We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Justin Thomas Wins Best-Mannered Award

Comments

• Swisstrader98Swisstrader98  3602Members Posts: 3,602
    I was fortunate enough to spend a few hours with Justin and his girlfriend in a small group setting a couple years ago.

My take on him is that he’s actually a VERY shy kid and doesn’t have the likeabilty factor that some guys have on tour. That being said, he was kind, considerate and seemed very down to earth.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CA 5868Members Posts: 5,868
    Seems like a good dude. Drops the f-bomb on occasion but I’m a much worse offender in that department anyways. I like him and his game.
    Posted:
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OH 7258Members Posts: 7,258
    krayzejava wrote:

Um...yeah....NO

Watched him not speak with his pro am group for 8 holes while chatting with a reporter. The AM’s were right pissed...eventually one of the AM’s had a “word” with JT over his behavior. At 25k to get into that I’d have been pissed too.

Was not impressed with JT’s behavior.

LOLOLOLOL!!! Me and my super rich entitled friends paid 25 large to play in this **** thing! Get your pathetic skinny a$$ over here and cater to us you stupid plebeian nouveau riche ball hitting swine!!
    Posted:
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5  5609Members Posts: 5,609

ea19 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

Let's post nominees for the worst behaved player on Tour.

I like Sabattinni for the win.

Who's yours?

Tiger or Brad Faxon.

Brad Faxon? I would not have guessed that.

He threw his golf bag down a hill and hit an older lady during a tournament.

**** I wish there was video. The visual of this on my mind is funny. Hope she was OK.
    Posted:
  • Dr. BlockDr. Block  631Members Posts: 631
    Justin Thomas has had a few growing up moments In the plugged in world; it can’t be easy existing under that kind of scrutiny. At least he chooses some classy duds.
    Posted:
  • TheMarvelousOneTheMarvelousOne Not droppin' out, I'm moving on...  102ClubWRX Posts: 102
    Always been a JT fan but his recent podcast with the Barstool guys made me an even bigger fan.
    Posted:

PING G400 LST 9.5* - Fujikara Speeder 757 Evo IV
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0
    Mizuno MP-33 - 2-PW - DG S300
    Vokey SM6 - Jet Black - 52*, 56*, 60*
    Custom SC Newport TeI3

Advertisement

ea19 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

Who's yours?

Tiger or Brad Faxon.

**** I wish there was video. The visual of this on my mind is funny. Hope she was OK.

😂I just watched Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore where he gets into a huge brawl w Bob Barker and couldn’t stop laughing.
    Posted:
    krayzejava wrote:

Um...yeah....NO

Watched him not speak with his pro am group for 8 holes while chatting with a reporter. The AM’s were right pissed...eventually one of the AM’s had a “word” with JT over his behavior. At 25k to get into that I’d have been pissed too.

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience in a clinic that I got invited to by Citibank and featuring JT. As I said in an earlier post, he’s painfully shy but went out of his way to interact with people who were part of the clinic. Answered any and all questions, sat with us at lunch, and when he played a couple holes with us, was funny and engaging.

Best part of the day was they had a “beat the pro” par 3 hole and JT goes first. 180 yards out and he put it about 20 feet from the hole. I’m up and hit a relatively crappy shot that somehow winds up 10 feet from the hole. He cracks up, gives me a high five and says “now you can tell all your friends you beat me”😂

Lifetime memory for me.

Posted:
  • TheMarvelousOneTheMarvelousOne Not droppin' out, I'm moving on...  102ClubWRX Posts: 102
    krayzejava wrote:

Um...yeah....NO

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience in a clinic that I got invited to by Citibank and featuring JT. As I said in an earlier post, he’s painfully shy but went out of his way to interact with people who were part of the clinic. Answered any and all questions, sat with us at lunch, and when he played a couple holes with us, was funny and engaging.

Best part of the day was they had a “beat the pro” par 3 hole and JT goes first. 180 yards out and he put it about 20 feet from the hole. I’m up and hit a relatively crappy shot that somehow winds up 10 feet from the hole. He cracks up, gives me a high five and says “now you can tell all your friends you beat me”�

Lifetime memory for me.
    Awesome! How'd you get invited to that, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted:

PING G400 LST 9.5* - Fujikara Speeder 757 Evo IV
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0
    Mizuno MP-33 - 2-PW - DG S300
    Vokey SM6 - Jet Black - 52*, 56*, 60*
    Custom SC Newport TeI3

• tdk8180tdk8180  2416Members Posts: 2,416
    Justin Thomas is not photogenic enough to win any awards that bring about public attention. Camera and mirrors are not his friend.
    Posted:
  • tyorke1tyorke1  2266Members Posts: 2,266

ea19 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

Who's yours?

At pebble beach it's okay to abuse elderly ladies and some find it funny , Not me , never thought of Faxon like that interesting

Tiger or Brad Faxon.

Posted:
    m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s ,
    m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x ,
    818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
    taylor p790 17 degree
    titleist ap3 
    vokey 52--56--60
    taylormade spider tour dj version
    epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Advertisement
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation  1292Members Posts: 1,292
    Would have given it to Tommy Fleetwood. He's very nice and gracious with any fans. Sits around while non stop people take photos with and ask for signatures. Always nice and never seemed annoyed. Sergio I saw take a few but started to get impatient lol. But he was also nicer than I thought.
    Posted:
    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984  5516Members Posts: 5,516
    tdk8180 wrote:

Justin Thomas is not photogenic enough to win any awards that bring about public attention. Camera and mirrors are not his friend.

Made me think of the saying that if you have nothing nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019

krayzejava wrote:

Um...yeah....NO

Best part of the day was they had a “beat the pro” par 3 hole and JT goes first. 180 yards out and he put it about 20 feet from the hole. I’m up and hit a relatively crappy shot that somehow winds up 10 feet from the hole. He cracks up, gives me a high five and says “now you can tell all your friends you beat me”�

Lifetime memory for me.

Invited through a friend who was invited by Citibank Private Clients...aka free!
    Posted:
  • jonsnowjonsnow Georgia 1369Members Posts: 1,369
    bscinstnct wrote:

jonsnow wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

What? Cersei not on the list?

BriefGaseousGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

"A Lannister always pays their debts..."

I think the walk of shame was kind of a give back to the feudal community.

Michael Corleone, "I wiped out my all of my enemies"

Cersei, <snorts between sips of wine>

Really liking the new avatar...Floki is a GREAT character!
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Ping G410 Plus 9
    Ping G400 14.5
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct  27653Members Posts: 27,653
    jonsnow wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

jonsnow wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

What? Cersei not on the list?

BriefGaseousGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

"A Lannister always pays their debts..."

I think the walk of shame was kind of a give back to the feudal community.

Michael Corleone, "I wiped out my all of my enemies"

Cersei, <snorts between sips of wine>

Really liking the new avatar...Floki is a GREAT character!

Ya, Floki! I started watching Vikings just a few weeks ago and have binged like all 5 seasons, lol.

EXom.gif
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • mocokidmocokid  2029Members Posts: 2,029

krayzejava wrote:

Um...yeah....NO

Watched him not speak with his pro am group for 8 holes while chatting with a reporter. The AM's were right pissed...eventually one of the AM's had a "word" with JT over his behavior. At 25k to get into that I'd have been pissed too.

Was not impressed with JT's behavior.

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience in a clinic that I got invited to by Citibank and featuring JT. As I said in an earlier post, he's painfully shy but went out of his way to interact with people who were part of the clinic. Answered any and all questions, sat with us at lunch, and when he played a couple holes with us, was funny and engaging.

Best part of the day was they had a "beat the pro" par 3 hole and JT goes first. 180 yards out and he put it about 20 feet from the hole. I'm up and hit a relatively crappy shot that somehow winds up 10 feet from the hole. He cracks up, gives me a high five and says "now you can tell all your friends you beat me"&#4322818;

Lifetime memory for me.

Invited through a friend who was invited by Citibank Private Clients...aka free!

So JT was being paid some big bucks to be nice. As far as the award goes, some of these have some commercial tie in....maybe there's more....
    Posted:
  • JaykhalidJaykhalid  2Members Posts: 2
    I’m new here, so my apologies upfront if this comes out wrong. Our son had the opportunity to meet and play with JT for one hole during the pro-am at the past cimb Classic in Kuala Lumpur. It wasn’t planned (at least not on our part) and he had a time of his life having JT caddied for him. Very very cool. Our son (star strucked if you had seen the recording) told us later that they talked plenty, and he really enjoyed just chatting. Amazing experience for our son. He now wears the Crimson tide hat for golf and they keep in touch every now and then.
    Posted:
  • ChristosteroneChristosterone Reverse C  1542ClubWRX Posts: 1,542
    Old Tom Morris once said “get in the bloody hole”

I’ll see myself out

-Chris
    Posted:
    Sixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
    Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
    dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct  27653Members Posts: 27,653
    They spelled

Cryin A$$ Baby Award

Wrong.

Lol, kidding.

JT has, for the most part, stopped his whiny guy routine.
    Posted:
  • tideridertiderider  2477Members Posts: 2,477
    Jaykhalid wrote:

I'm new here, so my apologies upfront if this comes out wrong. Our son had the opportunity to meet and play with JT for one hole during the pro-am at the past cimb Classic in Kuala Lumpur. It wasn't planned (at least not on our part) and he had a time of his life having JT caddied for him. Very very cool. Our son (star strucked if you had seen the recording) told us later that they talked plenty, and he really enjoyed just chatting. Amazing experience for our son. He now wears the Crimson tide hat for golf and they keep in touch every now and then.

mLG78lONbBgKnycXwpBAM5Q.jpg
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • tdk8180tdk8180  2416Members Posts: 2,416
    MattyO1984 wrote:

tdk8180 wrote:

Made me think of the saying that if you have nothing nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all.

This aint Bambi....its WRX, where the greens are slick and the rough is deep.

Lol
    Posted:
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CA 5868Members Posts: 5,868

Old Tom Morris once said “get in the bloody hole”

I’ll see myself out

-Chris

Holes were bloody back then?

I suppose I should see myself out, as well.
    Posted:
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NC 3940Members Posts: 3,940

ea19 wrote:

sdandrea wrote:

Who's yours?

Tiger or Brad Faxon.

The lady or the bag?
    Posted:
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
    mocokid wrote:

krayzejava wrote:

Um...yeah....NO

Watched him not speak with his pro am group for 8 holes while chatting with a reporter. The AM's were right pissed...eventually one of the AM's had a "word" with JT over his behavior. At 25k to get into that I'd have been pissed too.

Was not impressed with JT's behavior.

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience in a clinic that I got invited to by Citibank and featuring JT. As I said in an earlier post, he's painfully shy but went out of his way to interact with people who were part of the clinic. Answered any and all questions, sat with us at lunch, and when he played a couple holes with us, was funny and engaging.

Best part of the day was they had a "beat the pro" par 3 hole and JT goes first. 180 yards out and he put it about 20 feet from the hole. I'm up and hit a relatively crappy shot that somehow winds up 10 feet from the hole. He cracks up, gives me a high five and says "now you can tell all your friends you beat me"&#4322818;

Lifetime memory for me.

So JT was being paid some big bucks to be nice. As far as the award goes, some of these have some commercial tie in....maybe there's more....

Nah. Was paid to show up. He had an option to be nice or otherwise. He was very nice.
    Posted:
  • krayzejavakrayzejava  162Members Posts: 162

krayzejava wrote:

Um...yeah....NO

LOLOLOLOL!!! Me and my super rich entitled friends paid 25 large to play in this **** thing! Get your pathetic skinny a$$ over here and cater to us you stupid plebeian nouveau riche ball hitting swine!!

While I applaud the wordsmithing it doesn’t change the behavior to those that ensure he can make millions whacking a little white ball around. You should also know I didn’t pay, I just happened to be walking with the group volunteering.

In all my days i’ve Never seen a pro act like that around an AM group. Stenson, Tiger, Bubba, Dustin....all were gentleman, engaging and active in their groups the pass years during this particular tournament ..... JT took the cake for futility...Just more into himself.

Listen I know they all have bad days but you need to put on the face when the time comes and be a big boy.

BOY DIDNT YOUR ASSUMPTION MAKE AN ......Well you get the point
    Posted:
    Titleist 917 D3 8.5º Diamana Blueboard X
    Titleist 917 F2 13.5º A1 +D 82g X
    Titleist 913h 21º A1 +D 92g X
    Titleist 716 AP2 C-Tapers X
    Odyssey 1W
    Vokey SM6 50º,54º,58º

Advertisement
  • Jacked_LoftJacked_Loft Steps Ahead  500Members Posts: 500
    Jeez, I'd hate to get this award. It's like being voted Miss Congeniality.

I'd much rather have the "Eat you alive in sudden death" award.
    Posted:
    WIMB:

M5 Fuji Evo VI 569
    M5 3&5 Fuji Evo VI 661 
    P790 3I Nippon 950
    P770 4-GW Nippon 950
    MG 56° LB KBS REV
    Spider Tour BLK
    H2NO Carry
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War  3130Members Posts: 3,130

krayzejava wrote:

Um...yeah....NO

problem with that is Thomas makes more money so can't be too impressed with 25k anything..that's on you the payee..enjoy watching a pro up close...doesn't need to ask you about your grand kids or your mother in law that you don't like. still odd award for him. he is not well mannered
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Camo/LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ 
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Srixon Z-Forged 120x 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99  4449Members Posts: 4,449
    If you agree to host an amateur group, then be personable. Else don't do it.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses  10655Members Posts: 10,655
    LeoLeo99 wrote:

If you agree to host an amateur group, then be personable. Else don't do it.

Yes, but Tour pros don’t have a choice to play in pro ams. They can only skip a few a year.
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.