2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Miura MC 501 Blades - might be the best looking clubs ever

psgolf23

There here! These things are sweet, I can't wait to get them on the course. I will also try and get some comparison pics with the 718 AP2's they hopefully will be replacing.

They look sweet! Congrats!

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

There here! These things are sweet, I can't wait to get them on the course. I will also try and get some comparison pics with the 718 AP2's they hopefully will be replacing.

''

look so sick. Need to hear the comparison with AP2 for sure

My swing was garbage for my first round with the MC501’s (modus 105 stiff flex) nothing I can hold against the irons. Hit the range with them today and took the comparable AP2 (modus 125 stiff flex) with me as well, swing was much better. Quality of shots with both were comparable but that was where the similarities stopped. Feel of well struck shots was great with the 501’s, solid but pleasant. The Ap2’s were not bad on well struck shots but I didn’t feel they added any more “forgiveness” for me than the 501’s. Ap2 was hard for me to get comfortable with as the head of the irons just feels too heavy. I’m not sure if it’s the weight difference or the grind on the sole but I was much more comfortable going after the miura’s.

Taking the miura’s to streamsong on Saturday and I should be able to give a better review of the clubs after that.

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

I was hoping to read some more reviews on these - specifically from anyone who has played AP2s or JPX 900 Tours and how these compare. I recently switched to the new Miura wedges and like them a lot. The MC-501s look absolutely stunning!

if your looking i might be putting a basically brand new set on bst with oban ct115 s-

I was hoping to read some more reviews on these - specifically from anyone who has played AP2s or JPX 900 Tours and how these compare. I recently switched to the new Miura wedges and like them a lot. The MC-501s look absolutely stunning!

if your looking i might be putting a basically brand new set on bst with oban ct115 s-

Seriously? I'd be very interested.....

Cobra Darkspeed LS, Ventus TR Blue 6x

Ping G430 Max 15*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Ping G430 Max 21*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour, 4-P, PX LZ 5.5 blackout

Mizuno T24, 50*/56*/60*, KBS Hi Rev 2.0 blackout 

Evnroll ESR2 Black

Can someone post pictures of the bottom of these compared to another club. These look thick compared to other blades. Haven’t seen them in person just going off the internet

left to right

mc501, cb1008, baby blade, p770

IMG_20190105_195811-X2.jpg

Since it appears you have both can you compare the MC501 to the CB1008 in terms of any added forgiveness? I was torn between these two clubs and ended up getting a good deal on the MC501’s before I could try the CB1008.

Since it appears you have both can you compare the MC501 to the CB1008 in terms of any added forgiveness? I was torn between these two clubs and ended up getting a good deal on the MC501's before I could try the CB1008.

I don't know if I'd say the CB1008 are that much more forgiving. They do go higher with my swing but I hit everything too high IMO. The height is the most noticeable difference to me

I forgot to post my impressions of these clubs after my 2nd round with them that was at Streamsong Black. It was an extreamly windy day so there was a lot of clubbing up and down. I would say my only bad strikes were when I was into the wind and was pushed off balance in the backswing. I love the feel of these clubs, the crisp thwack you get at impact is fantastic on centered hits, off center hits still offer a dense feeling but is not overly punishing as some blades I have played. Turf interaction was great, never felt as if I couldn’t attack down onto the ball. I put the 4 iron back in play and hit two greens at 200 yards out with it. Playing again tomorrow so we will see how round 3 goes with them. Right now the only contender that I’m debating about trying is a set of epon 302’s, I hate being a club ho sometimes...

Been thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of these but had a question. A buddy of mine said that the Miura family has nothing to do with the manufacturing of these clubs any longer. Is this true? From all the videos and stuff I've seen I was led to believe they are still involved. Can someone with firsthand knowledge chime in?

Thanks!

Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black (90x)
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS Black $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM8 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS Black $ Taper 
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

Been thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of these but had a question. A buddy of mine said that the Miura family has nothing to do with the manufacturing of these clubs any longer. Is this true? From all the videos and stuff I've seen I was led to believe they are still involved. Can someone with firsthand knowledge chime in?

Thanks!

The little I know is that they are still deeply involved in the operation- but I am not expert just a golfer that has recently taken interest in Miura clubs.

Had my first round with these last week. They are awesome. Perfect at address and the feel is unlike anything I've hit. Very soft, yet firm. The long irons are pretty easy to hit. The thing I like the most is the distances. Exactly want you'd expect, no stupid fliers and you aren't killed for a bad strike.

Got the wedges too, and I like them a lot. So far so good.

Cobra Darkspeed LS, Ventus TR Blue 6x

Ping G430 Max 15*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Ping G430 Max 21*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour, 4-P, PX LZ 5.5 blackout

Mizuno T24, 50*/56*/60*, KBS Hi Rev 2.0 blackout 

Evnroll ESR2 Black

I built my set last night and everything went smoothly. Just have to turn down the ferrules this evening. I was thrilled that I only had to use one 2g tip weight to get my desired swing weights throughout the set. Unfortunately, its winter here in MI, so the only feedback that I can provide is hitting off a mat into a net in my garage. Regardless, I'll still share my thoughts from that. I have a range nearby with heated tees so hopefully I can get to that in the next week or so. Stupid winter.

Here is some feedback on the MC-501 irons just from hitting these in my garage over the last week. I've read numerous posts and articles about the feel of Miura irons. Well, I now get what everyone was saying. The whole "very soft yet very solid" thing is spot on and its hard to describe it any other way. These aren't the softest irons that I've ever hit but when you strike these on the money its a very addictive, pure feeling. Unfortunately, I can't really say much else about these other than how these feel off a mat. Michigan winter is in full force. I will say that I was very impressed with the longer irons though. I play a 3 iron and I can't get over how easy it is to hit. Man, if they only offered a 2-iron in this set! I won't be giving a full review on these until I get some range time and real rounds in. That more than likely wont be until March if I am lucky. But, so far so good and hopefully more positives to come.

• 1 month later...

Can someone post pictures of the bottom of these compared to another club. These look thick compared to other blades. Haven’t seen them in person just going off the internet

left to right

mc501, cb1008, baby blade, p770

IMG_20190105_195811-X2.jpg

I got fit into the MC501s this weekend (actually gained 2-3 mph ball speed vs my '16 TM TP MBs with the same shafts and lofts) but am going to stop at 4 iron. I hated the look of the new CB301 so I'm trying to find a 4 iron to blend in. I think I'm going to go with the P770 since the sole width and grind is what I like. This pic confirmed exactly what I was trying to remember about the TM soles.

I never thought I'd be a Miura guy, and mostly thought it was a bunch of hype but after the first swing with these irons I instantly knew what people were referring to when they talk about the feel. It's just...different than anything I'd ever hit.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

• 2 weeks later...

Is imitation the sincerest form of flattery?!

I agree imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but this was a rip off IMO.

I have played almost every Mizuno and Miura player’s set since the MP 33’s and the CB 201’s. If one actually stops to look closely, the 501’s are not remotely a rip off of any other club, especially the T Zoids. Also, the two sets of irons have very different missions. The T Zoid blades were brought out as a more forgiving blade compared to the MP 33s. They were for those who wanted to play a blade but who were willing to trade off some workability for a little more forgiveness and distance for slightly slower swing speeds. The 501s are slightly more forgiving than the more traditional Miura blade sets but they are more for golfers who now have trouble “getting it up” and hit thinner shots but who can still pretty much make center contact although with a little slower swing speeds.

To the other question someone asked, Miura-san and his sons are still designing and manufacturing the Miura club heads. Miura-san still hand ground all the knuckles in the K Grind wedges, especially the limited edition 64’s. Not certain that he is still personally hand grinding the newer 2.0 versions which have grabbier faces The new Miura management is more into marketing expertise and pushing the Miura family to also develop more forgiving iron sets for mid handicappers and increasing production volume on such sets.

Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 10.5  Velocore Red 6S 45" D3

Rogue ST MAX 3,5,7W Velocore  Red 7S 

Srixon ZX4-4, ZX5-5&6, ZX7 7-PW

MODUS 120 S +3/4, D3-D5

SM8 Raw 52 F-12, 56 V,  & 60 V

Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794), Pro V1x, Miura Alt bag: 4-PW CB57’s & K Grinds 52,56,60,64 or Fun Bag MP-33 5-PW 

Has anyone compared the MC501s head to head with the CB57? I love the 57s but these clubs are definitely on my radar.

[b]Driver[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 9*, Fuji Ventus Black 6X[/color]
[b]Fairway Wood: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 14*, Fuji Ventus Blue 7X[/color]
[b]Hybrid[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM Max 19*, Tensei Pro White 90S[/color]
[b]4-9 iron[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Miura CB57, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color] 
[b]PW, GW[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color]
[b]Sand, Lob[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, Dynamic Gold 120 S400 Tour Issue[/color]
[b]Putter[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Toulon Las Vegas, Stroke Lab[/color] 
[b]Ball[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX

Just got in my first rounds with my 501's. These are great irons. I'm coming from Srixon 945's which I absolutely loved. The 501's have slightly more offset which I'm not used to seeing yet but the irons feel great. I was using Steelfiber 125's and went with their new FC 115's to try in the 501's.

Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black (90x)
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS Black $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM8 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS Black $ Taper 
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

• 1 month later...