2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Training aids for Xmas

BabyCarrot

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visio putting template. Sheftic pressure board.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

TheHangar?

Anybody use? Thoughts?

It’s awesome! Don’t hesitate

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

http://www.golfwrx.c...d/page__st__120

See member's post on PuttOut!

Absolutely the PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer and their mat (if you don't have a putting mat). I use mine so much and love it.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I just got the Live View last week and I'm obsessed. I realize now that I never knew true happiness before. :lol:

https://www.liveviewgolf.com/

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

I just got the Live View last week and I'm obsessed. I realize now that I never knew true happiness before. :lol:

Rats, I am not supposed to be buying myself stuff this time year - has video quality improved? Work for putting practice?

That's on my list for 2019. In the meantime I FaceTime myself between my iPhone and iPad and use the iPhone as the camera...

Rats, I am not supposed to be buying myself stuff this time year - has video quality improved? Work for putting practice?

Somehow deleted my earlier post trying to add a video. Anyway, I've found the video quality to be quite good, and was worried about it too. It's not as good as shooting in slo mo on your iphone obviously, but more than good enough to track gross movements. What I really like is that you can set it to listen for impact and record - so, the ipad just hangs out down by the ball and when you hit it backs up a little and captures the whole swing, then automatically replays it at whatever speed you want (i think it's .25, .5, and .75x options). Instant feedback, and sets a really nice pace for your reps. I haven't used it for putting at all, but can't see why it wouldn't work the same, but you'd probably need to manually turn on the recording. There's sensitivity adjustments for the mic, but i doubt it would pick up a putt.

Here's an example of a clip that's about as bad of quality as you'll get with it. My swing sucks so don't make fun of me, lol. Anyway, this is with a severe backlight on a very cold, snowy day, and the optional little plastic fisheye lens on there so i could have it closer to me on the range. And even this was so helpful that day. In better light and without the adaptor lens it's much clearer, I'll try to find an example like that (they're all on my ipad at home)

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

Somehow deleted my earlier post trying to add a video. Anyway, I've found the video quality to be quite good, and was worried about it too.

Dude, you have the same loop/drop in transition that I do!

Yeah man - hence the LIve View. I will leave this winter with proper transition or i'm hangin 'em up for good!

Yeah man - hence the LIve View. I will leave this winter with proper transition or i'm hangin 'em up for good!

I've learned to embrace the loop, at least for now until I improve my shoulder (really lat) flexibility.

I got screened this year and realized it was a flexibility vs. positional thing for me... Due to the stretch-shorten cycle, the higher I try to get my hands in the backswing, the faster my arms will fire back down again in the transition.

That's where the benefit of something like LiveView really comes in IMO... You think you're making one move based on feel, but the camera can show you're really doing something completely different.

I use a camera with 4K capabilities and just connect it to my phone/device via built in tech.

Works great. Just set the camera up on a tripod at your desired position.

There's also an added bonus of being able to use it off the course for both great video and still image :)

I just got two long-awaited training aids on the same day: the Sheftic Pressure Broad and GravityFit.

Have yet to delve into GravityFit as it just arrived, but the Sheftic Pressure Board is money already

Any instructions on it? Basically get weight to right then to the left?

There are a bunch of example videos on http://markshefticgolf.com

It’s teaching pressure shift to trail, then to lead, and what it seems to be really good at is teaching you to start that shift early, before the downswing starts.

Just played around with GravityFit. It feels incredibly constraining, like your arms have to be pinned by your side to keep the pressure points on your back in the backswing, but in reality it’s the correct way to do it. It’s so unnatural for me (my posture is cr@p), so it forces me to keep my arms connected to my body (like a boimechanically correct version of what the smart ball does).

It also forces you to activate your core and rotate your hips through properly... you really can’t throw your arms through and stall your hips early because your arms feel so pinned to your trunk.

I just got two long-awaited training aids on the same day: the Sheftic Pressure Broad and GravityFit.

Have yet to delve into GravityFit as it just arrived, but the Sheftic Pressure Board is money already

It’s teaching pressure shift to trail, then to lead, and what it seems to be really good at is teaching you to start that shift early, before the downswing starts.

Just played around with GravityFit. It feels incredibly constraining, like your arms have to be pinned by your side to keep the pressure points on your back in the backswing, but in reality it’s the correct way to do it. It’s so unnatural for me (my posture is cr@p), so it forces me to keep my arms connected to my body (like a boimechanically correct version of what the smart ball does).

It also forces you to activate your core and rotate your hips through properly... you really can’t throw your arms through and stall your hips early because your arms feel so pinned to your trunk.

Pressure board also helps with balance. It will twist depending on how you apply pressure both going back and thru - depends somewhat on surface you are using it.

If it twists on the backswing you've learned you already are moving incorrectly. Ditto downswing - it supports developing a more linear pressure shift - not as good as being on a n a pressure mat but then again it's big value is in learning the downhill move to start transition - move pressure forward without swinging the arms down - early swings with the arms pulling will keep pressure on trail foot.

Here's an example of it's use.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

Pressure board also helps with balance. It will twist depending on how you apply pressure both going back and thru - depends somewhat on surface you are using it.

If it twists on the backswing you've learned you already are moving incorrectly. Ditto downswing - it supports developing a more linear pressure shift - not as good as being on a n a pressure mat but then again it's big value is in learning the downhill move to start transition - move pressure forward without swinging the arms down - early swings with the arms pulling will keep pressure on trail foot.

Here's an example of it's use.

Yep, it improved my balance (basically how far I was bending over and hanging my mass out over my toes) within the first few hours.