Titleist TS3 vs Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero vs TM M5

hypergolf

You all know what to do :) Please discuss, argue or debate your thoughts, experience, feel, distance etc.Thanks guys.

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

1 of those 3 drivers is released where i live (TS3). So that's my favorite so far.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

TS3.......longer, sounds better, better looking, and less money.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

I think you'll find very few people who've had a chance to hit all 3....

What I will say is this...

Titleist's improvement from 917D2/D3 to TS2/TS3 was a much bigger progression than Rogue -> Flash or M3 -> M5.

I honestly had such a bad taste in my mouth from the 915 series that I never even tried the 917. After a while, I noticed that it was getting some good feedback. Was it a dog for most? It can be had for a steal now. Plus, it is a beautiful driver. I'm contemplating grabbing one for craps and giggles.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I think you'll find very few people who've had a chance to hit all 3....

What I will say is this...

Titleist's improvement from 917D2/D3 to TS2/TS3 was a much bigger progression than Rogue -> Flash or M3 -> M5.

I honestly had such a bad taste in my mouth from the 915 series that I never even tried the 917. After a while, I noticed that it was getting some good feedback. Was it a dog for most? It can be had for a steal now. Plus, it is a beautiful driver. I'm contemplating grabbing one for craps and giggles.

917 D3 is an excellent driver. Played it with a Diamana white for almost two years. Solid, and a great looking club.

That being said, the TS3 is noticeably longer (probably because I got properly fitted, as well as a little hotter head), and more forgiving.

Good luck, you won’t be disappointed.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

I thought the 917 sounded and felt great — also very accurate — but it is clear the TS line is superior for distance.

Like the shape of the Flash SZ but have yet to see it. Some have knocked the sound but I want to hear it for myself.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I loved the 917 d3. Great look and easy to hit fairways. It took some work to get distance out of it, but it was there. Get fit.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

Titleist is late to the game and they still dont have a piece of equipment that can best the Callaway and Taylormade offerings. All their stuff is very nice looking, but I dont see any performance benefits.. ever.

Looking forward to hitting the new Cally and TM offerings.

Someone hasn't hit the TS2/TS3 me thinks...

Granted, its one reviewer, but the best head to head can be seen in the Rick Sheils videos...

Hit hit the TS2 as far as the Rogue SZ and the M3

Hit the TS3 further than either

Hit the M5/M6 the same as the TS3, and the Flash SZ barely edged them all...

At the very least, the TS line keeps up with anything on the market. I've also found the TS3 to be significantly more forgiving than the M3 or Rogue SZ on ball speed retention and direction when off the screws. I hit literally every driver on the market head to head when the TS series came out. The only thing close to the TS3 was the G400LST, which wanted to go left more (my miss) so the TS3 made the bag.

No, I haven't hit the Flash SZ or M5, but I'm not going to either. There is no shot they are going to give me much more than lower bank account.

Titleist TSR3 - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Rogue LS - 15* - Tour ADXC 7x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - KBS Tour 120 Wedge

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft TruTrack (Winter)
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

My problem with the TS3 was that it spun too much. And this was when I was swinging my club 101mph (now about 115mph, so I assume it will spin way more). I was hitting the TS3 with Smoke 6.5 shaft about 2600 RPM, while I was hitting my Epic SZ (not Flash) 1800 RPM with front weight 12g and rear 2g and GP6-X shaft.

I really liked the TS3, but spun too much. Will give it another shot at Club Champion fitting coming up this month next to the Epic Flash and other offerings. We will see...

My problem with the TS3 was that it spun too much. And this was when I was swinging my club 101mph (now about 115mph, so I assume it will spin way more). I was hitting the TS3 with Smoke 6.5 shaft about 2600 RPM, while I was hitting my Epic SZ (not Flash) 1800 RPM with front weight 12g and rear 2g and GP6-X shaft.

I really liked the TS3, but spun too much. Will give it another shot at Club Champion fitting coming up this month next to the Epic Flash and other offerings. We will see...

That is the shaft, not the head. The GP6s spun less in my TS3 than the Smoke 6.5

Yes... GP6s...

It actually spun so little that it will be on the BST soon.

Driver SS is 115 or so here as well.

L.A.B Link.1

I never could get the D2 to spin low enough, and the D3 was great when nutted, but really sprayed if missed.

To me the TS3 is as easy to hit as the D2, but as low spinning (with higher launch) as the D3

L.A.B Link.1

6.5 is too stiff for 100mph.

Titleist is late to the game and they still dont have a piece of equipment that can best the Callaway and Taylormade offerings. All their stuff is very nice looking, but I dont see any performance benefits.. ever.

Granted, its one reviewer, but the best head to head can be seen in the Rick Sheils videos...

At the very least, the TS line keeps up with anything on the market. I've also found the TS3 to be significantly more forgiving than the M3 or Rogue SZ on ball speed retention and direction when off the screws. I hit literally every driver on the market head to head when the TS series came out. The only thing close to the TS3 was the G400LST, which wanted to go left more (my miss) so the TS3 made the bag.

No, I haven't hit the Flash SZ or M5, but I'm not going to either. There is no shot they are going to give me much more than lower bank account.

Rick Shiels...ya, I hit a bunch of great shots out of the garage door range at Carls Golfland as well. After he shot in the high 80s at a tournament, I stopped watching his videos. Too many other reviewers out there for me to get some irrelevant information.

Now...I have hit the TS stuff. Its alright, but it just doesnt perform as well as I thought it would. I thought the feel was ok at best. Swingweight felt odd to me, maybe too light. Im pulling it off the rack, so Im comparing to Cobra, Cally, and TM off the rack.

Maybe I have to try it with my GD Tour AD collection that I have for the Callaway drivers. More fair test that way.

Rick Shiels...ya, I hit a bunch of great shots out of the garage door range at Carls Golfland as well. After he shot in the high 80s at a tournament, I stopped watching his videos. Too many other reviewers out there for me to get some irrelevant information.

Now...I have hit the TS stuff. Its alright, but it just doesnt perform as well as I thought it would. I thought the feel was ok at best. Swingweight felt odd to me, maybe too light. Im pulling it off the rack, so Im comparing to Cobra, Cally, and TM off the rack.

Maybe I have to try it with my GD Tour AD collection that I have for the Callaway drivers. More fair test that way.

High 80s in a tournament...savage lol

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

How did you pick up 14 mph club of head speed in such a short period of time?

I was just suggesting hitting the same shafts.

And no, sheils isn’t perfect, but his strike pattern is very similar on gcquad on each review...

Al I can tell ya is the TS3 easily paced the m5/m6, and maybe was a touch behind, but negligible than the Flash SZ.

It’s the most apples to apples at this point. He’s not a robot, but his SS, AoA, and strike pattern were the same for each driver per GCQuad (a reference quality LM)

It’s just safe to say that all the modern drivers will be reasonably close. One isn’t going to blow the doors off any other, unless it’s a poor shaft fit.

L.A.B Link.1

Well there's your problem... Titleist woods are not going to work off the rack, you need to be fitted unless you know your specs and what shaft. Comparing their woods off the rack is like driving a car with the seat and mirrors not adjusted for you.

How did you pick up 14 mph club of head speed in such a short period of time?

It was just a commitment to gain swing speed. I was about 110mph 3 years ago, then injury last year got me down to 101mph. Finally healed my injury (for most part) and worked out a ton, ate healthy, and committed to gaining swing speed. Swinging hard, overspeed training, etc. But one of the biggest difference makers was a major swing change as well. I gained back a lot of what I lost, and then some. A whole lot of gym/fitness and dedication. In the end, it was very hard work.

TS3 is a monster. Beat everything on the market for me in October.

Haven't tried M5 or Flash, honestly not even tempted. All the reviewers have already shown there is nothing special in them. Seems like we are back to the high launch/low spin phenomenon for extra distance. M5 added no ballspeed from what i saw.

TS3 was 3mph faster than 2nd place for me. I swing 116-118

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

For me, the TS3 has been the longest and most forgiving driver I have hit to date. I will hit the Flash SZ and M5 when they come out, but I seriously doubt they will a huge amount better. Plus I like the all black head on the TS range, not to keen on the colors, lines and graphics on the other two. Just my $.02.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X