2019 Bag Is Set Challenge

Dan Drake

I'm not buying anything else in 2019, but the putter slot isn't locked yet. I have a new tour proto Piretti getting to me on Monday, and a custom Byron DH89 getting to me in a week or so! First tournament is on 1/1! O'well, let's give this a try:

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5 with Fujikura Rombax Type X. This is a lock and hasn't wavered since being put in the bag at the beginning of 2018.

3wd: Ping Anser 14.5 with Metore Speeder VC 7.2. The tried and true, nothing can has kicked this out of the bag in 6 years

Hybrid/Driving Iron: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron. Fairway finder, and at my home course, the fairway is a must if you want to score. Use this club 10 times a round there off the tee.

Irons: .Mizuno 919 Tours 4-pw with DG120 S300's Put these in the bag a few weeks ago and have been impressed every round

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7's 50/54/62 with S400 Onyx. Again, just put in the bag a few weeks ago so not changing

Putter: This is hard to decide on, but of all that I have and all that I have coming, I think the Byron Morgan Custom carbon DH89 will probably hold this spot when it gets here. I currently have the same putter locked in the bag for most of 2018, just finally bit the bullet and got one with the stampings of my choice

Callaway Rogue ST LS ***  Fujikura Rombax Type X
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX
Callaway Rogue ST LS 5wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80X
Callaway TCB 4-GW w/Project X 6.0
Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

Unless I find an absurd deal on a Toulon Columbus putter, I think I may finally be set. I've tried hard to find a reason to replace these clubs, even went to a Club Champion fitting, and could not find anything better:

Driver: Epic SZ 9* Project X Hzrdus Stiff

3W: Cobra F7 14.5* Fujikura Pro Stiff

5W: Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5* Kuro Kage Stiff

Hybrid: Cobra F7 21.5" Fujikura Pro Stiff

Irons: Apex CF16 5-AW bent 2* upright KBS Tour 90 Stiff

Wedges: PM Grind 56* and PM Grind 60* KBS wedge shaft

Putter: Versa 330m 34" with Tour Snsr Grip

I think I am set, but we will see how long it lasts.

Driver: Callaway EPIC SZ - Aldila RIP Alpha

3 Wood: Taylormade R9 - Fujikura (Only real risk... but haven't found anything yet to knock it out)

3-PW: Srixon Z745 - Steelfiber i95

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 50-54-58

Putter: SC Khombi S

In 2018 I changed irons for the first time since 2013 and I went back and forth between my new Z545's and my trusty MP32's, but I'm going to commit to my Z545's this year. So my 2019 bag will be:

Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue w/ Speeder VC 6.2 TS

TEE XCG7 15* w/ Fujikura Fuel

Srixon Z545 4-PW w/ Recoil 95

Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*

John Byron DaleHead 2

Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
TEE XCG7 15*
Srixon Z545 4-PW
Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
John Byron DaleHead 2

g400 max snuck back in there in last 3 days.

This will be the same as my bag at the end of 2019. But sadly, or happily, I will still lose, for the putter will be full faced and bronze (don't quote me on the bronze).

happy new year everyone

ping g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5

cobra f8 13.5*, 18.5* | hzrdus black 75 6.5

cobra king utility one length 23*, 26* | tt dg X100 sl

cobra forged one length 29* | tt dg X100 sl

taylormade p730 7-PW | tt dg X100 sl

taylormade hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | modus105x

toulon Columbus

jumbomax tour medium grips

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

I'm going to (try to) go 2019 without buying anything that isn't a wear item; so no new clubs, no new fancy dan jackets, no new trousers, etc... BUT, I will have two set of irons, two sets of wedges, and 3 putters when the calendar flips over.

I cannot swap a set of irons for a couple weeks since they are otherwise just sitting there and then swap back to the others?

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I almost don't want to participate because I'm burdened by having playable weather year-round. As in...I have a tournament scheduled for the 9th but I know, for a fact, that I'm going to be purchasing a new driver and potentially a new iron set in February sometime. I'll play along, because I'm a sport like that, but my "real" 2019 bag won't actually be set until the second month of the year.

D: TM 2016 M1 9.5* w/ Speeder 661 X

3w: Cobra King LTD 3-4 13* w/ Aldila Rogue X

2h: TM SLDR 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 83h X

2i: Mizuno T-Zoid Comp EZ w/ S300

5-P: Callaway Apex CF16 w/ XP95 S

51: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged

58: Callaway Mack Daddy 3

64: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind

P: Bettinardi Queen B #8

Ball: TM TP5 #34

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X
Maltby Max Milled Wedges .900" - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
Titleist AVX Yellow (Summer) / Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow (Winter)
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

I almost don't want to participate because I'm burdened by having playable weather year-round. As in...I have a tournament scheduled for the 9th but I know, for a fact, that I'm going to be purchasing a new driver and potentially a new iron set in February sometime. I'll play along, because I'm a sport like that, but my "real" 2019 bag won't actually be set until the second month of the year.

D: TM 2016 M1 9.5* w/ Speeder 661 X

3w: Cobra King LTD 3-4 13* w/ Aldila Rogue X

2h: TM SLDR 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 83h X

2i: Mizuno T-Zoid Comp EZ w/ S300

5-P: Callaway Apex CF16 w/ XP95 S

51: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged

58: Callaway Mack Daddy 3

64: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind

P: Bettinardi Queen B #8

Ball: TM TP5 #34

Sparty,

I certainly can relate, as I'm already set on the new Epic Flash fairway going in the bag and I could probably even be talked into a 54° PM 2.0. And like you, I most certainly will have a tournamnt to play in no later than the end of January, which is before the Flash will be available to me (I think).

Either way, we all appreciate your participation and wish you good luck, as much as it can be!

AI Smoke TD 8° w/shaft TBD

Big Bertha 815 Alpha 14° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

'16 Apex Hybrid 23° w/DG 
'24 Apex CB 5-7; '24 Apex MB 8-11 w/DG

MD2 55° + PM 1.0 58° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

It's that time of year again!! How long into the new calendar year can you last without changing clubs in and out of the bag?

Predictably, last year, most of us failed, often spectacularly. Our 2018 "first place" fail was on Jan. 3rd, which was 2.5 days longer than our "winner" from 2017!!! The next wave seemed to come at around the 10 day mark, so I advise this year's contestants to put Jan. 10 on the calendar and just don't go anywhere near anything golf-ish on that day! Once again, the vast majority of the casualties happened about a month in, for whatever reason, so do what you have to do during that time as well. Personally, I'm going to look for a sponsor! And once again, Mych was easily the best/worst follow through the journey. He was honest, open, persistent, and yet completely and totally doomed all at the same time!!!

All in good fun fellas, I bowed out laughably after just one month and 5 days this past year, worsening my performance from 2017 by exactly a week. 27 holes was all I made it through. 27 stinkin' holes. Awful. I'm not sure if anyone actually who "entered" actually made it through 2018 and into immortality by keeping the entire bag set, but we all really know that isn't the point! :cheesy:

Anyhow, Here are the rules for 2019's "Bag is Set" club:

1. You must set your bag BEFORE your first golf-like activity of 2019. First round, first range trip, first trip to the practice green, first session hitting balls in your $2,800 garage simulator setup, whatever. Post your full bag setup in this thread to "set" your bag.

2. Put your bag in the post on this thread before you engage in that first golf-like activity of the year. It doesn't have to be on Jan. 1, but posting it in the middle of June just isn't really in the spirit of this whole fiasco. Also, posting "See sig" in a post doesn't work for this Challenge because the signature can change without record. Please, no editing your original post either. We need hard evidence, people!

3. Grips and specs are the only thing that may be changed throughout the year. You may adjust lofts, lies, swing weights, MOI, paintfill, etc. and you may replace/change grips. But, no new heads, shafts, 15th clubs, etc. It's supposed to be a challenge!

4. There is no fame, fortune, and very little glory for completing this challenge, at least none that I'm aware of. In fact, now that I think about it, ridicule will be the most likely result, win or lose.

5. Check back in if (when) you change something. It's part of the fun!

Decisions on the Rules by the Committee (me, lol!) - a. You may replace a broken club with a new/different club, but you may NOT intentionally break a club, just so you can replace it, lol! b. All wagers placed on the 2019 BIS Challenge shall be paid in full. Failure to do so will result in permanent banning from all future BIS Challenges!

As is my custom, I will be waiting until 1/1/19 to officially post my bag. Honestly though, that doesn't matter a hill of beans, as it is the exact bag I have now and the exact bag I'm going to wreck as soon as Callaway comes out with the Epic Flash fairways (and probably the PM Grind 2.0 wedges as well)!!!

TaylorMade 2020 SIM Driver 10.5 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX

Titleist TSI2 FW 16.5 | Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3, bent 1* strong to 19* | Fujikura Pro Iron Tour Spec 95X

TaylorMade P7MC 4-PW | PX Rifle 6.5

Cleveland RTX4 50.10, 56.10 | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Cleveland Zipcore 60.06 | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner

Odyssey 2-ball 10 Tour Lined

There’s a 99% chance I’m going to fail this challenge but let’s try anyway.

Driver: 2016 TaylorMade M2 with Fuji pro 73x

Fairway: 2018 TaylorMade M4 with Proforce V2 7F5

2 iron: 2005 TaylorMade RAC OS with steel 95 stiff (yes I know it’s old as hell but I love it lol)

Irons: Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli Hi 4 iron, MP18 SC 5-PW all with C Taper lite 115X

Wedges: 50.12 and 56.10 Vokey SM6, Mizuno S18 60.6

Putter: 2017 TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Ball: ProV1X

TaylorMade 2020 SIM Driver 10.5 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX

Titleist TSI2 FW 16.5 | Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3, bent 1* strong to 19* | Fujikura Pro Iron Tour Spec 95X

TaylorMade P7MC 4-PW | PX Rifle 6.5

Cleveland RTX4 50.10, 56.10 | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Cleveland Zipcore 60.06 | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner

Odyssey 2-ball 10 Tour Lined

Driver: Callaway Rogue sub zero 9 degree (hazrdus yellow 6.5 76 gram)

3 Wood: taylormade R15 set at 15 degrees

Driving iron: Srixon U85 18 degree (UST recoil 95 x stiff)

Irons: 4-PW callaway rogue pro (dynamic gold X100)

Wedges: titelist vokey 50 degree F grind bent to 49.5 (dynamic golf s400)

Titelist vokey 54 degree s grind (dynamic gold s400)

Callaway MD3 60 degree s grind (dynamic gold s400)

Ping answer putter

I’m gonna give it a go again this year...lasted till April last year.

Driver: getting fitted for F9 or ST190

Fwy: Cobra F6 Baffler/Hzrdus Red

Hyb: Cobra F7 / Aldila Tour Blue

Irons: Mizuno 919 Hot Metal 5-Gw

Wedges: Sm6 54, Tm Hi Toe 60

Putter: Odyssey MXM-V 9Ht

I honestly have no need for new clubs other than getting the driver spot filled. That’s been a revolving spot for the last several years.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Love it. I’ll officially post on 1/1/19. This is a little tougher for those of us in warmer climates since many of us will actually be playing on 1/1/19, but whatevs. What’s in my signature right now is very, very close. As always, the putter is a variable. At the moment the ball is too. Guess I have a few days to decide.

In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX

Cobra KING F8 3-4 15° Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 70-X

TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS TOUR Hybrid Prototype 95X

Srixon Z785 4-AW Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

Cleveland RTX4 54/10 & 58/9 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Odyssey Milled Collection RSX 2

TaylorMade TP5X

In the Hoofer

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15° | Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White 70 S
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19° | Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White 70 S

Mizuno Pro 221 4-PW | Project X Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 52°, 56°, 60° | Project X Rifle 6.0

Odyssey Ai-ONE Seven CH | KBS CT Tour
Titleist ProV1

Well I got my 919 Tours 7-PW with Recoil 95 shafts delivered today and went immediately the range to try them out and they were soooo nice.

I then had to quickly order a 5 Tour and 5-6 Forged iron while the 15% eBay code was still valid to fill out the set... so that's sorted, phew.

Now I won't have the order by Jan 1 and I would like to play on the 1st, but I will leave an empty place in my bag until they arrive to not run afoul of the 'rules'. Ugh now I need to decide on the putter...

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Driver - Epic 9° Matrix red tie S flex

3W - Cobra F7 15.5° stock S flex

Hybrids - Cobra F6 19° and 23° stock S flex

Irons - Mizuno JPX900 Forged 5-GW DG S300 S flex

Wedges - Callaway MD3 54/10 and 60/9

Putter - Odyssey black O-Works tank #7

Let's see how long these wedges and hybrids last. There are in the most danger of being replaced.

I'll play this year:

Driver: Titleist 910D3 Diamana BF 60X

Fairway: Taylormade 2016 DF 4 wood Aldila Copper 70TX

DI: Taylormade P790 3-iron Tensei CK Pro Blue 90TX

Irons: Miura MB-5003 Nippon 120S

Wedges: Miura 55C, 59C Nippon 125

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89

Titleist TSR3 10° Diamana ZF 60S
Titleist TSR2 16.5° Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Titleist  818H1 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-95X

Srixon ZX4/ZX5/ZX7 MKII 4-PW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Cleveland RTX4 50° (mid), 54° (mid) TI DG S400

Cleveland RTX6 58° (low) TI DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89 34/350

Are seasonal/travel bags allowed? As in I have three bags... a home bag, travel bag, and Florida bag. Can I post them all as non-changing?

Stogies, that is a great question! One one hand, the vast majority of us aren't going to be able to keep ONE bag the same for more than about 3 or 4 months, so if you can keep 3 bags "set," then you are pretty darn amazing! On the other hand, this challenge really is about keeping your gamer bag set and playing those clubs for the entire year. No backup clubs, backup bags, etc. So, I can see a very valid case for either anser (lol) to be correct.

I'm an "everybody is welcome" kinda guy, so I'll meet you halfway: You are in the Club, as long as you only use your Florida bag/clubs while you are in Florida, only use your travel clubs/bag while you travel, and only use your normal clubs/bag while you are at home. No switching, swapping, or any other tomfoolery, or we will be sending your notice of ejection from the Club forth with, toot sweet, and whatnot. :taunt:

AI Smoke TD 8° w/shaft TBD

Big Bertha 815 Alpha 14° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

'16 Apex Hybrid 23° w/DG 
'24 Apex CB 5-7; '24 Apex MB 8-11 w/DG

MD2 55° + PM 1.0 58° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

Are seasonal/travel bags allowed? As in I have three bags... a home bag, travel bag, and Florida bag. Can I post them all as non-changing?

Stogies, that is a great question! One one hand, the vast majority of us aren't going to be able to keep ONE bag the same for more than about 3 or 4 months, so if you can keep 3 bags "set," then you are pretty darn amazing! On the other hand, this challenge really is about keeping your gamer bag set and playing those clubs for the entire year. No backup clubs, backup bags, etc. So, I can see a very valid case for either anser (lol) to be correct.

I'm an "everybody is welcome" kinda guy, so I'll meet you halfway: You are in the Club, as long as you only use your Florida bag/clubs while you are in Florida, only use your travel clubs/bag while you travel, and only use your normal clubs/bag while you are at home. No switching, swapping, or any other tomfoolery, or we will be sending your notice of ejection from the Club forth with, toot sweet, and whatnot. :taunt:

Ooh! I'm all in for special dispensation too :)

That bag sits at the family home in Canada and is only used in Canada and saves me lugging my regular clubs to/from the airport. It's totally set:

913 D2/i20 3W/i20 Hybrid/913h/X Hot Pro 5I/6-PW Fly Z Pro/Mp T4 54*/Cleveland 58*/Odyssey Proto #9...

... now to just finish up my actual bag!

F.T.

I'm definitely set after going nuts during the CPO Cyber Week sale. Only clubs remaining from my 2018 setup are wedges and putter.

Driver- Rogue /Recoil ES 450 F4

3W- Fusion /Recoil ES 450 F4

3HYB Epic /Recoil ES 780 F4

4HYB Epic /Recoil ES 780 F4

5HYB Epic /Recoil ES 780 F4

6-GW Steelhead XR /Recoil ES 780 F4

54* Nike Engage Toe Sweep /DG Spinner

58* Nike Engage Toe Sweep /DG Spinner

Putter- Nike Method Origin B1-14