Best CC Amenities

really like an onsite car wash service, massage/spa, good food options, active men's league, bar/mens grill in locker room, really nice to have unmanned courtesy areas like near range or 1st tee some common snack options coffee etc. also creating little traditions or common themes for members only and guests only things to make each day an opportunity to really creating a lasting memory for each respectively

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you want/need. I have no need to impress guests or clients with a fancy clubhouse, etc. Most important to me is a good championship course in excellent condition and a good game(men's group). Next would be a a men's bar/ lounge to settle bets away from women, kids, etc. Shoe shine and good locker room attendant also important. A nice practice/warm-up range that doesnt require a shuttle or long drive is also desirable.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

a club in Carmel, CA has large individual tiled shower rooms (as opposed to stalls).

one in British Columbia, Canada had a stocked trout pond next to the halfway house, with a dock, rods & deck chairs. (The halfway house had a chef who would prepare fresh sandwiches.)

what's the club in BC?

Sagebrush.

Apparently a stocked pond doesnt make a course as it's been a financial disaster for the past decade. Maybe the eighth time is a charm for the new owners.

a club in Carmel, CA has large individual tiled shower rooms (as opposed to stalls).

one in British Columbia, Canada had a stocked trout pond next to the halfway house, with a dock, rods & deck chairs. (The halfway house had a chef who would prepare fresh sandwiches.)

what's the club in BC?

Sagebrush.

Apparently a stocked pond doesnt make a course as it's been a financial disaster for the past decade. Maybe the eighth time is a charm for the new owners.

Yep. Wish I could play it. Supposed to be amazing. Guess I can though for $5.9mm CAD https://www.sagebrushgolfsale.com/listing-info/

This thread (so far) has been a good read. I'm a PGA Professional at a high-end private club in AZ and we're always looking for something new to separate us from other clubs and create memories. I'll be checking back here to keep reading what everyone has seen at other clubs across the country.

A few things that our club has that we're very proud of:

Car wash service

Full spa (anything from manicures to botox)

Gym

Kids Camp (everything from kids pool, to pop-a shot and ping pong to a full blown ice skating rink)

Tennis courts

Park with grills, picnic tables, ramada and kids playground

Dog park

Stocked ponds across the property

Halfway house with complimentary food item and adult beverage (when playing golf) that you can only get there

Comfort station with fruit, boiled eggs, cheeses, ice cream, chocolate covered almonds, trail mix, pretzels, goldfish, etc.

Men's grille with full bar and attendants. Shoe service as well.

Private showers

Steam room and Jacuzzi

Club cabins

19th hole for settling bets

I'm sure I may be missing a few but those are the major ones.

Ping G400 Max 9° - Tour AD BB6X
Ping G410 LST 14.5° - Ping Tour 75X
Mizuno HiFli 2iron - ProjectX LZ Tour 6.0 Hard Stepped
Mizuno MP18-SC 4-6 - DG 120 X100
Mizuno MP18 7-PW - DG 120 X100
Mizuno S18 - 50°, 54°, 58° - DG 120 X100
Toulon Garage Austin / Scotty PhantomX / Ping Vault 2.0

For those of you with CC memberships, or if you have some CC experience, just wondering about your favorite amenities...doesn't have to be gold-plated toilet seats or the like - more curious about the little things that make the experience more enjoyable. E.g. club-wide technology that makes tee times/golf games easy to setup and track or tournament styles that are unique, etc. Could be service-related; how members are taken care of, etc.

Always looking for ideas to pitch to ours to not only increase our member satisfaction, but also create memorable experiences for guests/visitors. Any and all experiences welcomed.

Some of the nicest things at our club:

Child care

Towels and water stations along the course

10th tee beverage and sandwich stand with free fruit

Every staff member is expected to you and your family by name and greet you accordingly

Barber in Men's Locker Room

Full Toiletries in the locker room.

Sports bar in Men's Grill.

Server's in Men's Grill knew my preferred after round order within a few rounds.

Staff knowledgable on the regular groups and tee times to pull clubs from bag room.

Monthly gratuity assessment to keep staff members happy and to keep tips from favoritism.

Plenty more, but this is many of things that make it great to be a member of private club.

This thread (so far) has been a good read. I'm a PGA Professional at a high-end private club in AZ and we're always looking for something new to separate us from other clubs and create memories. I'll be checking back here to keep reading what everyone has seen at other clubs across the country.

Car wash service

Gym

Kids Camp (everything from kids pool, to pop-a shot and ping pong to a full blown ice skating rink)

Tennis courts

Dog park

Halfway house with complimentary food item and adult beverage (when playing golf) that you can only get there

Comfort station with fruit, boiled eggs, cheeses, ice cream, chocolate covered almonds, trail mix, pretzels, goldfish, etc.

Private showers

Steam room and Jacuzzi

Club cabins

Wow. After reading this I feel like a member at a driving range.

There's something about a half-way house or a bin of something somewhere on the course of some kind of specialty. Something simple. But there's something innately welcoming about that little piece of hospitality which makes you want to come back.

Lookout Mountain : Halfway-House - BBQ

Kennett Square Country Club (Half-Way) & Tobacco Road (15/16) : Cold Apples

The Cradle at Pinehurst (in the middle of it all) : The Pinecone with all kinds of delicious cocktails

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

How about these besides it also has all the great golf items

2 miles of private fishing on a creek (fly fishing only)

Stock ponds with rods for the kids

Yurts that can be rented next to a stocked lake

electric mountain bikes, electric scooters, kids archery range, frisbee golf, paddle board lake.

how about a lifted decked out 4 door jeep wrangler you can reserve for half day and bring back empty and muddy!!!

winter there are, cross country skis, snowshoes, ice skates, sleds

I played Stonebrier in Dallas several years ago and they had a cigar room. That was wonderful.

I concur with the cigar room and a humidor. With a good supply of single-malt scotches and cognacs. A locker room attendant who washes your clubs and polishes your shoes. And I love those little pyramids of balls on the range. Clubhouse needs to be of classic architecture. I just like the look of older, stylish clubhouses... with verandas.

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

Car wash service

Gym

Tennis courts

Dog park

Private showers

Steam room and Jacuzzi

Club cabins

Wow. After reading this I feel like a member at a driving range.

Funny! So much for egalitarianism.

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

Car wash service

Gym

Tennis courts

Dog park

Private showers

Steam room and Jacuzzi

Club cabins

Sounds like a very nicely considered place. I like that you're taking the initiative to gather ideas outside of the bubble. Envious.

May I add that in my experiences at my club (old-style "value" club) and a select few more affluent clubs where I've been a guest, the "amenity" that stood out to me the most are:

Member-Guest Tournament. But more specifically, the "specialness/not so specialness" of the Member-Guest Tournament. I can't overstate how important it is for a club's staff to lose sleep over making this "the" most important few days on the calendar. Impress, impress, impress (whatever that means to you). Whether consciously or subconsciously, this event is what your members value the most and what makes them proud (or embarrassed), and what makes guests envious. It is your Masters tournament, your royal wedding.

Car wash service

Gym

Tennis courts

Dog park

Private showers

Steam room and Jacuzzi

Club cabins

I know which club this is and I've had the privilege to play it a few times. I won't say the name since you didn't but IMO it is the best course in the Flagstaff area even though it isn't ranked that way. We're considering buying a summer home at this course and joining. The only downside is that it isn't realistic to walk and that's pretty important to me overall. Nonetheless, I will say that in my times there as both a panelist and as a guest every single person that I've dealt with has been wonderful.

FWIW, my primary club and the place I will always belong to has very few of these things that people are talking about here. Yes, we have Pro V1 range balls, outstanding conditions and an absolutely exceptional staff but our clubhouse is small, the restaurant has great food but isn't open all that much. There's no halfway house. No cart girls. It is, however, by far my favorite place in the world to play golf. The membership is all about golf and the course is pure golf. I never once played with anyone there that I wouldn't gladly play with again.

I play at plenty of places where you have people cooking for you, huge clubhouses, etc, etc. I'll take my club every single time. This is not to say that other places shouldn't have those things or that I don't really enjoy them. I do. We belong to two other clubs that have things like child care, barber shops, men's grills with a sports bar or all of the food and alcohol you can drink every time you play. Yet, I never miss those places when I'm away from them. I miss the other place when I'm not there for too long.

Car wash service

Gym

Tennis courts

Dog park

Private showers

Steam room and Jacuzzi

Club cabins

I know which club this is and I've had the privilege to play it a few times. I won't say the name since you didn't but IMO it is the best course in the Flagstaff area even though it isn't ranked that way. We're considering buying a summer home at this course and joining. The only downside is that it isn't realistic to walk and that's pretty important to me overall. Nonetheless, I will say that in my times there as both a panelist and as a guest every single person that I've dealt with has been wonderful.

Thanks for the kind words, we happen to think it's the best in Flagstaff as well and we're optimistic the new ratings coming out in a few months will show that.

When was the last time you were up here? A lot of changes in the last 12-18 months and more to come this offseason that we feel will further add value to the membership.

As for you being a walker, you'd be surprised how many guys actually do walk. There are really only 2 green to tee walks where you need to stop and catch your breath (#3-4 and #16-17) in my opinion. Being at 7000' elevation doesn't help.

Ping G400 Max 9° - Tour AD BB6X
Ping G410 LST 14.5° - Ping Tour 75X
Mizuno HiFli 2iron - ProjectX LZ Tour 6.0 Hard Stepped
Mizuno MP18-SC 4-6 - DG 120 X100
Mizuno MP18 7-PW - DG 120 X100
Mizuno S18 - 50°, 54°, 58° - DG 120 X100
Toulon Garage Austin / Scotty PhantomX / Ping Vault 2.0

Car wash service

Gym

Tennis courts

Dog park

Private showers

Steam room and Jacuzzi

Club cabins

Thanks for the kind words, we happen to think it's the best in Flagstaff as well and we're optimistic the new ratings coming out in a few months will show that.

When was the last time you were up here? A lot of changes in the last 12-18 months and more to come this offseason that we feel will further add value to the membership.

As for you being a walker, you'd be surprised how many guys actually do walk. There are really only 2 green to tee walks where you need to stop and catch your breath (#3-4 and #16-17) in my opinion. Being at 7000' elevation doesn't help.

August. I’m glad to hear that people do walk it too. I’m not too worried about keeping my breath as I generally run 20-30 miles every week. I just haven’t seen anyone walking it but I’ve only played there 5 times. We’re planning on coming up before Christmas and looking at homes as an FYI. I’d rate the chances of us buying in the neighborhood within the next 1-2 years at >75%.

BTW, I’ve played every single course in AZ that has a chance of being ranked and I’d put you guys in the top 3 (Desert Forest and Desert Mountain-Outlaw are the other two). I just think it is an absolute blast to play and a top notch facility in every way. Keep up the great work. I can assure that members and guests notice.

Some things that my friends like about our club(or other clubs)/look forward to or have commented about:

-Shoeshine for dress shoes and for golf shoes (changing spikes) and placing in locker.

-Car wash & detailing.

-"Free" bar appetizers after a certain time at the bar (Problem is no other food service after said certain time.)

-Complimentary chilled water bottles on the course, especially if has club logo on them.

Things that I look forward at the club or when visiting other clubs (my perspective was that I played most my golf initially on publics):

-Those free logoed tees/ball markers/divot repair tools (Before I joined a club I loved getting these and was so envious of these free souvenirs.....now I have way too many)

-Comfort stations stocked w/ food make a really nice impression although I don't know feasible this really is, my traditionalist friends scoff however at the offerings at Madison or Kukio.

-My club has L2 chargers for electric cars (perhaps a Bay Area thing right now)

-High-quality range balls, proV1s will gather lots of attention & a nice tough not always practical, but like seeing nice full flight practice balls w/ club logo on them.

-I like the showers at new fancy high-end clubs, tend to be pretty nice. As noted in a prior post can seem like a separate changing room. There is a classic old-school club out here that has amazing water pressure. This kinda falls in the category of nice shower heads like at Merion/Winged Foot (Which I haven't been too sadly.....yet.)

-I think it's cool if a club as a specialty drink at the bar. My club has an IPA that is specially made only for the club by one of the local cool craft beer companies. A friend has told me that his old school cool club down the road is expanding their craft beer selection.

-I like 19th holes that have snacks, another old-school club nearby had a selection of complimentary popcorn, chips, nuts, trail mix, candy etc to munch on.

-the 19th hole at LACC is pretty cool

-I have seen this at 2 clubs: at the driving range complimentary ice tea and lemonade......which you can mix to make Arnold Palmers if one desires.

Post above wants someone to collect his shoes, stock showers, bring him drinks and sandwiches to his private area of the locker room, make custom lunches on the course and last but not least.......doesn't want to tip any of those folks.

Having worked at a club that has a no tipping policy I have to say it made for a much better working environment. You get a better hourly wage because a service charge is built into any purchase a member makes. You would still get tips from those who felt you went above and beyond what your job required which also improves membership, we knew everyone and their families which made the club less stuffy and helped make people feel like the club was an extension to their home. Now that being said there were those members who took advantage of this and would never ever tip even after you'd bendover backwards two times over for them, but I always said that after nearly five years there I could count the crappy members on one hand. I'm totally fine with a no tipping policy!