2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Best Golf Shoes for Walking

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that wear/worn Ecco's, do they fit true to size? OR - For anyone that wears Nike, which typically run smaller, what do you wear in Ecco's? Thanks!

I wear a 9 or 9.5 in most normal shoes. For ECCO's I have them in 41's, which is the 7.5-8.5. Same thing with FootJoy, I wear the 8.5.

DR: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 7S
5W: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 8S
3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder 8.8X
Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-20 MMC - KBS $ X
Wedges (50,54,58): Mizuno T20 Raw - KBS $ X
Putter: Seemore Nashville
Ball: 2021 Pro V1

A few of my mates were wearing Skechers, picked one up, nice and light, thought that will do me.

Maybe lasted 20 rounds, got a blow out in the right toe.

Send a photo and a note to the company, got a standardised corporate response, won't be buying again.

As one poster said, everyone is different, but the above is my poor experience with one brand. I've had Pumas, Adidas, Footjoys over the years without any trouble.

This is why I’ve stuck with Footjoy shoes over the years. They fit me well, are comfortable, and waterproof. In the past 25 years I had two separate issues and contacted Footjoy. Each time they said to return the shoes and both times they sent a replacement pair within two weeks. I’m loyal to a company with a good product and service.

I am considering trying out the ECCO's BIOM 3 Hybrid GTX in black/white - Any input?

Love mine. I have them in concrete/scarlet or however they describe grey/red.

Anyways, superbly comfortable. Never slip in them and very nice to walk in. I'm not sure what input you are looking for but I'd recommend these shoes to anyone.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

When I walk I like to wear a shoe that is light and flexible. I also have wide'ish feet and a high arch. The Ecco Biom Hybrid works perfectly for me. But I only wear them when walking because I'm not really a fan of their styling, and the yak leather gets dirty and creased up pretty quickly.

Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
TEE XCG7 15*
Srixon Z545 4-PW
Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
John Byron DaleHead 2

For those that wear/worn Ecco's, do they fit true to size? OR - For anyone that wears Nike, which typically run smaller, what do you wear in Ecco's? Thanks!

Nice thing about Ecco's is that their sizing is consistent across all their shoe styles. Go to a store and try them on and find your best fit, then you should be good to go.

I wear 8 1/2 Wide in most makers, the 42 in Euro sizing is what I get in any Ecco shoe and it fits. Golf, dress, casual, boots, sneakers.

Titleist 915D3 9.5
Titleist AP3
Vokey SM8 52/56/60
Odyssey O Works Red #7

I made the commitment to walking more often last season in Michigan. I bought a pair of Sketchers Go Golf Elite and boy am I glad I did. They are a great walking shoe; lightweight, comfortable, and waterproof. Keep an eye out on Amazon and eBay and you can usually find them at a steep discount. The one negative thing I have to say about them is I don’t feel like they look as good after a season as what my Footjoy Tours did after 1 season. Still functionally fine, but definitely look worn. I bought mine last year for around $50. At that price I’m happy to replace them annually.

Something to consider as someone looking to walk more often, the waterproofing is probably the most important thing. A lot of courses stay pretty wet through much of the season up in the north. It doesn’t matter how comfortable or perfect fitting a shoe is, if your socks are soaked by the 3rd hole you will not be comfortable through most of the round. My brother in law bought the Puma Ignites last year and loved them until we played our first early round in dew soaked grass. Tall wet rough soaked his feet in those water resistant shoes and he had to suffer through about 16 holes of swampy uncomfortable steps.

I made the commitment to walking more often last season in Michigan. I bought a pair of Sketchers Go Golf Elite and boy am I glad I did. They are a great walking shoe; lightweight, comfortable, and waterproof. Keep an eye out on Amazon and eBay and you can usually find them at a steep discount. The one negative thing I have to say about them is I don't feel like they look as good after a season as what my Footjoy Tours did after 1 season. Still functionally fine, but definitely look worn. I bought mine last year for around $50. At that price I'm happy to replace them annually.

Something to consider as someone looking to walk more often, the waterproofing is probably the most important thing. A lot of courses stay pretty wet through much of the season up in the north. It doesn't matter how comfortable or perfect fitting a shoe is, if your socks are soaked by the 3rd hole you will not be comfortable through most of the round. My brother in law bought the Puma Ignites last year and loved them until we played our first early round in dew soaked grass. Tall wet rough soaked his feet in those water resistant shoes and he had to suffer through about 16 holes of swampy uncomfortable steps.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've been keeping waterproofing in mind as I plan to try to get up and be the first one out on my nearby course(s). What area of Michigan?

So i just tried on a crap load of shoes of the past few weeks. The Sketchers Go Golf V3 were probably the most comfortable overall, but the looks are meh. Very "old man" style (sorry old timers!!). I even have a pair of the Go Golf Elite's that I wore all of 2018, so it's not a diss really, just observation.

For comfort with good looks, it's a toss up between the Adidas Tour 360 Boost or the Puma Ignite Pwradapt. My Nike LCV2 are very cushioned, but run fairly narrow. Anyone with a wide foot won't find them great for walking. Tour 360's have a lot more color options and the spike system looks a bit more robust. For now, these would be my go to shoe in 2019 (already have a pair of black, getting a pair of white, too).

So i just tried on a crap load of shoes of the past few weeks. The Sketchers Go Golf V3 were probably the most comfortable overall, but the looks are meh. Very "old man" style (sorry old timers!!). I even have a pair of the Go Golf Elite's that I wore all of 2018, so it's not a diss really, just observation.

For comfort with good looks, it's a toss up between the Adidas Tour 360 Boost or the Puma Ignite Pwradapt. My Nike LCV2 are very cushioned, but run fairly narrow. Anyone with a wide foot won't find them great for walking. Tour 360's have a lot more color options and the spike system looks a bit more robust. For now, these would be my go to shoe in 2019 (already have a pair of black, getting a pair of white, too).

The comments about Sketchers styling are largely true. I will say that my Sketchers garnered more comments this summer than any pair of shoes I’ve ever worn. Funny thing, the comments were always some form of, “Are those Sketchers? I heard those are the most comfortable golf shoes you can find.”

... No sorry necessary! The nice thing about being an old timer is ya just don't care about fashion because you have seen it come and go. Pants cuffs are IN! Then they are OUT! Then they are back IN! And I think right now they are OUT! Once you have been around awhile you realize what a scam fashion really is. I walk almost every round and shoe comfort is my #1 requirement, although I am not gonna wear shoes that look ugly to my eye but could not care less about what young people think of my shoes or my clothes. (FootJoy makes a velcro strap version of my shoe and I just cant go there LOL.)

... I was in my 20's and had a boat on the backwater outside Columbus Ga. I was an afternoon DJ and in summer it stayed light til after 10pm so I would head up to the lake after work and hang out on the water. There was this "old gtimer" that ran the gas station on the dock and filled up boat gas tanks. He was probably around my age now (65) and we all wore floppy thick white socks, white Addidas/Converse shoes, cut off jean shorts and tee shirts, usually with some rebellious late 60's hippie kinda print, while he wore these hideous black leather sandals with thin black elastic socks, madras shorts and a white tank top but he was just the coolest dude. We asked him why he wore such awful clothes and he had a good laugh and told us "because I don't give a sh!t what you kids are wearing. When I was your age what I am wearing was cool and when you are my age you will still be wearing what you think is cool now, but the kids will be wearing something different and asking you why you are wearing such awful clothes. Gas tank Yoda dude was a wise man.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

Fashion is all relative, kind of like telling a joke. You can wear (say) what ever you want, it's up to you if you care what anybody thinks.

I'm with ya on the sentiment... I just can't wear shoes that add 30 years to my age. lol.

They are the #1 comfort shoe no doubt, but the Tour 360 is very close but actually fits my age and personality. Maybe it was because I had the all black Go Golfs... My wife took one look and said "hmmmm you could wear those and be one of my patients!"

She works with mostly folks aged 65+. Yeah....

I have walked more rounds in FJ DryJoys than I can count (including one today). Have never had any problems with them whatsoever—can take a brand new pair right out of the box and walk 18 comfortably. They are stable in the swing, grip the ground well, are classically styled, and keep your feet dry when it is wet (as is often the case on golf courses). I have other golf shoes that I use for different occasions, but DryJoys are the staple of my shoe collection and I wear them most often.

I have very narrow feet. All the "comfort" in the world is no use to me if my heel slips. The only company that makes a true narrow width anymore is FootJoy. I recently spent a little time in Golf Galaxy trying everything, skechers. nike, ecco, adidas. Some of them did feel comfortable, but when I feel my heel slip I know that meams blisters. In FJ I have DNA Helixes, Contours, DryJoys, Icons. I'm especially fond of the fit with Boa closure, but they're all fine for walking.

I plan walking a lot more rounds in 2019. I was hoping to get some feedback on the best golf shoes for walking. I play throughout most the year in Michigan so I'm looking for some that are comfortable but can handle all conditions. Thanks!

The best answer is to put yourself down in a store and find a shoe that fits your feet comfortably.

For the last 2 years, I've bought Skechers top of the line and Ecco - Biom Hybrid 3 (now). At abiout $100, the Skechers offer great value with comfort. The new Ecco have great comfort and a nice spikeless wave pattern on the shoe. For extremely crap and cold weather, I have the Nike Boot that makes the shoe impervious to the wet. That's it for me. No more shoes for a while.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

New Balance NBG2004 is extremely comfy and comes in size E4.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

The euro size makes it a bit confusing. I wear a 13/14 in Nike and 47 in Ecco.

This is correct and what I would have said.

The most comfortable walking shoe is the TW13 followed by the TW14. I’ve tried nearly everything mentioned in this thread in the last 3 years and nothing touches those shoes for comfort, traction, and durability. If you can find them.

i prefer spikeless and have been walking in either adidas boost or adidas bounce. had previously been primarily using the boost but tried the bounce last week and i actually think those were more comfortable. but the boost arent waterproof.

i own a few pair of nike golf shoes, and just not a fan of them. the uppers are so rigid and firm. most of their golf shoes arent flexible enough.

ive got a pair of true linkswear originals and outsiders being delivered tomorrow so ill be interested in seeing how those work.

but for me. looking for something comfortable, stylish, spikeless, flexible, and waterproof.

i tried on a few different FJ spikeless models at the store and i just couldnt find the right size for my feet. 9.5 XW was so close to being perfect but it was just a little snug in the toe box, where 10 M and W were just a bit loose.