Best Golf Shoes for Walking

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of my mates were wearing Skechers, picked one up, nice and light, thought that will do me.

Maybe lasted 20 rounds, got a blow out in the right toe.

Send a photo and a note to the company, got a standardised corporate response, won't be buying again.

As one poster said, everyone is different, but the above is my poor experience with one brand. I've had Pumas, Adidas, Footjoys over the years without any trouble.

Best golfs shoes for comfort I have had are the Sketchers Go Golf 2. They also stay dry. Affordable too. I have never had golf shoes that feel as good, I never notice them during the round, feet never hurt. Prior to them, I couldn’t wait to get my golf shoes off after the round. Not these. But, I wish the styling was better. They have other Sketchers versions that look better but the fit wasn’t good for me. The white are the least ugly in the Go Golf 2 version.

I just bought the Puma Grip Fusion Sport on sale. They are comfortable to me and very light but I have not used them on the course yet.

Tried on the Ecco Bio Hybrid 3 GTX. They are very nice too. May have to try those as well.

... I always walk unless I am playing a mountain course or one with extreme distances between greens and tees. I have also had foot surgery so comfort is my #1 requirement and I have not found a more comfortable walking shoe than these FootJoys. I have 3 pair in reserve just in case they discontinue them, but these models have been around a long time, although under different names, so it looks like they aren't going anywhere. As already stated shoes are personal but if you like a sneaker style shoe these should be at the top of your "try them on" list.

https://www.footjoy....PD_BwE&start=15

What are thooose ?

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

... I always walk unless I am playing a mountain course or one with extreme distances between greens and tees. I have also had foot surgery so comfort is my #1 requirement and I have not found a more comfortable walking shoe than these FootJoys. I have 3 pair in reserve just in case they discontinue them, but these models have been around a long time, although under different names, so it looks like they aren't going anywhere. As already stated shoes are personal but if you like a sneaker style shoe these should be at the top of your "try them on" list.

What are thooose ?

:lol:

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

I really like the FootJoy Versaluxe. They have been discontinued, and If you can still find them, they will be at a good price.

I have and they are comfortable and waterproof. Great for those morning rounds with dew on the course. I wore them a couple days ago to walk 18. Footjoy fit me well and are comfortable. I've never found golf shoes that look like dress shoes to be comfortable.

I have been on this quest for a few years since I started playing at a course that is a very tough walk. I’ve tried the following:

- foot joy (dna 1.0 and helix, pro s/l)

- Ecco (biom 2.0)

- true linkwear (sensei)

- Nike (tw17, flyknit chukka, am90, lunar vapor 2, tour premiere, Jordan st, lunar Clayton)

- adidas (tour360 knit)

- puma (some older model sporty shoe)

I’m a size 13/14 depending on the shoe and have a fairly narrow foot. I prefer a more stable shoe for really hilly walks.

My top 3 are the tour premiere, the 360 knit, and the Jordan st.

My bottom 3 are the flyknit chukka (no support at all), the am90 (too wide for me and awkward height in the ankle makes rubbing an issue), and the lunar Clayton (just not comfortable at all, look great though!).

The vapors would be up there, but they just don’t look/fit right to me. The comfort is there and they have the best traction, but the upper is very wide and loose fitting on my foot.

All the others are good, but don’t quite maintain comfort all the way until the end. The FJ shoes especially are great for a flatter course and the helix might be my favorite looking shoe... good blend of classic and sporty.

WITB:

D - Titleist TSi2

3w - Titleist TSi2

3h - Titleist TSi2

4-9i - Titleist T100s

45*, 49*, 54*, 58* - Artisan Golf

P - Artisan Golf 0117

My Club is closed on Mondays but members can walk and play so I walked 18 a few weeks back in my FJ Pro SL and they felt pretty good. This was the 1st time I walked in years and inspired me to get a Clicgear 3.5 cart and commit to myself to start walking in 2019. I own about 18 pairs of shoes so I'll be experimenting with what I'll walk in but so far the Pro SL is the front runner.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Mizuno STZ- 230 22 Hybrid  ,LIN-Q Blue 

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Mizuno T24 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

I should have added, I currently wear the Nike Air Zoom 90s, size 14 and regular fit (or narrow?). They fit well but my feet get super hot in them.. Great for cold season but man in the summer its a not fun.

Really? I was just about to recommend these. The Air Zoom 90's are my favorite especially for the summer.

What socks do you wear? These are great with Stance or Nike runners-style socks.

I should have added, I currently wear the Nike Air Zoom 90s, size 14 and regular fit (or narrow?). They fit well but my feet get super hot in them.. Great for cold season but man in the summer its a not fun.

Really? I was just about to recommend these. The Air Zoom 90's are my favorite especially for the summer.

What socks do you wear? These are great with Stance or Nike runners-style socks.

They are actually pretty comfy but they are a bit bulky, IMO - Might be because of the larger foot. I've personally never walked a round in them, though.

They are actually pretty comfy but they are a bit bulky, IMO - Might be because of the larger foot. I've personally never walked a round in them, though.

Give them a try, you'll be glad you did. I rotated these with FJ SL's and were way more comfortable for walking. The SL weren't that great and the uppers are already done only after 6 rounds.

WHAT ARE THOSEEEEEE

jk

... You white belt wearing, brand name, flat brimmed slaves to current fashion conscious kids crack me up. THOSE are the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn and kinda remind me of the Adidas Superstars I wore playing basketball in college. They are athletic footwear for golfers that walk, not fashion statements. But now my feelings are hurt and maybe I will look at some stiff soled pointy toed, uncomfortable golf shoes so strangers on WRX don't think I have poor taste. :rofl:

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

... You white belt wearing, brand name, flat brimmed slaves to current fashion conscious kids crack me up. THOSE are the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn and kinda remind me of the Adidas Superstars I wore playing basketball in college. They are athletic footwear for golfers that walk, not fashion statements. But now my feelings are hurt and maybe I will look at some stiff soled pointy toed, uncomfortable golf shoes so strangers on WRX don't think I have poor taste. :rofl:

lol

you wear jean shorts dont you ??

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

For those that wear/worn Ecco's, do they fit true to size? OR - For anyone that wears Nike, which typically run smaller, what do you wear in Ecco's? Thanks!

My Ecco are European sized. So they don't align exactly with American sizes. I'm between a 10 and 10 1/2 and my one pair of Ecco in size 44 fits me great.

... Sure, with a tank top to show off my "No Regrats" tattoo.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

Make sure they are current year's styles or they'll still look down upon last year's styles. How gauche.

Find what fits your foot the best and look at upgrading the insole (superfeet, sofsole, Aline).

"Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition.  Awards become corroded; friends gather no dust." -- Jesse Owens

WITB 2024 Edition

• Woods: :cobra-small: LTDx [10.5*, :kbs: TD LE; :cobra-small: RadSpeed Tour [17.5*], :kbs: TD;
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: King Tec 2019 [21*], :kbs: TD PGI; :mizuno-small: Pro Fli Hi [4ui], :aerotech: Steelfiber HLS880;
  • Irons & Wedges: :KZG: CB-1 [5i - 9i], NovaTech BTR Lite; :mizuno-small: S23, :kbs: 610;
  • Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville One, :kbs: One Step, :garsen: Max;
  • Ball: :bridgestone-small:XS [22];
  • Notables: Best Grips MicroPerf; :cobra-small:-Vessel Tour stand bag; :ShotScope: Pro LX+ with H4; :Clicgear: 3.5+ with Alphard Club Booster V2

I only wear two kinds of shoes. Here's my .02

Ecco Biom G2 Pros & Cons

• Very comfortable
  • Great traction
  • Look very stylish (I have the black/gray and the white/gray)
  • Can't avoid blisters unless I wear band-aids on my heals (Had that issue with older Ecco Biom Hybrid as well)
  • Leather is very hard to keep clean no matter how often I spray repellent on them
  • Feet sweat heavily between my Kentwools and this leather for the shoe

FootJoy Pro S/L Pros & Cons:

• Same as Ecco's - very comfortable, very stylish, clean up easily
  • Only mild con - the insole wasn't as comfortable as I wanted. But, that was the 2018 model.
  • I bought the new 2019 model and the insole is noticeably softer. I can't wait to wear them this season. I bought the Red, White & Blue ones and will buy the black or grey when they are released in a few weeks.

For the record, I walk around 50 rounds a year so to me, comfort is the most important feature. For my feet, Puma's have never fit well. I've tried them all on, nothing feels right. The Nike Roshe G shoes felt like my feet were always going to slide to the inside of the shoe, plus they didn't feel really supportive.

Good luck.

DR: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 7S
5W: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 8S
3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder 8.8X
Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-20 MMC - KBS $ X
Wedges (50,54,58): Mizuno T20 Raw - KBS $ X
Putter: Seemore Nashville
Ball: 2021 Pro V1

I just switched from being a long term ECCO wearer to Truelinkswear Outsiders. They are very comfortable and dry as a bone

Add another True Outsiders fan. After using a pair in white all last season, I just picked up a black pair. They’re comfy right out of the box, give very good grip, and my feet have stayed completely dry in the recent rains.

But like others said, the thing that matters most is how shoes fit YOUR feet. Ecco are great shoes but just don’t my feet very well. Same with Adidas. Some FJ feel good while others are terrible for me. Biggest key is if it feels good when brand new - an ill fitting shoe isn’t likely to get more comfortable with use.

I look at it a bit differently. I play much better in a show with a heel, as opposed to a sneaker style. I first pick what suits my game, then choose comfort. With that said, like the tour boost 360 from adidas.

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

For those that wear/worn Ecco's, do they fit true to size? OR - For anyone that wears Nike, which typically run smaller, what do you wear in Ecco's? Thanks!

The euro size makes it a bit confusing. I wear a 13/14 in Nike and 47 in Ecco.

WITB:

D - Titleist TSi2

3w - Titleist TSi2

3h - Titleist TSi2

4-9i - Titleist T100s

45*, 49*, 54*, 58* - Artisan Golf

P - Artisan Golf 0117

I typically wear 11.5-12 depending on the shoe and wear a 45 in Ecco's, which they have listed as 11/11.5 US. They usually have a pretty roomy toe box, too.

I couldn't say anything bad about the FJ ProSLs. Still have a pair, great shoe that can be found on eBay for a decent bargain.

That said, I've switched over to Truelinkswear. The Originals will take any conditions you can throw at them and the knits are the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn (just can't get them wet). Love both of these shoes so much that I own two pairs of each.