CPO sent the wrong putter!

Mikey5e

Just went through this same issue with CPO. Ordered a driver, received a different model driver from what I ordered with a random shaft also non matching the order.

They no longer had the correct used driver in stock, so refund was my only option.

It was 35 days from them receiving my return before I received my refund this past week.

I've had a dozen positive experiences with CPO, but this latest wait on $300 refund for something not my fault/choice? That has left a sour taste in my mouth as well.

Just went through this same issue with CPO. Ordered a driver, received a different model driver from what I ordered with a random shaft also non matching the order.

They no longer had the correct used driver in stock, so refund was my only option.

It was 35 days from them receiving my return before I received my refund this past week.

I've had a dozen positive experiences with CPO, but this latest wait on $300 refund for something not my fault/choice? That has left a sour taste in my mouth as well.

That's too bad about that, I'd be very frustrated as well

As good as CPO's return policy is, it does take them a looooong time to process returns

it's much longer currently because of the black friday deal, holidays etc, but it can be very long regardless

I'm waiting on some that are well over a month at this point. But besides the time lag thing, they are very good about taking returns.

Yadi for President

How are you guys paying that are experiencing the long delays? I can see if paying by credit card it might take until the next billing cycle of your card, but if by PayPal or trade-in credit, that seems ridiculous. I get that they have to wait +/- week to receive the club back, then some time to inspect and determine what went wrong, but 35 days seems outrageous to me as well.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

It's not so much that it takes them that long to inspect/determine, it's that they apparently have such a huge amount of clubs and boxes coming in as returns/trades that they literally have weeks worth ahead of you regardless of the cause of your shipment.

In my example, I paid via credit card. CPO is very good about sending emails to update you on the status of your return. Where they had unintentionally sent the wrong club, they paid for the return shipping label as well. So my timeline went like this:

Ordered.

Received wrong club. Called same day, got return authorization and shipping label emailed to me.

Shipped club back the next day.

3 days later received email that Callaway had received my return and to please allow 21 business days for processing of return.

Nothing for 33 days.

Day 34 I received 2 emails. First said : Your return has been inspected and approved. Second email said: Your return has been processed and refunded.

Day 35 the credit showed on my credit card.

(Thanksgiving holiday was during this 33 day blackout period, probably extending things as well)

They were great about getting the credit to the card as soon as they processed the return, but the box must have sat in their warehouse/receiving department waiting to be opened for a month between arriving at CPO and them getting through the pile to my turn.

Fantastic deals, usually fantastic clubs that are better than advertised. Honestly CPO has been one of my favorite places to buy used clubs from through the years. Moving forward I'll be more cautious during the super sale events, seems with the huge increase in volume more mistakes are slipping through.

I purchased through PayPal. Never again will I use CPO! It just rubs me the wrong way that because of their own mistake they keep my money for 5 weeks?

If you paid through PayPal, can't you open a claim and get refunded much sooner?

Also, it's possible they just say "5 weeks" and you actually get refunded much sooner.

It is suspect that they would wait that long to refund.

I agree with straightshot... I would escalate the complaint.

I think you have a very valid argument, that you didn't simply change your mind, they sent the wrong putter. Take a screenshot of the confirmation and a picture of the putter and demand to speak with the manager of Customer Service.

I haven't used CPO very much, but I did have a couple of positive experiences with them. No one likes to spend an hour dealing with something like this, but it's almost mandatory if you're going to make a very public complaint.

Well, I just made my first ever purchase from CPO - an Odyssey O Works Red 7S in "Like New" condition. Hope they select the correct one and I don't have go through this! :)

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

I am a longtime CPO customer, but I have definitely noticed a shift downward recently. A good amount of my recent orders have had some issue. My last order recently is similar to others in this thread. Ordered an O-Works black putter, and received a red one. Then, I didn’t receive the shipping label to send it back, and had to call back again. And the whole refund delay thing. Not the end of the world, but not the best experience.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 f3

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘21 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedge 54*/10 and 58*/10, MMT 105 S Scoring Wedge

Byron Morgan DH89 Flow Neck Putter

I am a longtime CPO customer, but I have definitely noticed a shift downward recently. A good amount of my recent orders have had some issue. My last order recently is similar to others in this thread. Ordered an O-Works black putter, and received a red one. Then, I didn’t receive the shipping label to send it back, and had to call back again. And the whole refund delay thing. Not the end of the world, but not the best experience.

Well, at least I told my wife about about it and it could be a Christmas present to me (rather than just another un-needed golf purchase that she is unaware of), so hopefully that gets me some good karma!!??

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Well, at least I told my wife about about it and it could be a Christmas present to me (rather than just another un-needed golf purchase that she is unaware of), so hopefully that gets me some good karma!!??

Ha. In my case, they probably saved me from myself. I have countless other putters around, so didn’t need this one. But man, do they need to improve their inventory and sorting system, especially distinguishing between colors. Color matters, and if I order a black instead of a red, it is for a reason. Oh well, it is what it is.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 f3

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘21 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedge 54*/10 and 58*/10, MMT 105 S Scoring Wedge

Byron Morgan DH89 Flow Neck Putter

Ha. In my case, they probably saved me from myself. I have countless other putters around, so didn’t need this one. But man, do they need to improve their inventory and sorting system, especially distinguishing between colors. Color matters, and if I order a black instead of a red, it is for a reason. Oh well, it is what it is.

Oh, I hear you! I didn't "need" this putter either as I currently rotate 2 that are behaving, but just upgraded irons, driver, and wedges, so when that itch came putter was the easiest way to scratch :)! Hey, with the 25% off any single item CPO was running up until Christmas it was a no-brainer.

Now that putter is "upgraded", I guess I can start down the 3wd rabbit hole!

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

I just recently received a wrong putter, but customer service I received has been nothing but stellar.

Good to hear! I'm hoping mine will be correct (knock on wood)! Order was placed 12/24, got tracking info on 12/26, and it's been stuck about 4 hours away for 3 days now - at least no updates on tracking. It could be delivered tomorrow, or maybe Thursday? We have some type of El Nin~o going on here in NE OH, so I'd like to be able to take it out next week.

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

I phoned CPO back and told them they should refund my putter return right away because it was their mistake, they agreed, and refunded my PayPal account. The only problem was, they deducted shipping costs of the putter off of what they refunded me. I called them back and complained about it and they agreed that the shipping costs should have been returned as well. Quite a disappointing transaction with Callaway pre-owned and sending me the wrong putter, delaying a refund, refunding the wrong value, and then finally refunding what I actually paid. I put in a lot of effort and time to actually get nothing out of it but a headache.

OP

IMO, you should’ve picked up the phone a long time ago and talked with someone. Their customer service is outstanding, but it’s better when you have an issue to call and speak with a live person, explain the issue and don’t be an Word not allowed. If you get nowhere with that person, talk to a supervisor.

You’ve been bad mouthing a great vendor who a majority of members have zero issue with and when there’s a problem, it’s resolved satisfactorly in little time.

We get it, you’ll never buy from CPO again. I’m sure your business will be sorely missed.

IMO, you should’ve picked up the phone a long time ago and talked with someone. Their customer service is outstanding, but it’s better when you have an issue to call and speak with a live person, explain the issue and don’t be an Word not allowed. If you get nowhere with that person, talk to a supervisor.

You’ve been bad mouthing a great vendor who a majority of members have zero issue with and when there’s a problem, it’s resolved satisfactorly in little time.

We get it, you’ll never buy from CPO again. I’m sure your business will be sorely missed.

I don't really appreciate your tone, because all I have said is the truth. Even others have stated how the cs has been slipping there, so it's not just me. Also, after the insensitive way they handled my order they deserve a little negative feedback. Additionally, I did call them early on and discussed my order problem with them, and they told me I had to wait. After a little time I reconsidered the lack of cs and called them again in a firmer tone. They finally started to respond. Although, it po'd me by having the insensitivity to deny me s&h costs returned, and it was their mistake all along! Just poor professionalism from start to finish by cpo, and again, I think people have the right to hear my encounter. If you don't like it, we'll, sorry, maybe you should move on to another thread.

I don't really appreciate your tone, because all I have said is the truth. Even others have stated how the cs has been slipping there, so it's not just me. Also, after the insensitive way they handled my order they deserve a little negative feedback. Additionally, I did call them early on and discussed my order problem with them, and they told me I had to wait. After a little time I reconsidered the lack of cs and called them again in a firmer tone. They finally started to respond. Although, it po'd me by having the insensitivity to deny me s&h costs returned, and it was their mistake all along! Just poor professionalism from start to finish by cpo, and again, I think people have the right to hear my encounter. If you don't like it, we'll, sorry, maybe you should move on to another thread.

You are absolutely entitle to share your experience. The issue (for me) is the tone and the repetitive rage you express. You've posted several times how you'll never do business with them again and "f cpo". As the other poster said, we get it. In the end you had a time-wasting purchasing experience with a company but in the end you were made whole. It sucks, but it is far from the nightmare you keep ranting about.

As Callaway and CPO grow in popularity, they may have more slip-ups... That's unfortunate but not the blight to humanity you make it out to be. It sounds like in the end they owned up to all of your complaints and took full responsibility for the mistakes (including the reimbursement issues). On balance with all of the positive experiences you hear abouy CPO, I'd still put them at/near the top of golf equipment customer service. If you don't, I don't fault you. Best of luck on your next purchase experience. Happy 2019.

Okay, I relent somewhat, but I don't think I had rage over the situation. In the past I've always said good things about Callaway pre-owned because they have always delivered on what they advertised. I don't have a problem with them sending out the wrong putter, but I feel customer service should bend over backwards to make the situation correct, and that was my biggest complaint that they didn't do that. It felt like I had to pull teeth to get it to what I thought was a fair understanding. In the future I will go to Callaway pre-owned if they have something I want because they usually do deliver. I probably shouldn't have fbombed them, but it was in the heat of the rage as you described. I do question there ability to send out the right product oh, because it seems to be slacking a bit of late due to what I just experienced and what others have said. Again, Callaway is a pretty good company oh, and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again, but I would probably make sure it's the right club before it sent out.

And if you don’t like an opinion that doesn’t agree with yours, maybe, just maybe YOU shouldnt share it on an open forum that encourages others to respond. You’re pretty thin skinned to get all butt hurt when someone points out the flaw(s) in your logic. You have one bad experience with one of the better vendors out there, and come out here trying to trash them for everyone else. How’d that work out for you?

Hoping you have a good 2019. Be a little more proactive next time you have an issue that you want made right.

I don't understand why people get so defensive when someone shares a bad experience with CPO. I've made many purchases with them and they have progressively gotten worse and worse with their condition ratings. Is he supposed to just take it in stride because some members here like the place? By the looks of it, he's not the only one who had to deal with the same issue. I don't know what's so wrong with sharing experiences, good and bad.

His logic is that CPO screwed up and sent the wrong item. Now he is expected to wait 4+ weeks for a refund? That's not acceptable. How is that flawed? He should be responsible to contact them over and over again until he gets a refund in a reasonable time?

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

And if you don’t like an opinion that doesn’t agree with yours, maybe, just maybe YOU shouldnt share it on an open forum that encourages others to respond. You’re pretty thin skinned to get all butt hurt when someone points out the flaw(s) in your logic. You have one bad experience with one of the better vendors out there, and come out here trying to trash them for everyone else. How’d that work out for you?

Hoping you have a good 2019. Be a little more proactive next time you have an issue that you want made right.

Man, take a pill, will you? I am not upset at all, just making some posts. You must have jumped right from the post that upset you and overlooked the recant I posted right above your blow up message, lol rotf. I think you're the one who's getting overly upset, because I sure am not. Please read my recant post, then relax a bit.

Well finally the third attempt i received the correct putter thanks to CPO salesperson Jordan. Here's the long & short of it.CPO must have elf's working the shop this month because they are definitely asleep @ the shop. I ordered San Diego 34" standard loft/lie like new H1 hosel. Received it last week, putter was clearly bent i had my pro measure it 2° flat wtf, call CPO no problem they sent me another one i received 12/7/18. It's San Diego black from the custom shop with an H/9 long hosel no no no?.I make another call 12/10/18 received the correct San Diego standard lie/loft H1 hosel today. I think CPO has very good products they just need to make sure the quality control team stays on point.

I've tried to purchase a couple Toulons from Callaway Preowned and all of them have showed up in either the wrong condition, the wrong finish, or the wrong hosel. One came with the wrong finish, wrong condition, wrong weight, and wrong grip. The only thing right about it was the model.

They're great about returns but I've just gotten to the point that it's just not worth the hassle.

Well finally the third attempt i received the correct putter thanks to CPO salesperson Jordan. Here's the long & short of it.CPO must have elf's working the shop this month because they are definitely asleep @ the shop. I ordered San Diego 34" standard loft/lie like new H1 hosel. Received it last week, putter was clearly bent i had my pro measure it 2° flat wtf, call CPO no problem they sent me another one i received 12/7/18. It's San Diego black from the custom shop with an H/9 long hosel no no no?.I make another call 12/10/18 received the correct San Diego standard lie/loft H1 hosel today. I think CPO has very good products they just need to make sure the quality control team stays on point.

I've tried to purchase a couple Toulons from Callaway Preowned and all of them have showed up in either the wrong condition, the wrong finish, or the wrong hosel. One came with the wrong finish, wrong condition, wrong weight, and wrong grip. The only thing right about it was the model.

They're great about returns but I've just gotten to the point that it's just not worth the hassle.

So we don't need to hear any more from you? I take that back, if you've had that many bad experiences from them you should be speaking up. I just bought my first item from them the day after XMas, and shipping is all wonky. Not sure to put that on them or UPS - it's been sitting in CLE since 12/29, but not delivered as of today 01/02? Doesn't even show "out for delivery" or anything. I blame it on UPS!

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

So we don't need to hear any more from you? I take that back, if you've had that many bad experiences from them you should be speaking up. I just bought my first item from them the day after XMas, and shipping is all wonky. Not sure to put that on them or UPS - it's been sitting in CLE since 12/29, but not delivered as of today 01/02? Doesn't even show "out for delivery" or anything. I blame it on UPS!

I used to buy a lot from them and recommended people buy from them because it seemed like from a condition standpoint you'd get at worst what it was listed as and most of them times the club would show up almost new. Now you're really lucky if you get the club you ordered and it's almost guaranteed that if you buy something that is listed as hard to differentiate from new you're definitely going to be disappointed when it shows up.

They're always great about returns and it's no questions asked but the hassle of constantly having to return clubs finally outweighed the benefit for me. Of the last 10 purchases I made from them they may have gotten two of them correct and I had to return six or seven of them for just being completely wrong.

Can't say I have ever had the wrong club shipped to me by CPO, maybe holiday additional staff?

For people buying used equipment, some seem to have some really high expectations....I'm just saying

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

Can't say I have ever had the wrong club shipped to me by CPO, maybe holiday additional staff?

For people buying used equipment, some seem to have some really high expectations....I'm just saying

If that is the case, CPO needs to tone down their descriptions. A like-new listing, which they state should be hard to tell the difference from an actually new club, should not have scratches and nicks in the crown. Every wood I have purchased from them over the past 3 years have come this way. One of them even had a dented face.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS