Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

STUDIO STAINLESS CIRCLE T??

13

Comments

  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,897 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 28, 2018 #62
    Interesting thread...the moment I saw the pics, I felt pretty positive it was real (just have seen similar Scotties with cherry bombs on the face/heel and cavity, dancing letters on the bumpers and CT on the sole). I have a feeling the buyer (not the OP) felt the same thing when he saw it too and was willing to take the risk for price. I can understand the perspective that some feel bad for the OP, but the reality is that the putter was available online for purchase and someone at some point (maybe not associated with GolfWRX) would have realized the same thing and purchased it.



    In this case, one person (the buyer) was willing to take the risk for a relatively low price while the other (the OP) waited to overcome his/her reservations and subsequently missed out. I've done like the OP many times myself and found that the great deal I saw and waited on was no longer available the 2nd time around.
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 BST Banned
    mjbfyb wrote:


    I gave the OP plenty of time to pull the trigger. He had 7 hours from the first post, and 4 hours after someone said it was good. Even at that point, I didn't know for sure what I was getting. I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I've been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec. If you're that indecisive, that's not my problem. I assumed he didn't want to take a chance. Do I feel bad about it? A little, but come on. It's not like he posted it, and I bought it minutes later.



    I figured this purchase was going to be nothing but a hassle if it actually shipped. I would have to send it in, get the news it was fake, and then have to deal with PayPal and 2nd Swing. This would have been a months long process. The Custom Shop would then ask me where I bought it, and 2nd Swing would have to deal with Titleist because a new employee didn't know what they were doing.




    So you didn't know about it until you saw it here, you decided not to chime in at all, and then after a few hours you jumped on it? If that's the case in my opinion you owe the OP a little finder's fee because if he didn't post this you don't get the deal of the year. You did take the risk but it worked out that you profited based on what he found.



    If this was already on your radar before the OP then you owe him nothing and we appreciate you keeping us up to date with how the story unfolded but if not I'd PM him and send him a couple dozen balls just for good mojo. The Golf Gods will look down kindly on you, you'll sink more putts, and you'll still be way ahead of the game.
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The most positive indication to me is the thickness of the flange with the blank sole, matched with the hand stamp in the cavity I figured there was a good chance it was a real CT but maybe some of those crowded bumper stamps or the crowded tour dot on the face was aftermarket.



    Regardless, there's no honor among thieves. It is an ongoing mantra around here to buy first ask later especially if you have any protection like it's not a shady meeting to exchange cash off of CL.
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    delmer wrote:

    mjbfyb wrote:


    I gave the OP plenty of time to pull the trigger. He had 7 hours from the first post, and 4 hours after someone said it was good. Even at that point, I didn't know for sure what I was getting. I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I've been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec. If you're that indecisive, that's not my problem. I assumed he didn't want to take a chance. Do I feel bad about it? A little, but come on. It's not like he posted it, and I bought it minutes later.



    I figured this purchase was going to be nothing but a hassle if it actually shipped. I would have to send it in, get the news it was fake, and then have to deal with PayPal and 2nd Swing. This would have been a months long process. The Custom Shop would then ask me where I bought it, and 2nd Swing would have to deal with Titleist because a new employee didn't know what they were doing.




    So you didn't know about it until you saw it here, you decided not to chime in at all, and then after a few hours you jumped on it? If that's the case in my opinion you owe the OP a little finder's fee because if he didn't post this you don't get the deal of the year. You did take the risk but it worked out that you profited based on what he found.



    If this was already on your radar before the OP then you owe him nothing and we appreciate you keeping us up to date with how the story unfolded but if not I'd PM him and send him a couple dozen balls just for good mojo. The Golf Gods will look down kindly on you, you'll sink more putts, and you'll still be way ahead of the game.




    It's in the post you're responding to . . .



    "I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I've been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec."
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 BST Banned

    delmer wrote:

    mjbfyb wrote:


    I gave the OP plenty of time to pull the trigger. He had 7 hours from the first post, and 4 hours after someone said it was good. Even at that point, I didn't know for sure what I was getting. I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I've been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec. If you're that indecisive, that's not my problem. I assumed he didn't want to take a chance. Do I feel bad about it? A little, but come on. It's not like he posted it, and I bought it minutes later.



    I figured this purchase was going to be nothing but a hassle if it actually shipped. I would have to send it in, get the news it was fake, and then have to deal with PayPal and 2nd Swing. This would have been a months long process. The Custom Shop would then ask me where I bought it, and 2nd Swing would have to deal with Titleist because a new employee didn't know what they were doing.




    So you didn't know about it until you saw it here, you decided not to chime in at all, and then after a few hours you jumped on it? If that's the case in my opinion you owe the OP a little finder's fee because if he didn't post this you don't get the deal of the year. You did take the risk but it worked out that you profited based on what he found.



    If this was already on your radar before the OP then you owe him nothing and we appreciate you keeping us up to date with how the story unfolded but if not I'd PM him and send him a couple dozen balls just for good mojo. The Golf Gods will look down kindly on you, you'll sink more putts, and you'll still be way ahead of the game.




    It's in the post you're responding to . . .



    "I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I've been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec."




    I missed that. He's good to go then in my opinion. I appreciate him finishing the story out too.
  • mjbfybmjbfyb Members Posts: 317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Dec 28, 2018 #67
    delmer wrote:


    So you didn't know about it until you saw it here, you decided not to chime in at all, and then after a few hours you jumped on it? If that's the case in my opinion you owe the OP a little finder's fee because if he didn't post this you don't get the deal of the year. You did take the risk but it worked out that you profited based on what he found.



    If this was already on your radar before the OP then you owe him nothing and we appreciate you keeping us up to date with how the story unfolded but if not I'd PM him and send him a couple dozen balls just for good mojo. The Golf Gods will look down kindly on you, you'll sink more putts, and you'll still be way ahead of the game.




    I already knew it was there. I have been checking that site every morning and evening looking for a Mil Spec 350. I have a search saved for “Cameron Newport” sorted from lowest to highest price. This putter was on the first page.



    It crossed my mind to post it here like the OP, but I knew exactly what would happen. I know how the internet works. I guarantee someone contacted 2nd Swing and tried get this before it shipped. Vnutz scored a similar deal on eBay. Someone posted it on TCC right after it was sold, asking if anyone got it. The seller canceled because someone there contacted the seller allowing him to realize his error.



    Pics coming soon...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good. Is there supposed to be a cherry dot on the heel? I'll give you $250 for it. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Dec 28, 2018 #70
    Topline is clean. I’d throw that putter into the rotation and wouldn’t look back.



    Nice find.
    Cobra King F9 10.5*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Dec 28, 2018 #71
    Awesome score! Been cut to 32" so maybe not all original? If I got it I'd extend it to 35" and game it. Thing is in really good condition! Getting the COA and a Custom Shop restoration done would cost a lot (any experts take a guess? $300?). But keep it as is and if/when you think about selling it you should still make a huge profit.



    This story is up there with the infamous GolfWRX Play It Again Sports Circle T (009?) ~$150 score from a few years ago.
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    delmer wrote:

    mjbfyb wrote:


    I gave the OP plenty of time to pull the trigger. He had 7 hours from the first post, and 4 hours after someone said it was good. Even at that point, I didn't know for sure what I was getting. I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I've been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec. If you're that indecisive, that's not my problem. I assumed he didn't want to take a chance. Do I feel bad about it? A little, but come on. It's not like he posted it, and I bought it minutes later.



    I figured this purchase was going to be nothing but a hassle if it actually shipped. I would have to send it in, get the news it was fake, and then have to deal with PayPal and 2nd Swing. This would have been a months long process. The Custom Shop would then ask me where I bought it, and 2nd Swing would have to deal with Titleist because a new employee didn't know what they were doing.




    So you didn't know about it until you saw it here, you decided not to chime in at all, and then after a few hours you jumped on it? If that's the case in my opinion you owe the OP a little finder's fee because if he didn't post this you don't get the deal of the year. You did take the risk but it worked out that you profited based on what he found.



    If this was already on your radar before the OP then you owe him nothing and we appreciate you keeping us up to date with how the story unfolded but if not I'd PM him and send him a couple dozen balls just for good mojo. The Golf Gods will look down kindly on you, you'll sink more putts, and you'll still be way ahead of the game.




    Is this serious? The new owner owes nothing. He bought it while it was available. Anyone could have. Sorry for the OP, but he should have bought it as soon as “He” saw it.



    The fact that you think the new owner owes a “Finders” fee is absolutely ridiculous.
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, those photos are much better and it's actually in better shape than I would have guessed from the 2nd swing photos.



    Absolutely I'd throw a butt extension or new shaft into that putter and put it in play (if it was a lefty obviously). Well, actually I would probably media blast the top line, shoulders, and tops of the bumpers, but that's because I can and I hate glare. And... I'd probably freshen up the paint fill and buff the sole. Okay, okay, who am I kidding... I'd pretty much do a home restoration and play it every day. Or send it in for a COA and flip it, because I would be too worried it would get stolen out of my bag. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    Best score I've seen in my years of golf. Merry, Merry, Xmas!
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 BST Banned
    justasgood wrote:

    delmer wrote:

    mjbfyb wrote:


    I gave the OP plenty of time to pull the trigger. He had 7 hours from the first post, and 4 hours after someone said it was good. Even at that point, I didn't know for sure what I was getting. I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I've been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec. If you're that indecisive, that's not my problem. I assumed he didn't want to take a chance. Do I feel bad about it? A little, but come on. It's not like he posted it, and I bought it minutes later.



    I figured this purchase was going to be nothing but a hassle if it actually shipped. I would have to send it in, get the news it was fake, and then have to deal with PayPal and 2nd Swing. This would have been a months long process. The Custom Shop would then ask me where I bought it, and 2nd Swing would have to deal with Titleist because a new employee didn't know what they were doing.




    So you didn't know about it until you saw it here, you decided not to chime in at all, and then after a few hours you jumped on it? If that's the case in my opinion you owe the OP a little finder's fee because if he didn't post this you don't get the deal of the year. You did take the risk but it worked out that you profited based on what he found.



    If this was already on your radar before the OP then you owe him nothing and we appreciate you keeping us up to date with how the story unfolded but if not I'd PM him and send him a couple dozen balls just for good mojo. The Golf Gods will look down kindly on you, you'll sink more putts, and you'll still be way ahead of the game.




    Is this serious? The new owner owes nothing. He bought it while it was available. Anyone could have. Sorry for the OP, but he should have bought it as soon as "He" saw it.



    The fact that you think the new owner owes a "Finders" fee is absolutely ridiculous.




    You should read the whole thread.
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    delmer wrote:

    justasgood wrote:

    delmer wrote:

    mjbfyb wrote:


    I gave the OP plenty of time to pull the trigger. He had 7 hours from the first post, and 4 hours after someone said it was good. Even at that point, I didn't know for sure what I was getting. I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I've been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec. If you're that indecisive, that's not my problem. I assumed he didn't want to take a chance. Do I feel bad about it? A little, but come on. It's not like he posted it, and I bought it minutes later.



    I figured this purchase was going to be nothing but a hassle if it actually shipped. I would have to send it in, get the news it was fake, and then have to deal with PayPal and 2nd Swing. This would have been a months long process. The Custom Shop would then ask me where I bought it, and 2nd Swing would have to deal with Titleist because a new employee didn't know what they were doing.




    So you didn't know about it until you saw it here, you decided not to chime in at all, and then after a few hours you jumped on it? If that's the case in my opinion you owe the OP a little finder's fee because if he didn't post this you don't get the deal of the year. You did take the risk but it worked out that you profited based on what he found.



    If this was already on your radar before the OP then you owe him nothing and we appreciate you keeping us up to date with how the story unfolded but if not I'd PM him and send him a couple dozen balls just for good mojo. The Golf Gods will look down kindly on you, you'll sink more putts, and you'll still be way ahead of the game.




    Is this serious? The new owner owes nothing. He bought it while it was available. Anyone could have. Sorry for the OP, but he should have bought it as soon as "He" saw it.



    The fact that you think the new owner owes a "Finders" fee is absolutely ridiculous.




    You should read the whole thread.




    I read the whole thread. Doesn’t change the fact that no matter how this played out, the owner owes nothing to anyone who hemmed and hawed about buying the putter.



    It’s like me announcing that I’m thinking about playing a set of numbers on the lottery but decide it’s not worth the risk. Then someone plays the numbers I posted and wins.



    Nobody owes me anything. My choice not to play and the OP’s choice not to buy.
  • johngalt312johngalt312 Member ClubWRX Posts: 442 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 28, 2018 #76
    I’d pull the shaft, strip the head, clean the hosel/head, and send the head off to the CS for new paint fill, a new shaft, a new CT shaft band, a new grip, my specs, and a COA. Then upon return I’d throw it in the bag and use it (and if I didn’t like it/putt well with it, it’d be easy to offload and likely command a higher premium). Whatever your decisions, enjoy it!
    G400 Max Driver
    G400 3-Wood
    G400 5-Wood
    i210 Irons 3-P
    Glide 3.0 Wedges 52* & 58*
    PLD3 Putter
    Jani-King Towel
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 BST Banned
    justasgood wrote:

    delmer wrote:

    justasgood wrote:

    delmer wrote:

    mjbfyb wrote:


    I gave the OP plenty of time to pull the trigger. He had 7 hours from the first post, and 4 hours after someone said it was good. Even at that point, I didn't know for sure what I was getting. I knew it was there before he posted it. Like I said, I've been checking that site daily for a 350 Mil Spec. If you're that indecisive, that's not my problem. I assumed he didn't want to take a chance. Do I feel bad about it? A little, but come on. It's not like he posted it, and I bought it minutes later.



    I figured this purchase was going to be nothing but a hassle if it actually shipped. I would have to send it in, get the news it was fake, and then have to deal with PayPal and 2nd Swing. This would have been a months long process. The Custom Shop would then ask me where I bought it, and 2nd Swing would have to deal with Titleist because a new employee didn't know what they were doing.




    So you didn't know about it until you saw it here, you decided not to chime in at all, and then after a few hours you jumped on it? If that's the case in my opinion you owe the OP a little finder's fee because if he didn't post this you don't get the deal of the year. You did take the risk but it worked out that you profited based on what he found.



    If this was already on your radar before the OP then you owe him nothing and we appreciate you keeping us up to date with how the story unfolded but if not I'd PM him and send him a couple dozen balls just for good mojo. The Golf Gods will look down kindly on you, you'll sink more putts, and you'll still be way ahead of the game.




    Is this serious? The new owner owes nothing. He bought it while it was available. Anyone could have. Sorry for the OP, but he should have bought it as soon as "He" saw it.



    The fact that you think the new owner owes a "Finders" fee is absolutely ridiculous.




    You should read the whole thread.




    I read the whole thread. Doesn't change the fact that no matter how this played out, the owner owes nothing to anyone who hemmed and hawed about buying the putter.



    It's like me announcing that I'm thinking about playing a set of numbers on the lottery but decide it's not worth the risk. Then someone plays the numbers I posted and wins.



    Nobody owes me anything. My choice not to play and the OP's choice not to buy.




    That's a bad analogy because you both could've played the numbers.



    This all doesn't really matter because the buyer had the putter on his radar but my point is that I view topics like this as all of us watching each others backs so if I posted a "hey I'm thinking about buying this, is it legit" and someone took that info and then bought the putter out from underneath me I would be miffed.



    That's not the case here and like Norm said it's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear. If we all live by that mentality this is not the forum to ask for pre-purchase advice. Too bad.
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    delmer wrote:


    That's a bad analogy because you both could've played the numbers.



    This all doesn't really matter because the buyer had the putter on his radar but my point is that I view topics like this as all of us watching each others backs so if I posted a "hey I'm thinking about buying this, is it legit" and someone took that info and then bought the putter out from underneath me I would be miffed.



    That's not the case here and like Norm said it's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear. If we all live by that mentality this is not the forum to ask for pre-purchase advice. Too bad.




    There is no moral absolute on this scenario. You're projecting your own arbitrary ideas onto everyone else, and expecting that thousands of people will follow them is ridiculous.



    One could argue that it's really selfish and unfair to think that you can post an item asking for advice, and require that thousands of people refrain from buying it until you've made up your mind.



    Notice the OP is not even upset. Because he knows there's no such thing as staking a claim to a 2nd Swing product!



    You can post photos asking for authenticity opinions without disclosing the link to buy the item, which is what the OP did.
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭


    I’d pull the shaft, strip the head, clean the hosel/head, and send the head off to the CS for new paint fill, a new shaft, a new CT shaft band, a new grip, my specs, and a COA. Then upon return I’d throw it in the bag and use it (and if I didn’t like it/putt well with it, it’d be easy to offload and likely command a higher premium). Whatever your decisions, enjoy it!




    higher than 160 bucks, no way!



    ayn rand would approve.
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 BST Banned
    edited Dec 29, 2018 #80

    delmer wrote:


    That's a bad analogy because you both could've played the numbers.



    This all doesn't really matter because the buyer had the putter on his radar but my point is that I view topics like this as all of us watching each others backs so if I posted a "hey I'm thinking about buying this, is it legit" and someone took that info and then bought the putter out from underneath me I would be miffed.



    That's not the case here and like Norm said it's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear. If we all live by that mentality this is not the forum to ask for pre-purchase advice. Too bad.




    There is no moral absolute on this scenario. You're projecting your own arbitrary ideas onto everyone else, and expecting that thousands of people will follow them is ridiculous.



    One could argue that it's really selfish and unfair to think that you can post an item asking for advice, and require that thousands of people refrain from buying it until you've made up your mind.



    Notice the OP is not even upset. Because he knows there's no such thing as staking a claim to a 2nd Swing product!



    You can post photos asking for authenticity opinions without disclosing the link to buy the item, which is what the OP did.




    Say you found the car of your dreams at a steal of a price and your buddy is a mechanic so you ask him to take a quick look at it to make sure you aren't missing something. Fast forward two days and all of the sudden you see him driving past your house in it because he bought it out from underneath you. You aren't mad at him?



    I know that isn't what happened here but that is the scenario you are arguing.



    I get that you can't stake a claim on something that someone is selling but I was hoping that a group of enthusiasts like are gathered here wouldn't be do cut throat. I was thinking people would say "looks good and it's a great deal so jump on it."



    Posting an image pulled from a listing is basically the same as posting the link to it. It isn't that hard to do a google image search. I didn't need to do a search because for some reason the first thing I noticed was the top of the 2nd swing logo.



    I guess if people share your sentiment the moral of the story is buy first, ask questions later. Like I said that's unfortunate in my mind.
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What's it worth on the open market?
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (PXi 6.0)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    delmer wrote:


    delmer wrote:


    That's a bad analogy because you both could've played the numbers.



    This all doesn't really matter because the buyer had the putter on his radar but my point is that I view topics like this as all of us watching each others backs so if I posted a "hey I'm thinking about buying this, is it legit" and someone took that info and then bought the putter out from underneath me I would be miffed.



    That's not the case here and like Norm said it's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear. If we all live by that mentality this is not the forum to ask for pre-purchase advice. Too bad.




    There is no moral absolute on this scenario. You're projecting your own arbitrary ideas onto everyone else, and expecting that thousands of people will follow them is ridiculous.



    One could argue that it's really selfish and unfair to think that you can post an item asking for advice, and require that thousands of people refrain from buying it until you've made up your mind.



    Notice the OP is not even upset. Because he knows there's no such thing as staking a claim to a 2nd Swing product!



    You can post photos asking for authenticity opinions without disclosing the link to buy the item, which is what the OP did.




    Say you found the car of your dreams at a steal of a price and your buddy is a mechanic so you ask him to take a quick look at it to make sure you aren't missing something. Fast forward two days and all of the sudden you see him driving past your house in it because he bought it out from underneath you. You aren't mad at him?



    I know that isn't what happened here but that is the scenario you are arguing.



    I get that you can't stake a claim on something that someone is selling but I was hoping that a group of enthusiasts like are gathered here wouldn't be do cut throat. I was thinking people would say "looks good and it's a great deal so jump on it."



    Posting an image pulled from a listing is basically the same as posting the link to it. It isn't that hard to do a google image search. I didn't need to do a search because for some reason the first thing I noticed was the top of the 2nd swing logo.



    I guess if people share your sentiment the moral of the story is buy first, ask questions later. Like I said that's unfortunate in my mind.




    Asking one "buddy" is obviously much different. Since they are my personal friend, there is an implied trust and I would be upset if a friend did that.



    But asking a public forum is a totally different animal.



    I'm not saying you are wrong for how YOU would approach it. But expecting everyone else to approach it exactly how you would, is silly.



    And then you start suggesting things like paying a finder's fee? I wasn't going to comment on that but you kept going like you're the authority on this issue.



    The guy who bought this said he ended up waiting some hours before purchasing, even though he was already aware of it before the thread. Most people do operate with generous courtesy on these things.



    I've never purchased something based on what someone posted on here, but I wouldn't blame someone else for doing so if that's what they felt okay doing.



    Again, we're talking about public items for sale and a public forum. You don't even have to be a member to read these topics. Very different from asking your buddy the mechanic.
  • golf_junkygolf_junky Members Posts: 120
    All I have to say is great find. I’ve learned over the years to watch out what you post and ask on forums. Because if it’s something that is legit at a to good to be true deal someone is going to snag it from under you.
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 BST Banned
    golf_junky wrote:


    All I have to say is great find. I’ve learned over the years to watch out what you post and ask on forums. Because if it’s something that is legit at a to good to be true deal someone is going to snag it from under you.




    I've learned that from this thread as well. The best advice I guess is to just pull the trigger and file a PayPal claim if it isn't legit.
  • golf_junkygolf_junky Members Posts: 120
    delmer wrote:

    golf_junky wrote:


    All I have to say is great find. I’ve learned over the years to watch out what you post and ask on forums. Because if it’s something that is legit at a to good to be true deal someone is going to snag it from under you.




    I've learned that from this thread as well. The best advice I guess is to just pull the trigger and file a PayPal claim if it isn't legit.




    Well since it was being sold by a Titleist distributor I would have bet any amount of money that it was legit. Because that distributor didn’t want to explain to Titliest why they were selling a fake putter.
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Dec 29, 2018 #86
    golf_junky wrote:
    delmer wrote:

    golf_junky wrote:


    All I have to say is great find. I’ve learned over the years to watch out what you post and ask on forums. Because if it’s something that is legit at a to good to be true deal someone is going to snag it from under you.




    I've learned that from this thread as well. The best advice I guess is to just pull the trigger and file a PayPal claim if it isn't legit.




    Well since it was being sold by a Titleist distributor I would have bet any amount of money that it was legit. Because that distributor didn’t want to explain to Titliest why they were selling a fake putter.




    While I do agree in general, plenty of titleist account and distributors have been fooled in the past. Often I’ve found counterfeit putters in used sections of golf shops, even as new from trade ins.



    Buyer did nothing wrong, but I’m not surprised it’s taken this turn around here. In the world of internet buying there’s no such thing as calling dibs on something just because you start a thread on it. Know what you’re buying and there’s no issue.
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    hot ****. thats a legit in the bag gamer condition. great snag.
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • stealthrt91stealthrt91 Members Posts: 1,695 ✭✭
    mjbfyb wrote:






    Awesome, awesome deal my man.



    What happened to the face milling? The registry link you sent had deeper mills.
    M4 D-Type 10.5* - NV 2KXV 65 Green
    M6 Rocket 14* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    M6 19* - X-Tortion Copper 60
    P790 (4-GW) - DG105
    Milled Grind Bronze 55.12 - DG105
    Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60.ATV - DG105
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 BST Banned

    mjbfyb wrote:






    Awesome, awesome deal my man.



    What happened to the face milling? The registry link you sent had deeper mills.




    It's probably just the lighting and the angle. That is the putter in the COA for sure.
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    delmer wrote:


    delmer wrote:


    That's a bad analogy because you both could've played the numbers.



    This all doesn't really matter because the buyer had the putter on his radar but my point is that I view topics like this as all of us watching each others backs so if I posted a "hey I'm thinking about buying this, is it legit" and someone took that info and then bought the putter out from underneath me I would be miffed.



    That's not the case here and like Norm said it's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear. If we all live by that mentality this is not the forum to ask for pre-purchase advice. Too bad.




    There is no moral absolute on this scenario. You're projecting your own arbitrary ideas onto everyone else, and expecting that thousands of people will follow them is ridiculous.



    One could argue that it's really selfish and unfair to think that you can post an item asking for advice, and require that thousands of people refrain from buying it until you've made up your mind.



    Notice the OP is not even upset. Because he knows there's no such thing as staking a claim to a 2nd Swing product!



    You can post photos asking for authenticity opinions without disclosing the link to buy the item, which is what the OP did.




    Say you found the car of your dreams at a steal of a price and your buddy is a mechanic so you ask him to take a quick look at it to make sure you aren't missing something. Fast forward two days and all of the sudden you see him driving past your house in it because he bought it out from underneath you. You aren't mad at him?



    I know that isn't what happened here but that is the scenario you are arguing.



    I get that you can't stake a claim on something that someone is selling but I was hoping that a group of enthusiasts like are gathered here wouldn't be do cut throat. I was thinking people would say "looks good and it's a great deal so jump on it."



    Posting an image pulled from a listing is basically the same as posting the link to it. It isn't that hard to do a google image search. I didn't need to do a search because for some reason the first thing I noticed was the top of the 2nd swing logo.



    I guess if people share your sentiment the moral of the story is buy first, ask questions later. Like I said that's unfortunate in my mind.


    No one owes him the right to purchase first, welcome to reality.
    Epic Flash SZ 9* TD  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    M2 Tour 15* Kuro Kage DC 70TX
    790 UDI Tensei Pro White 100TX
    4-PW Apex Pro 19 DG X7's
    50* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    TOULON Garage Atlanta
    Kunar Valley CC
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,897 ClubWRX
    delmer wrote:


    mjbfyb wrote:






    Awesome, awesome deal my man.



    What happened to the face milling? The registry link you sent had deeper mills.




    It's probably just the lighting and the angle. That is the putter in the COA for sure.




    Agreed...typically the milling on that generation of CT Cameron NP2 is not deep.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file