2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Indoor Putting Green

abovetherimcd

One I am looking at for downstairs :

http://www.bigmoss.c...-Pro_p_124.html

That's the exact one I got except I went for 3 holes. I keep one of them with the insert that shrinks the hole in for practicing 3-4 footers.

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

When you are ready to upgrade, check these guys out...THE best.

https://proputtsystems.com/indoor-putting-greens/

why would anybody want to spend 3 - 5 times as much money for a comparable green to Big Moss ?

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

https://proputtsyste...putting-greens/

why would anybody want to spend 3 - 5 times as much money for a comparable green to Big Moss ?

Because it's not just a sheet of turf that lays down on the floor. There are rubber pieces like a puzzle that you have to put together, before the turf fits down into it. Its major league quality. Check out the configurations and installs they've done and you will see the difference.

Its like comparing swing caddie2 to Trackman.

Because it's not just a sheet of turf that lays down on the floor. There are rubber pieces like a puzzle that you have to put together, before the turf fits down into it. Its major league quality. Check out the configurations and installs they've done and you will see the difference.

I understand and believe what you are saying, but I guess my point was and is that for the average Joe out there it's probably a bit on the expensive side. You can get some great practice from the likes of a Big Moss putting green, and it also has the advantage of being more portable for storing and moving around. The big moss offers a professional roll at the fraction of the price. I guess for those who are more serious about their game it might be the right way to go with pro-putt.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

I understand and believe what you are saying, but I guess my point was and is that for the average Joe out there it's probably a bit on the expensive side. You can get some great practice from the likes of a Big Moss putting green, and it also has the advantage of being more portable for storing and moving around. The big moss offers a professional roll at the fraction of the price. I guess for those who are more serious about their game it might be the right way to go with pro-putt.

I dont disagree man. Its all about the budget. Pro Putt isn't cheap.

I’ve had a Big Moss putting green for a few years now. I absolutely love it. I was able to go and pick it up from them in their shop since they are in the Chicagoland area.

G400 LST
917F2
913H
'16 JPX EZ Forged
T7 54/58
Bettinardi Tour SS3 DASS BEE KOOL
Snell MTB Black

Nese mund te lexoni kete, me dergoni nje mezazh.

I just recently ordered a 4X10 green from Tourlinks.com basically the same things at ProPutts just a hundred or so less. I have thick carpets in the bedrooms of my home, thus my reasoning that the Big Moss wouldn't work. I needed something with a platform that wouldn't ripple over the carpet when you stand on it. This is actually a Santa present for my son, will go into his room. In South Florida, we have no basements- unfortunately.

I just recently ordered a 4X10 green from Tourlinks.com basically the same things at ProPutts just a hundred or so less. I have thick carpets in the bedrooms of my home, thus my reasoning that the Big Moss wouldn't work. I needed something with a platform that wouldn't ripple over the carpet when you stand on it. This is actually a Santa present for my son, will go into his room. In South Florida, we have no basements- unfortunately.

Nice quality stuff they have! Hella a Santa present man!

Got the 4x16 double layer BirdieBall and am very happy with it.

A friend recommended going with the slowest green speed and I am very happy with it.

I putt 12 footers into the grain and 6 footers down grain.

Well worth the money. Smooth and consistent roll. Winter practice studio is complete.

G425 LST 

G425 Max 14.5* 

G425 19* Hybrid 

TM P7MC 4-PW

RTX Zipcore 50*/54*/58*

PING Sigma2 Anser

• 1 month later...

Anyone tried the Big Moss version that was created by Breed? is this version the same quality and roll as the other Big Moss versions.

i'm looking for something that is high quality but only a foot or two wide. i just want to practice flat straight in putts. i also may use this occasionally on top of carpet, so assuming this would work as long as i'm not standing on the same piece of mat i'm putting on.

http://www.bigmoss.com/Michael-Breed-Birdie-Path-MB_p_159.html

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

Anyone tried the Big Moss version that was created by Breed? is this version the same quality and roll as the other Big Moss versions.

i'm looking for something that is high quality but only a foot or two wide. i just want to practice flat straight in putts. i also may use this occasionally on top of carpet, so assuming this would work as long as i'm not standing on the same piece of mat i'm putting on.

http://www.bigmoss.c...h-MB_p_159.html

I would think it's the same material, but you could contact the company or one of their dealers to be sure. Have you considered the TourLinks putting greens they have a 2' model that can go on carpet.

https://www.golfgear...cts/tourlinks-9

I would think it's the same material, but you could contact the company or one of their dealers to be sure. Have you considered the TourLinks putting greens they have a 2' model that can go on carpet.

thanks, yeah i'm seriously considering the tour links. its more expensive, but if it lasts and its something i use it will be worth it. if it can be placed on plush carpet i could then use it in any room which makes it worth the money. deciding between 9' and 13' may be equally difficult.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

thanks, yeah i'm seriously considering the tour links. its more expensive, but if it lasts and its something i use it will be worth it. if it can be placed on plush carpet i could then use it in any room which makes it worth the money. deciding between 9' and 13' may be equally difficult.

I see them on sale a couple times a year, so if you are not in a hurry you maybe able to save more on them.

Big Moss Augusta, love it! Although I wish I had ordered one cup, instead of two.

I have this same one. It’s 4x12 with two cup(holes). A lot of things I read of birdie ball vs big moss favored big moss for those that experienced both. Never had birdie ball, so can’t comment on that one, but I love mine. Rolls FAST!

• 1 year later...

I think I'm moving forward with the Big Moss putting green (Admiral V2). Anybody have any discounting angles on Big Moss greens?

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

I have had 3 varieties of indoor putting greens, and Big Moss is my favorite. It is simple, easy to move around, and just lay it on the ground and start putting. It has a great roll speed to it, similar to many of the private courses I play. I have the Original V2  3x9' , which can be owned for about $160. I highly recommend it.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

5 minutes ago, Silentbob6 said:

If it's what I think it is, it's not that great to putt on. It's rather cheaply made and slow. It's not any less expensive than a 3x9 Big Moss.

Edited by hybrid25

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

For those looking, I would suggest against Birdie Ball. I recently bought a Quintic for myself and can now see that now matter how much loft you deliver on a birdie ball mat you will have a negative launch angle. The birdie ball mats are essentially foam and the ball sinks into them making a positive launch basically impossible. This throws off the balls roll and makes practice on them not worth while. I threw down a putt out mat to compare against and it is much better and much cheaper. I will probably end up ordering a Pro Putt soon.

On 11/27/2020 at 11:43 AM, bward said:

For those looking, I would suggest against Birdie Ball. I recently bought a Quintic for myself and can now see that now matter how much loft you deliver on a birdie ball mat you will have a negative launch angle. The birdie ball mats are essentially foam and the ball sinks into them making a positive launch basically impossible. This throws off the balls roll and makes practice on them not worth while. I threw down a putt out mat to compare against and it is much better and much cheaper. I will probably end up ordering a Pro Putt soon.

I’m trying to understand what you are saying (and admittedly am not the sharpest tool in the shed).  Are you saying the ball creates a much deeper depression in a birdie ball mat than it does in grass greens (which I assume also have a ball depression but it might vary with green hardness), or are you just observing that Putt Out has less of a depression than Birdie Ball?  

And you are saying the depression is so deep there’s no way to  roll the ball on Birdie Ball, it can only bounce out of the depression?  

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Muffy said:

I’m trying to understand what you are saying (and admittedly am not the sharpest tool in the shed).  Are you saying the ball creates a much deeper depression in a birdie ball mat than it does in grass greens (which I assume also have a ball depression but it might vary with green hardness), or are you just observing that Putt Out has less of a depression than Birdie Ball?  

And you are saying the depression is so deep there’s no way to  roll the ball on Birdie Ball, it can only bounce out of the depression?  

Thanks. 

I own a birdieball  and a big moss putting green and I bought some turf that I could chip from on to those greens. When chipping onto to the birdie ball, being a soft and spongy type makeup, the ball hit and stopped quicker then it would on the big moss. In other words, I could get a lot of action from my chips onto the birdie ball, which to me was sort of neat and I liked it. For pure putting practice, the birdie ball is a great putting green because it rolls so nice. Yes, it is basically foam, but the actual roll on a birdie ball is fantastic. The thing about a birdieball is that it doesn't sit flat very well on carpeting but only on hardwood or concrete floor, whereas my big moss I can put anywhere, carpeting, hardwood, or concrete, and it will be just fine. Again, for simplicity and value, I like the big moss the best. It has great real-life roll to it and I can set it anywhere and putt.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

13 hours ago, Muffy said:

Thanks. 

The birdie ball is such a soft material that the ball sinks into it much more than on a putting green. It creates a depression to the point that I can take a 4.5 loft putter and have a +2 degree attack angle and it still reads as a negative launch on Quintic. Just looking at the ball roll it does appear to roll well on birdie ball, but Quintic shows that it actually does not. I have confirmed this to be true for another Quintic user that I know that has set it up on a birdie ball mat.