GC asks "Is Jordan Spieth done?"

Jordan Speeth

He's not done, but to say his year in 2015 was not miraculous would be folly. And given his recent "yippy" struggles, and the absolute alarm they invoke(ending some great careers at times), it's not a stretch saying he's got serious hurdles to overcome to even sniff a year like 2015 again.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here this....... Once Jordy get his mental game in order he will be a monster again. It will also make him a deadly putter again... I fervently believe no one around him can fix his mental game but there is definitely a brain out there that can help him fix his.... I'd be willing to help him get his confidence back but I aint got his number

Can't figure how to like my own posts

He could have won the Masters last year, except he hit a terrible tee shot on 18. Which speaks to the fact that he hits some terrible tee shots for a major champion.

Let's say that the practice area at Royal Birkdale was out of bounds (which it most certainly will be the next time that Birkdale holds the tournament). If he can't take the drop over in the practice area, and has to play from 2 club lengths, or go back and re-tee, I don't think he wins - and Kuchar doesn't lose momentum.

He may be a good iron player, but his driving is suspect; hence my low expectation of more majors.

Oh come now. We can “what if OB were here “ , anyone into defeat.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Here this....... Once Jordy get his mental game in order he will be a monster again. It will also make him a deadly putter again... I fervently believe no one around him can fix his mental game but there is definitely a brain out there that can help him fix his.... I'd be willing to help him get his confidence back but I aint got his number

I think he thought his putting could get better and so he made some changes - big mistake. When he was putting well, he looked relaxed and without restriction. In other words, he putted and played like a kid.

I think there are plenty of other players that could be potentially be done winning majors before Jordan Spieth's name comes up.

DJ = 34 years old, 1 top 5 in a major (out of 7) since his lone win. For a guy that overpowers the game like he does (and consistently wins regular tour events) it's a bit of a head scratcher that he only has one major.

Jason Day = 31 years old, 1 top 5 (out of 12) since his lone win. Seemingly always sick or injured.

Bubba = 40 years old, missed the cut in 6 of his last 7 majors. (Still always feels like a threat at Augusta though)

Phil = Not a stretch to say that he's done.

Rory = Very erratic results. Looked like he might be on his way to 10 majors at one point but just totally stalled out.

I wouldn't hit the panic button on Spieth anytime soon.

I think he thought his putting could get better and so he made some changes - big mistake. When he was putting well, he looked relaxed and without restriction. In other words, he putted and played like a kid.

He used to look great and all that muttering to himself looked cute and an announcers dream but it took a wrong turn and went down the wrong rabbit hole....

The mind's wisdom is a double edged sword and it can swing back at yourself to cut your own head off but if you learn the right attitude to handle your own self judgement then you'll also be able to temper the worlds judgement much more easily... then you'll be king of the castle and hitting a little ball in a hole gets easy

Can't figure how to like my own posts

I think he is no longer YJS.

He's just Jordan Spieth now.

giphy.gif

http://goo.gl/images/FxyDNE

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Obviously, has lost focus and confidence. I have no idea what lies ahead for him, Majors are very hard to win but he might win another. As far as getting 30 wins, I doubt it, the tour is very deep. I would think that 20 - 25 wins would be a great career (always has been actually). Going over 30 wins will be achieved by very few, 80+ will take a Superman.

He could have won the Masters last year, except he hit a terrible tee shot on 18. Which speaks to the fact that he hits some terrible tee shots for a major champion.

Let's say that the practice area at Royal Birkdale was out of bounds (which it most certainly will be the next time that Birkdale holds the tournament). If he can't take the drop over in the practice area, and has to play from 2 club lengths, or go back and re-tee, I don't think he wins - and Kuchar doesn't lose momentum.

He may be a good iron player, but his driving is suspect; hence my low expectation of more majors.

What if Jack ate a bad hot dog before the final round in '86 and had to WD?

Oh, that would be a silly thing to even discuss.

Jack DID eat a bad hot dog before the final round in '86. He was able to experience a "full release" at the turn, which led to the 30 on the back nine.

He later said that he felt noticeably lighter and swung more freely, without any fear of sharting in his pants.

Jack DID eat a bad hot dog before the final round in '86. He was able to experience a "full release" at the turn, which led to the 30 on the back nine.

He later said that he felt noticeably lighter and swung more freely, without any fear of sharting in his pants.

LOL, shouldn't have used Jack because no matter what the answer would be he still wins!

Just another one of the hot young guns who caught fire and did great things for a year. It's pretty hard to get back to that level. For post Tiger examples, just see exhibit A Rory Mcilroy.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

You picked the wrong example. Jack was a much better athlete than Jordan, and a much better driver of the ball.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

These threads are funny, much like all of TW topics. The responders always fit into one of several categories.

A. Staunch supporters; where said player can do no wrong. Issues are non-issues no matter how apparent. "Fanboys" so to speak. They want "their" player to win so badly it blinds them to anything remotely close to reality. When threads like this arise they bang on the door like, "How dare you say such things, quit inciting a riot about my guy! Fake news!"

B. Absolute antagonists, "haters". A huge level of disdain and dislike for said player, where nothing pleases them more to see them lose. Typically have stats on their side in arguments to the contrary, purely due to unwritten future outcomes. Almost always speak in "absolutes" regarding a player being "done". Again, reality for these people seems to bend to their will. By merely making a claim, it would seem as if the historians are scribing their very predictions into the books as fact.

C. Reasonable fans, some of whom cheer for said player, and others who don't(but also refrain from cheering "against" them). These folks, for one reason or other, enjoy the entirety of the golfing field and/or other individual players as well, unaffected by said player. These fans don't speak in absolutes, except when serious factual/statistical certainty is presentable. These in this category are simply passing through threads like this, fully able to sleep at night without having to pen a wordy rebuttable against the latest "travesty" of a remark, just posted to the board.

I'm guilty of 'A' on occasion regarding Tiger, but lean in a Cward direction most times unless a member of team B starts spewing loathsome nonsense. It never fails, hot-button personalities' and players' topics always devolve into these same, back-and-forth sh** flinging threads. This will be one of them.

Edel Brick

I was watching Morning Drive this morning and the question at hand was, "is Jordan Spieth done?". Was his record breaking run a fluke, or all he's got in him? Personally, I don't think so. Please share your thoughts.

Your name is Jordan Speeth and you don’t know the answer or is this a rhetorical question?

These threads are funny, much like all of TW topics. The responders always fit into one of several categories.

A. Staunch supporters; where said player can do no wrong. Issues are non-issues no matter how apparent. "Fanboys" so to speak. They want "their" player to win so badly it blinds them to anything remotely close to reality. When threads like this arise they bang on the door like, "How dare you say such things, quit inciting a riot about my guy! Fake news!"

B. Absolute antagonists, "haters". A huge level of disdain and dislike for said player, where nothing pleases them more to see them lose. Typically have stats on their side in arguments to the contrary, purely due to unwritten future outcomes. Almost always speak in "absolutes" regarding a player being "done". Again, reality for these people seems to bend to their will. By merely making a claim, it would seem as if the historians are scribing their very predictions into the books as fact.

C. Reasonable fans, some of whom cheer for said player, and others who don't(but also refrain from cheering "against" them). These folks, for one reason or other, enjoy the entirety of the golfing field and/or other individual players as well, unaffected by said player. These fans don't speak in absolutes, except when serious factual/statistical certainty is presentable. These in this category are simply passing through threads like this, fully able to sleep at night without having to pen a wordy rebuttable against the latest "travesty" of a remark, just posted to the board.

I'm guilty of 'A' on occasion regarding Tiger, but lean in a Cward direction most times unless a member of team B starts spewing loathsome nonsense. It never fails, hot-button personalities' and players' topics always devolve into these same, back-and-forth sh** flinging threads. This will be one of them.

Thank you Captain Obvious?

Thank you Captain Obvious

I just wanted the forum public to know they've been categorized, and to now fall in line! I've been guilty of staying up late in heatedly replying to a topic. Lol

Edel Brick

Man, he's streaky. So when he's off, he's off. But when he's on, there are only a few who can keep up. I'll admit the run he went on in 2015 is stuff of legends and may not recur, but he'll win more majors and will be a force for another 15+ years. The kid has grit in big situations - something a lot of his competitors seem to lack.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

That is a clickbait GC topic. You can't do what JS has done out of a fluke.

Yes, yes you can. Happens in every sport, every walk of life. Guys come on hot at the right time and make it big. Then the competition figures you out or rises to your challenge or you flat flame out. It takes something extremely special to stay on top and dominate any sport or industry.

None of this is to say he is done, but it's hard to make say someone is done if that someone doesn't come out and say they are done.

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

Well played sir...

giphy.gif

According to "Golf, My Way", Jack used to carry a "roll" in his bag for food energy.

i always wondered what kind of roll he was referencing? A roll?

Was it one he grabbed off the lunch table?

Was it a Kaiser, Potato Roll, Pretzel, Sesame or Ciabatta?

Was it sliced?

Was it just "in a napkin" and jammed in his bag?

CADDIE: "Jack, what will it be - the 6 or the 7?"

JACK: "Gimme the roll."

Until he cuts the “we” stuff out, I don’t think he becomes a top 10 player in the world again. I get wanting to include your caddie, coaches, support system in your success, but come on. Professional golf is not team golf, time to be your own man when in between the ropes...that being said, I hope he figures it out