Would you rather watch golf or

NoTalentLefty

some other sport and why?

I watch more golf than anything. After years of being a St. Louis Cardinal fan and a Cowboy fan, I’ve lost interest. Not so much for political reasons for football but a general love of a sport where playing well is the only way you make money. Guess NASCAR and tennis have that element as well but never was a Motorhead and tennis for me died after I stopped playing in my 30s.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once college football starts, golf on TV stops for me. The Ryder Cup is the one exception but with it being across the pond this year it makes viewing times match up less with college football.

My thoughts exactly. I feel like the only person in America that didn't watch TW win this past weekend. I will try to watch some Ryder Cup this week if there aren't any good games during the same time. During Masters week, God forbid anybody change the channel from Augusta coverage.

Once college football starts, golf on TV stops for me. The Ryder Cup is the one exception but with it being across the pond this year it makes viewing times match up less with college football.

My thoughts exactly. I feel like the only person in America that didn't watch TW win this past weekend. I will try to watch some Ryder Cup this week if there aren't any good games during the same time. During Masters week, God forbid anybody change the channel from Augusta coverage.

I didn’t watch. But I do watch a lot. Even college football has lost some of its appeal for me (maybe becasue Nebraska is so bad). I also watch a lot baseball and will watch even more when the payoffs start. And with the pennant races are so compelling right now, it’s like the playoffs have already started.

Depends on the golf tourney.

The masters and March madness take priority with college football taking the cake in the fall. Playoff baseball is high on the list too. Now that I'm thinking about, none of them really interfere and that is good cause choosing would be horrible. Multiple screens would be needed!

Football first (although if there keeps on being 5,678 flags a game, might "punt" on it).

Baseball if the Rockies are in contention (the last couple seasons have sucked, usually I can give up by July 4th. Actually have to pay attention to the end this year and last year)

NBA playoffs sometimes, or give up once the Nuggets are out.

However, now that Tiger Woods is back, I bumped the majors and the Tour championship above all of them. I never realized how much Tiger impacted how much I watched golf until this season. The Tiger draw is real.

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

I only watch football or baseball if o am somewhere and it is out of my control what is in the tv (bar, friends house), or if I’m at a game with my wife (she likes it, I go for her enjoyment). I won’t watch basketball. If I’m at the house and have nothing to do (weather is bad and we don’t have anywhere to go), I’ll watch golf. Otherwise, I’d rather go play golf or just generally do something outside.

I played all of the major sports growing up (football, baseball, basketball and track), but when I blew my knee out my senior year and had to quit, I lost interest completely. If my wife didn’t like football and baseball, I’d be perfectly happy never watching another minute of either.

College football, MLB, golf (especially women’s . . . play closer to my level) and Premier League soccer, in that order. When the kneeling fiasco ends, I might start watching the NFL again.

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S) Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R) Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R) Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R) Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R) Ping Darby Sigma G

After the PGA I’m finished with golf. This year was different only because I wanted to see Tiger win again. Tomorrow the Bruins start so that will be my priority. All my life it was college football this time of year. But the game has changed so much I just lost all interest. All they do is pass, do not like the shotgun and the endless challenges. Just a different game. I enjoy boxing but that rarely conflicts with anything as the best fights are usually after 9 central.

Hawkeye football and basketball (because BB doesn't really conflict) take precedence but otherwise it's golf. So that means I watch a lot. Still, Masters and Open at the top, Kapalua is nice when it comes, lots of Euro golf because of when it is on. Most other golf depends on storylines and weather, because I'll play golf weather permitting or spend time outdoors especially fall/winter with a dog before watching almost any golf.

My watching order:

Golf - majors, TPC, any Euro/Asian stuff that catches my eye, and obviously the Ryder Cup

Cricket if it's England playing

UFC depending on who is fighting

Rugby if it's England playing

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

Except the majors and ryder cup I don't much golf on TV. Sky commentary is dull as dish water. Watch the last 2 days mainly on the BBC as its simply miles better. It's just footy on TV for me, 90 minutes of drama when it comes to the Premier league (mostly). The emotions of say the United - Newcastle game on Saturday is what pure sport is about. Only the majors and ryder Cup do that in golf... And probably the masters is the most dramatic, its just a sporting arena the back 9 at augusta

I almost never sit down to watch golf anymore. Usually try to catch the majors and maybe the Players. I saw maybe 15 mins of the Ryder Cup.

Ive gotten to where the only college football I watch is when UGA is playing. I did watch a lot of the Braves this year. Actually had something to cheer for.

I guess my priorities have changed. I’d rather spend time with my family or go play golf than wasting hours watching games that don’t impact my life. Big change from a few years back.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

• 2 weeks later...

Except the majors and ryder cup I don't much golf on TV. Sky commentary is dull as dish water. Watch the last 2 days mainly on the BBC as its simply miles better. It's just footy on TV for me, 90 minutes of drama when it comes to the Premier league (mostly). The emotions of say the United - Newcastle game on Saturday is what pure sport is about. Only the majors and ryder Cup do that in golf... And probably the masters is the most dramatic, its just a sporting arena the back 9 at augusta

I had to leave for work when Newcastle was 2-up. Wish I'd recorded that game . . . never expected to hear MU would pull it off!

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S) Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R) Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R) Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R) Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R) Ping Darby Sigma G

• 2 weeks later...

I basically only watch soccer live and golf via DVR.

I have a life so I don’t watch football.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on the day and time for me.

My fiancee's family hosts a watching Party for every Cowboy game, complete with a food spread of some kind. So that is usually a Sunday no-brainer. Then we are both pretty loyal Stars and Mavericks fans, so that usually takes up the prime time spot during the winter and spring. Golf gets a lot of day time viewing on the weekends, even if it's the previous round.

I'll watch golf on winter nights and the majors. I'm almost exclusively watching club soccer, nothing else, anymore.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

The only sport i watch regularly outside of the playoffs is football, college and pro. My biggest problem with golf on TV is the lack of drama in a lot of tourneys. It's why I love the Masters.... The back nine on Sunday has a lot of birdie and eagle chances and if you're not firing at pins someone can come from 4 back in a blink of the eye. I never miss that. But most tourneys and majors on Sundays are BORING with a guy protecting a lead and a bunch of guys playing their same game, hoping some putts will fall but content for a nice fat check in 2nd or 3rd place.

It's that lack of drama that kills me in other sports. I can't watch baseball outside the playoffs.... 162 games, 10 bajillion pitcher changes, just too boring. Basketball has a bit more drama, but not the right kind, more guys whining and throwing up their arms and individual crap. I can't stand NBA but college is decent, mainly the tournament and a few big matchups during the season. I like hockey but not 82 games worth.... I'll watch games here or there, but kind of same deal, not much regular season drama.

Football is good because for a lot of teams, you lose and you're out. I like college for the unpredictable nature and crazy plays. Pro is not as good, but can be fun, can't wait for the shootout tonight. It's also good because you don't need a ton of focus on it.

The only sport i watch regularly outside of the playoffs is football, college and pro. My biggest problem with golf on TV is the lack of drama in a lot of tourneys. It's why I love the Masters.... The back nine on Sunday has a lot of birdie and eagle chances and if you're not firing at pins someone can come from 4 back in a blink of the eye. I never miss that. But most tourneys and majors on Sundays are BORING with a guy protecting a lead and a bunch of guys playing their same game, hoping some putts will fall but content for a nice fat check in 2nd or 3rd place.

It's that lack of drama that kills me in other sports. I can't watch baseball outside the playoffs.... 162 games, 10 bajillion pitcher changes, just too boring. Basketball has a bit more drama, but not the right kind, more guys whining and throwing up their arms and individual crap. I can't stand NBA but college is decent, mainly the tournament and a few big matchups during the season. I like hockey but not 82 games worth.... I'll watch games here or there, but kind of same deal, not much regular season drama.

Football is good because for a lot of teams, you lose and you're out. I like college for the unpredictable nature and crazy plays. Pro is not as good, but can be fun, can't wait for the shootout tonight. It's also good because you don't need a ton of focus on it.

^this

• 5 weeks later...

Love to watch. Golf. College football is second. College basketball 3rd. That’s it. I detest pro sports for the most part. I can stomach an NBA game sometimes. But depends on who’s playing. NFL ? Not a chance. Hate it. I’d rather go to the grocery store or weedeat a fence.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I will watch Army Football anytime I get the chance (we had a great run this year...). I watch all the Majors. Then it is hit or miss except for SportsCenter in the early morning over coffee after getting some exercise.

I agree with the general sentiment regarding pro sports except for the playoffs, which I do watch at least some of those games.