Cota0429 WITB

Good to see back on and still a solid bag as always. What do you have your eyes on?

Drivers I must try

M5/M6

Ping

PXG

Cobra

Possibly some newer irons lol

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Good to see back on and still a solid bag as always. What do you have your eyes on?

Drivers I must try

M5/M6

Ping

PXG

Cobra

Great job on the podcast brotha :superman:

Drivers on my radar : Ping G410 LST, Cobra F9, Cally Epic Flash SZ, and Mizuno ST 190G. TM not so much for me because i just don't buy the marketing. It's like they made a cool driver but then dialed it back to a normal driver. Where's the benefit? Any driver with a CT of 240-254 is great and you will notice zero difference. Plus it looks like the Cortex and Tommy Armour Atomic :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Drivers I must try

M5/M6

Ping

PXG

Cobra

Drivers on my radar : Ping G410 LST, Cobra F9, Cally Epic Flash SZ, and Mizuno ST 190G. TM not so much for me because i just don't buy the marketing. It's like they made a cool driver but then dialed it back to a normal driver. Where's the benefit? Any driver with a CT of 240-254 is great and you will notice zero difference. Plus it looks like the Cortex and Tommy Armour Atomic :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Had to add the Cobra into the list after you sent me a picture of the head lol. Forgot about the Cortex... or is it CotaX? Hmm lol

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Hey Cota..about how fast do you swing the driver?

Haven’t measured in a while. 112-113 is my guess. My back is 95% now and last year I was battling some weird injuries with it. Hoping to get the speed back up which it seems it has been because I’m starting to hit it just as far in 50*’weather as I did in 90* weather. I was 116-118 before and ball speeds 171-174. Kind of all over the place

001 TW Proto

Have you by chance tried the PX catalyst 100 in your UDI? I’m asking cause I’m stuck between the pro white 90/100 or the catalyst. At first I was going to go with the PW but I’ve been really worried that it might be too much shaft. Then I started to hear really good things about the catalyst line. So I’m not sure what to do at this point....

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Have you by chance tried the PX catalyst 100 in your UDI? I’m asking cause I’m stuck between the pro white 90/100 or the catalyst. At first I was going to go with the PW but I’ve been really worried that it might be too much shaft. Then I started to hear really good things about the catalyst line. So I’m not sure what to do at this point....

I have not. But I did recently have to replace the PW because it snapped at the hosel. They sent me a new replacement. The builder tipped it a 1/2 inch and what a big difference it made. I actually don’t like it as much now. I prefer it untipped. It’s ok during warmer weather but a little too stiff now during the winter. If you go PW just pay attention to tipping. It’s a totally different club now.

001 TW Proto

I have not. But I did recently have to replace the PW because it snapped at the hosel. They sent me a new replacement. The builder tipped it a 1/2 inch and what a big difference it made. I actually don’t like it as much now. I prefer it untipped. It’s ok during warmer weather but a little too stiff now during the winter. If you go PW just pay attention to tipping. It’s a totally different club now.

Good to know I’ll have to make sure that I pay attention to that. I saw yesterday that TM is now offering the PW 90 for the gapr at only a $50 upcharge. As much as I don’t really care for the looks of the gapr I think I might have to give it a shot

Drivers I must try

M5/M6

Ping

PXG

Cobra

Had to add the Cobra into the list after you sent me a picture of the head lol. Forgot about the Cortex... or is it CotaX? Hmm lol

I just added some pics to my WITB. I briefly hit it indoors and really like the look. The white would be my choice only because i'm not a fan of yellow.

Edel PROTO

Good to know I’ll have to make sure that I pay attention to that. I saw yesterday that TM is now offering the PW 90 for the gapr at only a $50 upcharge. As much as I don’t really care for the looks of the gapr I think I might have to give it a shot

TX version?

Drivers I must try

M5/M6

Ping

PXG

Cobra

I just added some pics to my WITB. I briefly hit it indoors and really like the look. The white would be my choice only because i'm not a fan of yellow.

Thanks checking it out now

001 TW Proto

• 3 weeks later...

TM is offering it in S and TX.

How did you get your 790 udi installed with the PW 100? Isn’t the UDI a taper vs. the PW being parallel? At least that’s what TM customer service told me when I called to see if I could get the 790 UDI custom ordered with the PW 90, instead of getting the gapr lo

How did you get your 790 udi installed with the PW 100? Isn’t the UDI a taper vs. the PW being parallel? At least that’s what TM customer service told me when I called to see if I could get the 790 UDI custom ordered with the PW 90, instead of getting the gapr lo

I got it professionally installed. They shimmy’d it and used a collard ferrule.

Been messing around with the older UDI. Might be switching soon

001 TW Proto

That’s what I thought. Which one? The tour preferred?

• 1 month later...

That’s what I thought. Which one? The tour preferred?

Tour preferred > 790 UDI

Hands down easier to hit. It’s staying

001 TW Proto

Well I had this for a while

330 grams

35 inches

D7 SW

Definitely one is the best putters I’ve felt at impact. But I took a few lessons from Potters Putting which I highly recommend. Dude knows his stuff. He wanted me to be a little closer to the ball. I found the way for me to do that and be comfortable is to drop back down to a 34 inch. So off to a new home and I have a few 34 inch putters coming soon. One is an old school 1990s putter and the other is a Ping

001 TW Proto

Spent some time at Artisan yesterday hitting some wedges and did a fitting with MT. Their forgings are almost in phase 1... humble brag but I got to hit the brand new prototypes fresh out of the build. There are going to be I believe 17 different grinds. Mike and I talked about my bag and being I still play the VR Pros I might drop down to a 3 wedge setup instead of 4 and add the 3 iron in the bag vs the gap I have between the 2 and 4 iron. So I am going to weaken my PW to 49* and them most likely go 54.5 and 58.5 on my wedges.

001 TW Proto

Spent some time at Artisan yesterday hitting some wedges and did a fitting with MT. Their forgings are almost in phase 1... humble brag but I got to hit the brand new prototypes fresh out of the build. There are going to be I believe 17 different grinds. Mike and I talked about my bag and being I still play the VR Pros I might drop down to a 3 wedge setup instead of 4 and add the 3 iron in the bag vs the gap I have between the 2 and 4 iron. So I am going to weaken my PW to 49* and them most likely go 54.5 and 58.5 on my wedges.

Soooo d**n cool man. What a treat.

Thanks it was! I interrupted a meeting when I arrived and they stopped what they were doing and just rolled out the red carpet for me. Really genuine guys that just love golf.

001 TW Proto

Thanks it was! I interrupted a meeting when I arrived and they stopped what they were doing and just rolled out the red carpet for me. Really genuine guys that just love golf.

I've heard nothing but great things about MT and can't wait to see what they roll out :superman:

Edel PROTO

Do you know if they plan on selling these or are the 17 grinds just there for testing during fittings? Hopefully I can choose one after looking at the sole and order it up.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I've heard nothing but great things about MT and can't wait to see what they roll out :superman:

Super genuine guy. The heads are more traditional and I think everyone would be happy would the selection when they come.

001 TW Proto

Do you know if they plan on selling these or are the 17 grinds just there for testing during fittings? Hopefully I can choose one after looking at the sole and order it up.

It’s basically like a fitting cart, like the toolbox cart from the Oven days. He will have something to work off of for everyone. Phase 1 is hopefully coming soon. The ones I hit are going to be used for fitting. Next batch hopefully is what he’s looking for.

001 TW Proto

Posted these on my IG but here is a 56 he made me. My SM7 which I love is worn down. I’ve been trying to hold off for the new forgings but needed something now. I wanted to see if honestly it was worth having a 56 that is custom vs SM7 which I’m very happy with. I have the M grind.

MT fit me into this TW grind with a beveled edge. I play a lot of tight Bermuda that can sometimes be soft and tight. I’m more old school and have a solid short game especially with my wedges. I play all different shots with my 56. Rarely even play anything with my 60. Just has my signature on there. 55.9 is just because if I wanted to be that exact with my loft, they can do it. So it was more of just because if I requested 55.9 they can do that for me lol

001 TW Proto

001 TW Proto

It’s basically like a fitting cart, like the toolbox cart from the Oven days. He will have something to work off of for everyone. Phase 1 is hopefully coming soon. The ones I hit are going to be used for fitting. Next batch hopefully is what he’s looking for.

Sorry for all the questions, so without an in person fitting I will not be able to order a wedge is your understanding?

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Its basically like a fitting cart, like the toolbox cart from the Oven days. He will have something to work off of for everyone. Phase 1 is hopefully coming soon. The ones I hit are going to be used for fitting. Next batch hopefully is what hes looking for.

Sorry for all the questions, so without an in person fitting I will not be able to order a wedge is your understanding?

All good. Let me find out.

001 TW Proto

Artisan will communicate via email and fit their customers that can’t make it to facility that way. So you don’t have to be there to order anything. MT says he has done many tour fittings for players via the phone.

001 TW Proto