2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

All Things Ohio Golf

hazebronso

Thanks for the recommendations. Scheduled some time with True Spec later this month.

Let me know how True Spec is I’ve been thinking about checking it out.

TM SLDR 9.5 Matrix 6Q3
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 3W, 3 Hybrid
TM Rocketballz Stage 1 4 Hybrid
Speedblade 5-AW-KBS 90
Rossa CGB Fontana
Titleist Vokey SM5 54 & 60

Hey mother nature....shout out for giving us these great days in the 70s so we can continue to play some golf! :WTF:

We go from 90 degree oppressive heat to 50s. Nice.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

Hey mother nature....shout out for giving us these great days in the 70s so we can continue to play some golf! :WTF:

No kidding!!!

Fall golf is by far my favorite time of the year and it sure doesn't look like we are going to get any of that this year.

Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
Taylormade SIM 5 wood w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-80X
Sub 70 699u Pro 2 iron 17* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-90X
Mizuno MMC 4-6 w/ Dynamic Gold- X100

Mizuno MP20 7-PW w/ Dynamic Gold-X100
Mizuno MP T20 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S-400 
Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

PSA: The greens at Denison Golf Club are the best they have been all year. I do not know when they are going to aerate, but they were rolling fast and true last weekend. Looking forward to my next round Saturday morning.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

It just mirrors our Spring. 50 to 90....90 to 50. How about 65 to 80 degree weather..you know..ideal state for golf. We hate you mother nature!!!

Played 10 days ago in shorts and short sleeves at 85. Glorious. I love the heat. Shot 1 over.

Yesterday I finished at sunset and it was 46 and I couldn’t feel my hands. Three doubles on the back 9... Shot 8 over.

I really need to find a way to go south in the winter without being retired. Too many aches and pains and bad joints to play cold.

It just mirrors our Spring. 50 to 90....90 to 50. How about 65 to 80 degree weather..you know..ideal state for golf. We hate you mother nature!!!

Seems Ohio has only had two seasons the last couple of years. Someone once told me that Ohio was a great state to be from. I'm starting to understand that more and more.

Here in Northeast Ohio, Played last Wednesday when it was 80. Also played Sunday when it was like 40 but actually warmed up and I was able to take the Under Armour base layer off.

Home course timed their aeration perfectly and finished just before it rained. All of the sand worked in quickly and the growth has returned the greens to late May conditions. Other courses around here haven't even started. I have a feeling more than a couple of places are going to have issues next season

Here in Northeast Ohio, Played last Wednesday when it was 80. Also played Sunday when it was like 40 but actually warmed up and I was able to take the Under Armour base layer off.

Home course timed their aeration perfectly and finished just before it rained. All of the sand worked in quickly and the growth has returned the greens to late May conditions. Other courses around here haven't even started. I have a feeling more than a couple of places are going to have issues next season

My brother and I also played Sunday morning and the first 5-6 holes were rough being in the low 40s but after that it wasn’t too bad, finally started feeling my fingers and toes.

My brother and I also played Sunday morning and the first 5-6 holes were rough being in the low 40s but after that it wasn't too bad, finally started feeling my fingers and toes.

I wanted to switch things up so I walked and played with 8 clubs. 1 and 2 are short and tight so irons are the play off the tee. 4 iron off of 1 and 2 with no warm up and a 42 degree air temp makes for numb finger tips and LONG approaches. Got to 5 and realized how warm I was. Made the switch on 6 tee and birdied both 6 and 7 (par 5s). Had a blast! Didn't get the breeze from a cart so I was able to keep my hands warm. Might try and do this a bit more over the winter as long as the precipitation holds off.

My brother and I also played Sunday morning and the first 5-6 holes were rough being in the low 40s but after that it wasn't too bad, finally started feeling my fingers and toes.

I wanted to switch things up so I walked and played with 8 clubs. 1 and 2 are short and tight so irons are the play off the tee. 4 iron off of 1 and 2 with no warm up and a 42 degree air temp makes for numb finger tips and LONG approaches. Got to 5 and realized how warm I was. Made the switch on 6 tee and birdied both 6 and 7 (par 5s). Had a blast! Didn't get the breeze from a cart so I was able to keep my hands warm. Might try and do this a bit more over the winter as long as the precipitation holds off.

A lot of people walk when it gets colder but unfortunately I’m not able to because of back issues so I grin and bear it from the cart. We played windmill lakes and my drive on the first tee was short and left which is typical for me. Second shot I hit a 5 Iron that seemed to go about 130yds which is comical because my 5 is typically a 200yd club for me as long as I strike it well. But overall it was a great day and I beat my brother so that made it even better

A lot of people walk when it gets colder but unfortunately I'm not able to because of back issues so I grin and bear it from the cart. We played windmill lakes and my drive on the first tee was short and left which is typical for me. Second shot I hit a 5 Iron that seemed to go about 130yds which is comical because my 5 is typically a 200yd club for me as long as I strike it well. But overall it was a great day and I beat my brother so that made it even better

Love Windmill. First time on a course was there with my dad as a kid. I played earlier this year and was impressed with the tree removal they did. Definitely made it more playable. Is it just me or have the conditions there suffered a bit?

A lot of people walk when it gets colder but unfortunately I'm not able to because of back issues so I grin and bear it from the cart. We played windmill lakes and my drive on the first tee was short and left which is typical for me. Second shot I hit a 5 Iron that seemed to go about 130yds which is comical because my 5 is typically a 200yd club for me as long as I strike it well. But overall it was a great day and I beat my brother so that made it even better

Love Windmill. First time on a course was there with my dad as a kid. I played earlier this year and was impressed with the tree removal they did. Definitely made it more playable. Is it just me or have the conditions there suffered a bit?

This year they seemed to have been a little worse than last year but the tree removal was definitely an improvement. I usually play there 2-3 times a year and it’s always been one of my favorites in ne Ohio

Anyone interested in playing next Friday afternoon.

Edit. Nevermind. Stupid work. Got notified of 2 mtgs for next Friday. Of course. Lame.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

Back in the day Windmill Lakes was a pristine course. This is going back 20yrs. While it remains a fun track and good people it’s not anywhere near it’s prevous self. Still worth a visit, nice pro shop too.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Back in the day Windmill Lakes was a pristine course. This is going back 20yrs. While it remains a fun track and good people it's not anywhere near it's prevous self. Still worth a visit, nice pro shop too.

Back in the day wasn't even that long ago...5-6 years. Sadly, those that made it great have retired or are close. Also seems to coincide with the opening of the Kent State practice facility near campus. No need to make the trip to Windmill when they have a private indoor and outdoor putting green and full range with Trackman 5 minutes away.

Back in the day Windmill Lakes was a pristine course. This is going back 20yrs. While it remains a fun track and good people it's not anywhere near it's prevous self. Still worth a visit, nice pro shop too.

Back in the day wasn't even that long ago...5-6 years. Sadly, those that made it great have retired or are close. Also seems to coincide with the opening of the Kent State practice facility near campus. No need to make the trip to Windmill when they have a private indoor and outdoor putting green and full range with Trackman 5 minutes away.

Seems like each time I’ve gone there the Kent state guys or girls are there playing. I’ve also been more recently introduced to fowlers mill which for me has surpassed windmill as one of my favorites around ne Ohio

Does anyone want to play Stonelick Hills Saturday morning? 7:50. Can't book/play as a single, I believe it is the first tee time. Coming from Chicago for a wedding, but if it makes it any better I hate the Cubs, so we probably have that in common.

If you hot out to Stonelick I hope you liked it. What'd you think about it compared to your course's up in Chicago?

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

For those in central ohio Indian Springs in Mechanicsburg is closing and is going up for sale soon. It's where i got my start in the golf turf industry back in 99. Really sad what happened to it over the last 10+ years, was once one of the top 5-10 public courses in the state. They lost/cut down many trees that took away from the course and a failing irrigation system and lack of budget really put a strain on conditions in that time frame. Sad for me to hear, another one bites the dust.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any information (without having to submit a formal request) for the Hamilton Elks Golf Club? As the only info I can find is if I am adding to the cart for total costs.

I do understand you have to become an "Elk" in which you have to have members vouch for you. Unfortunately, I will no longer qualify for the 30 and under fees as I am 31. Also, I have a 3 year old son, would he be considered a Junior?

Any info would be great - Took 2 years away from the game, figuring I would strike up again once I though he was of age to tag along.

Anyone have any information (without having to submit a formal request) for the Hamilton Elks Golf Club? As the only info I can find is if I am adding to the cart for total costs.

I do understand you have to become an "Elk" in which you have to have members vouch for you. Unfortunately, I will no longer qualify for the 30 and under fees as I am 31. Also, I have a 3 year old son, would he be considered a Junior?

Any info would be great - Took 2 years away from the game, figuring I would strike up again once I though he was of age to tag along.

Hey there, I'm an Elk over there and play quite a bit. Yes you become an Elk which is pretty easy, then you can sign up for the early bird rate before the end of January. I think he would be considered a junior, but 3 is quite young so maybe bringing him now and then wouldn't be worth joining as a family. You could see if they would just let you treat him like a junior guest maybe. My buddy has a little guy he brings sometimes, I'll ask him what they do about that.

It's a great deal. Feel free to ask anything else. I have a detailed pricing list for next year. The guys in the shop are cool too so they can answer anything for ya.

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

Playing Shady Hollow CC in Jackson Township, Canton on Friday. We got lucky today with no snow and the coast seems clear until Sat. Shady’s a fun track! Little bonus that day with a small warmup from this cold too. Looking forward to some fresh air. Happy Thanksgiving to all you Ohioans!

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

• 1 month later...

Anyone sign up for the Windmill lakes deal? basically 2 years of unlimited golf for $200! only limitation is after 11 on weekends and Holidays.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder that the Cincinnati Golf Show is next weekend 1/18 - 1/20. Some of the local golf stores including Golf Exchange has 1/2 price tix for anyone looking for them. PS - I don't have any affiliation with the show or GE, just a golf fan.

Ping G430 w/ Tour 2.0
Ping G430 3W  

Ping G410 3H, 4H

Ping i525 5-PW Project X IO
Cleveland CBX 2 48*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56*
TM Spider X 34" blue

Alphard V2 wheels