2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

SuperSpeed Golf training system

For guys who have used the superspeed system, do you use it at home or at the range? If you do the reps at home, how do you warm up prior to starting a session? Thanks for your help.

At home, and they have a dynamic warmup they provide (on their website) which I do. It's like 13 or 14 movements to get loosened up.

https://superspeedgolf.com/get-started/

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

What has everyone found works best or provides the most consistency with placement of the swing speed radar? I've been testing it out hitting some balls with 7i and I'm getting some variances. Been anywhere from low 80s to 105mph on full swings. I would guess somewhere in the 89-91mph is probably my average (I did a fitting and my 6i hovered around 93mph.

I was using what the manual recommended - in line with player/ball, angled toward where the club is coming from and closer to vertical so the unit isn't looking "up" as much.

Thanks in advance.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

What has everyone found works best or provides the most consistency with placement of the swing speed radar? I've been testing it out hitting some balls with 7i and I'm getting some variances. Been anywhere from low 80s to 105mph on full swings. I would guess somewhere in the 89-91mph is probably my average (I did a fitting and my 6i hovered around 93mph.

I was using what the manual recommended - in line with player/ball, angled toward where the club is coming from and closer to vertical so the unit isn't looking "up" as much.

Thanks in advance.

Just FYI the SSR is terrible at picking up irons for whatever reason. Far more consistent with woods/driver and even better with the SSG sticks since they don't have variations in the rate of face closure.

Thanks in advance.

Just FYI the SSR is terrible at picking up irons for whatever reason. Far more consistent with woods/driver and even better with the SSG sticks since they don't have variations in the rate of face closure.

Thanks I guess that explains the ~20mph variance I was seeing with the 7i.

Going to try to get my first session of superspeed with the radar today, we'll see how that goes.

Do any of you usually record a driver swing hitting a ball before/after doing the protocol?

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Now since some are saying he radar they supply is not the best with normal irons, is there a better option to buy that will work within a similar price range?

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Just finished making my sticks. Couldn’t get hold of calibration weights at a decent price so I improvised. I used some old wrench sockets of different sizes, poured molten lead into them before drilling out to install shaft.

Managed to get 4 Taylormade hybrid shafts for £4 each uncut. Had some copies of golf pride mcc grips so I am in for less than £20.

The sticks have come out at 275g, 330g and 420g.

Looking forward to getting started.

Could someone please post the instructions for setting up the radar correctly? I don't have them

Hopefully this is readable

aOl8Eb7.jpg

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

So I really haven't done an actual full week of SSG in 4 weeks now. Just hit the Trackman on Friday and I'm still getting solid drives to 300 still. Speed average really hasn't dropped, although my maximum is lower by about 4mph. In early November I maxed of GCQ at 117 (so probably equal to Trackman 111 or 112) and last Friday about a month later I maxed around 108... But I was pretty much a constant 106-107. Even saw 3w get up to 104. My max ballspeed now is 160, whereas 4 weeks ago I had a few 164's and one 165. Managed to tag one and got one out to 320. Felt goooooood.

Very cool to see that even doing SSG phase one has seemed to be "locked in" for now. I continue to use the sticks 1x per week to maintain but I will not move on to phase 2 til next spring. Very happy.

So I really haven't done an actual full week of SSG in 4 weeks now. Just hit the Trackman on Friday and I'm still getting solid drives to 300 still. Speed average really hasn't dropped, although my maximum is lower by about 4mph. In early November I maxed of GCQ at 117 (so probably equal to Trackman 111 or 112) and last Friday about a month later I maxed around 108... But I was pretty much a constant 106-107. Even saw 3w get up to 104. My max ballspeed now is 160, whereas 4 weeks ago I had a few 164's and one 165. Managed to tag one and got one out to 320. Felt goooooood.

Very cool to see that even doing SSG phase one has seemed to be "locked in" for now. I continue to use the sticks 1x per week to maintain but I will not move on to phase 2 til next spring. Very happy.

Thanks for the update and congrats on seeing the numbers stick .

What was your average driver balls peed before you started the program ?

Thanks

Just finished making my sticks. Couldn't get hold of calibration weights at a decent price so I improvised. I used some old wrench sockets of different sizes, poured molten lead into them before drilling out to install shaft.

Managed to get 4 Taylormade hybrid shafts for £4 each uncut. Had some copies of golf pride mcc grips so I am in for less than £20.

You sir are epic. (though aren't they a bit heavy?)

2014 Low 2.9
2015 Low 2.6
2016 Low 2.1
2017 Target 1.4
2018 Target 0.4
2019 Target +15
Current 0.2

I just got the radar last Friday and couldn't get the numbers anywhere close to what I was expecting. Definitely didn't have it positioned correctly.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

I just got the radar last Friday and couldn't get the numbers anywhere close to what I was expecting. Definitely didn't have it positioned correctly.

Same for me last night. Going to do some trial and error again today when I do my first session with the radar

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Thanks

Before I started SSG my ball speed average was about 153-155 with driver.

Those are now my 3w ball speeds on good hits.

So overall I've gained an average (on good hits I must stress) of 5-7mph with a max of about 10-12mph. Before SSG my max drive on the monitor had me around 285. My max during my fitting was 317 or so. Basically I gained about 40 yards on my max with an average gain about 15 or so.

My main downfall is that I'm still struggling with consistent contact, so say I have 10 swings with my driver, I'd have 2 about 300 to 305, then maybe 5 or 6 around 285, then a few duds. I'm working hard to get 6/10 or better around that 300 mark. Then some day in the future once I've really honed my technique and gotten rid of all my major swing faults, I'd look to be around 310on all my swings, with a max closer to 330-340.

Just finished making my sticks. Couldn't get hold of calibration weights at a decent price so I improvised. I used some old wrench sockets of different sizes, poured molten lead into them before drilling out to install shaft.

You sir are epic. (though aren't they a bit heavy?)

Possibly a bit heavy. I was aiming for the weights in post #41. I couldn’t find the weights of the originals.

I do have a fair but of scope to remove lead from them by drilling.

Anyone advise what weights I should be going for?

Thanks

So overall I've gained an average (on good hits I must stress) of 5-7mph with a max of about 10-12mph. Before SSG my max drive on the monitor had me around 285. My max during my fitting was 317 or so. Basically I gained about 40 yards on my max with an average gain about 15 or so.

My main downfall is that I'm still struggling with consistent contact, so say I have 10 swings with my driver, I'd have 2 about 300 to 305, then maybe 5 or 6 around 285, then a few duds. I'm working hard to get 6/10 or better around that 300 mark. Then some day in the future once I've really honed my technique and gotten rid of all my major swing faults, I'd look to be around 310on all my swings, with a max closer to 330-340.

Thanks for the info . sounds promising . got my sticks made . just need to drill out a little for my heavy stick , the other two are complete.

Thanks

Thanks for the info . sounds promising . got my sticks made . just need to drill out a little for my heavy stick , the other two are complete.

Only reason I didn't make my own was because if they broke/snapped I wanted to have somebody to hold liable. Making them myself and sending a 290g weight hurling into my neighbors window at 120mph doesn't sound as good if I as the one who built it ;-P

Enjoy.

First session with the swing speed radar and 2nd session overall - I did 1st session last week on Wednesday and was going to do Friday but figured better to wait for the radar and get my baseline numbers and start again. Definitely learning that I've got wasted motion/effort because some things I feel like are adding all the power I have makes it slow down. Also learning I'm damn near incapable of swinging left handed, man it feels like a disaster when I am swinging left handed. Anyway, figured I'd put up my numbers and share updates along the way like others have.

I didn't really lay out any specific goals, as I am really just going to be happy with any increase in ball speed and distance. I hit it long enough, not WRX long, but long enough for the courses and events I play in. However, I'd certainly love to get to that 300-310 total distance average. I'd guess I average somewhere around 280-285 total distance now.

I got in a hurry over my excitement to use the radar and totally forgot to record my driver speed hitting a ball prior to beginning. So, I'm using my average from my last driver fitting as a stand in.

Driver speed before SuperSpeed = 108mph

12/10/18 - Intro protocol

Standing

Right Left

Gr Bl Re Gr Bl Re

120 114 110 100 97 94

Step Change

Right Left

Gr Bl Re Gr Bl Re

121 118 111 103 97 97

Standing/dominant side only, lightest

Driver speed after SuperSpeed = 113mph

I'm feeling pretty excited about what I'll see 6 weeks from now.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Does anyone have an excel template they use to track their SSG results?

PM me your email I’ll send one to you.

I sent a PM, I'm interested as well if you're willing to share.

I'd like one as well please.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Thanks

Only reason I didn't make my own was because if they broke/snapped I wanted to have somebody to hold liable. Making them myself and sending a 290g weight hurling into my neighbors window at 120mph doesn't sound as good if I as the one who built it ;-P

Enjoy.

I completely understand. will be doing it in my basement inside my simulator cage , worst that happens is a hole in my screen .

Now I have to figure out if I am going to stick with the set up of 20% under , 10% under and 5% over comparing to my actual driver weight .

my driver weight is 335 grams and that is the heavy stick when you buy from ssg , seems like that would not be heavy enough for me .

I saw some improvement the first week I had the radar...went +6 in one week with the green stick...and today I'm right back where I was last Monday. Not fun.

Although easier said than done, don't get discouraged. There are plenty of times where some of my swings were slower than the previous week. Just keep at it and you will gain in the long run.

Food for thought: Don't expect your gains with the lightest stick to translate over to your swing. For example, I gained ~8-10mph with the green sticks from the first week, but my swing speed probably increased ~2-3mph on average if I had to guess, though a bit more on maxed swings. It's a great system nonetheless.

I would advise taking a couple days off every once in awhile as well. Another member here mentioned that to me and it definitely helps. It's actually pretty tough on your body, so recovery is key.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

my driver weight is 335 grams and that is the heavy stick when you buy from ssg , seems like that would not be heavy enough for me .

Why is your driver so heavy? Steel shaft?

That’s not so heavy. Mine is 336g - 55g grip, 74g shaft, 6g adapter and 201g headweight.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona