STUDIO STAINLESS CIRCLE T??

peterkcc

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler from 2nd Swing PMed me this morning and explained the situation. He admitted they messed up. The putter was not valued correctly on the trade in and slipped through their system. Normally they would send the putter to the custom shop before selling it. He wasn’t 100% sure on authenticity due to the stamping. He was sure it was a legit Cameron head, so they shipped the putter anyway. He reassured me they would stand behind it if there was a problem. It will be here tomorrow.

In the meantime, I located the putter in the registry. Everything is 100% original. I got the deal of the century.

https://www.scottycameron.com/authentication/registry/Details.aspx?rn=A009401&registry-submit=search

Great buy. The only person who lost out is the person who got $100 in 2nd Swing store credit.

Why would they want to send to the CS? COA or?

Lots of reasons stuff like this happens. Could have been out of an estate sell. A lot of "pickers" will see a golf club bag and pay $20 or $30 thinking they can just run it over to 2nd swing and make a quick $100.

Great buy. The only person who lost out is the person who got $100 in 2nd Swing store credit.

Lots of reasons stuff like this happens. Could have been out of an estate sell. A lot of "pickers" will see a golf club bag and pay $20 or $30 thinking they can just run it over to 2nd swing and make a quick $100.

It wouldn’t surprise me if I hear from the police in Minnesota.

Nah. Cops are really good at saying "there's nothing we can do about it."

Enjoy it!

I would be tempted to clean it up a little, at least refresh the paint fill. Maybe bead blast the top line and shoulders, but ultimately throw some kind of non-descript head cover on it and play with it.

I found a deal on one without a tour COA, sent it in and got it (took forever) and then I really didn't want to play it because I knew what it was worth. But, I had 4 times what you have in it. Had I had much less, I guess if it had been stolen, I would just say "I'm out $160" not $2k.

Nah. Cops are really good at saying "there's nothing we can do about it."

Enjoy it!

I would be tempted to clean it up a little, at least refresh the paint fill. Maybe bead blast the top line and shoulders, but ultimately throw some kind of non-descript head cover on it and play with it.

I found a deal on one without a tour COA, sent it in and got it (took forever) and then I really didn't want to play it because I knew what it was worth. But, I had 4 times what you have in it. Had I had much less, I guess if it had been stolen, I would just say "I'm out $160" not $2k.

The top line looks clean in their pictures. That would be the only thing that would bother me. There’s nothing wrong with a putter that looks like it’s made some putts through the years. I will likely send it in after a few more years of service.

I just got the only plain AM&E Snapfit I could find anywhere from Puetz Golf. Hopefully that will keep prying eyes away.

Is it just me, or is this thread a little more strange after reading it a second time and realizing that the person who bought this putter was not the OP, but someone who was lurking that beat the OP to it? I keep trying to imagine if I’d be pissed or not, but I don’t know the details.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Is it just me, or is this thread a little more strange after reading it a second time and realizing that the person who bought this putter was not the OP, but someone who was lurking that beat the OP to it? I keep trying to imagine if I'd be pissed or not, but I don't know the details.

Pull the trigger and ask questions later. It was ebay so the OP was protected via paypal.
Ping G400 Max 10.5 Accra Z55 LS
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Callaway Epic 19* Accra FX1000
Srixon Z565 4-AW
Vokey Indigo 54
Vokey Indigo 60
Camico Newport 2

Is it just me, or is this thread a little more strange after reading it a second time and realizing that the person who bought this putter was not the OP, but someone who was lurking that beat the OP to it? I keep trying to imagine if I'd be pissed or not, but I don't know the details.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like kind of a d-bag thing to do. OP asks for advice about a good deal and then someone buys it out from underneath him to the tune of around $1K in equity.

I wouldn't want to buy a putter under those circumstances. My luck is bad enough so I don't need any bad mojo...

Pull the trigger and ask questions later. It was ebay so the OP was protected via paypal.

Yeah, I don’t really have an opinion. I was just trying to put myself in the OP’s shoes and figure out if I’d be pissed. Like I said, I don’t know any details, but I’d imagine I would probably just think to myself, “that’s what I get for being wishy-washy, wasn’t meant to be because of my indecision.”

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Yeah, I don’t really have an opinion. I was just trying to put myself in the OP’s shoes and figure out if I’d be pissed. Like I said, I don’t know any details, but I’d imagine I would probably just think to myself, “that’s what I get for being wishy-washy, wasn’t meant to be because of my indecision.”

I get it and I can see the "honorable" thing to do but if its on ebay then all bets are off. Don't lose a good deal when you have the power to return or refund. It may be a hassle but may be a top 5 all time golf related find. I actually assumed it was just a Craigslist deal posted locally.
Ping G400 Max 10.5 Accra Z55 LS
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Callaway Epic 19* Accra FX1000
Srixon Z565 4-AW
Vokey Indigo 54
Vokey Indigo 60
Camico Newport 2

I get it and I can see the "honorable" thing to do but if its on ebay then all bets are off. Don't lose a good deal when you have the power to return or refund. It may be a hassle but may be a top 5 all time golf related find. I actually assumed it was just a Craigslist deal posted locally.

The OP learned a lesson the hard way. The thing that is annoying to me is the guy who bought it never chimed in and jumped on it the same day.

I guess it's fair game but I wouldn't do it.

This is an instance where I would have taken a flyer, received the putter, then looked to the community for feedback.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

No offense but read the the thread.

It was stated multiple times that the putter was listed on 2nd Swing.

Also, the OP contains no links. And there is no indication that the ultimate buyer wasn't already looking at this putter prior to this thread being posted.

Even if this thread did tip him off, he's not at fault for buying. OP took that risk by making the thread. Which is probably why he didn't include a link.

I gave the OP plenty of time to pull the trigger. He had 7 hours from the first post, and 4 hours after someone said it was good. Even at that point, I didn’t know for sure what I was getting. I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I’ve been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec. If you’re that indecisive, that’s not my problem. I assumed he didn’t want to take a chance. Do I feel bad about it? A little, but come on. It’s not like he posted it, and I bought it minutes later.

I figured this purchase was going to be nothing but a hassle if it actually shipped. I would have to send it in, get the news it was fake, and then have to deal with PayPal and 2nd Swing. This would have been a months long process. The Custom Shop would then ask me where I bought it, and 2nd Swing would have to deal with Titleist because a new employee didn’t know what they were doing.