Golf Course Logo on Apparel

BRS2014

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own and wear a Bethpage Black shirt, and I have visited the course but never played. One of these days I need to travel to L.I. with my golf clubs and at an appropriate time of year.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

I own and wear a Bethpage Black shirt, and I have visited the course but never played. One of these days I need to travel to L.I. with my golf clubs and at an appropriate time of year.

Get there EARLY (i.e. sleep in your car the night before).

That is no longer necessary even from out of state. You can get access to the tee time system a couple of days in advance.

Get there EARLY (i.e. sleep in your car the night before).

That is no longer necessary even from out of state. You can get access to the tee time system a couple of days in advance.

Yeah, either way, it needs to happen someday. I have family on the island, so I always have a place to stay. Just need to think up a good excuse to get it done. Hell, I wouldn't mind just playing the Red course.

or
or

I proudly wear a couple of shirts from a course I have never played. My brother-in-law moved to Memphis this year to work for St. Jude's and got the opportunity to join TPC Southwinds where the St. Jude's is played. He sent me a really nice Adidas shirt right after he joined and brought me another one home for Christmas this week. I hope to visit this spring and play the course but will not hesitate to wear them.

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.

I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.

If you want the shirt, and you can afford the shirt, and you have the ability to acquire the shirt, you should get the shirt.

Just be ready for someone to ask you what your favorite hole was, how you got on, etc. - and have an answer. I'd either go with that your buddy got it for you or you won it off a dude's back in a match or you just really like the logo and wanted the shirt but haven't played there yet.

There's always going to be someone who your answer isn't good enough for and if their opinion is going to keep you from buying and wearing something you really like...I dunnno man...

Personally would never wear a golf shirt or hat (or have a towel or tag on my bag) from a course I've never played.

Only because I like to have a story to tell if someone asks me about one I'm wearing.

That said; couldn't care less if someone else wants to do it! Wear it if you like it!

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

Wear it for you, not for some strangers.

It's sort of like sports jerseys. I bet most folks who pay $$$ for a jersey are happy to wear it - even though they have never played for the team, maybe never even played the sport, might not even live in the same town or have any connection to the team other than the buyer thinks it's nice. Heck - it even has somebody else's name on it...and there are bunches and bunches of people who have the same jersey. But they sure seem happy to show their support.

For whatever reason, I feel like bag tags and towels should be from courses one has played (I have an RTJ Trail and Ft. Benning towels on my bag). Shirts i don't care about. Call me crazy.

or
or

I see guys wearing Augusta gear. Doubt many have played it.

I'm sure you've seen guys wearing Masters gear. Less likely you've seen guys wearing AGNC gear. While there are tons of Masters logged shirts, sweaters, hats etc. sold at the Masters every year, AGNC logged gear is sold only at the Augusta pro shop and the access is very limited, like members and special guests.

A few years ago my wife was looking for a Halloween costume for one of the kids and went to Goodwill (why spend top dollar when they are only wearing it 1 night?). She came home with 2 Torrey Pines Ashworth shirts from the mid/late 90s that I still wear today.

Go for it!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Yeah dude, buy it and wear it. Who gives a crap if you've never played it.

Ping G400 - 8.5 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV X-Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash - 3W - Fujikura 757 TR 

Callaway Epic Flash - 5W - HZRDUS Smoke 

Mizuno MP20 - 4-7 MMC, 8-P MB - Project X LZ

Vokey SM6 - 52/56/60 - DG S200

Evnroll - ER5 

I see guys wearing Augusta gear. Doubt many have played it.

I'm sure you've seen guys wearing Masters gear. Less likely you've seen guys wearing AGNC gear. While there are tons of Masters logged shirts, sweaters, hats etc. sold at the Masters every year, AGNC logged gear is sold only at the Augusta pro shop and the access is very limited, like members and special guests.

About 25 years ago a coworker was down in Augusta. He called the pro shop and asked if they sold merchandise to the public. Why, sure we do, was the reply. Great, he said. How do I access the pro shop? Sir, you do not. One of our employees will meet your at the gate with your merchandise. Well, how do I know what I want if I can't see the selection and evaluate the quality? Sir, all of our merchandise is of the highest quality!. He bought a hat.

A bit like wearing a tour tee shirt of a band you've never seen.

Lots of younger folks wear concert shirts. It's very cool to see folks wearing shirts from bands that stop touring years before they were born.

I wear my Smiths shirts and I've never seen them in concert.

On the other hand, I'll only put logo golf balls from courses I've played in the display case and only wine corks from bottles I've drank from in my cork collection.

As far as shirts go, I buy golf apparel that are overruns from the guy at the local flea market for cheap. They have all kinds of crazy courses or tournaments embroidering in them.

Wear what you want to dude.

Yeah, it is cool to have a story about playing the course if you are wearing the logo but if it is a nice shirt, wear it and don't worry about what anyone else has to say.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I’ve been fortunate to have the chance to play a lot of exclusive places, and for some reason have always been hesitant to wear clothing with their logo. I don’t like logos in general and just don’t want the attention or to advertise I’ve done those things. That said, Muirfield (HCEG) started making available some logo’d clothing to the public. I couldn’t resist and did but a sweater. The catch- the logo stuff they sell to the public says Muirfield on it and has the HCEG logo. The member only stuff has only the logo. You’d really have to know what you are looking at. Kind of like the Augusta comments above.

Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.

I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.

My cheap buddy buys a lot of his shirts at second hand stores. Many of those shirts have course logos on them. Quite often somebody asks him about the course on his shirt and, usually, brings up their favorite hole on the course. My buddy lies to them and nods while they tell stories of playing the course. I just sit there and smirk lol.

My cheap buddy buys a lot of his shirts at second hand stores. Many of those shirts have course logos on them. Quite often somebody asks him about the course on his shirt and, usually, brings up their favorite hole on the course. My buddy lies to them and nods while they tell stories of playing the course. I just sit there and smirk lol.

I has a few “Tour de France” T-shirt’s I got from a magazine subscription. I was shocked how many people asked if I had ridden it. I would reply “Of course I have”. Lol

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

I has a few "Tour de France" T-shirt's I got from a magazine subscription. I was shocked how many people asked if I had ridden it. I would reply "Of course I have". Lol

Liestrong

For me being a big guy I get shirts from everywhere when and where ever I can---- Funny thing is that I have never had anyone ask me anything about them. Most of the permanent residents ie: locals know me. Most of the tourists are from all over and of course there are a variety of logo shirts and hats. But really I do not pay any attention to what logos folks have on shirts or hats. The only 2 course logo hats I own are from courses here and courses I have been a member at. But FWIW I say wear any shirt or logo you want to no matter if you have not played the course or not. The only thing I draw my line at for me is USGA logo stuff. I will not wear it period. But if someone else want to that is fine with me

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

I has a few "Tour de France" T-shirt's I got from a magazine subscription. I was shocked how many people asked if I had ridden it. I would reply "Of course I have". Lol

Liestrong

Livewrong