Reed Unhappy with Jordan and Jim in Interview

Holy Moses

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously can the PGA tour just be like "hey nobody wants to see or watch you play so were taking your card"? I am actually dreading this years masters because I don't want to see him put the jacket on Jordan .

Almost perfect. Fixed it ^. Lol. Mark it down. It will happen.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Seriously can the PGA tour just be like "hey nobody wants to see or watch you play so were taking your card"? I am actually dreading this years masters because I don't want to see him put the jacket on Jordan .

Almost perfect. Fixed it ^. Lol. Mark it down. It will happen.

Tied for the lead!

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Seriously can the PGA tour just be like "hey nobody wants to see or watch you play so were taking your card"? I am actually dreading this years masters because I don't want to see him put the jacket on someone else.

Reed-peat!!

reed1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1reed1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

Angc won’t allow that, a pc ladies tournament and a Reed II in the same year is just too much for them...

Reed loves to be hated, loves to be the underdog. He knows it brings the best out of him.

I think he's just happy to be relevant in the golf news world. I also don't think he gets very good advice on how to handle PR. Not to get all Dr. Phil here but not many people can handle being the heel all their life, at some point they want to be liked and cheered. Spieth and Phil are very well liked, calling them out isn't going to help him with fan popularity.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Reed loves to be hated, loves to be the underdog. He knows it brings the best out of him.

I think he's just happy to be relevant in the golf news world. I also don't think he gets very good advice on how to handle PR. Not to get all Dr. Phil here but not many people can handle being the heel all their life, at some point they want to be liked and cheered. Spieth and Phil are very well liked, calling them out isn't going to help him with fan popularity.

Reed wants to be hated and cheered somehow

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I wouldn't pay $19.95 for Tiger vs. Phil, but I would pay that much to watch this year's Champion's dinner.

"There seems to be some commotion in the kitchen, Gary McCord what's going on there?"

"Well Jimmy, Justine Reed is back here berating one of the chefs for not serving enough mustard on the hot dogs."

I wouldn't pay $19.95 for Tiger vs. Phil, but I would pay that much to watch this year's Champion's dinner.

"There seems to be some commotion in the kitchen, Gary McCord what's going on there?"

"Well Jimmy, Justine Reed is back here berating one of the chefs for not serving enough mustard on the hot dogs."

If McCord is at the Masters that's a real story.

Reed is a GREAT player. Unfortunately, he's a social pariah. Everyone knows it. Carry on.

Nah to be a great player in this day and age, you have to at least crack the World Top 5...still waiting!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

This years Champions Dinner will be epic! would also like to see how they are sit at the table.

This years Champions Dinner will be epic! would also like to see how they are sit at the table.

It's just a matter of time until he says the wrong thing to the wrong member and becomes the first guy uninvited from the champions dinner. Then he can add that feather to his 'everyone in the whole world is an a-hole except me, justine, and her mom' hat.

It's just a matter of time until he says the wrong thing to the wrong member and becomes the first guy uninvited from the champions dinner. Then he can add that feather to his 'everyone in the whole world is an a-hole except me, justine, and her mom' hat.

LOL that would be hilarious.

^^ Zoeller didn't get uninvited. Reed ruffles a few feathers but has he actually said anything offensive or nasty?!

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

• 2 weeks later...

Tell us how you really feel Kiz

From golf channel

It's no secret that Patrick Reed isn't the most popular golfer on the PGA Tour. A recent quote attributed to Kevin Kisner by Golf Digest about Reed's college tenures at Georgia and Augusta State further pushes that narrative.

"They all hate him — any guys that were on the team with him (at Georgia) hate him and that’s the same way at Augusta," Kisner said. "I don’t know that they’d piss on him if he was on fire, to tell you the truth."

Kisner’s comments are somewhat surprising, considering he’s said multiple times in the past, including at this year’s Open Championship, that he prefers to not talk about other players to the press. Reed's peers have been mostly reserved when asked to elaborate on their feelings about the 2018 Masters champion, and exceptions have typically been done anonymously.

There was the Shane Ryan book, "Slaying the Tiger: A Year Inside the Ropes on the New PGA Tour," in 2016, which brought to light anonymous cheating and stealing accusations from Reed's Georgia teammates. (Reed, who denied those allegations, was kicked off the team in 2009 before going on to win back-to-back NCAA titles at Augusta State, in 2010 and '11.)

Then there was this quote, told to the New York Times by an unnamed U.S. golfer following the Reed-fueled Ryder Cup drama in Paris: "He has no clue how to play team golf. I saw firsthand how bad of a team player he was. Eleven players understood the concept of team golf and only one didn’t. Unfortunately, that one proved to be too costly for the team to overcome."

Reed has avoided tough questions about his past, as well, often saying that he doesn't care what others think of him. It will be interesting, though, to hear how he responds to Kisner’s quote.

Cobra driver
TMade 3 & hybrid
Titleist AP2 Irons (4-PW)
Vokey wedges
Cleveland putter
Srixon ball

I have no love for Reed but just cannot understand the witch hunt the US golf press is undertaking on him.

He is 28yo, a major winner, a Ryder Cup stalwart and a periodic top 10 player in the world. Give him a modicum of respect.

He has made mistakes but his indiscretions in any other sport would be laughed at. The hatchet job written on him the day after his Masters win is none of our business. I couldn't care less about his relationship with his parents. Just let the guy play golf and respect his achievements and privacy.

PXG Gen 2 X MCA Diamana BF
Callaway Epic 15* GD AD I
Callaway Epic Hybrid 20* GD AD I
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged/ Hot Metal Combo 5-9
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/54/58
Scotty Cameron Circa 5
Bridgestone BX

I have no love for Reed but just cannot understand the witch hunt the US golf press is undertaking on him.

He is 28yo, a major winner, a Ryder Cup stalwart and a periodic top 10 player in the world. Give him a modicum of respect.

He has made mistakes but his indiscretions in any other sport would be laughed at. The hatchet job written on him the day after his Masters win is none of our business. I couldn't care less about his relationship with his parents. Just let the guy play golf and respect his achievements and privacy.

Reed likes to play the villain, the media likes to find villains. Most golfers are vanilla and Reed makes for a good story.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Reed likes to play the villain, the media likes to find villains. Most golfers are vanilla and Reed makes for a good story.

Like to play the roll is different than revealing his true face. Some people are better off not opening their mouth, because they are not crafty to hide their true color.

Surprising from Kisner. I guess he's in touch with Georgia folks as an alum, etc. but if he was going to say something I'd have preferred he stuck with his own opinions instead of the second or third or who knows how many hand remarks.

Still, there must be some nerve touched somewhere for him to go on the record with that.

Agree the press will keep trying to get quotes like this and play it up, and Reed hasn't done himself any favors with his subsequent comments, inconsistencies, and his family's remarks. Even though his Ryder Cup story has pretty much been contradicted by everyone who has commented (not referring to the Kisner comments), we won't see him changing it.

Just seems like the story had its cycle and needs to go away. Probably won't unless he says something to put out the smoldering remains - won't hold my breath for that.

His Masters press conference should be interesting.

I would respect his privacy and achievements if him and his family were not constantly bashing someone to the media. Idc about his relationship with anyone either but anymore he is one step away from the Kardashians. If he shuts up and just plays golf and his family lets him just play golf its whatever then.

Surprising from Kisner. I guess he's in touch with Georgia folks as an alum, etc. but if he was going to say something I'd have preferred he stuck with his own opinions instead of the second or third or who knows how many hand remarks.

Still, there must be some nerve touched somewhere for him to go on the record with that.

Agree the press will keep trying to get quotes like this and play it up, and Reed hasn't done himself any favors with his subsequent comments, inconsistencies, and his family's remarks. Even though his Ryder Cup story has pretty much been contradicted by everyone who has commented (not referring to the Kisner comments), we won't see him changing it.

Just seems like the story had its cycle and needs to go away. Probably won't unless he says something to put out the smoldering remains - won't hold my breath for that.

HIs Masters press conference should be interesting.

Seems unnecessary from Kisner, the whole world now knows Reed is a frictional character who isn't exactly popular but seems a strange thing to do to a fellow PGA Tour member, I wonder if the tour will step in.

Personally I don't mind Reed, I enjoy watching him play.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

HIs Masters press conference should be interesting.

Seems unnecessary from Kisner, the whole world now knows Reed is a frictional character who isn't exactly popular but seems a strange thing to do to a fellow PGA Tour member, I wonder if the tour will step in.

Personally I don't mind Reed, I enjoy watching him play.

I agree that it seems unnecessary, but it has to get annoying being asked about it too. Maybe Kis threw it out there so they’ll stop bringing it up after they get their clickbait. However, I think he just gave some more crumbs to the press.

I think it’s Kisner who looks bad here, not Reed. Rehashing old stories that everyone already knows, stories you weren’t even there for, speaking for others who could have spoken for themselves but chose not to. Very sixth grade, very much the nasty 12 year old who tells the other kid that no one really likes him just to make himself feel like a tough guy.

I know that people around here love Kisner for some reason, but this shows no class.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

I think it’s Kisner who looks bad here, not Reed. Rehashing old stories that everyone already knows, stories you weren’t even there for, speaking for others who could have spoken for themselves but chose not to. Very sixth grade, very much the nasty 12 year old who tells the other kid that no one really likes him just to make himself feel like a tough guy.

I know that people around here love Kisner for some reason, but this shows no class.

Yeah, this is surprising. I don't like Reed, but I thought Kisner was "one of the good guys", although I admittedly don't know much about him.

Titleist TS3 w/ Even Flow White
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
M4 Tour w/ Kuro Kage TiNi
GAPR w/ KBS Tour Proto
Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
Vokey 46° 
Hi-Toe 52° & 58°
Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

Not surprised at all what was said by Kisner, I'm surprised it came out in print!

I'd bet the comment/answer to a question was meant to be off the record. This makes Kisner look bad but he was saying what others think and now he's the villain because of a reporter.

And Reporters wonder why nobody wants to talk to them!

Callaway Paradym TD 10.5* @ 8.5* - Fuji Blue Velocore+ 6s  tipped 1"

2021 Callaway UW 17* & 21* - Fuji Red Ventus Velocore 7X
Callaway Apex TCB  4-pw - Steelfiber i110cw S hard stepped 1"  &  BStone J15CBs 4-pw - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120x

Callaway Jaws Forged TI red dots 52@50/56@55/60*& Jaws Raw Z grind 60*z, DG TI S400

2021 Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K DW & 2021 Eleven slant neck
Ball: 2024 Callaway Chrome Tour X -tested, great feel & spin!