Justin Thomas Wins Best-Mannered Award

Holy Moses

I saw him give his glove to a young fan after leaving the range today. Nice gesture, but if you want to win best-mannered, you should be best-mannered all the time.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fortunate enough to spend a few hours with Justin and his girlfriend in a small group setting a couple years ago.

My take on him is that he’s actually a VERY shy kid and doesn’t have the likeabilty factor that some guys have on tour. That being said, he was kind, considerate and seemed very down to earth.

Seems like a good dude. Drops the f-bomb on occasion but I’m a much worse offender in that department anyways. I like him and his game.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Um...yeah....NO

Watched him not speak with his pro am group for 8 holes while chatting with a reporter. The AM’s were right pissed...eventually one of the AM’s had a “word” with JT over his behavior. At 25k to get into that I’d have been pissed too.

Was not impressed with JT’s behavior.

LOLOLOLOL!!! Me and my super rich entitled friends paid 25 large to play in this damn thing! Get your pathetic skinny Word not allowed over here and cater to us you stupid plebeian nouveau riche ball hitting swine!!

Let's post nominees for the worst behaved player on Tour.

I like Sabattinni for the win.

Who's yours?

Tiger or Brad Faxon.

Brad Faxon? I would not have guessed that.

He threw his golf bag down a hill and hit an older lady during a tournament.

Damn I wish there was video. The visual of this on my mind is funny. Hope she was OK.

Always been a JT fan but his recent podcast with the Barstool guys made me an even bigger fan.

Ping G400 - 8.5 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV X-Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash - 3W - Fujikura 757 TR 

Callaway Epic Flash - 5W - HZRDUS Smoke 

Mizuno MP20 - 4-7 MMC, 8-P MB - Project X LZ

Vokey SM6 - 52/56/60 - DG S200

Evnroll - ER5 

Who's yours?

Tiger or Brad Faxon.

Damn I wish there was video. The visual of this on my mind is funny. Hope she was OK.

?I just watched Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore where he gets into a huge brawl w Bob Barker and couldn’t stop laughing.

Um...yeah....NO

Watched him not speak with his pro am group for 8 holes while chatting with a reporter. The AM’s were right pissed...eventually one of the AM’s had a “word” with JT over his behavior. At 25k to get into that I’d have been pissed too.

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience in a clinic that I got invited to by Citibank and featuring JT. As I said in an earlier post, he’s painfully shy but went out of his way to interact with people who were part of the clinic. Answered any and all questions, sat with us at lunch, and when he played a couple holes with us, was funny and engaging.

Best part of the day was they had a “beat the pro” par 3 hole and JT goes first. 180 yards out and he put it about 20 feet from the hole. I’m up and hit a relatively crappy shot that somehow winds up 10 feet from the hole. He cracks up, gives me a high five and says “now you can tell all your friends you beat me”?

Lifetime memory for me.

Um...yeah....NO

Watched him not speak with his pro am group for 8 holes while chatting with a reporter. The AMs were right pissed...eventually one of the AMs had a word with JT over his behavior. At 25k to get into that Id have been pissed too.

Was not impressed with JTs behavior.

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience in a clinic that I got invited to by Citibank and featuring JT. As I said in an earlier post, hes painfully shy but went out of his way to interact with people who were part of the clinic. Answered any and all questions, sat with us at lunch, and when he played a couple holes with us, was funny and engaging.

Best part of the day was they had a beat the pro par 3 hole and JT goes first. 180 yards out and he put it about 20 feet from the hole. Im up and hit a relatively crappy shot that somehow winds up 10 feet from the hole. He cracks up, gives me a high five and says now you can tell all your friends you beat me

Lifetime memory for me.

Awesome! How'd you get invited to that, if you don't mind me asking?

Ping G400 - 8.5 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV X-Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash - 3W - Fujikura 757 TR 

Callaway Epic Flash - 5W - HZRDUS Smoke 

Mizuno MP20 - 4-7 MMC, 8-P MB - Project X LZ

Vokey SM6 - 52/56/60 - DG S200

Evnroll - ER5 

Who's yours?

At pebble beach it's okay to abuse elderly ladies and some find it funny , Not me , never thought of Faxon like that interesting

Tiger or Brad Faxon.

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Would have given it to Tommy Fleetwood. He's very nice and gracious with any fans. Sits around while non stop people take photos with and ask for signatures. Always nice and never seemed annoyed. Sergio I saw take a few but started to get impatient lol. But he was also nicer than I thought.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

Justin Thomas is not photogenic enough to win any awards that bring about public attention. Camera and mirrors are not his friend.

Made me think of the saying that if you have nothing nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Um...yeah....NO

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience in a clinic that I got invited to by Citibank and featuring JT. As I said in an earlier post, he’s painfully shy but went out of his way to interact with people who were part of the clinic. Answered any and all questions, sat with us at lunch, and when he played a couple holes with us, was funny and engaging.

Best part of the day was they had a “beat the pro” par 3 hole and JT goes first. 180 yards out and he put it about 20 feet from the hole. I’m up and hit a relatively crappy shot that somehow winds up 10 feet from the hole. He cracks up, gives me a high five and says “now you can tell all your friends you beat me”

Lifetime memory for me.

Invited through a friend who was invited by Citibank Private Clients...aka free!

What? Cersei not on the list?

BriefGaseousGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

"A Lannister always pays their debts..."

I think the walk of shame was kind of a give back to the feudal community.

Michael Corleone, "I wiped out my all of my enemies"

Cersei, <snorts between sips of wine>

Really liking the new avatar...Floki is a GREAT character!

Ya, Floki! I started watching Vikings just a few weeks ago and have binged like all 5 seasons, lol.

EXom.gif

Um...yeah....NO

Watched him not speak with his pro am group for 8 holes while chatting with a reporter. The AM's were right pissed...eventually one of the AM's had a "word" with JT over his behavior. At 25k to get into that I'd have been pissed too.

Was not impressed with JT's behavior.

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience in a clinic that I got invited to by Citibank and featuring JT. As I said in an earlier post, he's painfully shy but went out of his way to interact with people who were part of the clinic. Answered any and all questions, sat with us at lunch, and when he played a couple holes with us, was funny and engaging.

Best part of the day was they had a "beat the pro" par 3 hole and JT goes first. 180 yards out and he put it about 20 feet from the hole. I'm up and hit a relatively crappy shot that somehow winds up 10 feet from the hole. He cracks up, gives me a high five and says "now you can tell all your friends you beat me"

Lifetime memory for me.

Invited through a friend who was invited by Citibank Private Clients...aka free!

So JT was being paid some big bucks to be nice. As far as the award goes, some of these have some commercial tie in....maybe there's more....

I’m new here, so my apologies upfront if this comes out wrong. Our son had the opportunity to meet and play with JT for one hole during the pro-am at the past cimb Classic in Kuala Lumpur. It wasn’t planned (at least not on our part) and he had a time of his life having JT caddied for him. Very very cool. Our son (star strucked if you had seen the recording) told us later that they talked plenty, and he really enjoyed just chatting. Amazing experience for our son. He now wears the Crimson tide hat for golf and they keep in touch every now and then.

Old Tom Morris once said “get in the bloody hole”

I’ll see myself out

-Chris

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

I'm new here, so my apologies upfront if this comes out wrong. Our son had the opportunity to meet and play with JT for one hole during the pro-am at the past cimb Classic in Kuala Lumpur. It wasn't planned (at least not on our part) and he had a time of his life having JT caddied for him. Very very cool. Our son (star strucked if you had seen the recording) told us later that they talked plenty, and he really enjoyed just chatting. Amazing experience for our son. He now wears the Crimson tide hat for golf and they keep in touch every now and then.

mLG78lONbBgKnycXwpBAM5Q.jpg

Old Tom Morris once said “get in the bloody hole”

I’ll see myself out

-Chris

Holes were bloody back then?

I suppose I should see myself out, as well.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Who's yours?

Tiger or Brad Faxon.

The lady or the bag?

Um...yeah....NO

Watched him not speak with his pro am group for 8 holes while chatting with a reporter. The AM's were right pissed...eventually one of the AM's had a "word" with JT over his behavior. At 25k to get into that I'd have been pissed too.

Was not impressed with JT's behavior.

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience in a clinic that I got invited to by Citibank and featuring JT. As I said in an earlier post, he's painfully shy but went out of his way to interact with people who were part of the clinic. Answered any and all questions, sat with us at lunch, and when he played a couple holes with us, was funny and engaging.

Best part of the day was they had a "beat the pro" par 3 hole and JT goes first. 180 yards out and he put it about 20 feet from the hole. I'm up and hit a relatively crappy shot that somehow winds up 10 feet from the hole. He cracks up, gives me a high five and says "now you can tell all your friends you beat me"

Lifetime memory for me.

So JT was being paid some big bucks to be nice. As far as the award goes, some of these have some commercial tie in....maybe there's more....

Nah. Was paid to show up. He had an option to be nice or otherwise. He was very nice.

Um...yeah....NO

LOLOLOLOL!!! Me and my super rich entitled friends paid 25 large to play in this damn thing! Get your pathetic skinny Word not allowed over here and cater to us you stupid plebeian nouveau riche ball hitting swine!!

While I applaud the wordsmithing it doesn’t change the behavior to those that ensure he can make millions whacking a little white ball around. You should also know I didn’t pay, I just happened to be walking with the group volunteering.

In all my days i’ve Never seen a pro act like that around an AM group. Stenson, Tiger, Bubba, Dustin....all were gentleman, engaging and active in their groups the pass years during this particular tournament ..... JT took the cake for futility...Just more into himself.

Listen I know they all have bad days but you need to put on the face when the time comes and be a big boy.

BOY DIDNT YOUR ASSUMPTION MAKE AN ......Well you get the point

Titleist 917 D3 8.5º Diamana Blueboard X
Titleist 917 F2 13.5º A1 +D 82g X
Titleist 913h 21º A1 +D 92g X
Titleist 716 AP2 C-Tapers X
Odyssey 1W
Vokey SM6 50º,54º,58º

• 2 weeks later...

Um...yeah....NO

problem with that is Thomas makes more money so can't be too impressed with 25k anything..that's on you the payee..enjoy watching a pro up close...doesn't need to ask you about your grand kids or your mother in law that you don't like. still odd award for him. he is not well mannered

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B