True Temper Elevate - Iron Shafts

Diamana_Stinger

Never sell to this crowd.

Nearly Everyone on this site seems to think they hit the ball too high and spin too much.

Very few people that I play with seem to understand what the height of a well struck iron should look like.

Most stronger more accomplished players should hit their irons with at least a 100 foot Apex. That’s up there.

Not the highest spin player right here.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Interesting option for high speed players but my initial hunch is that for the older typical amateur who struggles with launch- simply dropping more weight would help much more with adding spin and launch than these shaft offerings.

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

• 2 months later...

I saw in Callaway's custom shaft list that there is an Elevate Tour Black. Anyone know what that is?

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with VA Composites Nemesys 65s untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s tipped 1/2”

Ping G430 4 hybrid with Fujikura Ventus Blue Hybrid 10x untipped

Ping i530 5-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 50.5s, 55s, 59.5h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

These smell an awful lot like a rebranded Dynalight Gold with Sensicore shaft.

It's sounds exactly NOTHING like that.

These are basically the replacement for the PXi line with a sensicore installed. I've tested both and the numbers will be very similar to the PXis for most people. On paper they look a few grams heavier than the PXis but the cut weights will be within a gram or two.

Just go graphite, you know it makes sense.........

:superman2:

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

These are basically the replacement for the PXi line with a sensicore installed. I've tested both and the numbers will be very similar to the PXis for most people. On paper they look a few grams heavier than the PXis but the cut weights will be within a gram or two.

They are also within a gram or two of the Dynalite Gold shafts at approx 118 grams. The Dynalite Gold was designed to hit the ball a little higher with a little more spin also. I took a look at the step patterns of the two shafts and they are slightly different but based on the marketing and specs the two shafts were made to accomplish the same goal.

There’s a difference between these and the pxi shafts. Maybe not a load of difference but the elevates should help launch it higher (not overall height but the initial launch) with that lower spin and sharper decent angle. The pxi if I recall correctly was a low spin, mid to low launch shaft in a light package. I believe the bend profile should show a difference but that is a little more technical than I could explain or show haha.

Dynalite was (IMO) a pretty weak and light shaft that had me with way too much spin and ballooning balls with weak flights. Haven’t noticed that at all with my tour elevates.

Forever Changing at this point.......

They are also within a gram or two of the Dynalite Gold shafts at approx 118 grams. The Dynalite Gold was designed to hit the ball a little higher with a little more spin also. I took a look at the step patterns of the two shafts and they are slightly different but based on the marketing and specs the two shafts were made to accomplish the same goal.

Dynalite Gold was a high launch/ high spin shaft. Regardless of your perception of the step pattern, that and the Elevate are not the same OR even aimed at the same player.

Nearly Everyone on this site seems to think they hit the ball too high and spin too much.

Very few people that I play with seem to understand what the height of a well struck iron should look like.

Most stronger more accomplished players should hit their irons with at least a 100 foot Apex. That’s up there.

I’m a high ball hitter relative to most of the Ams I play with regularly. I remember the first time I saw a professional (Sean O’ Hair) hit a ball in person I was blown away by the height.

I play with 0 guys that need to hit the ball lower, and LOTS of guys who need to hit it higher. Granted only a few of my regulars are WRX’ers....

• Like 2
Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Sounds interesting. I wonder how different it would be from DG 120 x100 though. I guess this is a slightly different profile with a softer tip.

DG120 and DG105 are supposed to be the same profile as the full weight DG. They do play a hair softer though, which is interesting, because the DGSL played stiffer than a standard DG. At any rate, I'd assume this is kind of a re-branding of the DG Pro, which was aimed to get the ball a bit higher with a touch more spin. It didn't stay around for very long for whatever reason, but it felt fantastic. IMO it was miles better feeling and performing than the DG120 and DG AMT, but obviously TT thought differently. I only saw it for about a year or so before it almost completely vanished.

I think the VPC, VP and J15CBs all were stock with those DG Pros...I greatly preferred the Modus 3 125.

Remember the Black Gold TT shafts?

It was stock in the Nike VPC, the Wilson V4, and the Bridgestone J15. As for no-charge stock, it was pretty much only available in Callaway as Srixon and Mizuno completely ignored it. It's a shame, it was a solid shaft. I haven't hit the 125, but I've tried the Super Peening Blue (which is supposedly the 125 profile) and it felt super boardy and heavy to me. I remember the Black Golds, same thing as the SPB, very stout and harsh (at least to me!)

Nothing wrong with those DG Pros. They did seem to come and go fast, but they felt nice and were in a nice weight range. That shaft was great for me in long irons especially. But I also really like the DG 120, though I like the feel more in the X100 version, which to me is actually more lively than the s300. Have been testing it against the Modus 120 and I definitely like the feeling at impact more with the Dynamic Golds, and I flight them at 95-105 feet and it’s perfect.

Nippon Modus 125 is my favorite in their lineup, but I like it a lot more feel wise if it is softstepped. A 125 stiff straight in is a lot of shaft.

The DG 120 X100 soft-stepped once feels best to me. I played DG Pro S300 straight in. The Elevate sounds like a good fit for long irons but if it aids launch in shorter irons, I would not want that. The Pros were a flighted set.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I bet these come and go just like the DG Pros did, although I did like the Pros as well. I really don't understand what in the hell True Temper are doing, it just seems like a constant scramble. The XP series shafts were all great, and they've all but scrapped those except for the 95's at this point. I have always, for the most part liked the basic feel of True Temper shafts. They need to make some decisions and stick with them like the other steel shaft companies do. You don't see KBS scrapping full lines of shafts that they have released years ago just because they come out with something new. Although they may have a few too many at this point. Nippon has to be the easiest to understand and they don't just come out with sh*t just to come out with sh*t. They stick to their guns and show that whatever models they come out with have lasting validity. True Temper now has the 95 gram version on their website of the elevate, .370 tips only. They have become a fu**ing joke!

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| UST Mamiya Recoil ES SW 780 F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

Sounds interesting. I wonder how different it would be from DG 120 x100 though. I guess this is a slightly different profile with a softer tip.

DG120 and DG105 are supposed to be the same profile as the full weight DG. They do play a hair softer though, which is interesting, because the DGSL played stiffer than a standard DG. At any rate, I'd assume this is kind of a re-branding of the DG Pro, which was aimed to get the ball a bit higher with a touch more spin. It didn't stay around for very long for whatever reason, but it felt fantastic. IMO it was miles better feeling and performing than the DG120 and DG AMT, but obviously TT thought differently. I only saw it for about a year or so before it almost completely vanished.

I think the VPC, VP and J15CBs all were stock with those DG Pros...I greatly preferred the Modus 3 125.

Remember the Black Gold TT shafts?

It was stock in the Nike VPC, the Wilson V4, and the Bridgestone J15. As for no-charge stock, it was pretty much only available in Callaway as Srixon and Mizuno completely ignored it. It's a shame, it was a solid shaft. I haven't hit the 125, but I've tried the Super Peening Blue (which is supposedly the 125 profile) and it felt super boardy and heavy to me. I remember the Black Golds, same thing as the SPB, very stout and harsh (at least to me!)

Nothing wrong with those DG Pros. They did seem to come and go fast, but they felt nice and were in a nice weight range. That shaft was great for me in long irons especially. But I also really like the DG 120, though I like the feel more in the X100 version, which to me is actually more lively than the s300. Have been testing it against the Modus 120 and I definitely like the feeling at impact more with the Dynamic Golds, and I flight them at 95-105 feet and it’s perfect.

Nippon Modus 125 is my favorite in their lineup, but I like it a lot more feel wise if it is softstepped. A 125 stiff straight in is a lot of shaft.

The DG 120 X100 soft-stepped once feels best to me. I played DG Pro S300 straight in. The Elevate sounds like a good fit for long irons but if it aids launch in shorter irons, I would not want that. The Pros were a flighted set.

In terms of the short irons, they do aid in launch slightly, but in that part of the bag, it’s more about getting a high low spin fight (no ballooning) with a sharp descent angle to aid in green entry. The longer irons are to help get that ball in the air as most ams have trouble doing so. It’s more of a launch and flatter trajectory but still higher than say the s300 or Lz

I bet these come and go just like the DG Pros did, although I did like the Pros as well. I really don't understand what in the hell True Temper are doing, it just seems like a constant scramble. The XP series shafts were all great, and they've all but scrapped those except for the 95's at this point. I have always, for the most part liked the basic feel of True Temper shafts. They need to make some decisions and stick with them like the other steel shaft companies do. You don't see KBS scrapping full lines of shafts that they have released years ago just because they come out with something new. Although they may have a few too many at this point. Nippon has to be the easiest to understand and they don't just come out with sh*t just to come out with sh*t. They stick to their guns and show that whatever models they come out with have lasting validity. True Temper now has the 95 gram version on their website of the elevate, .370 tips only. They have become a fu**ing joke!

I’m not sure where this is coming from… I mean it’s pretty normal for companies to innovate and try to update their lines to make it more appropriate to the audience they’re targeting. Yeah they had a ton of different lines but at the time that was probably what they felt was best for their audience and they come out with new ones to continue to provide options for people. Options are not a bad thing.

And the addition of the 95 is slightly different than their ones they initially released. They have the tour elevates in the heavier weights. The 95 is a lighter weight and it also is going to be slightly higher spin. Aim for the slower swinger or even the older golfer who needs the weight reduction but doesn’t want to move fullbore to graphite. Basically a better version of that dyna light that people were discussing earlier. Except not quite as high launching because I think people are finding out that with today’s iron head designs you really don’t need hi spin/higher launching iron shafts.

Would you call Titleist a effing joke now that they have two balls in their premium line a slightly different ball that is also been added to the premium line 2 balls in the category below it and then I think another one or two categories below that? When they used to just have two or three? I mean you’re analogy could work for just about every other OEM in the market of any business.

You missed my point Papa. True Temper is the only competing steel shaft company that has been regularly over the years coming out with "new" lines of shafts for irons only to throw them to the wayside a couple of years later and replacing them with something called something else. It does not help their credibility in the market place in my opinion to continue to do this. The other shaft companies that I mentioned are not and have not been doing this. They keep their older lines in existence because they know that they are good and it shows that they know this. There just isn't that a reason, especially for steel iron shafts, to keep doing what they are doing. It's basically like what is happening with the OEM's and their driver heads or whatever else they come out with every couple of years. I never mentioned golf balls, that is another topic for another thread. Sometimes, it seems like TT have been just coming out with basically the same shaft with a different name attached to it. Marketing, marketing, marketing and it just drives me crazy. Why in the world would they discontinue the DG Pro for example. It was a really good concept they had there. They love their Dynamic Gold branding, and why wouldn't they? But, in my opinion they are just coming out with gimmicks unlike other steel shaft companies and it doesn't look good especially when they don't end up sticking by them. Lastly, why would they come out with a 95 gram of this elevate shaft that is descending weight parallel tip? Garbage! Won't last, this will be scrapped along with the other various gimmicks they have come out with throughout the years.

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

I gotcha. Understable gripes. I guess I still see it as a company who wants to make sure they aren’t staying stagnant and trying to push the envelope as much as they can when they can? I don’t have a real reason for it haha.

One part I guess I disagree with is I’m not sure they’re losing any credibility. Maybe it’s heritage/tradiotion but they’re still the main shaft provider for tour and oem offerings. The dg pro was a good shaft but I do feel it only reached a certain audience. It was slightly heavier I believe in the longer irons. Where the AMT series now is better for most as it’s a weighted progression instead of flights. (Right dg pro was delighted profession I believe?) I think they saw that going weight oriented was more important than flighted sets. Flighted sets are great for really good players who may have some deficiency either in speed or creating spin in the longer irons. Don’t really help with the normal golfer as much as a weighted progression set does. As I see it any how.

Don’t know much about the 95s so cannot really discuss to much in those. My statement before was more speculation/guesswork.

I gotcha. Understable gripes. I guess I still see it as a company who wants to make sure they aren't staying stagnant and trying to push the envelope as much as they can when they can? I don't have a real reason for it haha.

One part I guess I disagree with is I'm not sure they're losing any credibility. Maybe it's heritage/tradiotion but they're still the main shaft provider for tour and oem offerings. The dg pro was a good shaft but I do feel it only reached a certain audience. It was slightly heavier I believe in the longer irons. Where the AMT series now is better for most as it's a weighted progression instead of flights. (Right dg pro was delighted profession I believe?) I think they saw that going weight oriented was more important than flighted sets. Flighted sets are great for really good players who may have some deficiency either in speed or creating spin in the longer irons. Don't really help with the normal golfer as much as a weighted progression set does. As I see it any how.

Don't know much about the 95s so cannot really discuss to much in those. My statement before was more speculation/guesswork.

Yes sir, we have reached a middle ground here. Ok, I agree that the DG AMT series is a winner, the black, red, and white and those may be the better choice overall than to stick with the DG Pro. Again, the Dynamic Gold branding, and again why wouldn't they? With that said, TT needs to stand by and keep what they have rolling. Standard DG, the DG AMT (3 different shafts), DG 120, DG 105, and I believe that they will be bringing the DG 95 to market in the near future which is supposed to launch similar, or possibly higher from what I have read than the XP 95, but spin a little less. So there you have it, 7 TT DG shafts with variances/differences and the best known branding name in the Western world. Even more shafts than that if you count the TI versions of some of these shafts, which is nothing more than a gouge to the consumer if the OEM doesn't offer it. Stop right there, that's it no more Dynalite, XP, Elevate, etc...to only scrap to the side once they get a wild hair up their a**. They still have the Project X side of things which is finally tidying up (Project X, LZ) . Keep things there, no more BS with steel shafts. If one cannot find a shaft in all of this from TT, a Nippon variant, or KBS variant, well then just don't play golf at all, or just play an OEM branded stock steel shaft.

PS: the DG 115 wedge shaft is also a winner that should stay (which adds to the arsenal), but for some cynical reason, I feel that they will F that up somehow. Hopefully not.

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

So how is the shaft doing all this performance? Can True Temper provide any actual data? And does it achieve this in every type of iron model? Or does the designed intent of a club model do more. That being said. These are the best feeling shafts Tt has come out with in a long time. But it’s seems like they are chasing KBS with different models and stories. But there’s a lot of golfers out there. And they will sell plenty.

So how is the shaft doing all this performance? Can True Temper provide any actual data? And does it achieve this in every type of iron model? Or does the designed intent of a club model do more. That being said. These are the best feeling shafts Tt has come out with in a long time. But it's seems like they are chasing KBS with different models and stories. But there's a lot of golfers out there. And they will sell plenty.

TT chasing KBS. That's an interesting statement.

I’m a high ball hitter relative to most of the Ams I play with regularly. I remember the first time I saw a professional (Sean O’ Hair) hit a ball in person I was blown away by the height.

I play with 0 guys that need to hit the ball lower, and LOTS of guys who need to hit it higher. Granted only a few of my regulars are WRX’ers....

Yep. I still remember the first time I went to a pro tourney with my dad back in the late 80’s. Bob Hope Classic in Palm Springs.

I was still fairly new to golf, but I was absolutely AMAZED at how high nearly everyone hit it.

Fast forward to today and I am a lot like you in that I hit the ball higher than about 98% of the people I ever play with, and It never enters my mind that I need to hit the ball lower, but over and over again I hear people complain that they hit it too high. Nope.... No you don’t.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked this same question and people replied they were different......to me it seems the same

Same weight and trying to accomplish same goal

Elevate and Elevate tour will be stock steel offering in the new Apex and Apex Pro

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 60TX
Ping G425 Max 16.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX 
Srixon ZX UT 2/3/4 - KBS C Taper Lite X
Srixon ZX7 5-P - KBS C Taper Lite X
Titleist SM8 Raw 50/54/58 - TI DG S400
Scotty Cameron 2020 Newport 2 

Yep. I still remember the first time I went to a pro tourney with my dad back in the late 80’s. Bob Hope Classic in Palm Springs.

I was still fairly new to golf, but I was absolutely AMAZED at how high nearly everyone hit it.

Fast forward to today and I am a lot like you in that I hit the ball higher than about 98% of the people I ever play with, and It never enters my mind that I need to hit the ball lower, but over and over again I hear people complain that they hit it too high. Nope.... No you don’t.

agreed I was shocked how high tour pros hit it, but they also have decent swing speed, and consistent ballstriking.....

Idk if that apex is optimum for slower guys....

Doesn't seem to be a lot of people chiming in on actually playing these shafts so I'll give my two cents. I consider myself to have a higher swing speed (105-110 mph driver) but definitely de-loft my clubs at impact. My 12.5° driver generally has a launch angle of about 10°. Its a swing flaw I'm aware of. I generally play all of my shafts in S-flex. I just put the Elevate shafts in my new Mizuno MP18SC irons and the result is noticeable. My previous irons were JPX825 Pro with KBS Tour shafts and the apex height is at least a full club higher (i.e. 6I is now where my 7I used to be). Ball is landing noticeably softer and with less rollout. I don't know if I'm the type of player these were designed for but I can say I'm certainly impressed with the results and am looking forward to holding more greens come springtime.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of people chiming in on actually playing these shafts so I'll give my two cents. I consider myself to have a higher swing speed (105-110 mph driver) but definitely de-loft my clubs at impact. My 12.5° driver generally has a launch angle of about 10°. Its a swing flaw I'm aware of. I generally play all of my shafts in S-flex. I just put the Elevate shafts in my new Mizuno MP18SC irons and the result is noticeable. My previous irons were JPX825 Pro with KBS Tour shafts and the apex height is at least a full club higher (i.e. 6I is now where my 7I used to be). Ball is landing noticeably softer and with less rollout. I don't know if I'm the type of player these were designed for but I can say I'm certainly impressed with the results and am looking forward to holding more greens come springtime.

Are you seeing in gains in distance or same distance with a higher flight?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Are you seeing in gains in distance or same distance with a higher flight?

Its hard to say because I'm not playing the same irons. The MP18-SC are a degree or two weaker than the JPX825 Pros. Plus my first round out was in 45° weather with extremely wet conditions. When I was on the Trackman at the club fitter, my 6-iron was carrying the same as my old 6-iron or a few yards further, just with a higher apex. JPX825 - KBS Tour: 170 carry - 73 ft apex. MP18-SC - TT Elevate: 174 carry - 90 ft apex.