2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Best Atlanta Clubcorp courses?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from out of town? When? How many days? Where exactly are you staying? What are you looking for?

1. The Manor - best overall

2. Eagles Landing - 27 holes

3. Atlanta National - Pete Dye - unique good play

4. CC of the South - personally not a fan, but always in good shape

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

WORTH THE DRIVE: Currahee

Coming from out of town? When? How many days? Where exactly are you staying? What are you looking for?

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

The Manor, "Best Overall"? I'd move The Manor down a couple of spots on that list. I'd put Atlanta National as the best for the golf experience. The clubhouse is super nice but almost too big. Eagles Landing, for total experience, is the best. I think the patio dining and view of #18 at Brookfield is super nice. I agree with GT's list, just not that The Manor is the best overall.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

The Manor, "Best Overall"? I'd move The Manor down a couple of spots on that list. I'd put Atlanta National as the best for the golf experience. The clubhouse is super nice but almost too big. Eagles Landing, for total experience, is the best. I think the patio dining and view of #18 at Brookfield is super nice. I agree with GT's list, just not that The Manor is the best overall.

Lmao Brookfield?

10-4 over and out

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

Lmao Brookfield?

10-4 over and out

You don't agree the patio at Brookfield is nice? I didn't say the course. Never mind, you think The Manor is the best thing going in Atlanta, bless your heart.

TaylorMade Spider Black

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

Lmao Brookfield?

10-4 over and out

You don't agree the patio at Brookfield is nice? I didn't say the course. Never mind, you think The Manor is the best thing going in Atlanta, bless your heart.

The guy asked about “golf courses”, not patios and dining rooms, ya dolt.

Having played every private facility in Atlanta (outside Peachtree), every club Corp facility over the years, and being a scratch golfer.. I know my golf courses.

For you to dismiss the manor as the best clubcorp facility is an absolute joke. It’s so laughable that I can’t take you seriously anymore.

All good. Keep being you.

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

Lmao Brookfield?

10-4 over and out

The guy asked about “golf courses”, not patios and dining rooms, ya dolt.

Having played every private facility in Atlanta (outside Peachtree), every club Corp facility over the years, and being a scratch golfer.. I know my golf courses.

For you to dismiss the manor as the best clubcorp facility is an absolute joke. It’s so laughable that I can’t take you seriously anymore.

All good. Keep being you.

One day I'll see you post in the Atlanta/Southeast sub forum and not make a complete a** of yourself. Today is not that day though.

• 1 month later...

All you Northside Atlanta guys can talk all you want, but there isn't a better ClubCorp golf course in Atlanta better than Planterra Ridge in Peachtree City. Incredibly scenic, greens right now are fantastic, a superior course. It's where Smoltz qualified for the Senior Open, where the Society of Seniors held back to back national tournaments (unheard of for that group) and the Georgia PGA just had its senior tour championship. Lake McIntosh is magnificent, adds a huge element and is in play on 11 of the 18 holes. Magnificent.

Having played them all, as far as GOLF COURSE is concerned, my take is here:

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

3. Planterra Ridge (I agree with @allen981. It is BEAUTIFUL after their recent renovation)

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

There is nothing special about The Manor from a golf course perspective unless you like looking at 2-5 million dollar houses all day.

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

3. Planterra Ridge (I agree with @allen981. It is BEAUTIFUL after their recent renovation)

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

There is nothing special about The Manor from a golf course perspective unless you like looking at 2-5 million dollar houses all day.

Are we talking layout & conditions?

Being a full member at Manor, White Columns, Atlanta National, and Polo; here are my thoughts..

1. Atlanta National has 1 really goofy hole. Greens are usually “ok” at best. Zoysia fairways are fantastic: people who run the club are genuine CLOWNS.

2. Cc of the south has so many goofy holes it makes me lose my mind. Elite bent geeens, good fairways. Played here 30+ times.

3. Planterra ridge - haven’t been down there in years.

4. White columns is the most overrated course on the north side. Greens & fairways are below average. Major disappointment.

5. I like eagles landing

Manor: it’s the best layout and conditions you can find in metro Atlanta for clubcorp; period.

My view is completely opposite of yours. Doesn’t add up. There has to be an explanation.

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

3. Planterra ridge - haven't been down there in years.

There has to be an explanation.

There's one explanation...LOL

TaylorMade Spider Black

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

Hence the reason there’s no comment. Cute

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

You get butthurt everytime someone doesn't think the Manor is the greatest club ever, get over yourself.

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

You get butthurt everytime someone doesn't think the Manor is the greatest club ever, get over yourself.

Not really. I think it’s lauhable to rank 3-4 of these way above them. Everyone values something different in a golf course. I just don’t know what you’re looking at when this happens.

I can see what people value about CC of South, Atl National, etc. having played each of these north of 40 times, I just scratch my head a bit.

Which hole at ATL national are you labeling goofy? I think the second par 3 is pretty lame (#6?), but #8 is what I remember as the goofy hole. The rest is pretty awesome. Tough course.

13 sucks

There’s a ton of goofy hole locations as well. I play wel there; shot many 68’s and like the course in general. I guess the guys who run the place piss me off.

Which hole at ATL national are you labeling goofy? I think the second par 3 is pretty lame (#6?), but #8 is what I remember as the goofy hole. The rest is pretty awesome. Tough course.

13 sucks

There’s a ton of goofy hole locations as well. I play wel there; shot many 68’s and like the course in general. I guess the guys who run the place piss me off.

We don’t agree much, but I do agree with you about the guys that I’ve dealt with that are left in charge of the pro shop and course. They definitely could be better.

TaylorMade Spider Black

13 sucks

We don’t agree much, but I do agree with you about the guys that I’ve dealt with that are left in charge of the pro shop and course. They definitely could be better.

It’s almost like you’re a nuisance to them by playing the course. Crap attitudes.

They do have a new guy in the pro shop who came from bentwater. He’s been very welcoming, etc. so maybe there’s hope.

They’ve also decided to patch bare fairway spots with Bermuda grass instead of zoysia. Just head scratching.

Overall, they just act like thier shyt don’t stank. Gotta be special in everything they do...

No tee times

Vertical score card

Yardage markers go to the front of the green (not the middle)

Another one that’s special: drive the carts in the fairways only, stay out of the rough. Lol no joke.

Not really. I think it's lauhable to rank 3-4 of these way above them. Everyone values something different in a golf course. I just don't know what you're looking at when this happens.

I can see what people value about CC of South, Atl National, etc. having played each of these north of 40 times, I just scratch my head a bit.

It's almost like people's tastes in golf courses are like, subjective or something.

• 7 months later...

> @thejuice said:

> GTgolf wrote:

>

>

> Spicoli wrote:

>

>

>

> Which hole at ATL national are you labeling goofy? I think the second par 3 is pretty lame (#6?), but #8 is what I remember as the goofy hole. The rest is pretty awesome. Tough course.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> 13 sucks

>

>

>

> There’s a ton of goofy hole locations as well. I play wel there; shot many 68’s and like the course in general. I guess the guys who run the place **** me off.

>

>

>

>

> We don’t agree much, but I do agree with you about the guys that I’ve dealt with that are left in charge of the pro shop and course. They definitely could be better.

So I played ATL National again today. I now understand these comments. They guy at the pro shop (older small guy) was such an utter dbag I will probably never go back there.

Every word out out of my my mouth he gave me a condescending answer.

What time is your tee time?

You're here way too early.

Where is your club Corp card?

Oops left it home... is my photo ID ok?You're required to present that card you know?

Yes, I know, sorry.

What is your home course?

Laurel Springs.

Guy rolls his eyes.

Here is the Pin sheet, do you know how to read it?

Yes, looks the same as the one in the carts.

We've never put them in the carts. Ever. (There was a sheet in the cart...maybe it was from yesterday?)

So it's rough only today and that means stay off the fairway, ok..and you can only be on the side by the cart path, ok?

Sure.

Good.

So we get out in play a few holes and I see every member driving all over... everywhere. We are obviously having trouble keeping up and the group behind us is right on our butt. So I decide to follow suit.

At the turn, the guy comes out and tells us to stay off the fairway. Keep in mind the group in front and behind us was in the fairway...and continued to do it.

Never, ever, am I going back there. I'm so frustrated I'm tempted to complain, but it's probably not worth it.

> @Spicoli said:

> > @thejuice said:

> > GTgolf wrote:

> >

> >

> > Spicoli wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > Which hole at ATL national are you labeling goofy? I think the second par 3 is pretty lame (#6?), but #8 is what I remember as the goofy hole. The rest is pretty awesome. Tough course.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > 13 sucks

> >

> >

> >

> > There’s a ton of goofy hole locations as well. I play wel there; shot many 68’s and like the course in general. I guess the guys who run the place **** me off.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > We don’t agree much, but I do agree with you about the guys that I’ve dealt with that are left in charge of the pro shop and course. They definitely could be better.

>

> So I played ATL National again today. I now understand these comments. They guy at the pro shop (older small guy) was such an utter **** I will probably never go back there.

> Every word out out of my my mouth he gave me a condescending answer.

> What time is your tee time?

> 1130.

> You're here way too early.

> Where is your club Corp card?

> Oops left it home... is my photo ID ok?You're required to present that card you know?

> Yes, I know, sorry.

> What is your home course?

> Laurel Springs.

> Guy rolls his eyes.

> Here is the Pin sheet, do you know how to read it?

> Yes, looks the same as the one in the carts.

> We've never put them in the carts. Ever. (There was a sheet in the cart...maybe it was from yesterday?)

> So it's rough only today and that means stay off the fairway, ok..and you can only be on the side by the cart path, ok?

> Sure.

> Good.

> So we get out in play a few holes and I see every member driving all over... everywhere. We are obviously having trouble keeping up and the group behind us is right on our butt. So I decide to follow suit.

> At the turn, the guy comes out and tells us to stay off the fairway. Keep in mind the group in front and behind us was in the fairway...and continued to do it.

> Never, ever, am I going back there. I'm so frustrated I'm tempted to complain, but it's probably not worth it.

>

>

>

>

Glad you got this off your back. Very happy that you were able to share this with us. I have played there on several occasions, never had a bad experience. Are you sure you are talking about the right course!

Glad to know you won't be back. Doubt you will be missed.

> @Spicoli said:

> > @thejuice said:

> > GTgolf wrote:

> >

> >

> > Spicoli wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > Which hole at ATL national are you labeling goofy? I think the second par 3 is pretty lame (#6?), but #8 is what I remember as the goofy hole. The rest is pretty awesome. Tough course.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > 13 sucks

> >

> >

> >

> > There’s a ton of goofy hole locations as well. I play wel there; shot many 68’s and like the course in general. I guess the guys who run the place **** me off.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > We don’t agree much, but I do agree with you about the guys that I’ve dealt with that are left in charge of the pro shop and course. They definitely could be better.

>

> So I played ATL National again today. I now understand these comments. They guy at the pro shop (older small guy) was such an utter **** I will probably never go back there.

> Every word out out of my my mouth he gave me a condescending answer.

> What time is your tee time?

> 1130.

> You're here way too early.

> Where is your club Corp card?

> Oops left it home... is my photo ID ok?You're required to present that card you know?

> Yes, I know, sorry.

> What is your home course?

> Laurel Springs.

> Guy rolls his eyes.

> Here is the Pin sheet, do you know how to read it?

> Yes, looks the same as the one in the carts.

> We've never put them in the carts. Ever. (There was a sheet in the cart...maybe it was from yesterday?)

> So it's rough only today and that means stay off the fairway, ok..and you can only be on the side by the cart path, ok?

> Sure.

> Good.

> So we get out in play a few holes and I see every member driving all over... everywhere. We are obviously having trouble keeping up and the group behind us is right on our butt. So I decide to follow suit.

> At the turn, the guy comes out and tells us to stay off the fairway. Keep in mind the group in front and behind us was in the fairway...and continued to do it.

> Never, ever, am I going back there. I'm so frustrated I'm tempted to complain, but it's probably not worth it.

>

>

>

>

>

Send a message to the GM and head pro first. Tell them your experience and that you even shared your experience on a major golfer's website. If you don't feel like they resolved it, send an email to ClubCorp. I did this for an affiliate club (sent a message to the GM) and he responded the next day via email and a phone call and apologized for how they made us feel. These GMs understand the BUSINESS of golf and how you need golfers (members, network members, and guests alike) to have a good time so they'll come back and spend money with their courses and restaurants. See if that helps before you decide to not go back, because I think it's a nice course.

As for your home course, I know GT doesn't like it but I'm not sure why. I played it for the first time two weeks ago. The members seemed kind of snobbish, but the course itself was in great shape and the pro shop staff was very friendly. I plan on coming back to play LS for sure. True Golden Bear course too!

TaylorMade Spider Black