Masters Tickets

rlconklin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, after 10 years of trying - 2 tickets for Friday! I guess I better book the hotel stay now before it fills up. I know it's not a great area, but does anyone with experience have suggestions for a nice 3'ish star hotel that you'd recommend?

In Augusta or just outside? Where will you be coming from (flying into, driving from?). Rough budget? Feel free to PM me if you'd like..

Finally, after 10 years of trying - 2 tickets for Friday! I guess I better book the hotel stay now before it fills up. I know it's not a great area, but does anyone with experience have suggestions for a nice 3'ish star hotel that you'd recommend?

If you want to stay anywhere in Augusta, expect to pay a lot for even a so-so hotel. We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites (which after checking in we were referring to as the "Not So Quality Inn & Suites") very close to the course last year and I think it was like $400 a night. Some of the nicer hotels go for $6-800/night.

If you want it to be more affordable, stay somewhere 60-90 minutes away and make the drive into Augusta early AM.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

One final question: with Friday being a "one and done", I might want to add one more day (either Thursday or Saturday) to extend the experience a bit. Am I looking at buying it off a scalper for $1000+ each? Would it be better to purchase now? Sorry for the noob questions, I'll research more tonight but just wanted a quick primer.

rejected again, my new plan will be to win the powerball lotery and just buy masters tickets for 4k. Should give me a better chance of picking them up.

Sound approach I say. Odds can't be much worse!

I think people are greatly exaggerating the odds. As you can see from the thread, people hit. It's probably about 10-1 to hit something if you put in for every day. That doesn't mean you can't go 15-20 years without winning though. Just keep trying.

To clarify, I'm only speaking to "my" odds. Not those afforded the rest of civilization.........

I will, however, continue to submit an entry each and every year primarily due to the fact that I seem to crave rejection and disappointment.

Plus, it might make for an interesting aside to my eulogy when I finally DO win in the months immediately following my DEATH!

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

Stayed here last year: http://augusta.eccosuites.com/

Redone semi-recently so not too shabby, beds were not the most comfortable but we didn't spend much time in in the room. SUPER close to the course.

If you want to stay anywhere in Augusta, expect to pay a lot for even a so-so hotel. We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites (which after checking in we were referring to as the "Not So Quality Inn & Suites") very close to the course last year and I think it was like $400 a night. Some of the nicer hotels go for $6-800/night.

If you want it to be more affordable, stay somewhere 60-90 minutes away and make the drive into Augusta early AM.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Thomson... they messed up last year and never changed their cost paying with points. We got 2 nights for the equivalent of $200...

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Thomson... they messed up last year and never changed their cost paying with points. We got 2 nights for the equivalent of $200...

Wow, that's a huge win!

2 years ago, I had Monday tickets and stayed a Sunday night. I'm not sure if all places just don't up their rates until Monday night or what, but we stayed at the Clarion Inn & Suites right off Washington near the course for like $149 or something ridiculous.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

• 2 weeks later...

Not sending me an email right away when everyone else got theirs, waiting for me to check it out myself to find out I'd been rejected and then finally sending the rejection email days later just to rub it in seemed more than a little punitive - we didn't run, didn't yell after anyone's tee shot, we let people use our chairs while we were off elsewhere and bought lots of crap - Augusta you are a cruel mistress.

• 5 months later...

in need of tickets for this year, is it safe to buy on Stubhub?

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

Fred Ridley's number one priority since becoming chairman is curbing the ticket scalping process. Buyer's and sellers beware!

https://www.golf.com...-sellers-beware

That initiative was already under way before Fred, but no doubt it will continue. Don't see anything about it being his personal number one priority - link?

I think the course and improvements are always up there at the top.

Can anyone explain to me why the Masters committee is so concerned about the resale of tickets? It seems to me that the guys and gals willing to shell out top dollar for tickets are the most loyal golf fans out there. The type of fans that the Masters would be most interested in hosting.

Are they concerned that scalpers are profiting off of their product? Seems a little petty, but I suppose it’s their right to do so, but again, why punish the passionate golf fan who purchased the ticket?

Can anyone explain to me why the Masters committee is so concerned about the resale of tickets? It seems to me that the guys and gals willing to shell out top dollar for tickets are the most loyal golf fans out there. The type of fans that the Masters would be most interested in hosting.

Are they concerned that scalpers are profiting off of their product? Seems a little petty, but I suppose it's their right to do so, but again, why punish the passionate golf fan who purchased the ticket?

They are trying to limit the people that will spare no expense and buy their way to a ticket. If it gets out of hand, there will be no real fans at the Masters. Yes, the Masters people have nothing but money, but to a certain extent they try not to show it when it comes to fan participation. They would rather have a fan with no money than a person there that has money and is just there because they "have" to be there for stroke their ego.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Are they concerned that scalpers are profiting off of their product? Seems a little petty, but I suppose it's their right to do so, but again, why punish the passionate golf fan who purchased the ticket?

They don't need scalped ticket sales to "host" patrons - people are going to attend.

I don't think it's petty to protect the integrity of their ticket sales system, lol. Aside from the tickets they make available to the general public, the badges are one of the most exclusive tickets around.

Ticket resale and scalping has become a lot bigger business than it used to be - if AN thinks that making tickets available to the general public is resulting in more abuse and profiteering than what they can tolerate I'd rather they tried to stop the practices than just decide that general public tickets aren't worth the hassle.

Forewarned is forearmed and rules are rules. I don't get people that think there is some "entitlement" to get around whatever rules they have in place.

That being said, we were happy to buy second hand tickets for Tuesday in 2016 and were confident we were dealing with a reputable "reseller". If I'm lucky enough to get selected again I guarantee I won't be selling my tickets on StubHub, etc. - I'll be going.

They are trying to limit the people that will spare no expense and buy their way to a ticket. If it gets out of hand, there will be no real fans at the Masters. Yes, the Masters people have nothing but money, but to a certain extent they try not to show it when it comes to fan participation. They would rather have a fan with no money than a person there that has money and is just there because they "have" to be there for stroke their ego.

How are people who buy second hand not “real fans” but the ones who were selected in the lottery are “real fans”.

How are people who buy second hand not "real fans" but the ones who were selected in the lottery are "real fans".

Try reading the post carefully. It seems to be the thing to be seen at events. They don't care how much it costs, they just go to be seen and could care less about the golf. At least with the Masters committee trying to prevent this as much as they can, they hope that they can get more tickets into the hands of people who feel fortunate to get tickets in the legitimate manner and will attend rather than try and profit from their good fortune.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

They don't need scalped ticket sales to "host" patrons - people are going to attend.

I don't think it's petty to protect the integrity of their ticket sales system, lol. Aside from the tickets they make available to the general public, the badges are one of the most exclusive tickets around.

Ticket resale and scalping has become a lot bigger business than it used to be - if AN thinks that making tickets available to the general public is resulting in more abuse and profiteering than what they can tolerate I'd rather they tried to stop the practices than just decide that general public tickets aren't worth the hassle.

Forewarned is forearmed and rules are rules. I don't get people that think there is some "entitlement" to get around whatever rules they have in place.

That being said, we were happy to buy second hand tickets for Tuesday in 2016 and were confident we were dealing with a reputable "reseller". If I'm lucky enough to get selected again I guarantee I won't be selling my tickets on StubHub, etc. - I'll be going.

So you would’ve been totally cool with the ticket agent in 2016 telling you that you weren’t allowed in the gates? If so, then more power to you. Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I just don’t get their strong stance on what seems like a pretty trivial issue.