2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

function 18

Has anyone ordered any golf apparel from Function 18? I was on the website earlier today and the prices look pretty good, I live in eastern US so this would be an international order, just wondering if anyone has any experience ordering from this site and what they thought. I am looking for a winter quilted golf jacket and this site has a good selection and low prices.

Thanks.

Yes; they are awesome. Order without hesitation, many of their prices are substantially better than you'll find here in the U.S.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

One order with them, went well. I've ordered from GolfPoser before, same type of setup. I just make sure I'm ordering enough for free shipping.

Function 18 shipped pretty quickly. Didn't get much in the way of order tracking but the stuff showed up before I would have expected it.

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5

I too have been interested in function 18.

The only thing that makes me nervous is the sizing of the clothing, being that it is a overseas based website.

Is there any issue in regards to size in problems with this website, or can I order a large in a shirt and expect it to be the same size as a U S. large?

I know that they have a size calculator for overseas versus U.S. shoes but didn't see the same for their clothing.

The only thing that makes me nervous is the sizing of the clothing, being that it is a overseas based website.

Is there any issue in regards to size in problems with this website, or can I order a large in a shirt and expect it to be the same size as a U S. large?

I know that they have a size calculator for overseas versus U.S. shoes but didn't see the same for their clothing.

Only difference in sizing that you should see is the difference between US and UK shoe sizing. All clothing sizing has been the same but, fyi, all my orders have been Nike so that’s a US brand, obviously.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5

Ordered from them a few times without any issue, they’re legit. Only thing - for some reason, they ship “signature required”. No biggie but cost me a trip to Fedex.

FWIW, trendygolf has US distribution which makes returns easier. Broader assortment than function18 but function18 maybe slightly cheaper.

I have used function 18 a few times and is always great service. I can't speak for the international shipping mind as I am in the UK, but no worries from them as a seller point of view.

WITB

Taylormade M2 driver 9.5 Fujikura Pro 60 stiff shaft
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood Fubuki Z-65 x5ct stiff shaft
Taylormade burner rescue 17 degree stiff shaft
Cobra Fly-Z Plus 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour Wedges 50, 54, 58, Dynamic Gold
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #1
Handicap 15.5

Home club https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk

can't speak for all brands but i bought some footjoy polos off of function 18 and found out that the uk sizes and us sizes are 2 different things

a uk xl is more like a us L

other than that the things i've ordered from there have been great and no problems and shipped pretty fast all things considered

Only difference in sizing that you should see is the difference between US and UK shoe sizing. All clothing sizing has been the same but, fyi, all my orders have been Nike so that’s a US brand, obviously.

can't speak for all brands but i bought some footjoy polos off of function 18 and found out that the uk sizes and us sizes are 2 different things

other than that the things i've ordered from there have been great and no problems and shipped pretty fast all things considered

When ordering from overseas...I routinely use function18, golfsupport, golfposer...you do have to keep in mind that most apparel companies do have different cuts and fits for Euro and USA. Euro sizing and cut is typically much smaller and more fitted/tailored/slimmer cut than USA based sizing. Example is FJ as the poster above stated. Euro fit is way slimmer, and honestly what I've found a lot of USA based customers wish it was over here...FootJoy here in the US is way too baggy/loose (and I sell FJ).

When ordering from a Euro site, best rule of thumb is to always know your own measurements, and compare that to the sizing chart for that apparel manufacturer on the Euro site. Don't blindly order the same size you wear here in America, even if it's the same manufacturer. I know FJ is different, Under Armour is slightly more fitted in Euro, Galvin Green sizing is about a full size smaller, Kjus is usually (and my experience supports) a full 2 sizes smaller than USA based sizing, etc.

Know your measurements and use the charts on the Euro websites and you'll be fine.

I'm ordering in the UK which makes a difference but I always found Function18 to be great. Best customer service when it comes to the golf shops online that I have used.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

When ordering from overseas...I routinely use function18, golfsupport, golfposer...you do have to keep in mind that most apparel companies do have different cuts and fits for Euro and USA. Euro sizing and cut is typically much smaller and more fitted/tailored/slimmer cut than USA based sizing. Example is FJ as the poster above stated. Euro fit is way slimmer, and honestly what I've found a lot of USA based customers wish it was over here...FootJoy here in the US is way too baggy/loose (and I sell FJ).

When ordering from a Euro site, best rule of thumb is to always know your own measurements, and compare that to the sizing chart for that apparel manufacturer on the Euro site. Don't blindly order the same size you wear here in America, even if it's the same manufacturer. I know FJ is different, Under Armour is slightly more fitted in Euro, Galvin Green sizing is about a full size smaller, Kjus is usually (and my experience supports) a full 2 sizes smaller than USA based sizing, etc.

Know your measurements and use the charts on the Euro websites and you'll be fine.

Fantastic advice..

Much appreciated

If you wear Medium Nike, then it’ll be large Kjus or Galvin Green. Anything specifically for the US Market will be a size bigger to make up for all those hot dogs you guys eat.

More or less, but does depend on the reference brand the person is coming from. I've actually found Kjus to be about a size and a half from most US based sizes, except FootJoy. FootJoy is stupidly large over here. I can wear a large comfortably in FootJoy's standard cut here (usually an XL in most...46-49" chest measurement depending on where I'm at in my training at any given time), but in Kjus, I'm a 3XL if I want a little extra room in the shoulders and upper arms to actually move during golf (can wear a Kjus XXL for non-golf activities). Just always make sure to know your own body measurements and go off of the manufacturer's size charts.

Fat a** Americans. Lol!

• 2 weeks later...

Another fan of Function 18 here.

I also order a fair bit of stuff from https://golfbase.co.uk whether via their website or eBay store. Obviously when a discount code is around the eBay store makes more sense.

Like others I generally prefer what's on offer in UK, both from a style and fit/size POV.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

• 1 year later...

I’ve ordered a few things and although they have all arrived they have made me nervous a few times. As expected it will take a little longer than normal but the shipping cost is substantially lower in my experience than other UK websites. There is pretty much no way to track your order or any kind of email updates either. Also a few times on the website my order status was marked “delivered” 2-3 days before it actually showed up at my house. However my stuff has always showed up so I can’t complain.