2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

CPO sent the wrong putter!

Mikey5e

Can't say I have ever had the wrong club shipped to me by CPO, maybe holiday additional staff?

For people buying used equipment, some seem to have some really high expectations....I'm just saying

If that is the case, CPO needs to tone down their descriptions. A like-new listing, which they state should be hard to tell the difference from an actually new club, should not have scratches and nicks in the crown. Every wood I have purchased from them over the past 3 years have come this way. One of them even had a dented face.

+1. The last time I ordered from them was in July. I bought a Toulon Madison that was just short of $300 and it was considered hard to differentiate from new. It had scuffs on the top line, dings in the neck, and deep scarring on the sole. I probably would have rated it 5 or 6 out of 10 and it isn't like I paid $100 for it. On top of all of that it came the wrong length, the wrong weight, the wrong grip and the wrong neck.

The purchase before that was a San Diego and it came without a sole weight.

Where is CPO located?

I think they are in Texas.

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Well finally the third attempt i received the correct putter thanks to CPO salesperson Jordan. Here's the long & short of it.CPO must have elf's working the shop this month because they are definitely asleep @ the shop. I ordered San Diego 34" standard loft/lie like new H1 hosel. Received it last week, putter was clearly bent i had my pro measure it 2° flat wtf, call CPO no problem they sent me another one i received 12/7/18. It's San Diego black from the custom shop with an H/9 long hosel no no no?.I make another call 12/10/18 received the correct San Diego standard lie/loft H1 hosel today. I think CPO has very good products they just need to make sure the quality control team stays on point.

I've tried to purchase a couple Toulons from Callaway Preowned and all of them have showed up in either the wrong condition, the wrong finish, or the wrong hosel. One came with the wrong finish, wrong condition, wrong weight, and wrong grip. The only thing right about it was the model.

They're great about returns but I've just gotten to the point that it's just not worth the hassle.

So we don't need to hear any more from you? I take that back, if you've had that many bad experiences from them you should be speaking up. I just bought my first item from them the day after XMas, and shipping is all wonky. Not sure to put that on them or UPS - it's been sitting in CLE since 12/29, but not delivered as of today 01/02? Doesn't even show "out for delivery" or anything. I blame it on UPS!

I used to buy a lot from them and recommended people buy from them because it seemed like from a condition standpoint you'd get at worst what it was listed as and most of them times the club would show up almost new. Now you're really lucky if you get the club you ordered and it's almost guaranteed that if you buy something that is listed as hard to differentiate from new you're definitely going to be disappointed when it shows up.

They're always great about returns and it's no questions asked but the hassle of constantly having to return clubs finally outweighed the benefit for me. Of the last 10 purchases I made from them they may have gotten two of them correct and I had to return six or seven of them for just being completely wrong.

My feelings exactly. From start to finish of my return process, it took 3 weeks, several phone calls, when it was their mistake. If it were my mistake, like change of mind, I'd still be waiting. Too many mistakes are occurring with this company.

Can't say I have ever had the wrong club shipped to me by CPO, maybe holiday additional staff?

For people buying used equipment, some seem to have some really high expectations....I'm just saying

If that is the case, CPO needs to tone down their descriptions. A like-new listing, which they state should be hard to tell the difference from an actually new club, should not have scratches and nicks in the crown. Every wood I have purchased from them over the past 3 years have come this way. One of them even had a dented face.

Well, mine finally came in today, and it was brand new in the original box, wrapped in a Callaway bag and included headcover. Only problem is the bag wasn't sealed on the bottom and the head shifted during shipping and got some scratches on the hosel from rubbing against the box. Face, sole, topline are brand spanking new. Headcover was just floating around the other end of the box. Hosel is "slightly scratched", but everything else is perfect. I was disappointed at first, but the more I think about it, it will show some wear in that area after some time in the bag, and it's not anything major or even noticeable from address.

Bigger question is why, if they are including a headcover on a "new" club, why ship without it attached? There was plenty of room in the box, I put the headcover on the putter and then put it back in the box and it fit just fine.

I'm sure I could call them and they'd send me a "perfect" one if they have any left, but I chalk it up to buying "Used" vs. going into Golf Galaxy and plunking down an extra 25-30% to get something I can see/inspect. I'll chalk this up as a great deal, but leaves a sour taste in my mouth for some reason. I would definitely use them again, and realize I got a great deal, so can't b**** too much about this one and demand my money back or a replacement. (It's gonna be near 50* this week in NE OH, so I want to take this out and roll it, not send it back :)!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Well, mine finally came in today, and it was brand new in the original box, wrapped in a Callaway bag and included headcover. Only problem is the bag wasn't sealed on the bottom and the head shifted during shipping and got some scratches on the hosel from rubbing against the box. Face, sole, topline are brand spanking new. Headcover was just floating around the other end of the box. Hosel is "slightly scratched", but everything else is perfect. I was disappointed at first, but the more I think about it, it will show some wear in that area after some time in the bag, and it's not anything major or even noticeable from address.

Bigger question is why, if they are including a headcover on a "new" club, why ship without it attached? There was plenty of room in the box, I put the headcover on the putter and then put it back in the box and it fit just fine.

I'm sure I could call them and they'd send me a "perfect" one if they have any left, but I chalk it up to buying "Used" vs. going into Golf Galaxy and plunking down an extra 25-30% to get something I can see/inspect. I'll chalk this up as a great deal, but leaves a sour taste in my mouth for some reason. I would definitely use them again, and realize I got a great deal, so can't b**** too much about this one and demand my money back or a replacement. (It's gonna be near 50* this week in NE OH, so I want to take this out and roll it, not send it back :)!

Cardboard isn't quite hard enough to scratch steel so I don't think the box caused the scratches but you're right, why not ship it with the head cover on?

Cardboard isn't quite hard enough to scratch steel so I don't think the box caused the scratches but you're right, why not ship it with the head cover on?

I got the slant neck 7S, and it was the neck that was rubbing back and forth against a rough edge of a cut-out in the box that the "fins" stick through. It was definitely the culprit, and the steel wasn't scratched, just some of the red finish scraped off in a few small spots. If it really bugs me after a few rounds I can probably find some touch-up paint or nail polish in a close enough color to cover it.

I get that sometimes with a driver there may not be room in the box to ship with headcover in place, but there clearly was with this, as that's the first thing I checked once I noticed the scratching. Probably would've been fine if it had stayed inside the bag it was shipped in, but like I said the bag was open on one end and slid down from bouncing around in shipping.

Anyway, just got done re-shafting and waiting on epoxy to cure so I can put a grip on and hopefully take it to the practice green and roll a few this afternoon!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

I got the slant neck 7S, and it was the neck that was rubbing back and forth against a rough edge of a cut-out in the box that the "fins" stick through. It was definitely the culprit, and the steel wasn't scratched, just some of the red finish scraped off in a few small spots. If it really bugs me after a few rounds I can probably find some touch-up paint or nail polish in a close enough color to cover it.

I get that sometimes with a driver there may not be room in the box to ship with headcover in place, but there clearly was with this, as that's the first thing I checked once I noticed the scratching. Probably would've been fine if it had stayed inside the bag it was shipped in, but like I said the bag was open on one end and slid down from bouncing around in shipping.

Anyway, just got done re-shafting and waiting on epoxy to cure so I can put a grip on and hopefully take it to the practice green and roll a few this afternoon!

That would chew through the paint. I misread and thought you were talking about a Toulon.

I usually buy bubble wrap bags that are 4" by 5" and put them on irons or putters I ship without head covers. They cost about 10 cents each so for a dime CPO wouldn't have had the problem with the putter they sent you. Or even better yet just put the head cover on it!