for pennies on the dollar. When I paired it with the correct shaft I have hit some of my best shots with it. I think they were ahead of their time in terms of materials they used. Now that faces and materials seem to be maxed out, you would be hard pressed to find better performing fairway woods. They also see a ton of play on Champions tour. I think that speaks volumes for those players know what has worked for them and are not necessarily chasing club contracts.

If anything can go right, it might!

Well like i said people on here rave about them. But a more descriptive example of what im talking about. I was down to choosing a ex9 tour or a callaway alpha 816. Both seem very similar and had the characteristics im looking for in a fairway. A quick youtube search and you find literally nothing for the ex9, but numerous reviews etc on the 816 alpha. I have also became a big fan of the TXG guys on youtube as well. They claim they are brand agnostic but dont think i have heard them say anything about TEE products which makes me a bit wary...

Well like i said people on here rave about them. But a more descriptive example of what im talking about. I was down to choosing a ex9 tour or a callaway alpha 816. Both seem very similar and had the characteristics im looking for in a fairway. A quick youtube search and you find literally nothing for the ex9, but numerous reviews etc on the 816 alpha. I have also became a big fan of the TXG guys on youtube as well. They claim they are brand agnostic but dont think i have heard them say anything about TEE products which makes me a bit wary...

Not sure what you want to hear to assuage your trepidation. I have a TEE 5 wood in my bag. Love it. Very dependable.

After reading a bunch of posts, I bought a tee xcg6 3 wood for 30 bucks. Best fairway I've ever owned and I've tried quite a few. Its not the longest but the consistency is un-matched. Reaching the green in two from 240 yards is now a high percentage shot for me. I don't know if its the tungsten sole weighting or the matrix shaft but this club is so easy to elevate off the deck despite its large profile and deep face. Im a Tee user for life.

They have the highest quality control of any company I have dealt with. They make great sticks. Just make sure you pair the shaft accordingly. A lot of their stuff is pretty low spin so depending on what you are trying to accomplish, you may need a higher launch shaft with more spin.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 degree with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
Callaway Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with AD-TP 7S
Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-DI 85S
Callaway X-Forged with Nippon Modus 105X 
Edel 51, 56, 60 wedges with KBS 610 stiff shafts
Scotty Cameron NP2
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

They don't pay anyone to use their clubs which hurts their chances of tour use.

I've owned their irons, driver, hybrid and fairways. It's the last two they shine at and I still own 6 of them.

Since you asked about fairways, my experience;

Original CB fairway - still own one and equal #1 for feel with cbx. The only thing I don't like is the shiny face, but super hot and easy to elevate.

CB2 - I sold this. Monster long but the hardest of all CB's to elevate off the fairway

CB3 - still own one. Sits the most open of any CB and is the easiest to elevate. Not the longest for me.

CB Pro - had to buy one as love TEE but sold it. The rails make it sit closed at address and the sound / feel were nothing like TEE standards, more like a hollow baked bean can

CBX - my gamer. Incredible feel and don't get put off by all the low launch low spin stuff, they are super easy to elevate

The hybrids are special too, the CBX has a cult following on the seniors tour where bags reflect players choice rather than $$s marketing deals for playing a minimum of x OEM clubs.

I started with an XCG7 Beta hybrid 19* in 2014 (bought from PGA SS, thanks Gio from PGA SS Schaumburg for turning me on to the brand)

Since then...

now I have fairways from XCG6, XCG7 Beta, E8 Beta, EX10 Beta, EX10 and CBX Exotics model lines

Driver is XCG7 Beta

Hybrids I have XCG7 Beta, E8, EX9, EX10 and CBX.

I've started buying some of their irons for lower loft 24* and below to try out (CB proh and CBX Ironwood).

You don't have to, but I have replaced the stock shafts with other shafts in true golfwrx ho fashion.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

I found TEE a few years ago and found that their CB2 15* fairway was a great compromise for my need of a tweener to a 13* fairway and a typical 15*. I've since added a sometime 13* CB2 into my bag as well as a 16* at times. Then I gamed a CB4 driver for a few years that was really simple and solid. Over the past 3-4 years when I went looking for something with a sub 65g shaft I found another TEE product fit me pretty well and all were had for fairly good prices used or on the bay. Great stuff

Titleist TSr3 8* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6
Titleist TSr3 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7
Sonartec MD 19* Fujikura Banzai
MacGregor Pro-M 4-P S300
MacGregor MT-Pro 52.6*, 56.12*, 58.12 bent to 59*
Scotty Cameron California Series Del Mar

Tour Edge was founded by one-time tour pro David Glod and has been around more than 30 years. TE designs its own clubs, and operates out of Batavia, IL west of Chicago.

TE clubs have a lifetime guarantee.

As for fairway woods, try out the Exotics EX10 and EX10 Beta (slightly larger head that works better for some). Their challenge FWs are the CBX, plus the CBX hybrids which are advertised as left-proof.

The EXS models have just come out, and I haven't seen any demos yet. https://www.touredge.com/

I played the old Bazooka 3W and 5W for several years, and later got the Exotics XRail 4W and 7W in 2013. (They are now in backup role).

I just bought the TE CB Pro Tungsten irons over Thanksgiving (see bag). I had hit them several times the past two years, and decided to get them.

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

Everyone keeps saying they don’t pay pros to play their clubs. I really doubt the 8 players on the “CBX hybrid staff” let them use their names for nothing. Granted, most of those guys had CBX hybrids in their bag before they showed up on their website.

Focusing on what players are using their gear and making it public is relatively new for TEE, like in the past year or so. I don’t believe they pay anyone on the PGA or Euro tours, though they’re out there. Snendaker has played a TEE fairway for years, may still do. Not sure what TEE’s tour use is like on Euro, Ladies, or WLD tours.

CB Pro - had to buy one as love TEE but sold it. The rails make it sit closed at address and the sound / feel were nothing like TEE standards, more like a hollow baked bean can

CBX - my gamer. Incredible feel and don't get put off by all the low launch low spin stuff, they are super easy to elevate

Interesting take on the CB Pro. I just rotated mine back into the gamer bag for a spell. Mine sits square at the absolute worst and i would call the feel and sound muted. Solid and muted. It's actually my fave TEE of all of them tho i haven't hit the current model. It elevates easily and goes for days.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

They don't pay to play

I'm using a TEE Ex10 Beta in fairways ... really like 'em.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Interesting take on the CB Pro. I just rotated mine back into the gamer bag for a spell. Mine sits square at the absolute worst and i would call the feel and sound muted. Solid and muted. It's actually my fave TEE of all of them tho i haven't hit the current model. It elevates easily and goes for days.

Most expensive and disappointing CB I have bought. It's great that you are loving it and I'm very happy to have moved onto the CBX.

• 2 weeks later...