2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

2019 Ping Plans

Love my iBlades, before I got them I was able to demo everything in the lineup and the iBlade gave me the best results, now, I am in Afghanistan and have not been able to demo any new equipment, I will be going home for Christmas and will get to hit them, then compare to the iBlade.

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not in the golf industry but have been a long time ping user and fan. Am I imagining it or are they coming out with more models than usual and with greater frequency? I don't remember them having so many different sets in the past.

They use to never come out with new stuff except putters. And it was awesome! Long time fan myself and I did work in the golf industry, Their catalog had woods, Irons and putters (more emphasis on putters and this of course when the only had the Eye 2 and Eye 2 woods, in black and blond) lol. But it does seem like they come out with something new every time the wind changes directions. Drives me nuts.

It also seems like Ping keeps making the G series a bit more "playable" with reduced offset. The difference isn't much but I hope they don't keep ratcheting it down.

G series offset has remained constant since the G25's.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

I am not in the golf industry but have been a long time ping user and fan. Am I imagining it or are they coming out with more models than usual and with greater frequency? I don't remember them having so many different sets in the past.

They use to never come out with new stuff except putters. And it was awesome! Long time fan myself and I did work in the golf industry, Their catalog had woods, Irons and putters (more emphasis on putters and this of course when the only had the Eye 2 and Eye 2 woods, in black and blond) lol. But it does seem like they come out with something new every time the wind changes directions. Drives me nuts.

They have def brought out alot of NEW equipment recently with the G700, I500 and forged wedge but in regards to replacement equipment all that has been release was the 2.0 wedge i210 and the 2.0 putters.

I think everyone is getting the impression there is alot of new ping equipment hitting the market and on no special time line but it isn't the case I feel. It's simply new products not released already and then replacement of the above which have all been out for over 12 months

Is it really that much more tho. A few years ago they had G series, I series, S series, K series and anser forged in irons, thats 5 lines. Right now they have g400, i700, i500, i210, iblade, thats also 5 lines. even iblade 2.0 is different than blueprints, its still not all that different. In the woods, Ping might even be viewed as consolidating their lines since they used to run out G, I and K series, plus other lines like anser/rapture. Even in wedges, they had two lines with the standard tour wedges plus the eye2 line.

I agree it feels like more stuff, but is it actually, they have gone to an 18mo schedule it seems so perhaps that has had an effect, but maybe the bigger thing is that before a lot of players only paid attn to a couple of their product lines, but now their product lines overlap a lot more. For instance, the i500 and the i210 are in the same traditional category, forgiveness etc. but there will people that would buy the i500 that aren't coming from the i210. you will get some iblade players that like the lower offset and aesthetics, but want more distance, these are players that want a distance iron and more forgiveness than the iblade but never went to the i210 because of how it looks to the eye at address (and for some also how it looks in the bag), however the i500 they don't have to compromise on distance to get the shape they want. but you will also get some g400 players that go to the i500 too, players that want the same thing, a distance iron with a more traditional look, but in the past always just always made the opposite compromise opted for more distance over the look at address, so they went g series. That's also true for g series players that the offset helped in launch, but now the i500 is able to get launch without needing as much offset. Ping has made options available that weren't there before.

So perhaps the interesting thing about Ping's new lineup is the distinctions aren't as stark as they used to be, there's a lot more crossover between types of players that might use the different models than before. So they are giving us all more to think about when deciding which one we like.

There are more iron heads in their line up than I can ever remember...

Ping G410

Ping G700

Ping 1500

Ping iBlade

Ping i210

and currently a forged blade on tour right now...

am i missing anything?

I keep thinking the same thing. Too many I think.

Good point. I think the total irons is okay, but the categories aren’t correct. I think they could have gone with two players irons (iBlade and i500) two mid irons (i210 and something else) and one game improvement (g410).

Is the I500 considered to be more of a players iron than the I210's?

I'm not exactly understanding how the consumer (us) are suffering by Ping having released so many new irons. They've brought out some really innovative stuff to choose from and I hadn't considered a Ping iron in decades until the i500. I'll also be ordering the "blueprint" the day it's available. If they want to offer more variety, overlapping series don't bother me a bit as long as one of them fits. A few of their latest offerings are in categories that didn't even exist a few years ago so I, for one, am not complaining.

It also seems like Ping keeps making the G series a bit more "playable" with reduced offset. The difference isn't much but I hope they don't keep ratcheting it down.

G series offset has remained constant since the G25's.

By "numbered club" it is very similar (the same or within 0.01). But loft for loft, I think it has gone down (ie the 29 degree iron has less offset in the newer models). I've looked at it the second way - maybe better to look at it by club (although now I think I need 1 fewer irons in a new set)?

At the end of the day, they just have 3 lines of irons:

Game Improvement: G700 (hollow) and G400 (cast)

Players: i500 (hollow) and i210 (cast)

Blades: Blueptrint (hollow ??) and iBlades

One line of woods G:

G400 SFT, G400, G400 LST and G400 Max

Two (three??) lines of blades:

Glide 2.0

Glide 2.0 Stealth

Glide Forged

And then the putters.

Doesn't look too much or too confusing, when you know what you are talking about

Yes, they could easily remove one version in each category and cut costs significantly

I completely disagree. Players using a G700 would not just jump onto a G400 iron or the other way. I used to play G400 but would never game G700, I now game i500 but would not game the i210.

Why is everyone else allowed bulk irons but ping not?

TaylorMade have 7 irons

Cobra have 7 irons

Titleist have 6 irons

Callaway have 11 irone

Ping have 5 irons - 6 including the proto blade

Yes, they could easily remove one version in each category and cut costs significantly

Ping is a hugely profitable, valuable, privately owned company. I'm not sure that they're interested in "cutting costs" as much as increasing sales and broadening their market share with the best products they can design and build. In the mid to late 70's well into the 80's, Ping had some ridiculous share of the entire worldwide golf club/putter market; I've read that it was as high as 80% during the peak years. It looks like they're returning to their roots by leading in cutting edge design and engineering again. Ping is doing just fine. The family is one of the world's wealthiest....not worried about money, or shareholders, or boards of directors, or bankers but rather about adding to Karsten's legacy.

It astounds me how many people on here care about the number of iron models an OEM offers.

Right. It's like being upset that the grocery store carries 2 brands of Mac and Cheese....

I'm a firm believer in grocery stores only carrying one brand of Mac and Cheese. Kraft makes a great Mac and Cheese. Is it really necessary to carry any other? As far as golf clubs go, I could care less how many they offer. But don't mess with a man's Mac and Cheese.

There are more iron heads in their line up than I can ever remember...

Ping G410

Ping G700

Ping 1500

Ping iBlade

Ping i210

and currently a forged blade on tour right now...

am i missing anything?

I keep thinking the same thing. Too many I think.

Good point. I think the total irons is okay, but the categories aren’t correct. I think they could have gone with two players irons (iBlade and i500) two mid irons (i210 and something else) and one game improvement (g410).

Is the I500 considered to be more of a players iron than the I210's?

No.

How about when the ISI & ISI-K irons came out in 3 different metals-?

Hit everything yesterday official, had hit the iron about two weeks ago. Ping will be having a great season this year. G410 irons look great, not even close to the 400 it replaces. Adjustable hybrids. And the Crossover finally looks like a Blueptint driving iron.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

How about when the ISI & ISI-K irons came out in 3 different metals-?

Mind= BLOWN

Hit everything yesterday official, had hit the iron about two weeks ago. Ping will be having a great season this year. G410 irons look great, not even close to the 400 it replaces. Adjustable hybrids. And the Crossover finally looks like a Blueptint driving iron.

So is it true the G410 offset is substantially less than the 400?

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Where did you hear that? I'm intrigued by the g410s for sure. I know we likely won't get a full release until the PGA Show but what are the chances we at least get some spyshots before then?

Where did you hear that? I'm intrigued by the g410s for sure. I know we likely won't get a full release until the PGA Show but what are the chances we at least get some spyshots before then?

Somewhere in one of these Ping threads, a poster said he had seen the entire 410 line as well as a Ping presentation, and that one of the points the Ping rep mentioned was less offset in the G410 irons compared to the G400 (and G, G30 and G25, as it really has not changed. And the figure the poster used was 50 percent less. If so, that makes the 410 more appealing to me and I am eager to see if it is true. I like the G line but in the longer irons the offset is very visible and a little too much for me.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches