Best Golf Shoes for Walking

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever fits your foot best........................ it's gonna be a different answer for most people.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

... I always walk unless I am playing a mountain course or one with extreme distances between greens and tees. I have also had foot surgery so comfort is my #1 requirement and I have not found a more comfortable walking shoe than these FootJoys. I have 3 pair in reserve just in case they discontinue them, but these models have been around a long time, although under different names, so it looks like they aren't going anywhere. As already stated shoes are personal but if you like a sneaker style shoe these should be at the top of your "try them on" list.

https://www.footjoy.com/golf-shoes/men/spiked/golf-sneaker/014SPE.html?dwvar_014SPE_color=56732#gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj92_uNrP3wIVkbbACh16Jg8BEAAYASABEgIScPD_BwE&start=15

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

I've found the Ecco GTX 3's to be the most comfortable golf shoes for walking rounds. They feel like slippers with little to no break-in period.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Whatever fits your foot best........................ it's gonna be a different answer for most people.

Yeah, I figured that. Just wanting to see some people's input in terms of walking comfort and durability.

... I always walk unless I am playing a mountain course or one with extreme distances between greens and tees. I have also had foot surgery so comfort is my #1 requirement and I have not found a more comfortable walking shoe than these FootJoys. I have 3 pair in reserve just in case they discontinue them, but these models have been around a long time, although under different names, so it looks like they aren't going anywhere. As already stated shoes are personal but if you like a sneaker style shoe these should be at the top of your "try them on" list.

https://www.footjoy....PD_BwE&start=15

Thanks, I'll keep those ones in mind.

+1 for Ecco's. Literally just about any of them except for the more traditional saddles are perfect for walking. I found the Biom Hydromax's years ago (discontinued now) and I've now owned 7-8 pairs, I think? I search Ebay periodically and pick up any new ones that pop up in my size. There was also an ecco outlet by my house where I was able to snag a couple pairs on the cheap. I've tried Footjoy, Adidas, Nike...they all are solid shoes, but none compare to Ecco. I literally tell people all the time that I swear these shoes were made to a mold of my foot. I don't own any other shoes that cradle my feet like these do. That being said, they probably don't have that fit on everyone, so just try a bunch of pairs at your local shop and see what feels right.

+1 for Ecco's. Literally just about any of them except for the more traditional saddles are perfect for walking. I found the Biom Hydromax's years ago (discontinued now) and I've now owned 7-8 pairs, I think? I search Ebay periodically and pick up any new ones that pop up in my size. There was also an ecco outlet by my house where I was able to snag a couple pairs on the cheap. I've tried Footjoy, Adidas, Nike...they all are solid shoes, but none compare to Ecco. I literally tell people all the time that I swear these shoes were made to a mold of my foot. I don't own any other shoes that cradle my feet like these do. That being said, they probably don't have that fit on everyone, so just try a bunch of pairs at your local shop and see what feels right.

Thanks for the reply. I've heard great things about Ecco's. The challenge I have (probably should of mentioned) is that I wear a size 13-14. I can never find any of these to try on at the stores.

Eccos for dead solid sure.... Try Zappos, you can order multiple sizes and shipping is free both ways

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

I'm a big guy and I love to walk and have found the adidas tour boost 360 2.0's to be the best and most comfortable shoe for me to walk in. Provides a lot of cushion and support.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

One complaint I have with many of the golf shoes I have is the poor quality insoles put in the shoes by manufacturers. Sometimes my new shoes insoles have holes in them after only a few weeks. I've learned to replace insoles frequently, and too, I've learned to cut off corns and fix blisters and calluses on my feet well enough probably to practice podiatry! Too, I won't use spikeless golf shoes anymore because they slip too often on ground hitting balls. Need dry shoes also, my golf shoes need to be water proof so my feet stay dry.

I'd guess that much like golf shafts or clubs, it totally depends on you and finding a shoe that foots your foot shape. You likely won't like Nike or Adidas shoes if you've got a super wide or high instep foot. Equally as important to be comfortable for long walking is orthotics like Superfeet etc in the shoe to provide support.

If you've got a pretty generic foot (not too wide or skinny) then I'd say just about anything that isn't super stiff should be fine.

I plan to give G Fore a shot the next time I'm in the market. Most reviews are fairly positive and I like the fact they come in so many different color combos. Plus they just look classy.

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

This thread is no different than any other equipment thread; most responses are going to be about what the individual is using at that moment. We all want to feel good about how we've spent our bucks, and I'm no different.

And the truth is, there are a lot of good options these days. Lots of people rave about Adidas, about True, and there are people that are incredibly loyal to Footjoy. Skechers have made great inroads, and I see lots of guys wearing those now.

Really, it comes down to what fits YOUR foot; I can't wear Footjoy or Nike because of the way the last is cut, but Eccos fit me perfectly. (Fwiw, Asics running shoes seem to have a similar last to Eccos, but I have no science or inside knowledge for that.) I ALWAYS walk, and years ago I had given up on wearing golf shoes; when I finished a round wearing FJ or Nike, I was crippled. I started getting New Balance cross trainers and waterproofing them; did that for several years until a friend finally convinced me pony up the money for a pair of Eccos. Within a couple of months, I was wearing nothing but Eccos, including street shoes to work and dress shoes to church.

I'll also mention this about Eccos, though it may be true for others brands as well. You can take a pair of Eccos out of the box and walk 18 holes and you'll feel like you're in the best broken-in pair of shoes you've ever had. And even at that, the Biom Hybrid 3 is something special; those I don't even want to take off when I get home. They're that good.

I plan to give G Fore a shot the next time I'm in the market. Most reviews are fairly positive and I like the fact they come in so many different color combos. Plus they just look classy.

Try to find somewhere to try them on if you can, although I know that's not necessarily easy. I bought a pair last year because I loved the look of them and saw a handful of tour players were rocking them as well, but I just didn't find them to be very comfortable. I tried to break them in and walk a couple rounds with them, but they are now strictly cart shoes. I was pretty bummed because I got the masters edition, which is white with green and gold trim like my Packers, but they now sit on a shelf in the garage and stare at me. :wave:

I have come to the conclusion that most every golf shoe sucks as compared to running shoes. I am tempted to just stop wearing golf shoes.

That’s what I thought, until I got a pair of Skechers. Ugly yes, but so comfortable.

Ping G400 Max 9* Tour75R
Taylormade M1 3HL
Callaway Apex 3 hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-P
Callaway MackDaddy 4 50& 56 W-grind
Scotty Cameron Newport original

This thread is no different than any other equipment thread; most responses are going to be about what the individual is using at that moment. We all want to feel good about how we've spent our bucks, and I'm no different.

And the truth is, there are a lot of good options these days. Lots of people rave about Adidas, about True, and there are people that are incredibly loyal to Footjoy. Skechers have made great inroads, and I see lots of guys wearing those now.

Really, it comes down to what fits YOUR foot; I can't wear Footjoy or Nike because of the way the last is cut, but Eccos fit me perfectly. (Fwiw, Asics running shoes seem to have a similar last to Eccos, but I have no science or inside knowledge for that.) I ALWAYS walk, and years ago I had given up on wearing golf shoes; when I finished a round wearing FJ or Nike, I was crippled. I started getting New Balance cross trainers and waterproofing them; did that for several years until a friend finally convinced me pony up the money for a pair of Eccos. Within a couple of months, I was wearing nothing but Eccos, including street shoes to work and dress shoes to church.

I'll also mention this about Eccos, though it may be true for others brands as well. You can take a pair of Eccos out of the box and walk 18 holes and you'll feel like you're in the best broken-in pair of shoes you've ever had. And even at that, the Biom Hybrid 3 is something special; those I don't even want to take off when I get home. They're that good.

... My playing pard absolutely loves his original Ecco Biom's and I bought a walking pair of Ecco's for the Mrs and she too loves them. So I found 2 pair on sale, but had to buy both to get the deal so I pulled the trigger as both pair were $50 less expensive than one pair at full retail. They gave me heel blisters the first time I walked a course in them. A few weeks later I tried the other pair in a cart and the same heel blisters showed up. Seems I need the higher heel of a sneaker type shoe so as comfortable as the Ecco's were right out of the box, they did not work on the course for me.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

Nike and Adidas are the best IMO. Footjoy Classics are always going to be classy but their athletic line looks like they're made for diabetic patients. Unless there classics no one under the age of 60 wears Footjoys around here.

New balance also has some nice stuff.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Nike Roshie. Lightweight, good support and traction

Only downside is they aren’t waterproof.

Auditioning drivers always
Taylormade Aeroburner TP HL 3 wood
Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 3 hybrid set at 20*
mizuno Fli Hi hybrid 5&6 irons
Mizuno JPX EZ 7-gw
Original Vokey Spin Milled 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Square Back Select

Ecco biom hybrid if it’s not really wet ( traction ). Uber comfortable and water proof way longer than any other real leather shoe I’ve heard of. Like they do not leak but aren’t rubber or hard plastic like most tru water proof shoes.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

If you have a narrow foot and don't mind the modern style, Nike Lunar Control Vapors, with the unique sole, is absolutely the best walking and performing spikeless golf shoe. I play 1-2 rounds a week and walk every round, and I have yet to find a better, more comfortable golf shoe.

Rogue ST LS
Rogue ST Max 15

UW 19

Epic 4H
New Level 902 OS 5-PW
SM5 48.10F, Raw Jaws 52.10S, 60.10 FT

LAB Link1

I have come to the conclusion that most every golf shoe sucks as compared to running shoes. I am tempted to just stop wearing golf shoes.

That's what I thought, until I got a pair of Skechers. Ugly yes, but so comfortable.

I have some skechers golf shoes. Good but not as good as their running shoes. I think it is impossible to make a golf shoe as comfortable as a good pair of running shoes.

They are getting to be harder to find since I think they discontinued them but the Nike Lunar Control Vapor 2 are amazing for me (but I've always found that Nikes in all kinds of shoes have just always fit my feet well).

What is so great about those for walking golf shoes is that they are SUPER light which is my biggest knock against a lot of golf shoes if walking. Also, the traction on their "spikeless" sole is amazing, I actually think that they grip and hold better than any spiked shoe that I have worn before.