Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • mike_fbnmike_fbn Members Posts: 19
    I'd be curious to go back and look at the Taylormade Tour Spider thread when the first images went public. I think once could argue that putter changed the game. I've always been a newport/monterey guy, but I love the Tour Spider and I can't find anything that makes more putts. It took a lot to get used to looking at, but now its pure confidence. That said, the quality of the materials and how its manufactured leave a lot to be desired. Say what you want about Cameron, the quality and attention to detail are never compromised... whether you like the styling or not.

Now back to the regularly scheduled Cameron bashing!
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members Posts: 868 ✭✭
    I bet he laughs knowing people will pay $2k+ for these.
    TC Rogue SZ 8.8* Pro Orange 70TX/ ACCRA TZ5 75 M5
    M2 Tour 15* Kuro Kage DC 70TX
    790 UDI Tensei Pro White 100TX
    4-PW Apex Pro 19 DG X7's
    50* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    J-DAY Spider
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 913 ✭✭
    mike_fbn wrote:

I'd be curious to go back and look at the Taylormade Tour Spider thread when the first images went public. I think once could argue that putter changed the game. I've always been a newport/monterey guy, but I love the Tour Spider and I can't find anything that makes more putts. It took a lot to get used to looking at, but now its pure confidence. That said, the quality of the materials and how its manufactured leave a lot to be desired. Say what you want about Cameron, the quality and attention to detail are never compromised... whether you like the styling or not.

Taylormade was the first to offer that style.... They offered a slant neck (and then plumber neck later), which played a huge part in it's popularity.

Scotty does a bad knock off and in the cheap typical bend neck option only.

The Futura line was always fun because Scotty would explore new ideas. The Futura X was crazy ugly and I loved it. But he's continuing to come out with double or single bend shafts to avoid producing plumber and slant necks and alum/SS combination heads when very clearly the market wants neck options and single material heads.

The Toulon Las Vegas is calling my name. That's a knock off I can stand behind.
  • nicholasriehlnicholasriehl Nick R. Hershey, PAMembers Posts: 315 ✭✭
    I'll care if/when they ever offer anything in a left handed center shaft model
    PING G400 LST 10* --- HZRDUS Black 65-6.0
    PING G400 16.9* Fairway --- HZRDUS Yellow 75-6.0
    Callaway Epic 20* Hybrid --- HZRDUS Black 85-6.0
    Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-PW --- Modus 120-S
    Cleveland CBX 50* + 56* --- Modus 120-S
    PING Eye2 Gorge LW --- Modus 120-S
    PING Pickemup B --- 35" Counterbalanced Conversion
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,222 ✭✭
    DFS PFD wrote:

I bet he laughs knowing people will pay $2k+ for these.

If any tour player is crazy enough to game one then they will make the tour issue models. Not sure if he's ever made a tour issue version of a club that never got played on tour.
  • born4golf77born4golf77 Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    Guess I'm in the minority but I like em. Simple shape, not many distractions at address. Lots of options for different custom shop site lines/dots.
  • theboyslatertheboyslater Members Posts: 37 ✭✭

From Kevin Na's Caddies IG... I would like to see the playing position of the one without the silver wings.

This looks like a transformer! Maybe a putter in disguise?
  • Truly find these to be ugly as sin, and I'm a completely unashamed Scotty fanboy. That said, I am VERY excited about the lack of insert in these putters, maybe the blades will follow suit?
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭

Truly find these to be ugly as sin, and I'm a completely unashamed Scotty fanboy. That said, I am VERY excited about the lack of insert in these putters, maybe the blades will follow suit?

The insert is there... it’s the whole face, then goes over the top for extra fugliness and cheapness.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
  • GolfBum82GolfBum82 Major Winner Members Posts: 683 ✭✭
    I used to be all in on Scotty. Circle T putters, bag, logo golf balls, divot tools, etc but then I woke up and thought how much money have I spent on “stuff” just because it had CT on it. Doesn’t make a ton of sense. No disrespect to any fan or collector. For me I didn’t see the point to pay 10x for product that wasn’t superior to other OEMs.
  • My only hope is that a tariff war with China will jack the prices of aluminum up so much that Scotty is forced financially to mill solid stainless steel putters again.
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5
    Titleist 915Fd 5 Wood
    Mizuno MP 18 Fli-Hi 3 Iron
    Mizuno MP 18 SC (4)
    Mizuno MP 18 (5-P)
    Vokey SM7 50*-12F
    Vokey SM7 54*-10S
    Vokey SM7 58*-12D
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 35/350
    Pro V1x
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members Posts: 157 ✭✭
    I love scotty putters generally but these are gross
    Driver: TaylorMade M5 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70x
    3 Wood: TaylorMade M1 13.5 deg - Fujikura Evolution 757 7.2 Tour Spec x 3 wood
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2, 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90x
    Irons: Titleist TMB 718 4 iron, AP2 718 5-PW - KBS C-taper 130x
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 slate blue 50.12 F C-taper 130x, 54.10 S and 60.08 M DG S400 TI
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5
  • kobes31kobes31 EFF Members Posts: 790 ✭✭
    I very much like that Nike Method Core Done 2.0 errr uh T-12.

But really I do like it.
  • Vardon GripVardon Grip Members Posts: 455 ✭✭
    Makes all of the older stuff that much more valuable. Thanks Scotty.
  • EddyVNEddyVN Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    SubaruWRX wrote:

Looks a lot like the old Yes! true Alignment putters.

haha was about to post the same! hideous
    D: Ping LST - Oban White
    FW: G400 - Diamana S+
    TM P790 UDI - KBS Proto X
    Titleist 718 CB - Nippon Proto ST 105X
    Wishon 50,54 - KBS Tour 130x
    Vokey SM7 58D
    Edel E-4
  • 20six20six Members Posts: 563 ✭✭
    No. Period. Thank the golf gods we still have Piretti and Bettinardi.
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭
    I can’t remember a thread where every reply is negative. Well done SC Putter team.
  • calogecaloge Members Posts: 445 ✭✭
    to be fair to Scotty, his best designs are remixes. Give him a putter design will potential and he will turn it into the best looking version of itself. Give him a blank piece of paper and a pen, and, well, he has not produced much to write home about.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,003 ClubWRX

Truly find these to be ugly as sin, and I'm a completely unashamed Scotty fanboy. That said, I am VERY excited about the lack of insert in these putters, maybe the blades will follow suit?

The insert is there... it’s the whole face, then goes over the top for extra fugliness and cheapness.

Haha, brilliant!!!! While anyone else is doing a milled piece of metal Scotty is going the other way and just making his putters completely out of insert now!! I think he has been misunderstanding the calls from the wild here.... go back the other way Scotty!!!
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* Tensei Blue 
    Mizuno ST180 15* Tensei blue
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Srixon Z745 4-P PX 5.5 flighted
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    caloge wrote:

to be fair to Scotty, his best designs are remixes. Give him a putter design will potential and he will turn it into the best looking version of itself. Give him a blank piece of paper and a pen, and, well, he has not produced much to write home about.

Other than the wonderful Futura. Bask in its magnificence!

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
  • rkelso184rkelso184 Members Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Looks so much like a TM spider OS
    Driver - G410 Evenflow Black 70S
    4W - F9 Fuji Speeder XLR8 Pro 73S
    6W - F9 Fuji Speeder XLR8 Pro 73S
    4H - JPX900 Fuji Pro 73HS
    5 to P - P790 1" Over KBS Tour S
    50-54-58 - MD4 Black DGS200 TI 
    P - Spider X 35"
    Ball - Chrome Soft

• Luke.SuttonLuke.Sutton ClubWRX Posts: 120 ClubWRX
    Titleist needs to hire a new putter guy NOW. This old man is done...

Titleist really screwed up keeping Vokey/Dill and letting JP walk and I’m afraid the are doing the same here. Put a fork in Scotty and Titleist unless they get some young ideas in there.
  • tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,376 ✭✭

Titleist needs to hire a new putter guy NOW. This old man is done...

Titleist really screwed up keeping Vokey/Dill and letting JP walk and I'm afraid the are doing the same here. Put a fork in Scotty and Titleist unless they get some young ideas in there.

You're an idiot.
    Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 11, 9.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Sun Mountain Swift X
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,970 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 4:37pm #117
    mike_fbn wrote:

Agreed! You want a high quality mid to high MOI mallet here’s your chance. Looks one heck of a lot nicer than the same category from Odyssey or TM in my humble opinion.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • eldog-in-the-hizouseeldog-in-the-hizouse Members Posts: 954 ✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:

mike_fbn wrote:

Agreed! You want a high quality mid to high MOI mallet here's your chance. Looks one heck of a lot nicer than the same category from Odyssey or TM in my humble opinion.

I don't understand all the vitriol about these putters or Scotty Cameron in general. Almost any product anywhere has been copied to some degree. Is there a segment of the population who hates any car maker who designed and built a four door model except for whomever did it first? Do people hate paper towel companies that came after whomever did it first? The size and shape of these mallets look great to me. I like the black. The quality of the craftsmanship will be superior to the Spiders in every way. I can't and won't defend the price of his putters, or the Toulons that are over $400, but I do know that no one is forced to buy them.
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,234 ✭✭
    If you're looking for a mallet with high moi there are a ton of them a **** of a lot better looking than these things.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 ClubWRX
    I love the look of a good traditional putter so I was going to say that Scotty finally jumped the shark but he's jumped it about 10 times and just keeps on coming back and dominating.

It just proves that if you stamp Scotty Cameron on a hunk of ugly metal people will line up to pay $400 for it.
  • MeanmachinemoeMeanmachinemoe Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Lets' face some facts. If you play golf for a living and your financial life depends on getting the ball in the whole, I guarantee that you would use whatever worked the best no matter what it looks like. I truly believe that the casual golfer kinda feels the same way. They just want whatever makes them better. Hardcore guys like us are that way to a certain degree but also with various twists. For me, I want the best looking putter (in my eyes) that gets it in the hole but I have let ego get the best of me at times and have used putters based on name alone.

But, these in my estimation will only attract the hardcore Scotty guys but from what I've read here and elsewhere, even those guys are running for cover with these fugly sticks.
    Taylormade 2017 M1 460 10.5* Fujikura Pro XLR8 56
    Titleist 818 H2 17* Tensei Blue 70
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei Blue 70
    Ping G400 4-UW,SW AWT 2.0
    Ping Glide 2.0 58 WS AWT 2.0
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5