New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

Love the black crown on this. Aside from that, I see no vast improvement from my 917D3

Deep. Thank you for that.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]

TS3 - Tour AD DI 6X here.

One thing is the shaft does make a big difference in all these new "Hot" heads. I had the same issue with the Epic until I got a shaft that FIT MY Swing.

I played the the 905/910 and 915 before without a single issue, like easy mode but always gave up yards. I bought the Epic for more distance and it was struggle at first. I came to the conclusion after two detailed fittings now that all these new "Hot" drivers offer distance gains but to control it you need the right "engine" (shaft) that FITS you. Find a fitter that has all the shafts you can test.

Interesting is the Tensi AV Blue fit very very well but in 65 X flex.... not the 55 gram they offer stock. I keep hooking that 55 shaft and found out later its designed to draw and fight the fade. NOT what I need lol

Love the black crown on this. Aside from that, I see no vast improvement from my 917D3

Are you just referring to the look of the TS range? - No they don't look radically different, but you're missing the point imho - The performance gain over the 917 is marked, well it was for me ...

Paul

TaylorMade P770 5-PW c/w Shimada Tour Lite Stiff 
Mizuno MP-T22 49* 54* 58* 
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 10.5* Driver c/w MRC Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR 60s
PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

Well, I never thought the release of new drivers from Callaway and TaylorMade would be such a good thing for Titleist. Because now we know for a fact that the “Titleist Speed Project” is a real success.

Most online reviewers show the same thing.

TS3 will give you higher ball speed than M5, M6 and Epic Flash and a similar ball speed to Epic Flash Sub Zero.

I think they open a bottle or two of champagne at Titleist headquarters these days. Congratulations!

And from my own point of view it feels great to now that my driver gives me top-of-the-line performance, without looking weird or having turbolators, extracharging, misplaced neon colors or carbonish plastic or any other gimmick. Just plain black beauty with raw power ;-)

Well, I never thought the release of new drivers from Callaway and TaylorMade would be such a good thing for Titleist. Because now we know for a fact that the "Titleist Speed Project" is a real success.

Most online reviewers show the same thing.

TS3 will give you higher ball speed than M5, M6 and Epic Flash and a similar ball speed to Epic Flash Sub Zero.

I think they open a bottle or two of champagne at Titleist headquarters these days. Congratulations!

And from my own point of view it feels great to now that my driver gives me top-of-the-line performance, without looking weird or having turbolators, extracharging, misplaced neon colors or carbonish plastic or any other gimmick. Just plain black beauty with raw power ;-)

It does appear that Titleist has finally caught up to the other major drivers and fairway woods.

Just traded my TS3 for a Ping G400 Max. Just couldn't get the ball flight I wanted.

Interesting as ball flight can be adjusted very very easy with the adapter and shaft choice....??

Did adjust it, still hit the ball low, and really didn't like the feel. Hit it well during a fitting on a Titleist Thursday, but didn't work well on the course. I've played Ping drivers since the G5, and really feel more confident with the Ping. Nothing against Titleist, it just wasn't for me.

Played golf on holiday last week in Gran Canaria, and the rental set had a brand new TS3 with HZRDUS Smoke fitted and I'm now a big fan. Very similar yardage / accuracy to my Vapor Fly with a softer shaft (S vs X in my Nike).

I could definitely be tempted to see what it could do properly fitted, so when it comes to replacing my trusty Nikes these will be top of the list.

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

Friend of mine got the TS3 free from a Titleist rep. He just went back to his 915. He's scratch or better. I trust his opinions so.

It's not Jordan Spieth is it?

In all seriousness though, that makes no sense at all.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Friend of mine got the TS3 free from a Titleist rep. He just went back to his 915. He's scratch or better. I trust his opinions so.

So what ?

Because he hits something better than something else that means WHAT to you again ? :blink: :beruo:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Hit a TS3 and a 2 on a trackman recently against my 917D2. Even tried my current shaft on the TS3, along with three other shaft combos and saw virtually NO difference between my 917D2 and the TS3.

In fact I hit the TS3 3-5 yards LESS with all four shaft combos than with my 917D2. Spin and launch angle was virtually the same as well. So.... I see no reasons to spend money on a driver that seems to offer no significant advantage over my 2017 model.

I'm a Team Titleist Memeber, but the TS Driver just did not impress me.

I did the Titleist Thursday fitting and couldn't believe the numbers I was getting compared to my 913 d2 Diamana White X, I was fitted into the TS2. I was so skeptical of the Trackman numbers I went to my local store and hit both TS drivers off the GC Quad and the numbers were crazy good again, I was fitted into TS3 this time. Since I couldn't make up my mind I decided to wait for a local driving range demo day to test against all of the other drivers. After trying all of them it came down to the Rogue SZ w/Hazard Yellow X and the TS2 w/Diamana White 72 X, both equal in distance and ball speed but the misses with the TS2 were way better...plus the shaft upgrade was free. So far after 4 rounds it has performed great.

Titleist TS2 9.5* Diamana White 72
Titleist 913 F-d 13.5* Diamana White 82
Titleist 913 H 18* Diamana White 92
Srixon 785 4-PW Modus 120
Titleist SM7 50, 56, 60
Odyssey 2-ball putter

My biggest takeaway from playing the TS3 since it’s introduction is how straight and consistent this driver is. All things being equal I love the consistency I’m gaining. I personally like the shape and color of the 917 better but the ball speed was a little off. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I had the 915 3 years ago. I liked it and got good results, but that thing was LOUD. I had to wear earplugs when I practised with it. I traded it for an M1, which gave way to an Epic, then a Rogue . To me the TS3 gives a great sound and feels solid but no earplugs required (so far).

LOL I just hit my 915 again this last weekend....DAMN I forgot how loud it was. TS3 is soooo much better on that aspect. I do believe this driver "feel" (just like the epic I had) is very dependent on the shaft you chose. I would say test a bunch out if your looking at a TS2 / TS3

I finally got out yesterday. I bought the AD DJ after some testing on a LM but only got in a round or two before the floods came. It's still very wet so I was hitting for optimum carry and it didn't disappoint. High bombs (for me) all afternoon. What is surprising to me is how easy it is to hit. I was skeptical about the TS3 because I had always been a 2 series guy but the distance difference was too much to ignore. I can hit fades, draws, and straight-ish shots with this thing no problem. It is a tremendous weapon to trust your driver. I find it frees up my swing in other areas as well.

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

I finally got out yesterday. I bought the AD DJ after some testing on a LM but only got in a round or two before the floods came. It's still very wet so I was hitting for optimum carry and it didn't disappoint. High bombs (for me) all afternoon. What is surprising to me is how easy it is to hit. I was skeptical about the TS3 because I had always been a 2 series guy but the distance difference was too much to ignore. I can hit fades, draws, and straight-ish shots with this thing no problem. It is a tremendous weapon to trust your driver. I find it frees up my swing in other areas as well.

Man that statement is sooooo true.... =)

I got to hit both the 917d2 and ts2 recently. I preferred the ts2. The 917 was pretty harsh feeling on my usual mishit. The ts2 was far less harsh on a similar miss. Preferred the sound and feel of the ts2 on center hits. It had a lively sound without being overly loud. The 917 was a little more muted.

There's nothing in the rule book that says you can't play drunk.

"Distance difference" ??? :blink:

I've hit both heads and the "3" may be a yard or 2 longer (due to minimally less spin) on exact same hits but not a whole lot.

But the "2", to me, seemed to offer a fair bit more control, certainly enough to give up a couple of yards. :dntknw:

Titleist Pro V1X

I had the 915 3 years ago. I liked it and got good results, but that thing was LOUD. I had to wear earplugs when I practised with it. I traded it for an M1, which gave way to an Epic, then a Rogue . To me the TS3 gives a great sound and feels solid but no earplugs required (so far).

LOL I just hit my 915 again this last weekend....DAMN I forgot how loud it was. TS3 is soooo much better on that aspect. I do believe this driver "feel" (just like the epic I had) is very dependent on the shaft you chose. I would say test a bunch out if your looking at a TS2 / TS3

100%, my TS3 is VERY fussy with shafts. It changes everything significantly.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

epic, rogue and now TS3. Smoke shaft was just aweful for me so I got a kurokage silver tini tipped 1/2" at 44.75" and oh my gosh this is a beast. Its not longer than my rogue on pure strikes but the forgiveness is off the charts better. Not even close. It is just plain hard to miss fairways. I wish it was not so shiny on top but other than that this won't be going out of the bag for a long time. True love.

I've hit both heads and the "3" may be a yard or 2 longer (due to minimally less spin) on exact same hits but not a whole lot.

But the "2", to me, seemed to offer a fair bit more control, certainly enough to give up a couple of yards. :dntknw:

You mean you and me aren't the same person? Who would've thought! :lol:

I hit every major mfg offerings and every single one of them was within a yard or two of my 913D2 including the TS2. The TS3 was on average 8 yards longer than mine. Once I got fitted into the AD DJ I saw that number creep to 11 yards. So yes, you may have only seen a yard or two difference between them. For my swing, however, there was a noticeable difference in performance. And I don't really find it any harder to hit than my 913 was. Maybe not quite as forgiving as the TS2 on my worst swings, but I'll take that in exchange for a club or two less into every Par 4 and a better chance of making 5's in two any day of the week.

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

I hit every major mfg offerings and every single one of them was within a yard or two of my 913D2 including the TS2. The TS3 was on average 8 yards longer than mine. Once I got fitted into the AD DJ I saw that number creep to 11 yards. So yes, you may have only seen a yard or two difference between them. For my swing, however, there was a noticeable difference in performance. And I don't really find it any harder to hit than my 913 was. Maybe not quite as forgiving as the TS2 on my worst swings, but I'll take that in exchange for a club or two less into every Par 4 and a better chance of making 5's in two any day of the week.

I'm having a little trouble figuring out the sequence of events.

It sounds like the key here may simply be the DJ shaft. I mean certainly not all those "every major mfg offerings" were with the DJ shaft, right ? I expect the TS2 was though, yes ?

I've never seen the DJ shaft in a demo group of shafts. In fact, I can't ever remember seeing a top end GD shaft in anybody's offerings (although I guess there are some somewhere).

Nevertheless, so the TS3 was 11 yards longer than "yours". That was the 913D2, correct ? But the 913D2 was also with the DJ shaft ?

Anyway, net-net, you get 11 more from the TS3 than the TS2 with the same DJ shaft, yes ? That seems a rather large difference but if that's what you get, that's what you get. :dntknw:

And with the same, or very similar control ? It's a keeper. Congrats :good:

Titleist Pro V1X

I'm having a little trouble figuring out the sequence of events.

It sounds like the key here may simply be the DJ shaft. I mean certainly not all those "every major mfg offerings" were with the DJ shaft, right ? I expect the TS2 was though, yes ?

I've never seen the DJ shaft in a demo group of shafts. In fact, I can't ever remember seeing a top end GD shaft in anybody's offerings (although I guess there are some somewhere).

Nevertheless, so the TS3 was 11 yards longer than "yours". That was the 913D2, correct ? But the 913D2 was also with the DJ shaft ?

Anyway, net-net, you get 11 more from the TS3 than the TS2 with the same DJ shaft, yes ? That seems a rather large difference but if that's what you get, that's what you get. :dntknw:

And with the same, or very similar control ? It's a keeper. Congrats :good:

Not sure if 11 yards is that big of difference honestly when his driver is a 913. I had that driver and 915 (still have) and I can say hands down the TS3/2 is longer then the 913. TS3/4 is 6 years newer design which I would say is about the range when you will see differences. IHMO that is.

Is the TS3 longer then my epic was? a bit but not much in the "overall" aspect. The feel / sound / look and more so the control is WAY better for me. Main reason I switched was the accuracy then it was distance. Once adjusted to MY SWING which everyone should get fitted for any driver they get.

SOOOOOOOO If I can hit 2 more fairways per round....well that is 2 out of 14 now... "baby steps".... =_)