(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)

apple_crumble

Famous victory against a side that is useles. Congrats ?

Sorry but that's what u get you're season ticket for ffs! Games that will be talked about for years. Irrelevant that it was Newcastle, a team completely down managed to pull something around with heart and grit. Gave the suffering supporters something finally to cheer about. U ited had a back 2 of smalling and pogba ffs, and won from 2-0 down. United at present time are crap, so a little cheer is greatly appreciated. But the scousers just can't say well done and are bitter to the core... Listening the the London glory hunting scouse dimwit cascarino on talksport this people is fantastic. Can tell he was so desperate for united to drop points so he can spend hours slagging them off this morning. Everyone else just enjoyed an unbelievable 2nd half of footy.

Will only last a few weeks then Jose will be gone soon enough, but that yesterday was just unbelievable to he part of.... That's why we love the game

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really nervous for tomorrows game. I just hope we don't get embarrassed and can make a half way decent showing.

On a more positive note I'm really happy that Luke Shaw signed an extension, been our best player by far and is finally getting a good run under Jose and showing that he has what it takes.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

I'm really nervous for tomorrows game. I just hope we don't get embarrassed and can make a half way decent showing.

On a more positive note I'm really happy that Luke Shaw signed an extension, been our best player by far and is finally getting a good run under Jose and showing that he has what it takes.

Was in shock when united went 2-1 up, awful 1st half again but 2nd half United played some really good stuff. Gutted about the late goal but the performances are getting there. Bit by bit it's getting there

Was in shock when united went 2-1 up, awful 1st half again but 2nd half United played some really good stuff. Gutted about the late goal but the performances are getting there. Bit by bit it's getting there

I feel the same way. after the first I had no expectations for the second half. I really liked what I saw though. It was nice to see some fight in them again. Martial looked great and I hope he can continue getting game time. Alexis looked dreadful in his few minutes and Matic looks like he needs some rest. Hopefully we can put in a full 90 the way we played the second half against Juventus tomorrow.

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

I feel the same way. after the first I had no expectations for the second half. I really liked what I saw though. It was nice to see some fight in them again. Martial looked great and I hope he can continue getting game time. Alexis looked dreadful in his few minutes and Matic looks like he needs some rest. Hopefully we can put in a full 90 the way we played the second half against Juventus tomorrow.

Juve... Yikes, they've broken the seria a record this weekend. Look brilliant at the moment, take a draw right now if offered

• 3 weeks later...

After some decent outings lately, yesterday was very disappointing and somewhat expected. I get why Fellaini was in there but the lack of mobility in the midfield between him and Matic was a killer and our defense really seemed to struggle. City really put on a clinic and showed how far behind we are falling tactically.

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

After some decent outings lately, yesterday was very disappointing and somewhat expected. I get why Fellaini was in there but the lack of mobility in the midfield between him and Matic was a killer and our defense really seemed to struggle. City really put on a clinic and showed how far behind we are falling tactically.

Far behind in most things to be fair.... Except support, City will never ever be on uniteds level. Could have been messy, 3-1 seems like a result

Arise Sir Kenny

He stood with a city on his shoulders that nearly broke him. Not a more deserving man on the planet.

Sir Kenny Dalglish receives knighthood for heroics on and off the field

The Scot has been recognised for services to football and his efforts in supporting the families of Hillsborough victims

The Scot has been recognised for services to football and his efforts in supporting the families of Hillsborough victims

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish has received his knighthood from the Prince of Wales in recognition of an outstanding career on and off the pitch.

Daglish won three European Cups in seven years with Liverpool, and as a manager earned top-flight league championship titles with the Anfield club and Blackburn Rovers.

His off-field heroics include supporting the families of the Hillsborough disaster and his charity work with his wife Marina which has raised more than £10million.

When the announcement was made in June, Dalglish admitted he thought the letter was from the taxman.

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish is knighted by the Prince of Wales (Image: PA)

Dalglish was honoured for his services to football and charity (Image: PA)

“I got a letter through the door. I thought it was the taxman!” he said.

“I saw a wee bit of the crown but as I went to open it the door bell went so I said to Marina, ‘here’ and she went, ‘Ooooh…’ That was it.

“It is some journey, aye. You start off in your life just hoping to be a footballer.

"You become a footballer and have a bit of success in the football world and that seems to give you a platform to go on to other things.

“We (with wife Marina) only set out to do the best we possibly could, even through all the other stuff. The charity or Hillsborough; it was to help people because somebody helped us.

Steve Nicol, Kenny Dalglish, Alan Hansen, Gary Gillespie, and Greaeme Souness celebrate with the trophy after winning the UEFA European Cup Final

Dalglish won three European Cups with Liverpool (Image: Liverpool FC

“You start off with your parents and they put you on the right road. Then the football; you couldn't get any better tutors than Jock Stein and Bob Paisley.

“People might say they didn’t get a recognition like this. I wouldn't get into a discussion about that but I’m not saying I’m any more deserving than those two great men.

“Someone has thought it was fitting for me to get it and that’s all we can deal with at the moment. We are hugely proud to have got this accolade.”

Arise Sir Kenny

He stood with a city on his shoulders that nearly broke him. Not a more deserving man on the planet.

Sir Kenny Dalglish receives knighthood for heroics on and off the field

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish has received his knighthood from the Prince of Wales in recognition of an outstanding career on and off the pitch.

Daglish won three European Cups in seven years with Liverpool, and as a manager earned top-flight league championship titles with the Anfield club and Blackburn Rovers.

His off-field heroics include supporting the families of the Hillsborough disaster and his charity work with his wife Marina which has raised more than £10million.

When the announcement was made in June, Dalglish admitted he thought the letter was from the taxman.

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish is knighted by the Prince of Wales (Image: PA)

Dalglish was honoured for his services to football and charity (Image: PA)

“I got a letter through the door. I thought it was the taxman!” he said.

“I saw a wee bit of the crown but as I went to open it the door bell went so I said to Marina, ‘here’ and she went, ‘Ooooh…’ That was it.

“It is some journey, aye. You start off in your life just hoping to be a footballer.

"You become a footballer and have a bit of success in the football world and that seems to give you a platform to go on to other things.

“We (with wife Marina) only set out to do the best we possibly could, even through all the other stuff. The charity or Hillsborough; it was to help people because somebody helped us.

Steve Nicol, Kenny Dalglish, Alan Hansen, Gary Gillespie, and Greaeme Souness celebrate with the trophy after winning the UEFA European Cup Final

Dalglish won three European Cups with Liverpool (Image: Liverpool FC

“You start off with your parents and they put you on the right road. Then the football; you couldn't get any better tutors than Jock Stein and Bob Paisley.

“People might say they didn’t get a recognition like this. I wouldn't get into a discussion about that but I’m not saying I’m any more deserving than those two great men.

“Someone has thought it was fitting for me to get it and that’s all we can deal with at the moment. We are hugely proud to have got this accolade.”

About time too.... For what he did after hilsbrough was remarkable!

• 2 weeks later...

December drives me crazy because golf usually officially ends for 3 months....but I love EPL in December. Can't wait for fixtures 5-6 days a week

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

Far behind in most things to be fair.... Except support, City will never ever be on uniteds level. Could have been messy, 3-1 seems like a result

Are you sure? It does not take long and suddenly you are outdated, tired and the generation has passed you by. Ask Nottingham F and the Dallas Cowboys. If City wins the champions league this year, it could really snowball. Not sure they have the owners to get back on the right path. We know they don’t have the manager.

Cobra driver
TMade 3 & hybrid
Titleist AP2 Irons (4-PW)
Vokey wedges
Cleveland putter
Srixon ball

Are you sure? It does not take long and suddenly you are outdated, tired and the generation has passed you by. Ask Nottingham F and the Dallas Cowboys. If City wins the champions league this year, it could really snowball. Not sure they have the owners to get back on the right path. We know they don’t have the manager.

City will never and I mean never be united level of support. Just go to my city to find out, its 2/3 red and always has been. Even in 74 after relegation they had the highest attendance in the UK, 3rd in Europe. City after the war were the so called bigger team yet united each season had over 20k more supporters coming through the gates.... Nothing has changed.

City can't fill out now and its buy one get one free at present time.... With that team. 76k turn out at old trafford each home game to watch dross! Don't even try and convince anybody that City can overtake uniteds support as even the blue mancs stay quite on that one. Just come to Manchester and find out

City will never and I mean never be united level of support. Just go to my city to find out, its 2/3 red and always has been. Even in 74 after relegation they had the highest attendance in the UK, 3rd in Europe. City after the war were the so called bigger team yet united each season had over 20k more supporters coming through the gates.... Nothing has changed.

City can't fill out now and its buy one get one free at present time.... With that team. 76k turn out at old trafford each home game to watch dross! Don't even try and convince anybody that City can overtake uniteds support as even the blue mancs stay quite on that one. Just come to Manchester and find out

Even though I have no time for UTD the above is true

City are like Chelsea, rich sugar daddy, Johnny come lately

Don’t get me wrong, all credit to them as they are building something good, on the back of ffp rules ignored lol.

They will never be as big a club Utd, same way Everton will never be the biggest club on Merseyside

To suggest anything else is just folly

And as Nick states, they can’t fill their ground now, always 1000’s of seats empty, good accounting for sell outs :)

At least it’s a better stadium that Maine Rd with the old Kippax, holy crap that was not a good place to watch an away side like I did a few times

Don’t get me wrong, all credit to them as they are building something good, on the back of ffp rules ignored lol.

They will never be as big a club Utd, same way Everton will never be the biggest club on Merseyside

And as Nick states, they can’t fill their ground now, always 1000’s of seats empty, good accounting for sell outs :)

At least it’s a better stadium that Maine Rd with the old Kippax, holy crap that was not a good place to watch an away side like I did a few times

Cheers pal... I was going to mention pool to Everton but I ran out of steam... But I rather liked maine Rd, got a brilliant atmosphere back in the day, you know when games were sat 3pm!

Cheers pal... I was going to mention pool to Everton but I ran out of steam... But I rather liked maine Rd, got a brilliant atmosphere back in the day, you know when games were sat 3pm!

I wasn’t from Manchester so my accent stood out like like a Tory in Liverpool

Not a bad ground, old school, but in a shithole ?

Anyway back to your mid table club ?

I wasn’t from Manchester so my accent stood out like like a Tory in Liverpool

Not a bad ground, old school, but in a shithole ?

Anyway back to your mid table club ?

Hey, we got another draw.... Finish 6th again. Hope for a good fa cup run

Sup, mind the Lilywhites.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Ok, well his agent has just made all Liverpool fans happy

Jose is happy and so are his employers

Must not read between the lines

He won't be there come the summer. Whisper I heard off a MEN journalist is uniteds first choice is poch, will try and turn his head come may

I would absolutely love for us to be able to lure Poch away from Spurs.

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

Ok, well his agent has just made all Liverpool fans happy

Jose is happy and so are his employers

Must not read between the lines

He won't be there come the summer. Whisper I heard off a MEN journalist is uniteds first choice is poch, will try and turn his head come may

I would absolutely love for us to be able to lure Poch away from Spurs.

Poch is only leaving for Barcelona.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash