2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Mirror Vision app: better feedback

wmblake2000

how does this compare to live view?

Similar except you can just use an iPhone and iPad, as well as the functionality of v1 or Hudl. Very cool!

I wish this was out before i bought my live view. Is it fair to assume that there's no reason to buy this if I have live view? Maybe if they come up with the ability to view from two angles - that's a game changer.

They do seem similar, and both let you mark it up like V1. One difference does seem to be the instant, variable-speed replay you get with Live View, which picks up the sound of impact and replays the shot after whatever time lapse you set.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

Pull up your control panel and click on WiFi to make it white. This is what you want to see on the 4 icons on both devices. Grey, green, white, blue.

There is one thing about the app I don’t like and one other person had this issue too. It makes me look fat when I look at the mirror iPad.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Pull up your control panel and click on WiFi to make it white. This is what you want to see on the 4 icons on both devices. Grey, green, white, blue.

There is one thing about the app I don't like and one other person had this issue too. It makes me look fat when I look at the mirror iPad.

I cant do that on my iPad, how do you do it. I can on the iPhone, but not the iPad

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

There is one thing about the app I don't like and one other person had this issue too. It makes me look fat when I look at the mirror iPad.

I cant do that on my iPad, how do you do it. I can on the iPhone, but not the iPad

Start with your finger in the upper right corner of the iPad and swipe toward dead center of iPad

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Start with your finger in the upper right corner of the iPad and swipe toward dead center of iPad

Thanks, learn something new everyday, never did that on my iPad before.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit

This sounds like what I do today with my iPhone and iPad... Since no app existed I simply FaceTimed myself and then was able to achieve the poor man's Live View Golf using two devices

The downsides are there is no ability to draw lines, record, etc. Are these issues that this new app solves? If so, I'll be all over it!

There are lines and you can record the video. But the lines are not recorded. You can draw the lines on the recording as well. Seems like a nice app. A bit slow and buggy at times. But I guess that is to be expected.

hey mate, could you try turn wifi on both devices to non discoverable. Wifi icon will be light grey instead of blue in the control centre. Please let me know if that helps!

Helps how. My wifi icons are gray with discover-able or not. Does this improve performance?

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

how does this compare to live view?

Similar except you can just use an iPhone and iPad, as well as the functionality of v1 or Hudl. Very cool!

I wish this was out before i bought my live view. Is it fair to assume that there's no reason to buy this if I have live view? Maybe if they come up with the ability to view from two angles - that's a game changer.

The app creator can speak to this more accurately, but I read a comment from him in his Instagram that he's working on 2 angles.

Sounds like it definitely gives the Live View a run for its money. I can't believe how much that little device has changed my practice, absolutely love it. That instant feedback is incredible.

I can remember in the 90s when a pro here in town started doing video analysis. He'd shoot some video, then you'd go into the main office and sit in front of the TV and watch these terrible, distorted VHS clips and try to make sense of it. Pretty sure he'd draw on the screen with whiteboard marker. And the kicker was that you could leave with your tape. So cutting edge!

Yesterday I had a session where every swing I made played back at quarter speed through the Live View on my iPad, and I got basic launch info from the Mevo right next next to it on my phone. Come a long freaking way!

But how come I still suck? Lol

Technology is outpacing improvements in mainstream instruction. Still need help from a human who knows what he/she is doing. Still not enough of these folks around.

Technology is outpacing improvements in mainstream instruction. Still need help from a human who knows what he/she is doing. Still not enough of these folks around.

Totally agree with you on that Nevets. And sadly in my experience there are far more bad instructors than good, unfortunately. I got a huge eye opener a few years ago when I got more out of the first ten minutes of a lesson with Monte than I had in all the others I had before. And I realized how much the coach I'd been working with was actually hurting me. Gotta find someone who doesn't just get the golf swing, but gets teaching, like how people learn.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

The other thing this app makes me realize (besides the fact that I need to lose weight...ugh) is I really need to learn how to use video more intelligently. I set my camera pretty well (hand high, thorough hands at address) but just what my target motion looks like on video. For example I had always used shaft line as plane but now saw a few videos suggesting line from hosel thru rear elbow is better.

I get parallel to that line pretty quickly after transition but then go below plane line - like what mike mala-what’s-his-name talks about.

Getting a good video model for my template... that’s next. One of the big hurdles is settling in on what you’re trying to do (where the leverage is)

That said, I am already MUCH better at early wrist hinge on plane than just a week ago. 100% from using this.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Hey everyone, my name is Toby and I⤙m the creator of Mirror Vision. Great seeing all the feedback and thank you chuck for the post. Please feel free to ask me any questions about the app. Even better if you tell me where I⤙ve gone wrong or if you have any suggestions for future development.

Originally I just built it for my own game but now that it⤙s a product I would love to see it develop into something that everyone could find value in. So I⤙m always keen to hear everyone⤙s thoughts on it.

One thing I⤙d like to add as I⤙ve realised a few people have asked about latency or had some connection issues. Turning the wifi on both devices to ⤘non discoverable⤙ (grey icon not blue) in the control centre should solve this.

Cheers,

Toby

Welcome to the forum, but how can we trust you with our golf games if you have the iOS "weird character" problem on your posts? :)

wow I hope I didn’t make any mistakes like this in the app :/

Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply.

Here’s a link to a video that explains how to connect two devices and also show how to improve any latency issues you might be having.

As for future features, I’m all ears! Currently we’re doing research into adding multiple cameras. Apple will allow up to 8 devices to be connected. However, as were trying to stream huge amounts of data in real-time and bandwidth obviously being limited, its somewhat difficult. I’m confident that we’ll at least be able to connect 2 cameras shortly. Auto replay is also in the pipeline. Whether it be voice activated or by another means, I’m still working out what the best solution is.

The very next update will fix some various flaws and also add compare and voice over. Hope this helps!

Here’s a link to a video that explains how to connect two devices and also show how to improve any latency issues you might be having.

As for future features, I’m all ears! Currently we’re doing research into adding multiple cameras. Apple will allow up to 8 devices to be connected. However, as were trying to stream huge amounts of data in real-time and bandwidth obviously being limited, its somewhat difficult. I’m confident that we’ll at least be able to connect 2 cameras shortly. Auto replay is also in the pipeline. Whether it be voice activated or by another means, I’m still working out what the best solution is.

The very next update will fix some various flaws and also add compare and voice over. Hope this helps!

voice activation for record and stop record. also voice for playback?

Dunno how useful others would find this or if this is feasible, but a timer option for recording might make things more fluid.

So let's say I hit record and timer is set to a 1 minute delay. I'll do my practice moves and after a minute, it beeps and starts recording and I know to take a swing and tap to finish recording. This way you won't have to hit record after working on the practice moves, you can go straight to the swing.

Dunno how useful others would find this or if this is feasible, but a timer option for recording might make things more fluid.

So let's say I hit record and timer is set to a 1 minute delay. I'll do my practice moves and after a minute, it beeps and starts recording and I know to take a swing and tap to finish recording. This way you won't have to hit record after working on the practice moves, you can go straight to the swing.

Could also try one of those Bluetooth camera remotes.

Siri Shortcut integration!

voice activation for record and stop record. also voice for playback?

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

this would be a simple and sweet solution

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

Cool app/idea.

Subscription based pricing is not cool. Definitely swimming against the tide on that one unless you have a plethora of features/content you will be constantly adding; which given the core product isn't really possible.

I worked have paid $20 one-time no problem, maybe more if it doesn't have ads, but I'm not going to monitor a subscription for renewal for an app that at best gets used a couple times per week.

Cool app/idea.

Subscription based pricing is not cool. Definitely swimming against the tide on that one unless you have a plethora of features/content you will be constantly adding; which given the core product isn't really possible.

I worked have paid $20 one-time no problem, maybe more if it doesn't have ads, but I'm not going to monitor a subscription for renewal for an app that at best gets used a couple times per week.

The only competitor , Live View Golf, charges $329 for their product and this works better. How is $25 a year not cool?

Cool app/idea.

The only competitor , Live View Golf, charges $329 for their product and this works better. How is $25 a year not cool?

Seriously? They are not competitors. Two totally different ways of going about a similar result, but not really apples to apples. $289 holiday special is probably still a bit too high for Live View, but I don't know their costs or business goals. For all we know, the volume probably is not even close to sustaining more than a one man show.

But I do know the mobile app market very well. All the data I have shows subscription apps are not popular with users; a turn off actually, unless there are constant new features/content. As I wrote before, raise the price as a one time charge, maybe go with freemium model, or ads... But the sub model will cost what could have been otherwise easy sales.

Cool app/idea.

Seriously? They are not competitors. Two totally different ways of going about a similar result, but not really apples to apples. $289 holiday special is probably still a bit too high for Live View, but I don't know their costs or business goals. For all we know, the volume probably is not even close to sustaining more than a one man show.

But I do know the mobile app market very well. All the data I have shows subscription apps are not popular with users; a turn off actually, unless there are constant new features/content. As I wrote before, raise the price as a one time charge, maybe go with freemium model, or ads... But the sub model will cost what could have been otherwise easy sales.

Seriously. $25 a YEAR for this is a no brainer for a product I would otherwise have to pay $300 for and I’ll use nearly daily. This competes in the golf training aid market, not the app market. Clearly no expertise there.

Another point, live view golf is 60fps, VGA resolution, and only lasts 2hrs. This app scales with each new apple product which currently has much better specs, heck even a 2-3yr old iPad or phone has a better camera

This. I always wondered why LiveView went down the hardware route with their product when it could've so easily been solved solely with software. Everyone and their mother has a camera on their phone, and most people have iPads/tablets. Even if you had to buy an iPad today, I'd much rather spend the $300 on that than the LiveView camera that does absolutely nothing else.

I bought in on the first gen of LiveView, and it was novel at the time, I'll give it that, but it seriously had its limitations. Basically all I can do with it is practice positions or very slow segments of my swing. Full swing, and especially trying to see impact, forget it. I'm glad I passed up on the second gen. offer, because that would've been another $200-something for tech that's outdated a decade.

I'm not psyched on the price tag of the subscription for Mirror View, $25 annually better include some constant improvements, but it'll take 8+ years until it comes close to costing what LiveView does, forgetting time value of money, yada, yada.