SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Not sure I could live in a place that didn’t have golf year round.

When I go longer than week without playing I start getting itchy.

Time to reload on some Blacks! 75 here today without a cloud in the sky?

Not sure I could live in a place that didn't have golf year round.

Time to reload on some Blacks! 75 here today without a cloud in the sky��

Posted 3 times, I guess you had to rub it in for us folks in the mid Atlantic :-( We're getting a wintry mix in NC on Sunday.

So I generally like to play a yellow ball here through winter because of all the leave and what not and had been playing the MTB Black based on Dan’s suggestion. How does the Red compare? Previously played V1x, Z Star XV and actually the Tour BX-S but have played the regular V1 in the past.

we are sold out of RED (Yellow) this year.. supplier can not keep up with our PO's, so we are making a change to this to further improve the balls, and offer in both white and yellow early next year.. we will update everyone soon on the plans, as testing is complete and looks great..

AAIIEEEE. OK, note to self. Don't lose any for a while. I can't track the white balls worth a damn, and love the RED. So get that testing done. Chop chop. I have 18 new ones left. I'm playing pretty well these days (of course, saying probably will cost me 4 strokes tomorrow) but we've got great weather in So Cal and I'm playing a lot so the pressure's on you guys. March 1st is my estimated need new balls date. There's your target. I'm counting on you.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Played the Red all last year and loved it. Won two league tournaments.

Ordered the Blacks during the black friday deal and broke open a sleeve today. Shot a career best 67.

It's not that the ball is somehow magical, but it does everything any other modern tour quality ball does. There is no compromise here compared to the major brands. I can interchange them with ProV's or Chrome Softs or any other top quality ball and there is no downside.

I like supporting industry disruptors and Dean's business model and goal to provide top quality golf balls for less cash direct to consumer is something I have supported since it's release and will continue to do so. Signing packing slips is one small (but huge) example of how passionate he is and that's something I will continue to buy into.

Thanks, Dean, and I'm glad you've been as successful as you have in this endeavor.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

Ordered the Blacks during the black friday deal and broke open a sleeve today. Shot a career best 67.

It's not that the ball is somehow magical, but it does everything any other modern tour quality ball does. There is no compromise here compared to the major brands. I can interchange them with ProV's or Chrome Softs or any other top quality ball and there is no downside.

I like supporting industry disruptors and Dean's business model and goal to provide top quality golf balls for less cash direct to consumer is something I have supported since it's release and will continue to do so. Signing packing slips is one small (but huge) example of how passionate he is and that's something I will continue to buy into.

Thanks, Dean, and I'm glad you've been as successful as you have in this endeavor.

How would you compare the red to black on course?

Stay Tuned...

The Red is firmer and spins more on iron shots. They are very close off driver to the point of being indistinguishable other than feel. I got the trial pack when they were first released last year expecting to prefer the softer Black, especially since I have no trouble with stopping approach shots, but for some reason at the time I just scored better with the Red. I played that ball all last season and it's awesome.

The Black is softer, slightly less approach spin, and feels a bit better to me with the putter.

The Black is cast urethane and the Red is TPU, which is why it's available in yellow (cast urethane doesn't take color as well).

Can't go wrong with either one. If you like a firmer feel, need more spin on approaches, or like bright yellow golf balls, go Red. If you like a softer feel, don't have an issue with approach spin, or prefer the potential advantages of cast urethane, go Black.

Or get a trial pack and try both.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

The Red is firmer and spins more on iron shots. They are very close off driver to the point of being indistinguishable other than feel. I got the trial pack when they were first released last year expecting to prefer the softer Black, especially since I have no trouble with stopping approach shots, but for some reason at the time I just scored better with the Red. I played that ball all last season and it's awesome.

The Black is softer, slightly less approach spin, and feels a bit better to me with the putter.

The Black is cast urethane and the Red is TPU, which is why it's available in yellow (cast urethane doesn't take color as well).

Can't go wrong with either one. If you like a firmer feel, need more spin on approaches, or like bright yellow golf balls, go Red. If you like a softer feel, don't have an issue with approach spin, or prefer the potential advantages of cast urethane, go Black.

Thanks for the response. I’ve played the black several times just wasn’t sure what I may be missing. Never had an issue with spin (generating it that is) so I may stay with the black.

Stay Tuned...

Thanks for the response. I’ve played the black several times just wasn’t sure what I may be missing. Never had an issue with spin (generating it that is) so I may stay with the black.

I have no issue generating spin either, especially with short irons and wedges. Because of that the Red didn't work for me. I lost about 5 yards with my irons and I had a hard time dialing in distances with my wedges. I also felt like it was 5-10 yards shorter off the driver.

The Red does seem to spin more than the Black around the greens, but the Black's performance is more than adequate.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Just want to make an important customer service post as a Canadian

Regardless of what I do, Snell.com directs me to the Canadian site. It must use IP location services or something. Why is this a problem? Because a lot of deals are for the US site. The Canadian prices are also not nearly as good and, as one of millions of Canadians that live near the boarder, it is no problem shipping to a PO box on the US side.

What have I done?

1) I have corresponded with the Snell Canada website to no avail. They said they will look into it (months ago). Nothing.

2) I've PMed Dean here and received no reply

What was also interesting is months ago, right at the MTB RED and BLACK release - is that I purchased some MTB Reds from Amazon.ca for a better deal than the Canadian Snell site offered. Once I mentioned that, Dean reached out to me and asked where it was (Amazon.ca link), and said that it shouldn't be there. Wasn't my fault! I replied a few times to him and his team and never once got a 'thanks' for taking the time to help us out and figure out what happened. Just a ghosted communication string. Awesome. Glad I could help.

Very disappointing and I'm clearly an unsatisfied customer and want other forum members to see the other side of it.

Regardless of what I do, Snell.com directs me to the Canadian site. It must use IP location services or something. Why is this a problem? Because a lot of deals are for the US site. The Canadian prices are also not nearly as good and, as one of millions of Canadians that live near the boarder, it is no problem shipping to a PO box on the US side.

What have I done?

1) I have corresponded with the Snell Canada website to no avail. They said they will look into it (months ago). Nothing.

What was also interesting is months ago, right at the MTB RED and BLACK release - is that I purchased some MTB Reds from Amazon.ca for a better deal than the Canadian Snell site offered. Once I mentioned that, Dean reached out to me and asked where it was (Amazon.ca link), and said that it shouldn't be there. Wasn't my fault! I replied a few times to him and his team and never once got a 'thanks' for taking the time to help us out and figure out what happened. Just a ghosted communication string. Awesome. Glad I could help.

Very disappointing and I'm clearly an unsatisfied customer and want other forum members to see the other side of it.

I live in Ottawa and had no issues placing an order on the American website when the the MTB black and red were released. I had them shipped to an PO box.

Ron (president of Snell golf Canada) has been awesome with me. He's responded quickly to a couple inquiries I've made. I won a Snell golf Canada staff bag and they shipped it right away. They've added some nice freebies to some orders. Shipping is always fast. I think the price is fair. The MTBs are $20 CDN cheaper than Provs, that's a big savings for a ball that performs just as good if not better. I can't say enough good things about Snell golf on both sides of the border.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Callaway Paradym

5 wood: TaylorMade Stealth+

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 4-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Odyssey AI-ONE 7S

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

What have I done?

Hello... i do not really see may PM messages on this site as you can imagine that I try to visit here quickly to see if can answer.. The cananda direct site is something that our canadian distributor asked be set up, because we get thousands of customers from Canada, then we have to personally email them to direct them to the Canada site for the better savings and shipping... so this made sense for us to do.. i realize that there are some who live near the border and may like to have some sent to an US address, so I have asked my marketing team to look into a way to handle these limited cases... As for the amazon thing, I apologize for not saying thanks for sending the info to us.. nothing really came of it, and they were not able to determine anything at all, and amazon denies shipping themselves... so we did not really get a resolution on that, but I do appreciate you sending to me.. My apologies for not sending you a thanks... so do me a favor, please send email to [email protected], and tell them that I requested you to email us, and mention that I will personally have someone contact you about a solution to the issue... once i get the email from service, I will take care of it personally...

I am sold! Dean signed my receipt on my last batch with a Thanks and my name. What a cool touch when I opened my box and checked the invoice. Just classy, cool and why I support businesses like his. Great ball, great price and it would seem great business owner. MTB is MY BALL.

Thanks.. appreciate the support... we have some good stuff coming early in Q1... hope to finlalize plans and dates to share with everyone soon... Happy Holidays to everyone, and thanks for a great year.. your support is truly appreciated..

we will be closed at the office today and tomor to share time with our families..

Well Dean, I received your email from your Team, Merry Christmas. I must say, not only can Dean construct a quality golf ball, he knows how to hire talent too. WOW!

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Well Dean, I received your email from your Team, Merry Christmas. I must say, not only can Dean construct a quality golf ball, he knows how to hire talent too. WOW!

I noticed that too, lol. I also appreciate that his email actually said “Merry Christmas”

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I noticed that too, lol. I also appreciate that his email actually said “Merry Christmas”

I agree. I wish more said Merry Christmas. I also wanted to thank Dean for his efforts to stay in touch with his customers. I know it must be tough as the company grows but it is obvious this is important to Dean. Merry Christmas to all and the Snell family!

Well purchased a dozen of MTB Blacks over the weekend. Been playing TP5s, Prov1s and Project (a). If the Blacks fall anywhere between these balls I’m a convert. If you start offering custom numbers that’s a plus. Also ordered a dozen Get Sum just to play around with. I played a couple of rounds with some Tour Soft and Super Soft. I love the feel of the real soft ball but they don’t hold the green like the three I normally play with because of the cover and low spin I’m sure.

I got out on our course yesterday. It was a light rain and our club was "closed". But, they let us through the gate. Had the course to myself - it was really beautiful. The MTB Black I was gaming was fantastic. Man - these are very good balls. As DFinch so eloquently stated up above, I also like to support an industry interrupter.

Just did a test last week, as I was given a dozen of the Snell and the TP5 each and wanted to test against the Pro v1 and the Vice Pro Plus which I had already played. Was pleasantly surprised.

Here is the entire test to watch and see all the results I got with each ball. You'll see some interesting numbers I think as I go through. Not a complete test but just thought it would be fun to try it out.

Is Snell more TP5 than TP5x?

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Well damn sure didn't need any golf balls but I did order / receive 6 dozen of the MTB Black. Like them much better than the Pro V's in every way. I've been playing for the Pro V's for years. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the 21 dozen Pro V's I have sitting around.

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

I noticed that too, lol. I also appreciate that his email actually said "Merry Christmas"

I agree. I wish more said Merry Christmas. I also wanted to thank Dean for his efforts to stay in touch with his customers. I know it must be tough as the company grows but it is obvious this is important to Dean. Merry Christmas to all and the Snell family!

Thank you.. Happy New Year to you and your family as well... some good stuff coming soon...let it develop..

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I hope I like the MTB Black. After reading the reviews and the feedback from members here, I took the plunge and ordered 6 dozen MTB black. I have been playing the 2018 QST and CS, so hopefully it will not be too hard of a transition.

Let us know what you think. I'm slowly converting some of my friends over to Snell :)

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I have enough holes with my MTB Blacks that I can give them a thumbs up. As durable as any other premium ball, spins at least as well off of irons or more, solid off of driver, no ballooning, normal distances, overall a very good ball. Glad I have 7 dozen left.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV