Titleist TS3 vs Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero vs TM M5

hypergolfhypergolf Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭
edited Jan 6, 2019 9:29pm in Equipment #1
You all know what to do image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Please discuss, argue or debate your thoughts, experience, feel, distance etc.Thanks guys.
«134

Comments

  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,531 ClubWRX
    I think you'll find very few people who've had a chance to hit all 3....



    What I will say is this...



    Titleist's improvement from 917D2/D3 to TS2/TS3 was a much bigger progression than Rogue -> Flash or M3 -> M5.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,369 ✭✭
    1 of those 3 drivers is released where i live (TS3). So that's my favorite so far.
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
  • texcromtexcrom ClubWRX Posts: 3,479 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 6, 2019 9:37pm #4
    TS3.......longer, sounds better, better looking, and less money.
    Titleist TS3 10.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff 
    Titleist TS3 16.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron Project X PXi 6.0
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron Project X PXi 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2 5 - 9 irons AMT Tour White S-300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 48-10F
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52-08F
    Titleist Vokey SM7 56-10S
    Titleist Vokey SM7 60-10S
    Odyssey O-works 2 Ball Red
    Titleist Pro V1X
    Additional - Titleist 905R 10.5 degree YS6+ Stiff, Titleist 718 AP2 4 iron and pitching wedge, Taylormade R7 425 TP, Taylormade R7 TP Titanium 3 wood, Scotty Cameron Select Newport, Ping Anser 35 inch, Cleveland Designed By blade putter.

    GO VOLS!
  • moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    One of these or one if the new offerings from PING and Mizuno will be in my bag this year. Time will tell.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,672 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:


    I think you'll find very few people who've had a chance to hit all 3....



    What I will say is this...



    Titleist's improvement from 917D2/D3 to TS2/TS3 was a much bigger progression than Rogue -> Flash or M3 -> M5.




    I honestly had such a bad taste in my mouth from the 915 series that I never even tried the 917. After a while, I noticed that it was getting some good feedback. Was it a dog for most? It can be had for a steal now. Plus, it is a beautiful driver. I'm contemplating grabbing one for craps and giggles.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • texcromtexcrom ClubWRX Posts: 3,479 ClubWRX
    radiman wrote:

    Bomber_11 wrote:


    I think you'll find very few people who've had a chance to hit all 3....



    What I will say is this...



    Titleist's improvement from 917D2/D3 to TS2/TS3 was a much bigger progression than Rogue -> Flash or M3 -> M5.




    I honestly had such a bad taste in my mouth from the 915 series that I never even tried the 917. After a while, I noticed that it was getting some good feedback. Was it a dog for most? It can be had for a steal now. Plus, it is a beautiful driver. I'm contemplating grabbing one for craps and giggles.




    917 D3 is an excellent driver. Played it with a Diamana white for almost two years. Solid, and a great looking club.



    That being said, the TS3 is noticeably longer (probably because I got properly fitted, as well as a little hotter head), and more forgiving.



    Good luck, you won’t be disappointed.
    Titleist TS3 10.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff 
    Titleist TS3 16.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron Project X PXi 6.0
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron Project X PXi 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2 5 - 9 irons AMT Tour White S-300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 48-10F
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52-08F
    Titleist Vokey SM7 56-10S
    Titleist Vokey SM7 60-10S
    Odyssey O-works 2 Ball Red
    Titleist Pro V1X
    Additional - Titleist 905R 10.5 degree YS6+ Stiff, Titleist 718 AP2 4 iron and pitching wedge, Taylormade R7 425 TP, Taylormade R7 TP Titanium 3 wood, Scotty Cameron Select Newport, Ping Anser 35 inch, Cleveland Designed By blade putter.

    GO VOLS!
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,195 ClubWRX
    I thought the 917 sounded and felt great — also very accurate — but it is clear the TS line is superior for distance.



    Like the shape of the Flash SZ but have yet to see it. Some have knocked the sound but I want to hear it for myself.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • tdk8180tdk8180 Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭
    Titleist is late to the game and they still dont have a piece of equipment that can best the Callaway and Taylormade offerings. All their stuff is very nice looking, but I dont see any performance benefits.. ever.



    Looking forward to hitting the new Cally and TM offerings.
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,230 ClubWRX
    I loved the 917 d3. Great look and easy to hit fairways. It took some work to get distance out of it, but it was there. Get fit.
    Taylormade M6 w/ATMOS black ts 6x
    Taylormade M5 3 wood w/HZRDUS black 75 6.5
    Taylormade p790 3-pw
    Taylormade hi-toe 52-9 and 58-10 wedges
    Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
  • MahamiltoMahamilto NYCMembers Posts: 1,920 ✭✭
    edited Jan 7, 2019 2:32pm #11
    tdk8180 wrote:


    Titleist is late to the game and they still dont have a piece of equipment that can best the Callaway and Taylormade offerings. All their stuff is very nice looking, but I dont see any performance benefits.. ever.



    Looking forward to hitting the new Cally and TM offerings.




    Someone hasn't hit the TS2/TS3 me thinks...



    Granted, its one reviewer, but the best head to head can be seen in the Rick Sheils videos...



    Hit hit the TS2 as far as the Rogue SZ and the M3



    Hit the TS3 further than either



    Hit the M5/M6 the same as the TS3, and the Flash SZ barely edged them all...



    At the very least, the TS line keeps up with anything on the market. I've also found the TS3 to be significantly more forgiving than the M3 or Rogue SZ on ball speed retention and direction when off the screws. I hit literally every driver on the market head to head when the TS series came out. The only thing close to the TS3 was the G400LST, which wanted to go left more (my miss) so the TS3 made the bag.



    No, I haven't hit the Flash SZ or M5, but I'm not going to either. There is no shot they are going to give me much more than lower bank account.
    Titleist TS3 - 9.75* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5 (D1 Setting, STD Fade)
    Titleist 917F2 - 15*, Diamana S+ LTD 80TX (B1 Setting, 16g Fade)
    Titleist 818 H1 - 19*, Tensei Pro White 90TX (B1 Setting, 12g Fade)
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-iron - KBS C-Taper 130x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-9-iron - DG AMT x100
    Titleist 718 AP2 PW, 50* - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM7 55* S-Grind - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM2 59.12* - DG Tour Issue x100
    Evnroll ER6-B
    Bridgestone Tour BX
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
  • stk123stk123 Members Posts: 446 ✭✭
    My problem with the TS3 was that it spun too much. And this was when I was swinging my club 101mph (now about 115mph, so I assume it will spin way more). I was hitting the TS3 with Smoke 6.5 shaft about 2600 RPM, while I was hitting my Epic SZ (not Flash) 1800 RPM with front weight 12g and rear 2g and GP6-X shaft.



    I really liked the TS3, but spun too much. Will give it another shot at Club Champion fitting coming up this month next to the Epic Flash and other offerings. We will see...
  • Smitty120Smitty120 MDMembers Posts: 441 ✭✭
    I agree 100% with your findings Mahamilto.

    M6 - Tensei Pro White 70TX

    M3 HL - Tensei Pro White 80TX

    P790 3 - ADDI 95X

    P750 4-PW - X-100 Tour

    MG Raw 52,58 - S-400 Tour

    Toulon Garage Atlanta

    TP5

  • MahamiltoMahamilto NYCMembers Posts: 1,920 ✭✭
    edited Jan 7, 2019 3:32pm #14
    stk123 wrote:


    My problem with the TS3 was that it spun too much. And this was when I was swinging my club 101mph (now about 115mph, so I assume it will spin way more). I was hitting the TS3 with Smoke 6.5 shaft about 2600 RPM, while I was hitting my Epic SZ (not Flash) 1800 RPM with front weight 12g and rear 2g and GP6-X shaft.



    I really liked the TS3, but spun too much. Will give it another shot at Club Champion fitting coming up this month next to the Epic Flash and other offerings. We will see...




    That is the shaft, not the head. The GP6s spun less in my TS3 than the Smoke 6.5



    Yes... GP6s...



    It actually spun so little that it will be on the BST soon.



    Driver SS is 115 or so here as well.
    Titleist TS3 - 9.75* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5 (D1 Setting, STD Fade)
    Titleist 917F2 - 15*, Diamana S+ LTD 80TX (B1 Setting, 16g Fade)
    Titleist 818 H1 - 19*, Tensei Pro White 90TX (B1 Setting, 12g Fade)
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-iron - KBS C-Taper 130x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-9-iron - DG AMT x100
    Titleist 718 AP2 PW, 50* - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM7 55* S-Grind - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM2 59.12* - DG Tour Issue x100
    Evnroll ER6-B
    Bridgestone Tour BX
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,259 ✭✭
    F9 has to be tossed in there, too.
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

  • Bomber_11 wrote:


    I think you'll find very few people who've had a chance to hit all 3....



    What I will say is this...



    Titleist's improvement from 917D2/D3 to TS2/TS3 was a much bigger progression than Rogue -> Flash or M3 -> M5.


    Definitely agree
    TBD
    Tour issue 2017 m2 tour shaft tbd
    Nike vapor fly pro 3 fuji pro 115 ts
    4-9 jpx 919 tour c taper x
    Vokey 48 52 56 60 kbs c taper/hi rev
    Scotty buttonback newport 2
  • MahamiltoMahamilto NYCMembers Posts: 1,920 ✭✭
    I never could get the D2 to spin low enough, and the D3 was great when nutted, but really sprayed if missed.



    To me the TS3 is as easy to hit as the D2, but as low spinning (with higher launch) as the D3
    Titleist TS3 - 9.75* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5 (D1 Setting, STD Fade)
    Titleist 917F2 - 15*, Diamana S+ LTD 80TX (B1 Setting, 16g Fade)
    Titleist 818 H1 - 19*, Tensei Pro White 90TX (B1 Setting, 12g Fade)
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-iron - KBS C-Taper 130x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-9-iron - DG AMT x100
    Titleist 718 AP2 PW, 50* - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM7 55* S-Grind - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM2 59.12* - DG Tour Issue x100
    Evnroll ER6-B
    Bridgestone Tour BX
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭
    Imo ts3>m5>flash sz
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,123 ✭✭
    Ts3 is a monster. One of longest drivers I've hit. Not experience with flash or m5/m6 yet.
    PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • SoCalTitleistSoCalTitleist Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭
    stk123 wrote:


    My problem with the TS3 was that it spun too much. And this was when I was swinging my club 101mph (now about 115mph, so I assume it will spin way more). I was hitting the TS3 with Smoke 6.5 shaft about 2600 RPM, while I was hitting my Epic SZ (not Flash) 1800 RPM with front weight 12g and rear 2g and GP6-X shaft.



    I really liked the TS3, but spun too much. Will give it another shot at Club Champion fitting coming up this month next to the Epic Flash and other offerings. We will see...




    6.5 is too stiff for 100mph.
  • Never had this much trouble trying to decide which direction to go with a driver before
    TBD
    Tour issue 2017 m2 tour shaft tbd
    Nike vapor fly pro 3 fuji pro 115 ts
    4-9 jpx 919 tour c taper x
    Vokey 48 52 56 60 kbs c taper/hi rev
    Scotty buttonback newport 2
  • tdk8180tdk8180 Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭
    Mahamilto wrote:

    tdk8180 wrote:


    Titleist is late to the game and they still dont have a piece of equipment that can best the Callaway and Taylormade offerings. All their stuff is very nice looking, but I dont see any performance benefits.. ever.



    Looking forward to hitting the new Cally and TM offerings.




    Someone hasn't hit the TS2/TS3 me thinks...



    Granted, its one reviewer, but the best head to head can be seen in the Rick Sheils videos...



    Hit hit the TS2 as far as the Rogue SZ and the M3



    Hit the TS3 further than either



    Hit the M5/M6 the same as the TS3, and the Flash SZ barely edged them all...



    At the very least, the TS line keeps up with anything on the market. I've also found the TS3 to be significantly more forgiving than the M3 or Rogue SZ on ball speed retention and direction when off the screws. I hit literally every driver on the market head to head when the TS series came out. The only thing close to the TS3 was the G400LST, which wanted to go left more (my miss) so the TS3 made the bag.



    No, I haven't hit the Flash SZ or M5, but I'm not going to either. There is no shot they are going to give me much more than lower bank account.




    Rick Shiels...ya, I hit a bunch of great shots out of the garage door range at Carls Golfland as well. After he shot in the high 80s at a tournament, I stopped watching his videos. Too many other reviewers out there for me to get some irrelevant information.



    Now...I have hit the TS stuff. Its alright, but it just doesnt perform as well as I thought it would. I thought the feel was ok at best. Swingweight felt odd to me, maybe too light. Im pulling it off the rack, so Im comparing to Cobra, Cally, and TM off the rack.



    Maybe I have to try it with my GD Tour AD collection that I have for the Callaway drivers. More fair test that way.



  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,123 ✭✭
    tdk8180 wrote:

    Mahamilto wrote:

    tdk8180 wrote:


    Titleist is late to the game and they still dont have a piece of equipment that can best the Callaway and Taylormade offerings. All their stuff is very nice looking, but I dont see any performance benefits.. ever.



    Looking forward to hitting the new Cally and TM offerings.




    Someone hasn't hit the TS2/TS3 me thinks...



    Granted, its one reviewer, but the best head to head can be seen in the Rick Sheils videos...



    Hit hit the TS2 as far as the Rogue SZ and the M3



    Hit the TS3 further than either



    Hit the M5/M6 the same as the TS3, and the Flash SZ barely edged them all...



    At the very least, the TS line keeps up with anything on the market. I've also found the TS3 to be significantly more forgiving than the M3 or Rogue SZ on ball speed retention and direction when off the screws. I hit literally every driver on the market head to head when the TS series came out. The only thing close to the TS3 was the G400LST, which wanted to go left more (my miss) so the TS3 made the bag.



    No, I haven't hit the Flash SZ or M5, but I'm not going to either. There is no shot they are going to give me much more than lower bank account.




    Rick Shiels...ya, I hit a bunch of great shots out of the garage door range at Carls Golfland as well. After he shot in the high 80s at a tournament, I stopped watching his videos. Too many other reviewers out there for me to get some irrelevant information.



    Now...I have hit the TS stuff. Its alright, but it just doesnt perform as well as I thought it would. I thought the feel was ok at best. Swingweight felt odd to me, maybe too light. Im pulling it off the rack, so Im comparing to Cobra, Cally, and TM off the rack.



    Maybe I have to try it with my GD Tour AD collection that I have for the Callaway drivers. More fair test that way.




    High 80s in a tournament...savage lol
    PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • ryan983ryan983 Members Posts: 677 ✭✭
    stk123 wrote:


    My problem with the TS3 was that it spun too much. And this was when I was swinging my club 101mph (now about 115mph, so I assume it will spin way more). I was hitting the TS3 with Smoke 6.5 shaft about 2600 RPM, while I was hitting my Epic SZ (not Flash) 1800 RPM with front weight 12g and rear 2g and GP6-X shaft.



    I really liked the TS3, but spun too much. Will give it another shot at Club Champion fitting coming up this month next to the Epic Flash and other offerings. We will see...




    How did you pick up 14 mph club of head speed in such a short period of time?
  • MahamiltoMahamilto NYCMembers Posts: 1,920 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 6:54am #26
    I was just suggesting hitting the same shafts.



    And no, sheils isn’t perfect, but his strike pattern is very similar on gcquad on each review...



    Al I can tell ya is the TS3 easily paced the m5/m6, and maybe was a touch behind, but negligible than the Flash SZ.



    It’s the most apples to apples at this point. He’s not a robot, but his SS, AoA, and strike pattern were the same for each driver per GCQuad (a reference quality LM)



    It’s just safe to say that all the modern drivers will be reasonably close. One isn’t going to blow the doors off any other, unless it’s a poor shaft fit.
    Titleist TS3 - 9.75* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5 (D1 Setting, STD Fade)
    Titleist 917F2 - 15*, Diamana S+ LTD 80TX (B1 Setting, 16g Fade)
    Titleist 818 H1 - 19*, Tensei Pro White 90TX (B1 Setting, 12g Fade)
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-iron - KBS C-Taper 130x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-9-iron - DG AMT x100
    Titleist 718 AP2 PW, 50* - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM7 55* S-Grind - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM2 59.12* - DG Tour Issue x100
    Evnroll ER6-B
    Bridgestone Tour BX
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
  • rt_chargerrt_charger Ball Hitter Members Posts: 132 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 7:03am #27
    tdk8180 wrote:


    Now...I have hit the TS stuff. Its alright, but it just doesnt perform as well as I thought it would. I thought the feel was ok at best. Swingweight felt odd to me, maybe too light. Im pulling it off the rack, so Im comparing to Cobra, Cally, and TM off the rack.


    Well there's your problem... Titleist woods are not going to work off the rack, you need to be fitted unless you know your specs and what shaft. Comparing their woods off the rack is like driving a car with the seat and mirrors not adjusted for you.
    "Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course - the distance between your ears." - Bobby Jones
  • stk123stk123 Members Posts: 446 ✭✭
    ryan983 wrote:

    stk123 wrote:


    My problem with the TS3 was that it spun too much. And this was when I was swinging my club 101mph (now about 115mph, so I assume it will spin way more). I was hitting the TS3 with Smoke 6.5 shaft about 2600 RPM, while I was hitting my Epic SZ (not Flash) 1800 RPM with front weight 12g and rear 2g and GP6-X shaft.



    I really liked the TS3, but spun too much. Will give it another shot at Club Champion fitting coming up this month next to the Epic Flash and other offerings. We will see...




    How did you pick up 14 mph club of head speed in such a short period of time?




    It was just a commitment to gain swing speed. I was about 110mph 3 years ago, then injury last year got me down to 101mph. Finally healed my injury (for most part) and worked out a ton, ate healthy, and committed to gaining swing speed. Swinging hard, overspeed training, etc. But one of the biggest difference makers was a major swing change as well. I gained back a lot of what I lost, and then some. A whole lot of gym/fitness and dedication. In the end, it was very hard work.
  • Albatross85Albatross85 Tiger is the GOAT St. Louis, MOMembers Posts: 2,842 ✭✭
    TS3 is a monster. Beat everything on the market for me in October.



    Haven't tried M5 or Flash, honestly not even tempted. All the reviewers have already shown there is nothing special in them. Seems like we are back to the high launch/low spin phenomenon for extra distance. M5 added no ballspeed from what i saw.



    TS3 was 3mph faster than 2nd place for me. I swing 116-118
    Titleist TS3 8.5* ...............................Tensei Pro White 70TX proto 44.5" D5
    Titleist TS2 15.75* ..........................Tensei Pro White 80TX proto 42.5" D4
    Mizuno MP18 Fli-Hi #2 17.5* ...Handcrafted HZRDUS 105 6.5 39.75" D2
    Titleist 712U 4 iron .......................C-taper S+ 125 D2
    Wilson FG Tour V6 5-Gw ............PX LZ 6.5 +3/8" D2-D5 off 46* Pw
    Mizuno T7 55.09 ............................PX LZ 6.5 35.5" D6
    Mizuno T7 60.06 ............................Tour Issue S400 35.5" D6
    Tour Only Odyssey Jailbird Mini Versa | BWB | plumbers neck | WHP insert
    Bridgestone Tour B XS


  • minteqminteq Members Posts: 2,856 ✭✭
    For me, the TS3 has been the longest and most forgiving driver I have hit to date. I will hit the Flash SZ and M5 when they come out, but I seriously doubt they will a huge amount better. Plus I like the all black head on the TS range, not to keen on the colors, lines and graphics on the other two. Just my $.02.
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Hzrdus T800
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Hzrdus Smoke 70s
    Nike VPC 4-Aw
    Callaway PM 56/60
    Nike 006 Proto
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • stk123stk123 Members Posts: 446 ✭✭


    TS3 is a monster. Beat everything on the market for me in October.



    Haven't tried M5 or Flash, honestly not even tempted. All the reviewers have already shown there is nothing special in them. Seems like we are back to the high launch/low spin phenomenon for extra distance. M5 added no ballspeed from what i saw.



    TS3 was 3mph faster than 2nd place for me. I swing 116-118




    Is high launch and low spin a bad combo? Is it less forgiving and more erratic? Can you please explain pros and cons? Genuinely interested in learning.
Sign In or Register to comment.