NFL Playoff pickem contest (18-19)

knock it close

49454392_2300726616640680_3060030341449252864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=3618c9abd1fc360c5affa5ac0aa3bf26&oe=5CD9D4AB

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy new year all, thank you to Touch for running the regular season pool and to everyone else who participated and helped out. If we have anyone new who is looking to join welcome, we are happy to have you. So I figure for playoffs we will pick either a side or total for each game since 4 will be the most if that works for everyone. For lines i'll pull openers from @golfodds on twitter if that works for everyone, he's at superbook USA and is quite sharp.

So without further ado:

Colts 47.5

Texans -2.5

Seahawks 42.5

Cowboys -2.5

Chargers 41.5

Ravens -2.5

Eagles 41.5

Bears -4.5

IND: +2.5

SEA: +2.5

LAC: +2.5

CHI: -4.5

3-1 this week.

Very close to being 10-0 over the last 3 weeks but the legend of Nick Foles ruined that.

Happy new year all, thank you to Touch for running the regular season pool and to everyone else who participated and helped out. If we have anyone new who is looking to join welcome, we are happy to have you. So I figure for playoffs we will pick either a side or total for each game since 4 will be the most if that works for everyone. For lines i'll pull openers from @golfodds on twitter if that works for everyone, he's at superbook USA and is quite sharp.

So without further ado:

Colts 47.5

Texans -2.5

Seahawks 42.5

Cowboys -2.5

Chargers 41.5

Ravens -2.5

Eagles 41.5

Bears -4.5

3-1 this week.

Very close to being 10-0 over the last 3 weeks but the legend of Nick Foles ruined that.

You mean Parkey ruined that....

So without further ado:

Colts 47.5

Texans -2.5

Seahawks 42.5

Cowboys -2.5

Chargers 41.5

Ravens -2.5

Eagles 41.5

Bears -4.5

3-1 this week.

I get what you're saying but no. Bears dont cover if he makes it anyways.

Too great not to share.

After it is announced in the Sports world news from today that the Packers have hired Titans OC Matt Lafleur ( damn hockey name aye Pete? wasn't there a HOF hockey player????? ah Guy????)

as their new head coach. Then this dude comes up with this gem.

From Facebook Dave Bennett writes,

"When the new coach tries to tell Rodgers what to do."

and adds this.............

49853227_10156379916341973_3633430427043102720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=c82c27ca28c746d61a854b6756a9ac39&oe=5CD7FB06

doctoro you didn't put forth a play to the audience last week regarding a

2,3, or 4 team Money Line parlay on the dogs?

which leads me to ask our Sage Sports Book guy (reining champ) Knock it C...........

If someone did wager a money line parlay on 3 of the dogs last week at $100. what would be the return? estimate is great.

thanks

I understand it was a good weekend for football. I don't really know, I've been dealing with a sick 3 month old who's been sleeping 5 minutes at a time and his older sister who just needs entertained while mom worked most of the weekend. Hopefully it's all blown over (plus mom's off next weekend) for me to enjoy the divisional round games and my local Chiefs who are looking to break their home playoff curse along with the general playoff curse against the Colts. I think we win, but with our atrocious defense, it's hard to take any line that's more than a FG. We'll get to that later once the lines are posted.

However, I would like to bring to everyone's attention (here and everyone else I know in life) that I, for the first and only time of my life, sit atop the leaderboard!!! Don't expect any updates for future weeks. I'll just be posting this after each week.

So without further ado:

Colts 47.5

Texans -2.5

Seahawks 42.5

Cowboys -2.5

Chargers 41.5

Ravens -2.5

Eagles 41.5

Bears -4.5

3-1 this week.

I get what you're saying but no. Bears dont cover if he makes it anyways.

The Legend of the Foles!

Yes! The Bears big defense ruined that cover, and the Parkey miss was an unfortunate result of the Bears defensive misfortunes. The Bears had it in their hands and the Big D could not stop Foles when it mattered most. A great game to watch the best of the 4 games IMHO. The Defense looked a little gassed all of those 3rd down conversions Foles seemed to be accruing late in the 4th quarter 12 plays and almost 4 minutes late in the game was a dagger. The Play call from Pederson was a work of art. I think it was the same play as Montana to Dwight Clark with the out route receiver catching the flip from around the defender perfectly placed to the outside by Nick Foles It was a pretty play.

which leads me to ask our Sage Sports Book guy (reining champ) Knock it C...........

If someone did wager a money line parlay on 3 of the dogs last week at $100. what would be the return? estimate is great.

thanks

After Digging through the rubble of my "House of blown betting cards" I just found out that the Dogs have covered in the last 14-15 playoff games and Wild card games are like 10-0 on the dogs. I had 3 out of 4 before I changed it. Oh Well, that's called the rub of the green in golf terms.

I think the Dogs Bark has less bite this week though.

Too great not to share.

After it is announced in the Sports world news from today that the Packers have hired Titans OC Matt Lafleur ( damn hockey name aye Pete? wasn't their a HOF hockey player????? ah Guy????)

49853227_10156379916341973_3633430427043102720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=c82c27ca28c746d61a854b6756a9ac39&oe=5CD7FB06

Rogers better be happy handing off the ball, this guy is a run-oriented coach. It might actually work out because Rogers is no spring chicken and we saw what happened to the gunslinger Favre, after too many hits and sacks your career starts to fade away like a broken down old Cadillac that used to be the eye catcher in the neighborhood and now the plastic dashboard has begun to melt in the setting sun.

Rogers is injured a lot more now, he takes to much abuse and his career will ebb away after another season like the last few he has had. People were begging Favre to retire, when he finally left his stats were not pretty. Being a gunslinger is like a speedy wide receiver who stops working on his game. A la DeShaun Jackson, they get dinged and all of their superpowers are zapped like Super Man exposed to kryptonite.

Too great not to share.

After it is announced in the Sports world news from today that the Packers have hired Titans OC Matt Lafleur ( damn hockey name aye Pete? wasn't their a HOF hockey player????? ah Guy????)

Yep, Guy lafleur. Canadien winger back when they dominated and didn’t wear helmets. Remember seeing them in the Igloo. One time we were down in the locker room hallway, and some of them (Canadiens) spoke to us, I was 8, and scared to death. 5 years later I wasn’t as afraid and asked Billy Smith for a goalie stick as he was coming off the ice from warm ups. I can’t remember a lot as quotable, but I can quote him, “F*^k you kid.”

EDIT: for those unfamiliar, Billy Smith was the Stanley Cup winning goaltender for the Islanders dynasty

thanks

Would of been ~$1200 bucks, in my quick research I haven't found exact ML numbers on the games so that's a guess.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Well, the world is a different place today than it was just a short while ago. There is a retired NHL'er coaching. Lynn Swann says "No" to NFL teams wanting to interview their new OC, who left anyway. Proving how dysfunctional the NFL is, Hue Jackson is actually be interviewed for a HC position. Cats sleeping with dogs I tell ya, the world is upside down! All we need now is for a guy named Xander to win a PGA event, and it might be time for the world to end. So in a golf review here are the picks.

In a nod to the only golfer I can think of whose name starts with an X, It was years ago, and I was in the hubbub of the restaurant industry, and I had worked for 2.5 months straight. Yep, no days off, so I packed up my kids for a 5 day jaunt to Maui. I played the plantation course, and had i just sank a few more putts (see the moniker) I would have easily shot in the high 70's, but it was not to be. I don't remember what I did shoot, though I do remember the spectacular views and parring #18. It was a massive golf course, and good for Xander for absolutely playing great. I also saw Jim Furyk, who at the time had a home there. So, how does this relate to the picks, Jim Furyk is originally from PA, and the Eagles are on the road in NO. I will pick the over because I feel like the spread is too great.

I was standing on the first tee at Pinehurst #2 a few years ago, and the caddie was telling us about the makeover it had gone through to bring it back to its original state. It makes me think, what would Jerry Jones have to do to get him back to his original state? Nipples on the chin... probably a move for 2020. The Rams have been struggling, and the Boys can't seem to throw the ball which shortens the game. It was at this famous course that I lost my game and shot in the mid-90s as a 3 HDCP. It was cold and wet, which won't be an issue in LA, but when asked if I wanted to return to #2, I politely declined citing irreconcilable differences. I am going to take the under on this one.

Andrew Luck is a Stanford grad, and that reminds me of a course I played last year. Another punishing round, and yes, on the 233 yd par 3 over the Pacific Ocean, I fired one so far into the ocean I couldn't even see it land. The sea lions were laughing, my playing partners were laughing, and I was too to be honest. I then took the Hogan path, laid up to the left, hit the green and then 2 putted. If I don't remember anything else about my trip to Cypress, it will be that and hitting into the Dunes and taking cut after cut to get out. I think Andrew Luck will be getting stuck in the dunes of KC. On the other hand, this is Mahomes first playoff game and he could so be geeked up he can't play the game (like me at Cypress). I am taking Luck and the points.

Dude, Brady is old. I have never shot over 80 at the Old Course, but it is nice to people whose miss is the snaptastic hook off the tee, off the turf, and just about any other way to hit a golf ball. I fired a smooth 90+ at the new course with about 6 OBs to the left (think petulant Phillip Rivers), but have driven greens at the Old, and had a remarkably fun time when I go. Therefore, the old man has to be my pick. Not unlike Scotland, I suspect the weather will be cold and wet, heck, we were wearing sweaters in the middle of July. While the Scottish kids were swimming in the private shrinking waters of the North Sea, we were bundled up wondering if any place had a fire we could sit next to. In a nod to old deflated balls and cold weather, I am taking the Pats and the points even though the Chargers are 9-0 on the road this year.

Have a great week.

^

Once again Mr. Iron City leads off the week with his picks and another (golf themed this time, wow) amazing post is placed for all of us to enjoy. Thanks frozen Penguin in the white Northland for all the gifted writing you provide us . I for one look forward to it weekly.

Cheers mate.

811492.jpg

photo.jpg

But hopefully not.............

GettyImages-73255491-1480x889.jpg

^

Once again Mr. Iron City leads off the week with his picks and another (golf themed this time, wow) amazing post is placed for all of us to enjoy. Thanks frozen Penguin in the white Northland for all the gifted writing you provide us . I for one look forward to it weekly.

Cheers mate.

811492.jpg

photo.jpg

But hopefully not.............

GettyImages-73255491-1480x889.jpg

Wish I knew how to attach photos so I could attach a photo of my FUPA so you realize the claims to athleticism are well exaggerated.

Divisional Round

My selections

Cheifs - 5.5 --- ( I originally had Indy, but with the weather I am switching away from the dome team)

Cowboys + 7.5 --- the better Defense gets the cover. The 7 and a hook is way to much to pass up.

New England - 4.5 --- Love this one, it's the selection I have the most confidence in.

You face the Ravens in 2 out of the last 3 weeks ?( I think) Then you are banged up.

Plus you have to travel all the way east again and play this time in Foxboro?

Chargers lose by 7 or more.

Eagles +7.5 --- Here too I switched my pick after further study. The Saints D is stout against the run, but that

Saints D can be thrown on somewhat successfully. I'll take a shot with "playoff magic" Foles getting

a TD and the hook.

I am hoping to go 4 and 0 this week and be in the mix in this sucka coming into the final 2 weeks.

Now wouldn't that be something to go from worst to first? ! it isn't happening, so call your man and bet the

other way on my picks. You probably will make bank. Then you can buy your gal a ton of flowers, clothes, and a nice dinner

out for Valentine's!

AP_288747555779.jpg

Well looked at the over unders and drew a blank, which seems to be an everyday occurance. So being bold and beyond I am taking.................all the home teams. I know right.

Chiefs -5.5

Rams -7.5

PATRIOTS -4.5

Saints -7.5

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Sorry I'm late but here we go

Colts 56.5

Chiefs -5.5

Cowboys 49.5

Rams -7.5

Chargers 45.5

Patriots -4.5

Eagles 51.5

Saints -7.5

After starting 4-0 I'm completely expecting to go 0-4 this week. And looking at the options, I won't be surprised. I've changed these picks so many times in my head it's starting to hurt.

I think the Chiefs win this week and banish the home playoff curse (and against the Colts). However, I can't decide how they're going to. I've written this explanation, deleted, rewritten, deleted, etc. I was going to take the Over, then I was going to take KC and give the points. Then it dawned on me (because I don't normally pay that much attention to the weather) that it's supposed to snow for the next 18 hours (up to a foot) and be right around freezing. Mix that with an inflated total and I'll be one of the few to take the UNDER on this one. I just pray that the weather doesn't render Mahomes incapable of getting this damn monkey off our backs. (*Pick subject to changed based on how weather actually plays out. They'll obviously be able to tarp the field for what sounds like the majority of the snow so it may be minimal if they don't pull the tarps until the 90 minute mark or so.) *UPDATE* I'm not even going to wait. The more I look at the forecast and obviously the resources they have to treat the field, I don't think conditions will be that bad to safely take the under. Going back to KC -5.5.

Cowboys have been a tough team to judge this year. They beat the Saints then two weeks later get shut out by the Colts. However, they have been playing better as of late while the Rams have slowed with Goff being unimpressive his last 5 weeks. I don't know that they'll pull off a win, but I'll take DAL +7.5.

Patriots at home in the playoffs are hard enough to beat as it is. I think Chargers are a good team, but seems like they're overdue to come to a crashing halt like they normally do. I actually hope NE wins in the event the Chiefs handle business, I'd actually rather play them, but until then I've got to go with the "safe" bet on Brady at home and take NE -4.5. Although I won't be surprised at all if LAC were to win.

Speaking of crashing to a halt, this Nick Foles thing can't happen again. I'm perfectly happy for the guy and hope he gets paid in the offseason in another ill-advised contract, but give me NO -7.5. Their last matchup....48-7 NO.

Colts 56.5

Chiefs -5.5

Cowboys 49.5

Rams -7.5

Chargers 45.5

Patriots -4.5

Eagles 51.5

Saints -7.5

I want to root for teams I can not bring myself to pick because of the lines. I am rooting for the Rams but no way giving 7.5 points to a hot team with a stout defense against a jittery QB. I am rooting for the Saints but dread giving 7.5 points to the Playoff Whisperer Nick Foles.

SO, I might have to pick a couple of totals to offset my agitated state of confusion.

The weather outside is frightening in Kansas City Snow early changing to freezing rain and sleet around game time which might bode well for Damian Williams and Marlon Mack in fantasy football spheres. The impact of the snow itself, should not be a big deal. But the sleet and freezing rain might tamp down splash plays in the passing game. Forcing teams to put together short passes and executing all of the routes in the route tree with RB's and tight ends, Kelce is a stud in this scenario, factoring in the passing game. The over /under is still going to approach 50+ but I feel the clock will tick just a little bit more in this environment per drive. I will take the Under in the Chiefs/Colts 56.5 This game is also inside a touchdown so I will take the Chiefs -5.5. Contrarian Parlay Alert!-Parlay Alert! Colts have had a great run but have not played any top team of merit this year. I love Frank Reich and Luck but have to take the Chiefs at home.

Let's travel down to Nawlins' and look at what we have here! I think the Saints are going to win this game, but who in the hell cares what I think? Nick Foles is the Playoff Whisperer. I think the Saints pull this out, but I like the Over in the Dome. 7.5 is to much blood for me and Nick Foles. I will take the Over 51.5 Eagles/Saints The Eagles defense is playing much better, but I have to believe Brees and M.Thomas help push the score up to the upper twenties to Thirty range,

helping the likelihood of the over hitting with the Eagles pushing to keep up with the Saints and Brees.

Man, I want to take the Chargers to give Brady his walking papers. Go Chargers! Go Chargers! GO Bolts! Not going to bet against the Patriots at home with 2 weeks to prepare. Take the Patriots on the money line, but I would lean Chargers + the points...not touching this game because I will be rooting hard for the Chargers. But cannot ignore the Brady factor at home in the playoffs. The rub here is that if any team can beat the Patriots I think it might be the Chargers if they could stay with the run game. But Belichick is the better coach, and he will out coach just enough to stop the Chargers tendencies.

Rams vs Cowboys should be a very interesting game. If Dallas on the road can get pressure on Goff it might be a huge upset in the making. The Cowboys secondary is not all that great. A pass rush will be key for Dallas to have any chance in this game. A gimpy Cole Beasley does not bode well. If Beasley, B Jarwin are out, look for Tavon Austin to contribute more in the passing game. Bottom line Ezekiel Elliott and A Cooper will have to have big days. This game is almost impossible to handicap. I would love to grab the Rams -7.5 but I think Dallas can pressure Goff enough to keep their offense away from the big splash plays. Rams will be able to rush up the middle so Prescott will need to roll out and pass. short dump offs to Zeke Elliott and T Austin. A Cooper may not get open quick enough for Prescott to find him.

Dallas can still win this game if they impose their will with the running game and roll out Dak as a runner and a few improvised scrambling passes.

Rams run defense is not great. So I will take the Cowboys +7.5

Chiefs -5.5

Under 56.5 Chiefs/Colts

Over 51.5 Eagles/Saints

Cowboys +7.5

Moneyline Picks for Touch

Rams,Patriots, Saints, Chiefs...Home is where the Heart Is!

Colts 56.5

Chiefs -5.5

Cowboys 49.5

Rams -7.5

Chargers 45.5

Patriots -4.5

Eagles 51.5

Saints -7.5

I want to root for teams I can not bring myself to pick because of the lines. I am rooting for the Rams but no way giving 7.5 points to a hot team with a stout defense against a jittery QB. I am rooting for the Saints but dread giving 7.5 points to the Playoff Whisperer Nick Foles.

SO, I might have to pick a couple of totals to offset my agitated state of confusion.

The weather outside is frightening in Kansas City Snow early changing to freezing rain and sleet around game time which might bode well for Damian Williams and Marlon Mack in fantasy football spheres. The impact of the snow itself, should not be a big deal. But the sleet and freezing rain might tamp down splash plays in the passing game. Forcing teams to put together short passes and executing all of the routes in the route tree with RB's and tight ends, Kelce is a stud in this scenario, factoring in the passing game. The over /under is still going to approach 50+ but I feel the clock will tick just a little bit more in this environment per drive. I will take the Under in the Chiefs/Colts 56.5 This game is also inside a touchdown so I will take the Chiefs -5.5. Contrarian Parlay Alert!-Parlay Alert! Colts have had a great run but have not played any top team of merit this year. I love Frank Reich and Luck but have to take the Chiefs at home.

Let's travel down to Nawlins' and look at what we have here! I think the Saints are going to win this game, but who in the hell cares what I think? Nick Foles is the Playoff Whisperer. I think the Saints pull this out, but I like the Over in the Dome. 7.5 is to much blood for me and Nick Foles. I will take the Over 51.5 Eagles/Saints The Eagles defense is playing much better, but I have to believe Brees and M.Thomas help push the score up to the upper twenties to Thirty range,

helping the likelihood of the over hitting with the Eagles pushing to keep up with the Saints and Brees.

Man, I want to take the Chargers to give Brady his walking papers. Go Chargers! Go Chargers! GO Bolts! Not going to bet against the Patriots at home with 2 weeks to prepare. Take the Patriots on the money line, but I would lean Chargers + the points...not touching this game because I will be rooting hard for the Chargers. But cannot ignore the Brady factor at home in the playoffs. The rub here is that if any team can beat the Patriots I think it might be the Chargers if they could stay with the run game. But Belichick is the better coach, and he will out coach just enough to stop the Chargers tendencies.

Rams vs Cowboys should be a very interesting game. If Dallas on the road can get pressure on Goff it might be a huge upset in the making. The Cowboys secondary is not all that great. A pass rush will be key for Dallas to have any chance in this game. A gimpy Cole Beasley does not bode well. If Beasley, B Jarwin are out, look for Tavon Austin to contribute more in the passing game. Bottom line Ezekiel Elliott and A Cooper will have to have big days. This game is almost impossible to handicap. I would love to grab the Rams -7.5 but I think Dallas can pressure Goff enough to keep their offense away from the big splash plays. Rams will be able to rush up the middle so Prescott will need to roll out and pass. short dump offs to Zeke Elliott and T Austin. A Cooper may not get open quick enough for Prescott to find him.

Dallas can still win this game if they impose their will with the running game and roll out Dak as a runner and a few improvised scrambling passes.

Chiefs -5.5

Under 56.5 Chiefs/Colts

Over 51.5 Eagles/Saints

Cowboys +7.5

Don’t we have to pick each game?

Beautiful day for a playoff game here in KC.

Hank Stram and Len Dawson wouldn't want it any other way.

Colts 56.5

Chiefs -5.5

Cowboys 49.5

Rams -7.5

Chargers 45.5

Patriots -4.5

Eagles 51.5

Saints -7.5

Chiefs -5.5

Under 56.5 Chiefs/Colts

Over 51.5 Eagles/Saints

Cowboys +7.5

Don't we have to pick each game?

Possibly so , or then again maybe not. Either way I think I speak for the majority of you saying we let the good doc slide this week.

After all he is busting his a** at a high end steak house in Northern Va. and not able to see the Magic man one bit.

That is enough torture for doctoro the 40+ years NFL fan.

Just my two bits.

Magic Man Mahomes

He'll hold serve at snowy Arrowhead! You folks from the other great Missouri city are so fortunate. Jealous in Carolina.

usa_today_11095694.0.jpg

So I post the above post with about 4 minutes left in the first half at Arrowhead.

Then "the Patrick" dives for the pylon on the QB keeper and balls out for the TD!

Stadium as you expect goes nuts.

Bravo NBC for as they show the replay of Mahomes gutsy run it in score, they play the

spot on song for the moment.........

So Cool.