2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

National Custom Works Official Thread

National Custom Works

Anybody with orders placed know how far behind they are on getting orders out? I was hopeful I would have mine by now.

I was told a few weeks from the grinding wheel, a few weeks ago. My order was placed end of August/beginning of September. I fully expect that I will be waiting months beyond the expected delivery (not that there was ever a definitive date). Given my previous bespoke experiences I was fully prepared to wait. I hope for periodic communication, as I hate to pester, and will ogle the Instagram posts as they come.

Look forward to seeing the projects that others have commissioned.

Would be interested to hear the real timeframes that others have experienced from order to delivery.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

2 months for wedges

2 months for irons

My orders were pretty early on, though. Not sure of the current wait times.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

2 months for wedges

2 months for irons

Thanks for chiming in MB, those were the time frames I was given up front. It's my understanding Don has had some challenges this year. I hope all the best to he and his family. I have no doubt that all will turn out as planned and the irons will be spectacular.

The snow will fly soon enough in the Great White North and a True Temper snow shovel will be my weapon of mass destruction. Already dreaming of sunny days with a set of raw NCW's in-hand.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

2 months for wedges

2 months for irons

The snow will fly soon enough in the Great White North and a True Temper snow shovel will be my weapon of mass destruction. Already dreaming of sunny days with a set of raw NCW's in-hand.

Got some golf in yesterday and plan to on Tuesday, too. My second favorite true temper product will be in 'play' soon, too.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

I'd build them out a site for a set of clubs. In a heartbeat.

And I'm no college kid. I do it for a living.

We'd do it for a lot less than that. I've done hundreds of logos, websites, etc. Taught web design at a major university, and have over 20 years experience. It's only about $1K all in to get an entire branding package including a site and intro video with us, and our work is as good as it gets. Cheers. :D

PM me ia m in need of a website..

PING G430 Max 8 degree (digitally lofted) TR Blue 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D4 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

• 2 weeks later...

wanted to post my set that I just received!

got a progressive set, 4-6 in the cavity and 7-11 in the blade. went asian style with the 10 and 11 iron (instead of PW and gap wedge). set was built by Will Peoples and Orange/White/Blue (GO CUSE) ferrules are from BB&F Co. the 4 & 5 iron are butter knives so we'll see if this 14 handicapper can actually hit them but damn do they look pretty in my hands. can't wait to actually play a round with them!

Did anyone else on here place an order sometime this summer? June/July?

I placed an order in August, hope they will be ready any day now. But not sure on how far behind they are. From the looks of the pictures in this topic it will be well worth the wait!!

It ended up being about 4 months from my specs being sent in to delivery of the heads. Will be longer if you're doing chrome or having someone else build the clubs.

The Seth Pistol bringing the heat. Years ago (when I was a double digit handicap) I posted that I didn't have the game for blades and couldn't justify the cost of a set of Scratch irons. Thankfully I've come to my senses. There will be a time when I am no longer able to play and Don White will no longer be grinding irons. I'll rock these irons (good, bad, or otherwise) and enjoy the experience they bring.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

The Seth Pistol bringing the heat. Years ago (when I was a double digit handicap) I posted that I didn't have the game for blades and couldn't justify the cost of a set of Scratch irons. Thankfully I've come to my senses. There will be a time when I am no longer able to play and Don White will no longer be grinding irons. I'll rock these irons (good, bad, or otherwise) and enjoy the experience they bring.

i'm just a glutton for punishment - i should play easier clubs but i love the look of blades. i probably leave 3-5 shots on the course by hitting blades but i love the look. and i'd agree, someday don will no longer make clubs so might as well pick up a work of art while i can. its like eating pizza at Di Fara's in Brooklyn. take advantage while you can.

i'm also a true ho so i know i will get a set of ping blueprints next year. or 919s. or miuras.

I've been ogling the clubs on their IG for a while. Gorgeous stuff.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

i'm just a glutton for punishment - i should play easier clubs but i love the look of blades. i probably leave 3-5 shots on the course by hitting blades but i love the look. and i'd agree, someday don will no longer make clubs so might as well pick up a work of art while i can. its like eating pizza at Di Fara's in Brooklyn. take advantage while you can.

i'm also a true ho so i know i will get a set of ping blueprints next year. or 919s. or miuras.

Tell me more about this DiFara's Pizza you speak of!

Arguably best pizza in NYC. Small pizza spot in Brooklyn where one old man makes every single pizza. No exceptions. He moves at his pace and you basically have to wait forever and a half for a pizza. But it’s some of the best pizza you’ll have. Not sure what will happen if he retires or passes away (he’s pretty old) so get it while you can.

Arguably best pizza in NYC. Small pizza spot in Brooklyn where one old man makes every single pizza. No exceptions. He moves at his pace and you basically have to wait forever and a half for a pizza. But it’s some of the best pizza you’ll have. Not sure what will happen if he retires or passes away (he’s pretty old) so get it while you can.

Interesting.

I may have to make a detour next time heading home to NJ.

Any hours better than others to get a slice?

Arguably best pizza in NYC. Small pizza spot in Brooklyn where one old man makes every single pizza. No exceptions. He moves at his pace and you basically have to wait forever and a half for a pizza. But it's some of the best pizza you'll have. Not sure what will happen if he retires or passes away (he's pretty old) so get it while you can.

Interesting.

I may have to make a detour next time heading home to NJ.

Any hours better than others to get a slice?

not really but i would try to stick to non-meal times. plenty of other good spots in brooklyn to check out as well if youre out there (totonos, paulie gees, robertas, lucali, l&b's). or do my personal favorite, go on a pizza tour - http://www.scottspizzatours.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in these, but I can't find any pricing. Anyone know what to expect for 7 irons and 3 wedges?

Up to $450 a head for irons and $350 wedges- just heads they don’t sell shafts or grips

Some might say “Wow that’s crazy!” “no way!” We’ll, I think it’s a BARGAIN! Hand ground custom heads to whatever I want for a little more than double a normal head? No freaking brainer.

• 2 weeks later...

An instagram sighting. Can hardly contain my excitement.

With the weather turning sideways in the Great White North my heart has been warmed.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Patrick was kind enough to send a photo album. A sneak peak of a few heads. Exactly what I had dreamed of while we were discussing the project. The heads are going to be tumbled and paintfill is yet to be added, but you will get the idea. I'll wait to post the shots of all of the heads until the heads are finished or will wait until I complete the build.

This has been such a cool experience.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Can anyone speak to or has a picture that would illustrate the difference between the brushed and tumbled finish once they’ve had some time to age? Do they just end up looking the same?

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

Patrick was kind enough to send a photo album. A sneak peak of a few heads. Exactly what I had dreamed of while we were discussing the project. The heads are going to be tumbled and paintfill is yet to be added, but you will get the idea. I'll wait to post the shots of all of the heads until the heads are finished or will wait until I complete the build.

You have great tastes sir!

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

I was eyeballing those ferrules when I was trying to decide what to order, they are going to look awesome

PXG 0311 7.5* (set to 6.75*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 0.75" @ 45.25"

TM Original One Mini Driver 13* (set at 11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana BF 80TX Tipped 1.5" @ 43"
Srixon U45 18* w/ N.S. Pro Modus3 GOST Tour X @ 39.5"
Callaway UW 21* w/ Aldila VS Proto 95X Tipped 1.75" @ 41" / Srixon U45 23* w/ Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour X @ 38.5"

Cobra KING Tour with MIM w/ PX LS 7.0 5-PW / Srixon Z745 5-PW w/ DG TI X7's (PW Tipped 1/4")
Mizuno T22 Denim Copper 50*, 55* & 60* w/ PX LS 7.0 Tipped 3/8" D2, D3 & D5

Putter: Evnroll ER2v

PD, you did so many things right with these, my man. Congrats!

Can anyone speak to or has a picture that would illustrate the difference between the brushed and tumbled finish once they’ve had some time to age? Do they just end up looking the same?

The tumbled finish will knock down most of the grain that is left after the heads are finished. More matte in appearance than lightly grained.

I was eyeballing those ferrules when I was trying to decide what to order, they are going to look awesome

Mine came in[attachment

=4895318:DSC_0034.JPG]

PXG 0311 7.5* (set to 6.75*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 0.75" @ 45.25"

TM Original One Mini Driver 13* (set at 11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana BF 80TX Tipped 1.5" @ 43"
Srixon U45 18* w/ N.S. Pro Modus3 GOST Tour X @ 39.5"
Callaway UW 21* w/ Aldila VS Proto 95X Tipped 1.75" @ 41" / Srixon U45 23* w/ Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour X @ 38.5"

Cobra KING Tour with MIM w/ PX LS 7.0 5-PW / Srixon Z745 5-PW w/ DG TI X7's (PW Tipped 1/4")
Mizuno T22 Denim Copper 50*, 55* & 60* w/ PX LS 7.0 Tipped 3/8" D2, D3 & D5

Putter: Evnroll ER2v